Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 19th June 2017, 17:30   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Pune - Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Drove down to Indore last weekend. As the plan was a sudden one decided to take Pune-Sangamner- Kopargaon -Dhule - Indore route. While going was at 11:00 AM at Nashik Phata. Road till Narayan Gaon is still 2 lane. ... ... after Narayangaon till Sangamner its a breeze with 4 lane . From Sangamner took the road to Kopargaon, 2 lane road did not encounter much traffic. Reached Indore at 8 PM . No breaks except 2 bio breakes

On the way back, stuck to Indore - Dhule -Manmad- Shirdi - Nagar - Pune stretch.
Hello MM403,

Thank you for sharing the updates, I am planning to travel to Panna (via Indore) this weekend and I was thinking of taking the Sangamner-Kopargaon-Manmad-Malegaon-Dhule route.

I see that you opted for the 2nd route through Nagar - any particular reason as I feel it is a longer route for me.
This is the first time I am traveling on this route (except Nashik of course) so any tips would be great, we are planning to leave at around 3-4am from PCMC and planning to reach Indore by 11-12 (for lunch) before proceeding ahead towards Vidisha/Sagar. Is this realistic?

Thanks & Cheers!
Trojan

Last edited by Trojan : 19th June 2017 at 17:38.
Trojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 17:46   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Hello MM403,

Thank you for sharing the updates, I am planning to travel to Panna (via Indore) this weekend and I was thinking of taking the Sangamner-Kopargaon-Manmad-Malegaon-Dhule route.

I see that you opted for the 2nd route through Nagar - any particular reason as I feel it is a longer route for me.
This is the first time I am traveling on this route (except Nashik of course) so any tips would be great, we are planning to leave at around 3-4am from PCMC and planning to reach Indore by 11-12 (for lunch) before proceeding ahead towards Vidisha/Sagar. Is this realistic?

Thanks & Cheers!
Trojan
Hi

Distance wise not much difference. I have always been taking the Nagar - Shirdi - Manmad Road . Took Sangamner Kopargaon for first time. In my opinion, need to give some time till all 4 lanes operational. Starting at 3/4 in order to reach Indore at 11/12 is unrealistic. You will reach by 1 or 2 PM. Once I started at 5 and reached Bhopal at 6 pm but this was just with food and bio brakes. If you have family with you it will be difficult

Last edited by mm403 : 19th June 2017 at 17:47. Reason: Missed a sentence
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 18:10   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Hi

Took Sangamner Kopargaon for first time. In my opinion, need to give some time till all 4 lanes operational.
Starting at 3/4 in order to reach Indore at 11/12 is unrealistic. You will reach by 1 or 2 PM. Once I started at 5 and reached Bhopal at 6 pm but this was just with food and bio brakes. If you have family with you it will be difficult
Thanks MM403,

So this route is not 4 laned all the way? Could you please point out which sections are not yet 4 laned.
The reason to leave at 3-4 is not with the destination in mind but rather to avoid traffic. I usually prefer traveling late nights or early mornings.
We are planning to reach either Vidisha/Sagar that day, don't intend to reach Panna the same day. So need to factor around 10-11hrs for Indore, cool thanks again!

Cheers,
trojan
Trojan is offline   Reply With Quote