Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 17:58   #796
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone noticed the naming trends / Titles of Hindi films lately. They contain more and more english words. Maybe, the target audience is no longer just Indians or NRIs. Nothing wrong. 'My name is Khan', 'Three Idiots' Etc..
Old 20th March 2010, 01:30   #797
Senior - BHPian

Saw LS&D this afternoon. Three stories entwined with each other. Interesting concept. I do not want to say anything on the story etc as that will spoil the fun of watching this movie. You have to go without any expectations and keep an open mind.

It is the same director Dibakar Banerjee who made 'Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye' and Khosla Ka Ghosla, so no surprises with this one though this is more a continuation of the trend set by OLLO rather than KKG which was more like a usual Bollywood film. In fact the main character of the last story is the same girl who played the role of heroine's sister in OLLO where her character's name was Dolly if I recall correctly, do correct me if I am wrong.

After a long while the theater was full, lots of couples and the usual 'manchala' crowd but do not go by the title of the movie otherwise you will be as disappointed as most of the people in the theater today.

I will give it 3.5 upon 5 as it is a nice tight and engaging film worth a watch for sure.

Last edited by khoj : 20th March 2010 at 01:32.
Old 20th March 2010, 02:40   #798
BHPian

Just watched Love Sex Dhoka. It was the biggest dhoka of my life.Do not see it. It is self indulgence at the best and the ratings.

---------.00000000 from 100000000.

watch at your on peril.

The so called movie i do not want to get infarcted on the forum.

Period.
Old 21st March 2010, 08:32   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Just came back from KCK.

Farhaan Akhtar is either trying to go the way of the B grade American movies or he is inspired by what Jodie Foster has done as a producer director actor. A couple of more movies from him will clear this up!
Also watched it. Really poorly shot movie. Weak screenplay. Very untypical of someone who directed Dil Chahata Hai.

Here is a spoof based on the movie. Will make sense only to people who watched it.

Quote:
Shonali (cuddling) : Karthik, I love you. Hamare beech koi secrets nahi, OK?

Karthik (worried): Huh....hmm......ahhh....hmm

Shonali : Kyun? Kya hua? Kuch hai kya? Mujhe batado. Pleeeeeze

Karthink : Haan. Lekin secret nahi. Ek abnormality hai. Actually kuch special hai.

Shonali (worried) : Kya hai Karthik? Tum mujhe sab kuch bata sakte ho

Karthik : Mujhe subah panch baje kuch aata hai.

Shonali (curious): Kya?

Karthik : Wo actually

Shonali (reeele worried): Kya? Phone call? Koi tume phone karta hai?

Karthik : Nahi Nahi.

Shonali : tho kya

Karthink: Mujhe roz panch baje bohot gas aata hi

Shonali (hysterical): Kya?

Karthik: Haan. yeh kuch hi dino ke pehele se shuru hua hai

Shonali: Yeh acchi baat nai hai!!!!!! You need help Karthik! Tumhe doctor ke paas jaaana hai

Karthik: Nahi Shonali. Yeh mere liye bohut zaruri hai. Isne mere zindiki ko badal diya. Mujhe bohot relief milta hai

Shonali: Lekin yeh galat hai. Yeh hamare future ke liye accha nahi hai.

Karthik: Yeh sirf subhe dho minat ke liye hota hai.

Shonali: Lekin ...Lekin....Kaise Karthik

Karthik: Mei doosre kamre me chala jaaun ga

Shonali: nahi Karthik. Mei aise aadmi ke saat kaise shaadi kar sakti hun. Tumhe doctor ke paas jaana hi padega

Karthik: aaaa......hmmmm....theeek hai

Last edited by Mpower : 21st March 2010 at 08:39.
Old 21st March 2010, 11:56   #800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Saw LS&D this afternoon. Three stories entwined with each other. Interesting concept. I do not want to say anything on the story etc as that will spoil the fun of watching this movie. You have to go without any expectations and keep an open mind.

It is the same director Dibakar Banerjee who made 'Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye' and Khosla Ka Ghosla, so no surprises with this one though this is more a continuation of the trend set by OLLO rather than KKG which was more like a usual Bollywood film. In fact the main character of the last story is the same girl who played the role of heroine's sister in OLLO where her character's name was Dolly if I recall correctly, do correct me if I am wrong.

After a long while the theater was full, lots of couples and the usual 'manchala' crowd but do not go by the title of the movie otherwise you will be as disappointed as most of the people in the theater today.

I will give it 3.5 upon 5 as it is a nice tight and engaging film worth a watch for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
Just watched Love Sex Dhoka. It was the biggest dhoka of my life.Do not see it. It is self indulgence at the best and the ratings.

---------.00000000 from 100000000.

watch at your on peril.

The so called movie i do not want to get infarcted on the forum.

Period.
Whoaa, two radically opposite reviews. I have already decided to watch this movie ( at my own peril, ofcourse)
Old 21st March 2010, 23:41   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Very untypical of someone who directed Dil Chahata Hai.
Not really. DCH had Aamir Khan in it. Remember, many directors who worked with Aamir Khan have been one film wonders.

1.Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra: Aks did not work, RDB did, Delhi 6 didn't.

2.Ashutosh Gowarikar- Pehla Nasha-no, Lagaan-yes, Swades(was great, an absolute exception), Jodhaa Akbar(rubbish IMHO), What's your Raashee?-no.

3.John Matthew Matthan: Sarfarosh-yes, Shikhar-no.

4.Farhan Akhtar: DCH-yes, Lakshya-no, Don-no.

5.Vikram Bhatt: Ghulam- his only proper superhit apart from Raaz. Look out for info. on his other numerous films almost none of which are worth a mention.

6.Manssor Khan: Quayamat se quayamat tak-yes,
Jo jeeta wohi Sikandar-yes
Akele hum akele tum
-
no, inspite of Aamir Khan being the lead. An exception.

Josh-no.
Old 22nd March 2010, 00:15   #802
Senior - BHPian

'Gas aata hai'

Spot on Mpower it was all hot air indeed.
Old 22nd March 2010, 01:23   #803
Senior - BHPian

Love Sex Dhoka:

This is a very different movie or rather a differently made movie. The movie has three different stories of Love, Dhoka and Sex respectively, as the title suggests. It has it's Pulp Fiction moments - the way characters from different stories are linked.

The USP of the movie is it's presentation. The stories are shot using handycam, CCTV camera and the cameras used for Sting operation. Editing is spot on. It doesn't feel stretched or boring.

I would recommend watching this movie, just for the way it's presented if nothing else. I would rate it at 5/5, as I didn't find anything wrong with it. It is just that precise, to the point and believable.

PS - Good to see these kind of experimental/different movies made in India.

Last edited by safari_lover : 22nd March 2010 at 01:27.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:35   #804
BHPian

Watched Love Sex Dhoka (LSD) this weekend.

Its a different movie. Some of the characters are quite likeable and some very powerful sequences in the movie as well.

I did not like the camerawork. It was shot with handycam and was very shabby, makes your head spin after some time. It might be the USP of the film, but I did not like it.

Its different kinda movie. I dont think this will not appeal to many, but its a good movie all in all.

I would rate it 3.8/5
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:11   #805
BHPian

Watched Road to Sangam this weekend.

Nice performances rendered by Paresh Rawal and Om Puri. The plot is excellent, however, the screenplay is not that impressive but not disappointing at all.

The story is about an act of terrorism and subsequent administrative attrocities on Muslim; in-community ideological clashes and around all this is A TASK taken up by a relatively liberal person Hashmat-a-ullah Khan (Paresh Rawal). The task is to rebuild the engine of a 60 years old Ford; the need to rebuilt? The car is to be used to carry the Kalash containing the mortal remains of none other than the Father of The Nation, Mahatma Gandhi.

As some may or may not know that Gandhiji's last wish was that his remains be passed in all Indian rivers. After death, his remains were put into 20 Kalashs and sent all over India. During the course of watching this movie, I was SHOCKED to know that one such Kalash kept lying in a bank locker in Orissa for more than two decades. What a shame !!!

I'd term this move a must watch; rating - 3/5
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:25   #806
Senior - BHPian

Watched Paa on TV on Sunday. It was quite different from what I expected. A very nice movie. I was blown away with BigB's performance simply amazing, the movie is worth watching just to see him play a grown up Kid.

My rating 4.5/5
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:50   #807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Right ya Wrong
Difficult to review this movie.
Its bases on an english movie called "Above Suspicion".
Overall the story line is taught, interesting and grippy.
But its the execution in first half that mars it.
Infact during the first 30 minutes you wonder is are these guys actors or what.
Dialogues are sloppy and cliched, even irfan khan can barely act, and the less said about the acting skills of Sunny the better.
But after the first half the movie takes a twist, and here is where the real movie starts.
Its grippy, and you keep wondering what will happen next!
Thoroughly entertaining and very watchable.
I would give it a one time watch rating 3/5 stars!
Watched this movie last night. I agree to some extent with you Tanveer.

First half was spent in creating a premise for the movie, which in itself was too long.

I felt Irfan acted rather well. Sunny for a change in a restrained role than his usual hollering self

Konkona was introduced into the movie with no introduction, it took me sometime to understand who she is and what the heck she was doing in the movie.

Grippy movie and I liked it even though it could have been made better.

3.5/5
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:23   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Watched this movie last night. I agree to some extent with you Tanveer.

Grippy movie and I liked it even though it could have been made better.

3.5/5
Agree with you both. Its a very well made movie. The foundation was well laid but was boring. I felt the songs should have been better, it would have made more impact.

I really liked the second half, felt like watching a fast pace thriller. There were quite a few moments when i chewed on my finger nails unknowingly.

3.5/5
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:31   #809
BHPian

It is a very bad movie period ; hand held camera movies can be brilliantly done

Does anyone remember "The Blair witch project ";

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Watched Love Sex Dhoka (LSD) this weekend.

Its a different movie. Some of the characters are quite likeable and some very powerful sequences in the movie as well.

I did not like the camerawork. It was shot with handycam and was very shabby, makes your head spin after some time. It might be the USP of the film, but I did not like it.

Its different kinda movie. I dont think this will not appeal to many, but its a good movie all in all.

I would rate it 3.8/5
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:51   #810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
It is a very bad movie period ; hand held camera movies can be brilliantly done

Does anyone remember "The Blair witch project ";
BWP, i know got rave reviews. I watched it too because of the hype.

When the movie finished, i was left dazed, gasping and confused since i din't get to know who the protagonist was.

In short, I felt cheated !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks