Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 19:26   #166
BANNED

re: Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold

manveetji I have regularly seen his ads in auto car India but never his website, the latest issue march has a photo of the jeep with flares some what close to what you are looking .
Drlmtukkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 11:04   #167
BHPian

This is not one of those mods on which I'd like to spend a LOT of money. Anyhow, thanks for the lead, have dropped him an email, could not find the phone no. on website and FB page.

Please give website / facebook page details. Have never heard of them - Google did not throw up anything as well.[/quote]

The attached advert is from this months autocar. The flares seems nice especially so, it merges with the Footsteps. This would mean that there would be no gap and less splattering. I had called him up. at 8K seems to be quite reasonable. of course one has to verify the build/fit/finish physically.
Attached Thumbnails
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-moni-design.jpg  

iMASKARAN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 13:39   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet
Please give website / facebook page details. Have never heard of them - Google did not throw up anything as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMASKARAN View Post
The attached advert is from this months autocar. The flares seems nice especially so, it merges with the Footsteps. This would mean that there would be no gap and less splattering. I had called him up. at 8K seems to be quite reasonable. of course one has to verify the build/fit/finish physically.
Thanks a TON dude - I was planning to go and pick up the magazine - you made it so much easier for me.

I like the fender flare design - guy says it is 6 inches in width - am not sure how much my wheels are protruding - i'd like those to be 0.5-1.0 inch more than the flare, not less.

Also, my Jeep does not have those foot-rests so I'd like it to be just till where the body is. He says those modifications can be done.

At 8k, is it worth it? Plus, I will have to drive down 40 kms to have a look. Let me think it over.

OT: His HT seems good - design is less boxy than Bimbra's. Price point is also quite comfortable at 40k. But I still prefer my PA HT
Old 3rd April 2013, 15:37   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Thanks a TON dude - I was planning to go and pick up the magazine - you made it so much easier for me.

I like the fender flare design - guy says it is 6 inches in width - am not sure how much my wheels are protruding - i'd like those to be 0.5-1.0 inch more than the flare, not less.

Also, my Jeep does not have those foot-rests so I'd like it to be just till where the body is. He says those modifications can be done.

At 8k, is it worth it? Plus, I will have to drive down 40 kms to have a look. Let me think it over.

OT: His HT seems good - design is less boxy than Bimbra's. Price point is also quite comfortable at 40k. But I still prefer my PA HT

That 40 km drive is what is bugging me as we'll. in the pics that you posted it looks that your tyres are protruding. I have the same problem. Once I ran in rain with a cardboard extension strip on one of my fenders, that side was most less affected by the mud.

I am just racking my brains, I think I have seen this fender fixed on a vehicle at PerfAuto. It is different from their fenders, and my questions on the details were left unanswered.

Somehow, tough the Bimbra's hardtop is boxy, but I had got it fixed in peak rains last year in Delhi, but I had no issues of water leakage
I had over and above done an insulation/upholstery on the roof, and with the ac on at 2, the CD player at vol bar of 18, the outside world becomes a Silent Movie.

Boss, I think we need to meet up and exchange a couple of notes. PM me if possible.
Old 3rd April 2013, 17:35   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMASKARAN View Post
That 40 km drive is what is bugging me as we'll. in the pics that you posted it looks that your tyres are protruding. I have the same problem. Once I ran in rain with a cardboard extension strip on one of my fenders, that side was most less affected by the mud.

I am just racking my brains, I think I have seen this fender fixed on a vehicle at PerfAuto. It is different from their fenders, and my questions on the details were left unanswered.

Somehow, tough the Bimbra's hardtop is boxy, but I had got it fixed in peak rains last year in Delhi, but I had no issues of water leakage
I had over and above done an insulation/upholstery on the roof, and with the ac on at 2, the CD player at vol bar of 18, the outside world becomes a Silent Movie.

Boss, I think we need to meet up and exchange a couple of notes. PM me if possible.
The water leaking issues of PA HT have been resolved. However, there is still some moisture leaking into the rear comprtment. But I agree on the quality of Bimbra HT - give it 5 stars hands-down.

Suggest you drop in for a OTR session in Gurgaon with NIOC. Went for my first OTR last weekend - have never seen so many Jeeps together at one time. Here is a picture of some of the Thars that were present..
Attached Thumbnails
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-529963_10151628542333273_222650243_n.jpg  

Old 4th April 2013, 14:01   #171
Senior - BHPian

I want to sell my second row seats (originally Innova Third row) including brackets, etc. and go in for the regular small second row Jeep seats. Current seats have black leatherite, and also all plastic parts have been painted dark grey to match OEM interior color of the Thar.

Three main reasons for selling these ..

1. I see myself taking adult passengers along for OTR's and these Innova seats (with high seating position) are not convenient for that purpose, although they are very comfortable in city or highway conditions but I don't use my Jeep on the highways.

2. Originally, I had envisioned passengers to climb in from the rear and the foldability of these seats meant that was possible. But now I see that all my passengers are basically either kids or physically fit who prefer to climb in from the front - so the Jeep bench would also serve the purpose.

2. They had advantage of being folded to the side so that I can take my dog for drives. But my dog refuses to climb into the back of the Jeep - the height is too much. So basically I now don't need to fold the seats.

Please PM me in case anyone is interested in purchasing these seats.

Last edited by manveet : 4th April 2013 at 14:07.
Old 4th April 2013, 16:46   #172
BANNED

Quote:
I want to sell my second row seats (originally Innova Third row) including brackets, etc. and go in for the regular small second row Jeep seats. Current seats have black leatherite, and also all plastic parts have been painted dark grey to match OEM interior color of the Thar.

Three main reasons for selling these ..

1. I see myself taking adult passengers along for OTR's and these Innova seats (with high seating position) are not convenient for that purpose, although they are very comfortable in city or highway conditions but I don't use my Jeep on the highways.

2. Originally, I had envisioned passengers to climb in from the rear and the foldability of these seats meant that was possible. But now I see that all my passengers are basically either kids or physically fit who prefer to climb in from the front - so the Jeep bench would also serve the purpose.

2. They had advantage of being folded to the side so that I can take my dog for drives. But my dog refuses to climb into the back of the Jeep - the height is too much. So basically I now don't need to fold the seats.

Manveet,

I am planning to use Scorpios last row front facing seats , which sits on wheel well . Use the same bracket and fit on Thar inner fenders, reduce the Scorpio seat length.Its a double fold one and can be removed by hand when not in use as in OE scorpio. I have already procured the 4 brackets, now searching the seats..Will be perfect for any CL,MM or THAR . Try keep cushion height parallel to the fender and fit as much as back possible, so one will get more leg and head room.

regards,
Rajith
Old 6th April 2013, 17:26   #173
Senior - BHPian

Couple of to do's on the list based from last weeks (and my first) OTR
  1. I need to refix the rear bumperettes or might end up damaging the exhaust pipe that protrudes from the rear left extremity
  2. Fender flare is mandatory as well. The no fender look may look good in an underground mall parking, but in an OTR - too much dirt in the cabin
  3. The Innova seats will have to go in case I want a third passenger along for an OTR. The seats are good for in city conditions - but for OTR's - I would need the lower seating position of a typical Jeep rear seat that fits between the tire wells.
  4. I need a new front bumper. The stock one doesn't look like it could withstand a soft beating.

That's all I can think of right now. Excited about my second OTR tomorrow. This time I will be taking my camera along

Last edited by manveet : 6th April 2013 at 17:27.
Old 8th April 2013, 12:59   #174
Senior - BHPian

A few pics from OTR's of past two weekends (last 2 pictures have not been taken by me) .. hope you like them ..

Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0036_7_fused-copy.jpg
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0077_8_9_tonemapped.jpg
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0026-copy-copy.jpg
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-579606_611700218858272_1832753085_n-copy.jpg
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-64447_611233408904953_919258685_n-copy.jpg
manveet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 14:15   #175
BHPian

Quote:
A few pics from OTR's of past two weekends (last 2 pictures have not been taken by me) .. hope you like them ..
Manveet,
I think, saw your THAR near modi fly over near kalkaji on sunday noon. The jeep looks really good, one question about the type of glasses used in the hard Top .
Sri

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th April 2013 at 17:20. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 9th April 2013, 16:43   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svpatra View Post
Manveet,
I think, saw your THAR near modi fly over near kalkaji on sunday noon. The jeep looks really good, one question about the type of glasses used in the hard Top .
Sri
Sunday afternoon I was returning from the OTR at Gurgaon and closest you could have seen me was at Savitri flyover after which I took a left just before the Nehru Place flyover. Modi flyover is 2-3 kms after that. This was at about 1145 or so.

Glass used in Hardtop is sourced from some Tata vehicle. Hope that answers your question.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th April 2013 at 17:20. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 9th April 2013, 17:05   #177
AVR
BHPian

Quite sure this is one of the best-looking Thars on Tbhp. I love the second pic as that angle captures the Thar best with the hard-top. I think the Thar is itching for bigger shoes but I guess these will suffice for now.

Enjoy!
Cheers,
Ad
Old 16th April 2013, 17:26   #178
BHPian

Quote:
I want to sell my second row seats (originally Innova Third row) including brackets, etc.
================

Hi Manveet,

I am interested in buying the Second Row seats of your Thar.
Somehow, I am not able to PM you.
Kindly PM me the asking price.
Old 17th April 2013, 15:09   #179
BHPian

Just saw the Jeep outside Citywalk, looked around to see if you anyone was around, could not find anyone.

It looks really really good in the flesh. You do need bigger tyres after the lift and the fender flares. It will be a 10/10 after that!
Old 17th April 2013, 15:30   #180
Senior - BHPian

Manveet it was good to meet you and your better half in the OTR a couple of weeks back. It's only now that I'm realizing that you are the same Manveet as from this thread. Have been following this thread since the start. Cheers...

And yes, Dig those Angel eyes of yours!

Last edited by roy_libran : 17th April 2013 at 15:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks