Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 17:35   #346
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

More guesswork: Vento's pricing in India and Russia is identical - it's a direct conversion.

Applying this rule for Verna, Hyundai's Russian website for Verna (named Solaris there) mentions a price of 604K Rb for the top end petrol MT (should be SX(O) in India) and that would roughly correspond to about 9.1L INR and this looks like a realistic number to me. Neither of the two makers offer diesel options in Russia.

Wait for a few more hours and you'll know the price. But even a few hours of waiting looks to be a torturous affair to us humans, isn't it?
Old 10th May 2011, 17:56   #347
BHPian

I dont think Hyundai will price it higher than the ANHC...SX(O) manual petrol should be around V-MT.
Old 10th May 2011, 17:58   #348
BHPian

At what time tomorrow is the launch happening? I hope we can have screenshots of the brochure.
Old 10th May 2011, 18:06   #349

Got a sneak preview today at Blue Hyundai, Bangalore with just a day left for official launch.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-photo1.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-photo2.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-photo3.jpg  

Last edited by manson : 10th May 2011 at 18:13.
CoolOnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 18:19   #350
BHPian

Answering questions randomly

Per the sales guy in Aurangabad, Maharashtra the 1.4 Petrol base model will be around 7.5 on road and the 1.6 diesel SX (O) MT will be around 11.30 on road. I think its a costly vehicle. Anyways yes the SX variant has 4 disk brakes and the rear view camera.

Somehow I want the SX (O) for the price of SX :P, well lets see what happens tomorrow.
Old 10th May 2011, 18:33   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Answering questions randomly

Anyways yes the SX variant has 4 disk brakes and the rear view camera.

Somehow I want the SX (O) for the price of SX :P, well lets see what happens tomorrow.
Well, now it is confusing. All discs and reverse camera available in SX and SX(O). Then what is Hyundai charging 1lac plus for?
Old 10th May 2011, 18:43   #352
BHPian

Well first of all, we dont know the pricing yet. So there is no point in assuming the prices and getting all confused.

To answer the difference between SX and SX(O). The SX (O) has 6 Airbags, Push button start, Key less entry, AC has an extra button to remove the fungus and bad smell from the car, which specially comes when the car is not driven for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Well, now it is confusing. All discs and reverse camera available in SX and SX(O). Then what is Hyundai charging 1lac plus for?
Old 10th May 2011, 20:10   #353
rmk
BHPian

The salesrep from apco hyundai, calicut called me today, inviting me for the launch function. But when i asked him about the pricing, he dint have any idea. Why is that so???

Also, there's this special reason why he invited me over.. I was doing the last round bargaining for an i20 asta, and the only accessories he was offering were the floor mats and mud flaps.

I asked him out of sheer curiosity whether the verna will be launched on may 11th, and asked him about the 1.4 petrol. He dint have any clue about the new verna with a 1.4 petrol engine
(teambhp rocks!), he went inside, asked his manager, and came back. He sure was amazed to find that a normal customer knew this much about a future launch even when he didn't know anything or any bit about that. He asked me whether i was interested in the new verna...

And that's where i pulled out a little trick... Sweet Mary, that really worked.. I told him that my cousin brother will be booking the new verna this month when its launched. He was so happy hearing that bit... Asked me about my brother, where he was working, the car he is now using, bla bla... Then we discussed about my sweet deal...

I had a list of accessories that i was planning to buy from the dealer itself .
1. Hyundai original seat covers, leather and pu leather mix,
2. Headrest cushion
3. door scuffs
4. Teflons ( im planning to buy a black car, hope teflon will do some good... )
5. anti corrosion treatment. -

He went inside, talked with the accessories guy...and at last offered me all those for just Rs 2000.. Aint that a sweet deal for an i20??!!
rmk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 21:41   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Trident @ sankey road has just received/displayed the top end car and possibly at Indiranagar also. Going to have a look today
Further details:
The Model (in the basement today) is SX(O) - White.

Keyless start: Vehicle continues to run when started and key is taken away for 5-6 meters. Will check out during the test drive what happens at a greater distance.

The Panel gaps were well finished unlike the review vehicles. My personal taste would have been that there would be no opening line midway on the bonnet.

The audio seems to be just passable but must have been better for this segment.

The tilt height adjustment on the front seat was ok for me on the highest setting. i'm 5-11. The rear seat is a disappointment as there is a gap between the legs and the cushions. Best suited for short people. :( A support cushion or seat rework might be a practical necessity. The rear center is manageable only for a short hop. The car would be comfortable only as a 4 seater.

The engine noise was barely audible from the 1.6 diesel at idle.

A test drive will reveal all. All of the things of course are available from the review for information. It's no wonder that we can sometimes educate their staff.

The reverse guidance system seems to be useful with the green, amber, red warnings. Asking some one to stand at the rear at various distances, it seems to be fairly accurate and easy to use.

There seem to be around a hundred bookings for the new verna with them. Deliveries in Bangalore might start sometime after 8-10 days as there seems to be some RTO formalities to be completed by the dealers.

This car came with B250 series tyres. I have no experience with that series.

The Center arm rest was comfortable with it sliding forward/backwards to your comfort levels.

Sorry, no pictures as the review ones will be better than mine. The above are observations from 5-6 mins with the car. There were enough people wanting me to stop and come out.

Forgot to add.. No brochures or information. Nothing at all or they all must be extremely good at it.

Last edited by optimist : 10th May 2011 at 21:53.
optimist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 21:53   #355
BHPian

Just received the news that we can see the launch live at 11:45am tomorrow (11.5.2011) on www.newthinkingcomesalive.com
Old 10th May 2011, 22:44   #356
Team-BHP Support

Advaith Hyundai on ORR called me and invited me over for the launch at 11.30 am (I'd left my phone no. with them earlier) When I enquired about a TD, they said it might take 10-12 days to get a TD demo vehicle!

I was almost in the process of booking a Tjet plus
Old 10th May 2011, 22:57   #357
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Colours:
  1. sleek silver
  2. carbon grey
  3. stone beige
  4. phantom black
  5. crystal white
  6. purple fantasia
The 16 page glossy brochure is fantastic. Collect from your dealer tomorrow. Ad OT: that newly printed manza brochure is 26 pages. Loved reading it on my free time today.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-20110510-21.41.53.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 10th May 2011 at 23:04.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 23:06   #358
BHPian

Is it just me or does the tag line 'Fluidic Verna' some sort of inappropriate and inadequate for such a looker with a stonker of a motor?

Man I still cannot get over how awesome this car looks.

@incinerator: Does the Cruze have that bad interiors that it wouldn't pass muster next to the new gen..er.. Fluidic Verna?
Old 11th May 2011, 00:39   #359
BHPian

View image: new Verna prices 2011

TENTATIVE PRICES OF THE NEW VERNA IN KANPUR (U.P.) APRIL 10th 2011.
fazalmirza is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 06:40   #360
Senior - BHPian

good job Fazal - seems like decently priced for what they are offering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks