Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2011, 13:04   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?

auction in pune at 25-02-2011

6~7 mm 550xd's & 6 Gypsys.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Auction Details 25 2 11.docx (33.1 KB, 1777 views)
Old 19th February 2011, 19:52   #347
Senior - BHPian

There was huge auction for Health Department Vehicles MM540's, Marshals, canters and Mazdas near my place ( hardly 2 kms away), unfortunately came to know about it few days back.40-50 vehicles were disposed off, mostly MM's.
Old 8th March 2011, 15:01   #348
BHPian

There is an action which is being conducted by Eastern Naval Command and there are couple of Gypsy(pretty good condition) checked with a higher person the price expected by them is on higher side.

there is one Good Bullet..

Please find the report in the below link.

Auction Catalog Report

i am not an registered member on MSTSC. can some one guide how to get ourself registered for it.
Old 17th March 2011, 16:12   #349
BHPian

MM550 XD's being auctioned at Central Armoured Fighting Vehicle Depot, Khadki, Pune. Auction details in the attached pics.
Auction Date : 22nd March 2011

Newbie Question : is there a non-4x4 MM550 XD as well? I ask this cause there's some listings with 4x4 and some without. Sorry if i sound like !!

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-cafvd_detail.jpg

Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?-mm550_xd_4x4.jpg
Old 17th March 2011, 21:16   #350
Senior - BHPian

no, all army jeeps are 4x4.

sometimes they just forget it to mention, that's all.
Old 18th March 2011, 10:08   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
no, all army jeeps are 4x4.

sometimes they just forget it to mention, that's all.

oh ok! then there's more 550's on offer than what i posted (those without the 4x4 in the listing)

Anyone from Mumbai planning to bid during Tuesday's auction or go inspect the vehicles over the weekend?? let me know!! I'd want to join!
no_enthu_da is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2011, 07:16   #352
BHPian

Is anyone looking to partner up for Armed Forces Auction?. I am interested in picking up a MPFI Gypsy, looks like all MPFI action is taking place either in Rajasthan or Assam. Please drop me a note, if you are looking for partners.

Deep
Old 5th April 2011, 07:33   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
You can't directly bid in the auction because the army usually sells off these things in a lot and one lot may have quite a few vehicles. It is not viable for an individual to bid for an entire lot of MM550s !! This trade is virtually monopolised by a particular community called Jaiswals and they operate in a cartel with internal understandings.
It's better to contact them. Buy either direct from a successful bidder or from the kataiwallahs (scrap traders) who are located in Panagarh itself. If you physically just go to Panagarh you can see heaps and heaps of such vehicles that are waiting to be chopped off.
I just saw them on the roadside during my recent trip to Varanasi.
All said and done - I am not too sure if it is good to buy an army used vehicle. Typically they have nothing left in them when they are sold. So unless you know the subject extremely well you might end up making some very expensive mistakes. Monetary expense is not the issue. I dislike emotional expenses more.
Regarding latest pollution norms etc - if the vehicle is not registered in a metropolitan city and if it is registered as a private vehicle it is fine. You will need a proof of residence somewhere outside metropolitan Calcutta (for example Barasat) to get the vehicle registered there.
Sudipto.

I am basically from Durgapur and had in past bought Army Auctioned vehicles from Panagarh (including a bunch of Bullets ). I did have trouble registering them but it worked out in the end. But my experience so far has been good, provided you know a good machine shop and know your stuff. On my recent visit to India and Panagarh, I came across a huge lot of 'good for Army auction' category vehicles. The main guy in Panagarh when you are looking for Jeep's and Gypsy's is Deepak Bhalla. His son was around when I visited in November and was quoting 1.6 Lacs for a running MPFI, 1.4 Lacs for a dead one. XDP's were around 80K. The vehicles parked did not interest me, as all were carb, and my quest for Baleno engines is yet to bear fruit. He did have a good body line, running Petrol Jeep of 83/84 make and quoted 80K for it. I do have the contact number, and can provide on request. I was primarily looking to source spares for my Landy project. Not much luck there, I am having the entire requirement sourced from UK, and currently running around custom agents :( .

By the Way, has anyone tried to source Baleno engines from Pakistan?, My Google search always points to Lahore as source.

Cheers
Deep
Old 25th April 2011, 22:51   #354
Senior - BHPian

new army auction on [SIZE=2]27-04-2011[/SIZE] in pune.
lots of jeeps & gypsys.

here are the details.
Attached Files
File Type: xls LotDetails_11-12_581_37240.xls (73.5 KB, 922 views)
File Type: xls LotDetails_11-12_582_37241.xls (73.5 KB, 557 views)
jeepster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 19:12   #355
BHPian

@jeepster

Going through the lot details looks like there quite a number of MM-550s' and Gypsys'. Any clue of any team-bhp member participating in tomorrows auction ? I'm interested in a few lots.

Chengappa.
Old 28th April 2011, 19:34   #356
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK no tbhpian is participating.

if you want to buy the lots then best way to do it is by registering on MSTCI.

you will be able to buy the jeeps/gypsys in various sites across india.

Last edited by jeepster : 28th April 2011 at 19:47.
Old 9th May 2011, 10:28   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
NOTE from MOD: This thread has been created from posts across various threads that discussed all about how/what etc info for army auctions.

Please have all aspects of army auctions discussions here. This will help keeping all info at one place
----------------

These auctions are held on behalf of the Army Vehicles depot by the Metals and Scrap Trading corporation of India. They have a offices in all the major cities where you can get the auction details. Before you bid, you need to register with them giving originals of your PAN card, Income tax returns, etc, etc which will be returned after the registration.

The bigger problem is finding a good lot of jeeps. A lot will contain jeeps as well as some light and heavy commercial vehicles like Saktiman 4x4 trucks, etc and accident damaged vehicles. So it's pointless to bid for these lots as you will be stuck with a bunch of 7 year old Saktiman trucks and some accident vehicles. Basically you have to be lucky enough to find a lot of only jeeps or atleast jeeps and gypsies that are not accident damaged so you can sell the ones you don't want. Don't worry about accident damaged as the description in the auction details clearly states if the vehicles are accident damaged so you can avoid that lot.

Once you win the bid you have to pay the full bid price and take delivery of the auction in about 30 days.
Apart from this, you could also look out for a serving/retired army personnel. They also do have an option to pick an auction vehicle directly. I'm not sure how tedious the task/paper work would be.
Old 9th May 2011, 10:33   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedeep View Post
Sudipto.
The main guy in Panagarh when you are looking for Jeep's and Gypsy's is Deepak Bhalla. His son was around when I visited in November and was quoting 1.6 Lacs for a running MPFI, 1.4 Lacs for a dead one. XDP's were around 80K. The vehicles parked did not interest me, as all were carb, and my quest for Baleno engines is yet to bear fruit. He did have a good body line, running Petrol Jeep of 83/84 make and quoted 80K for it. I do have the contact number, and can provide on request.
Deep- Could you please pass on MR Bhalla's number? There are quite a lot of Jeep enthusiasts looking out for Kings and XDP's
Old 11th May 2011, 13:08   #359
BHPian

@Jeepster

Is the auction over.

I am interested in the lot and willing to pick up the below vehicle. Please can u give me further details or guilde me.

LOT No 078/KVD/Veh Car 250Kg Jeep Willy CJ

Last edited by beetle_boy : 11th May 2011 at 13:09. Reason: Not proper
Old 11th May 2011, 19:01   #360
Senior - BHPian

@ beetle_boy

i have not participated in the auction.
so i dont have any information.

already sent you a PM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks