Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 11:53   #571
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
We aren’t suggesting going for an insurance claim here. Please read my post again.
When repairing cost is more than no-claim bonus+compulsory deduction then it doesn't make any sense not to claim the insurance. What if there is another damage in the same year? Will you still not claim the insurance? Then look how much money you will end up paying from your pocket for multiple claims in a year.

Bumper replacement with repainting will cost around 8K and in case of insurance claim, there will be compulsory deduction of Rs 1K for a small car. How much the no claim bonus will be here? Less than half the price of the money paid from pocket in case of not claiming the insurance.

IMO claiming the insurance makes more sense here.
Old 25th August 2014, 12:02   #572
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
How much the no claim bonus will be here?
No idea since he hasn't mentioned if this is a new insurance or if the NCB has been transferred from his previous vehicle's insurance.

Quote:
What if there is another damage in the same year?
If there are other damages that pile up within a year, sure the insurance will take the benefit but not otherwise. And that post was made with reference to the repair of the bumper crack alone and not 'another damage'.
Old 25th August 2014, 12:48   #573
BHPian

Quote:
No idea since he hasn't mentioned if this is a new insurance or if the NCB has been transferred from his previous vehicle's insurance.

If there are other damages that pile up within a year, sure the insurance will take the benefit but not otherwise. And that post was made with reference to the repair of the bumper crack alone and not 'another damage'.
The insurance is new and is the full bumper to bumper comprehensive one. Deductible plus NCB will work out to 7,500/- approximately if I claim.

Last edited by vivriti : 25th August 2014 at 13:08. Reason: Additional detail included
Old 25th August 2014, 13:56   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
The insurance is new and is the full bumper to bumper comprehensive one. Deductible plus NCB will work out to 7,500/- approximately if I claim.
Are you sure you are going to get the no claim bonus of more than 6K? If so then I would suggest to get the bumper replaced in the current year and don't claim the insurance. Because suppose you carry forward the current damage to next policy year and car suffers any other damage on any other panel (especially on other sides like rear or left side of the car) before getting repaired the current damage then it will be hard to convince the surveyor to cover both damages in same claim. You get 2 or 3 zero percent depreciation covers in a year (depending on you policy) and you may have to lose out both the claims for rest of the year.

If you don't claim the insurance then repairing job takes much lesser time and if you insist to the workshop guys and leave the car on prior appointment, you can get back the car within 1 or 2 days. Its the insurance process which delays the delivery time after repairing jobs.

If you are getting good enough no claim bonus then don't carry forward the current years damage to the next year and get it repaired form your pocket ASAP before the current policy year ends.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 25th August 2014 at 13:58.
Old 25th August 2014, 17:08   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Because suppose you carry forward the current damage to next policy year and car suffers any other damage on any other panel (especially on other sides like rear or left side of the car) before getting repaired the current damage then it will be hard to convince the surveyor to cover both damages in same claim.
I changed insurers to Bajaj Allianz and my Cruze faced a detailed physical survey carried out during policy issue including extensive digital pictures. A BA official made numerous notations w.r.t. the scratches/dents etc on a proper form and got me to sign off on them. Don't think the earlier practice of carrying forward old damage and passing off later will work anymore.
Old 29th August 2014, 19:15   #576
Team-BHP Support

First service of my GT completed. Rs. 8827 charged. Details below:

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-wp_20140829_18_48_29_pro.jpg
Old 29th August 2014, 21:29   #577
BHPian

Quote:
First service of my GT completed. Rs. 8827 charged. Details below:

Attachment 1280134
Did you check the car details written in your invoice? You have GT, which is 1.6 TDI, right? But they have written it Polo 1.2 CR.
Old 29th August 2014, 21:32   #578
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did you check the car details written in your invoice? You have GT, which is 1.6 TDI, right? But they have written it Polo 1.2 CR.
Yeah that's a typo. I did notice that. Even the ICICI Lombard insurance guys messed it up with the 1.2 TDI and I had to contact their customer support to get it changed. I was sent another copy of the insurance with a different premium value. The renewed insurance mentioned it correctly though.
Old 29th August 2014, 23:03   #579
BHPian

Going in for my first service tomorrow. I have been noticing a rather strange behavior lately. At least 4-5 times in the last couple of months, the check engine light would stay turned on even after ignition. A couple of times, the light next to CEL - the shape of a coil, also stayed on after ignition because of which I lost all power from the turbo. But after running the car for a little bit, turning ignition off and then back on again, all was well. I canceled a few service appointments due to this. I am going to get this checked tomorrow as well. Hopefully, they can diagnose the problem now when the lights turn off as usual.
Old 1st September 2014, 20:41   #580
BHPian

Got my Polo Highline 1.2 Petrol serviced on 29/07/2014 at VW Guwahati for its first annual service.
Car is used sparingly only. Only 2230 kms run till date. Total bill for the first service is Rs 6646/-. Breakup is as follows:

Engine oil=2910/-(3 litres)
Oil filter=325/-
Air filter=256/-
Pollen filter=694/-
Plug=170/-
Seal ring=30/-
Sampoo=321/-
Gasket=182/-
Brake cleaner=390/-
Water paper=20/-
Labour charges=1348.32

Grand total=6646.00
Old 2nd September 2014, 10:44   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
Going in for my first service tomorrow. I have been noticing a rather strange behavior lately. At least 4-5 times in the last couple of months, the check engine light would stay turned on even after ignition. A couple of times, the light next to CEL - the shape of a coil, also stayed on after ignition because of which I lost all power from the turbo. But after running the car for a little bit, turning ignition off and then back on again, all was well. I canceled a few service appointments due to this. I am going to get this checked tomorrow as well. Hopefully, they can diagnose the problem now when the lights turn off as usual.
Since I have another 20 days to complete the year and I am at 10K currently, I ended up postponing the service for 3 more weeks. But I did get the issue highlighted in my previous post checked. VW picked up a few fault codes and replaced a cable under warranty. Details of the codes and cable attached.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-img_20140831_111846.jpg  

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-img_20140831_111911.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2014, 12:36   #582
BHPian

Went to do the 2nd annual service for my TDI. I had been having a judderring while applying brakes and it was very prominent when the brakes were hot. VW Trivandrum had on the previous month sanded the disks and brakes just to ensure that all possibilities were looked at before going for a disk replacement.

I specifically asked the SA not do do wheel rotation,balancing, no car wash, no door lock lubrication. I forgot to mention not to do AC disinfectant so had a slight verbal duel to get it off the bill. The SA view point was that I dint request so, but I was specific that only filter replacement was asked for.

VW took 2 days since they could not initially get the brake judderring and I had to prod them to get proper testing done. They finally got the issue and said that the disks would have to be replaced and skimming would not help since variation was more than 0.1mm.

Service cost came to about 8800 and disk replacement at 6000. Since the car was with them for over 2 days they did a car wash for free so overall it was a justifiable service cost.

The downside was that VW Trivandrum did not have wiper blades in stock for replacement !
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-img20140902_123111.jpg  

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-diskbill.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2014, 17:02   #583
BHPian

I have been trying to get the wiper blades replaced for a month now. And now the old wiper arms have caused couple of minor scratches to the windscreen when paint flaked off the wiper arm and landed on the windscreen while in use

It is going to be nearly a month now and VW Trivandrum doesn't have the wiper blades in stock. I followed up with them over the weekend and they said they would revert if they can source it from other dealers. Finally having seen the paint flake off the arm, I raised a complaint through the VW website today.

Got a call from the showroom later in the day saying they still do not have it in stock and will procure from Bangalore. I am at a loss of words, a basic part not being available for a month and getting my windscreen scratched as a result.
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:07   #584
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
I have been trying to get the wiper blades replaced for a month now.

It is going to be nearly a month now and VW Trivandrum doesn't have the wiper blades in stock.
Why are you contacting VW ASC for such a small thing? Measure the size of the blades and get Bosch or Hella ones. They are easily available and reliable too.

Leave the VW ASC only for major jobs and not such things as they do not understand what a customer is going through when a complaint is raised.

Anurag.
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:32   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Why are you contacting VW ASC for such a small thing? Measure the size of the blades and get Bosch or Hella ones. They are easily available and reliable too.
Anurag.
Not so easy, I checked with all major accessories shops and Bosch retailers and they are also short of the 24/16 for Polo. One guy offered me the 24 from Hella DynaEdge and 16 from Bosch ClearAdvantage. I did not want to mix the manufacturers so did not take it up.

Last edited by kutts : 22nd September 2014 at 17:33. Reason: Spelling mistake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks