Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2013, 12:03   #436
BHPian

re: Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
I know someone who had put Accord seats in a City, but when I saw them the electrical connections were still pending. Not sure if he managed it or not. Also, more recently, Raj Kapoor (of Performance Auto) is using XUV500 seats in his Thar, not sure if XUV comes with electrically operated seats though.

But seriously, Lol. Your Jeep is not a BMW. And your BMW is not a Jeep. Enjoy the Jeep for what it is keeping electronic gizmos to the minimum.

That aside, I kind-of like the frequency you are on. Eagerly awaiting your Thar thread.
Well I was just wondering. Was planning on changing out the seats in the Montero, so thought I could move those over to the Thar. Never hurts to plan ahead .

I was planning on taking possession last week, but there were some issues with documents being signed. Now the Thar won't be registered til Wed. I'm in Delhi from Thursday so I'm probably going to leave it with the dealer to install all the accessories and then collect it when I get back next week. I've written up most of my pre-registration experience, now just need to drive it some !!
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 13:39   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Well I was just wondering. Was planning on changing out the seats in the Montero, so thought I could move those over to the Thar. Never hurts to plan ahead .
In case you install the centre console, anything more than 1 inch wider than Innova seats will not fit. Without centre console there is a lot more room to play with.
manveet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 15:24   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
In case you install the centre console, anything more than 1 inch wider than Innova seats will not fit. Without centre console there is a lot more room to play with.
I am installing the center console so thats good to know. It also means the Montero seats won't fit. One of the other options I considered were Recaro seats, but after sitting in them in the Thar I did not like the feeling at all. Maybe it was height of the vehicle or just a different driving style, sports seats seemed a bit too much. As you mentioned the Innova seats will probably be the best option.

On a side note, do you have an ownership thread for your ML 350? It's one of the cars we are thinking about for next year and there is a serious dearth of owner reviews.
Old 18th November 2013, 18:10   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
On a side note, do you have an ownership thread for your ML 350? It's one of the cars we are thinking about for next year and there is a serious dearth of owner reviews.
Interesting question. Happy reading

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ements-up.html

There is another ownership thread on this forum by a gentleman with an ML of the same batch. Not too happy about it either.

But since we are OT anyways, IMHO I don't like the looks of the new ML's. Too pansy I feel.
Old 12th December 2013, 17:55   #440
BHPian

Hi, I am new to Team-Bhp and have also recently bought a new Mahindra thar. I got the tires changed as soon as I got it out of the showroom and then sent it for modifications. I am happy with my vehicle and very very fond of it. Posting a picture of it, please give me recommendations on what more I can get done on it except a hard-top.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-my-thar.jpg  

Abhimanyu88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 19:07   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhimanyu88 View Post
Hi, I am new to Team-Bhp and have also recently bought a new Mahindra thar. I got the tires changed as soon as I got it out of the showroom and then sent it for modifications. I am happy with my vehicle and very very fond of it. Posting a picture of it, please give me recommendations on what more I can get done on it except a hard-top.

Thank you
Well for one, there are so many ideas and enough food for thought available on the various Thar threads. In addition to Manveet's, there's amolpol, sjcherian, thar4x4 etc, mine also included. Thar is like a rough cut diamond in which there's lots of scope for polish. Some say its like buying just a suit piece, so the stitching still needs to be done. The limit is just your imagination and budget.
After reading all the Thar threads may be you can be more specific regarding what mods are you lokking for.
Old 12th December 2013, 19:16   #442
BHPian

Hi Samwagon,

Thanks for your reply, i have just been spending time reading the thar threads and will definitely jot down what i have in mind and post again. Thanks for your advice, im sure ill have a clearer picture after all the reading is done.
Old 12th December 2013, 21:27   #443
BHPian

Looks lovely! I think Rocky Beige is the best color in this vehicle... are these the stock tyres or the new ones? 32-inchers look awesome on this jeep.
Old 12th December 2013, 21:47   #444
BHPian

Hi Vivek,

Thanks, i got new 16 inch chrome rims with Cooper Discoverer H/T 255 tyres. The tyres have completely changed the look of the car. It looks 10000 times better than the stock.
Old 14th December 2013, 18:25   #445
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Abhimanyu88 on the purchase. And more importantly, welcome to TBHP. !! Offtopic, but is that an ML behind your Thar?

And my apologies to everyone for not updating this thread. Infact, due to some personal reasons my Thar has not been used at all in the last 2 months or so. Expect some Mods coming January.
Old 14th December 2013, 18:36   #446
BHPian

Hi Manveet,

Thanks. Yaa thats the ML 250, got it in March, itsan amazing machine, much much better than the older version. Worth every penny
Old 14th December 2013, 18:57   #447
BHPian

Hi Manveet,

What hard top have you put on your thar, the one available at Bimbra makes the car look very boxy, where as the hard top you've put looks exactly like the soft top.
Old 21st December 2013, 12:47   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhimanyu88 View Post
Hi Manveet,

What hard top have you put on your thar, the one available at Bimbra makes the car look very boxy, where as the hard top you've put looks exactly like the soft top.
Here you go, from page 4 of this thread. Cheers!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post2990098
Old 23rd December 2013, 12:22   #449
BHPian

Thanks Manveet sir, went through the thread and found out, been calling performance auto on 0120-4240000 and 0120-4240400 but no one answers, is there any other way to get in touch with them??? Thanks again
Old 23rd December 2013, 12:43   #450
Senior - BHPian

Go for the Pune one it is better than the others or Mahindra's own if you dont want opening panels.

Bimbras hard top is very crude and a poor fit.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks