Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2017, 17:30   #241
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 275
Thanked: 242 Times
Default Re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Drove down to Indore last weekend. As the plan was a sudden one decided to take Pune-Sangamner- Kopargaon -Dhule - Indore route. While going was at 11:00 AM at Nashik Phata. Road till Narayan Gaon is still 2 lane. ... ... after Narayangaon till Sangamner its a breeze with 4 lane . From Sangamner took the road to Kopargaon, 2 lane road did not encounter much traffic. Reached Indore at 8 PM . No breaks except 2 bio breakes

On the way back, stuck to Indore - Dhule -Manmad- Shirdi - Nagar - Pune stretch.
Hello MM403,

Thank you for sharing the updates, I am planning to travel to Panna (via Indore) this weekend and I was thinking of taking the Sangamner-Kopargaon-Manmad-Malegaon-Dhule route.

I see that you opted for the 2nd route through Nagar - any particular reason as I feel it is a longer route for me.
This is the first time I am traveling on this route (except Nashik of course) so any tips would be great, we are planning to leave at around 3-4am from PCMC and planning to reach Indore by 11-12 (for lunch) before proceeding ahead towards Vidisha/Sagar. Is this realistic?

Thanks & Cheers!
Trojan

Last edited by Trojan : 19th June 2017 at 17:38.
Trojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 17:46   #242
BHPian
 
mm403's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 156
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Hello MM403,

Thank you for sharing the updates, I am planning to travel to Panna (via Indore) this weekend and I was thinking of taking the Sangamner-Kopargaon-Manmad-Malegaon-Dhule route.

I see that you opted for the 2nd route through Nagar - any particular reason as I feel it is a longer route for me.
This is the first time I am traveling on this route (except Nashik of course) so any tips would be great, we are planning to leave at around 3-4am from PCMC and planning to reach Indore by 11-12 (for lunch) before proceeding ahead towards Vidisha/Sagar. Is this realistic?

Thanks & Cheers!
Trojan
Hi

Distance wise not much difference. I have always been taking the Nagar - Shirdi - Manmad Road . Took Sangamner Kopargaon for first time. In my opinion, need to give some time till all 4 lanes operational. Starting at 3/4 in order to reach Indore at 11/12 is unrealistic. You will reach by 1 or 2 PM. Once I started at 5 and reached Bhopal at 6 pm but this was just with food and bio brakes. If you have family with you it will be difficult

Last edited by mm403 : 19th June 2017 at 17:47. Reason: Missed a sentence
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 18:10   #243
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 275
Thanked: 242 Times
Default Re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Hi

Took Sangamner Kopargaon for first time. In my opinion, need to give some time till all 4 lanes operational.
Starting at 3/4 in order to reach Indore at 11/12 is unrealistic. You will reach by 1 or 2 PM. Once I started at 5 and reached Bhopal at 6 pm but this was just with food and bio brakes. If you have family with you it will be difficult
Thanks MM403,

So this route is not 4 laned all the way? Could you please point out which sections are not yet 4 laned.
The reason to leave at 3-4 is not with the destination in mind but rather to avoid traffic. I usually prefer traveling late nights or early mornings.
We are planning to reach either Vidisha/Sagar that day, don't intend to reach Panna the same day. So need to factor around 10-11hrs for Indore, cool thanks again!

Cheers,
trojan
Trojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 13:15   #244
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 46
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Planning to drive to Indore for Diwali, Will be leaving this Saturday, early morning.
Any update on latest road conditions? which route to take?
INJAXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 14:07   #245
BHPian
 
amit_purohit20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 554
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Planning to drive to Indore for Diwali, Will be leaving this Saturday, early morning.
Any update on latest road conditions? which route to take?
If you stay in pune area you can take the Pune- Ahmednagar- Rahuri- Shirdi- Manmad- Dhule- Sendhwa- Mhow- Indore route.

If you stay in pimpri-chinchwad take the Nashik route to join the same Bombay-Agra Highway.

Please note do not take the Ahmednagar by-pass road. Its damaged and you will get stuck up very badly and might scrape your car belly too. Better take the ahmednagar city route to go to Shirdi.

Route from Ahmednagar to Shirdi is now mostly double lane but not of the best quality and many places its broken down. So be careful about big craters.

Once you touch Bombay-Agra highway its smooth sailing.

Start early, wish you a safe journey. I recently did this journey in night and was not happy with the road conditions between Nagar to Dhule stretch.
amit_purohit20 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2017, 13:33   #246
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 46
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
If you stay in pune area you can take the Pune- Ahmednagar- Rahuri- Shirdi- Manmad- Dhule- Sendhwa- Mhow- Indore route.

If you stay in pimpri-chinchwad take the Nashik route to join the same Bombay-Agra Highway.
Thanks Amit.
I took the Nashik route my journey, thanks for headsup about Ahmednagar route.

03:00PM - started from Dange Chowk.
10:00 PM - Reached Malegaon. Stayed the night there (sisters in-laws place)

Next day
08:00AM - Started from Malegaon (A.B. Road)
01:00PM - Reached Indore.


Total toll :
Pune to Malegaon - ₹400
Malegaon to Indore - ₹320

Road conditions:
Some small (less than a KM) patches were bad till we reached NH60, Once we were on Pune-Nashik highway it was smooth sailing.

Return journey:
This time, plan is to do it without overnight stay.
Leaving tomorrow.
INJAXN is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries rammishra Route / Travel Queries 59 28th September 2017 22:37
Hyderabad to Indore : Route Queries rahul_intlad Route / Travel Queries 95 26th September 2017 11:09
"Pune-Indore-Pune: 2012 Nov trip report on Page 3 pjbiju Travelogues 56 13th August 2013 10:18
Trip Log - Pune - Indore - Mandsaur - Bhopal - Pune mmxylorider Travelogues 19 23rd January 2012 17:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks