Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2014, 11:18   #631

Hey guys, I have recently noticed that here is a lot of moisture accumulating under my driver side floor mat.. Even after ensuring the area is dry if the car is used a little, it seems to be getting moist. I figure it's to do with the a/c.. Anyone face similar problems? The car is a 1.2 petrol polo which is around 3 months old.
Old 5th November 2014, 13:04   #632

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Hi guys. Just an update about my insurance progress with Volkswagen and Bharati Axa.
It's 37 days since i filed my claim. My car is just lying in their workshop unattended as of yet.
There is gross miscommunication between both of them and as usual we suffer. The roof of my car has been damaged and for that VW has raised an estimate of 4 lakhs!!!! The bonet, front and rear windscreens and roof is all that is damaged. The 2 companies are engaged in a tug of war and as usual we are the sufferers. VWs after sales support still leaves a lot to question years after they have come into the market. And friends.... please do not under any circumstances get your insurance from bharati axa. They are Grossly inefficient and unwilling to settle the claim or even let work start 37 days later.
Friends will shortly put up pics of the car.
Old 6th November 2014, 12:21   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoju View Post
It's 37 days since i filed my claim. My car is just lying in their workshop unattended as of yet.
Are you directly interacting with Surveyor and insurance company? Or you are only communicating through VW workshop people? It makes sense to speak directly with surveyor to understand their side of concerns.

Many times body shop people grossly overestimate parts to be replaced. This becomes point of contention between Insurance company and Workshop.
Old 6th November 2014, 13:22   #634

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Are you directly interacting with Surveyor and insurance company?

Many times body shop people grossly overestimate parts to be replaced. This becomes point of contention between Insurance company and Workshop.
Yes. Am daily in touch with the surveyor but he keeps procrastinating. Even kept a meeting at VW to discuss what to replace and what not to. But that also got cancelled by them...
Old 6th November 2014, 13:55   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoju View Post
The roof of my car has been damaged and for that VW has raised an estimate of 4 lakhs!!!! The bonet, front and rear windscreens and roof is all that is damaged..
Friends will shortly put up pics of the car.
Polo/Vento roof is laser welded at the factory. If the roof panel has to be replaced at the dealer end i'm curious to know how they go about it. Would the do spot welding or laser welding. If its the latter maybe thats why the cost is high. Please upload pics of the roof.

Did you take insurance from the dealer or on your own?
Old 6th November 2014, 14:15   #636

Dunno about the type of welding.
Will try to upload the estimate soon along with the pics of the car.
Old 6th November 2014, 18:17   #637
BHPian

I have the new Polo 1.5 TDI.
I really don't like the horns. It is a single tone horn unlike the double tone from the earlier models.
My brother had got a spare set of horns for his Laura.
Will this work in my polo?
The service guys at VW hosur road said they don't install parts bought outside.
Any other local shop ?
Old 7th November 2014, 09:30   #638
BHPian

I have a one and a half year old Polo 1.2 Petrol. Observed today morning that there is some rust/color degradation near the VW logo on my hatch. Please see the attached image. I guess all VW cars come with 6 years anti rust/corrosion warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-1415332799536.jpg  

Old 7th November 2014, 10:02   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
I have the new Polo 1.5 TDI.
I really don't like the horns. It is a single tone horn unlike the double tone from the earlier models.
My brother had got a spare set of horns for his Laura.
Will this work in my polo?
The service guys at VW hosur road said they don't install parts bought outside.
Any other local shop ?
The Trendline variant will have a single tone horn. You will get a louder double tone in Comfortline and Highline variants.
Old 7th November 2014, 10:11   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
The Trendline variant will have a single tone horn. You will get a louder double tone in Comfortline and Highline variants.
Hi KkVaidya,
I have the highline variant only. Now all the variants come with the same horn. I think even the new Vento also has the single tone horn.
Remember the SA saying something to do with the norms.
Old 7th November 2014, 10:46   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
I have a one and a half year old Polo 1.2 Petrol. Observed today morning that there is some rust/color degradation near the VW logo on my hatch. Please see the attached image. I guess all VW cars come with 6 years anti rust/corrosion warranty.
That looks like hard water stains. A good car detailer will be able to get rid of it.
Santoshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 10:49   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
That looks like hard water stains. A good car detailer will be able to get rid of it.
Thanks Santosh. I will try doing that. But it looks like the color has gone off from the surface.
Old 7th November 2014, 13:25   #643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
I fear you may be wrong about the 6 years. I remember some disappointment on this when buying my Polo: a Passat would have come with the same warranty as the European car, but the Indian-built Polo did not. Three years on, though, I have no idea of the current warranty terms.

Hopefuly the detailing route will fix this. If that really turns out to be rust, that is a very serious faileng.
Old 7th November 2014, 15:04   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I fear you may be wrong about the 6 years. I remember some disappointment on this when buying my Polo: a Passat would have come with the same warranty as the European car, but the Indian-built Polo did not. Three years on, though, I have no idea of the current warranty terms.
The Polo and Vento in India do come with 6-year anti-corrosion warranty. The higher models (Jetta onwards) come with a 12-year warranty.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 16:15   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Hopefuly the detailing route will fix this. If that really turns out to be rust, that is a very serious faileng.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
The Polo and Vento in India do come with 3-year anti-corrosion warranty. The higher models (Jetta onwards) come with a 12-year warranty.
I checked on the VW website and Polo does have 6 year anti-corrosion warranty. I plan to visit the VW service centre tomorrow. Let's see what they say.

Last edited by Ketan T : 7th November 2014 at 16:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks