Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2012, 23:55   #466
BHPian

Re: Jeeps/Gypsy's: All through Army Auctions: What, When, Where, How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Hi Jerry Can,

Thanks for the help you are doing in this thread, it is indeed a insight we at least I never knew about army jeeps great job! . I am looking for a stock MM550, is it possible or if you can help me source one for me.
Hey, I'll surely help you source one. But give me some time, I am preoccupied with a Marriage in the Family. Will be back to Business from the 2nd week of March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
You definitely are a Bhpian, wait for another 3 more posts then u'r Tbhpian

BTW I am seriously interested in the Jonga, Please let me know what will expected cost that would occur!!!

Thanks alot for the help
The price when i Last saw was around 1.5L for the lot of 2 vehicles. It would have increased to a much higher bid before the Close of the Auction. My guess is around 4L per vehicle after restoration and Registration.+/- 25K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrasquinha View Post
I saw LY 5/7.5 TON 4X4 ALS for auction on MSTC, not sure what vehicle this is?
Sorry for the ignorance
AFAIK LY is for Lorry. ALS stands for Ashok Leyland Stallion, a 4 x 4 truck mainly used as Troop carrrier and also as a recovery Vehicle
Jerrycan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 05:44   #467
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jerrycan, I have mailed you my requirements can you help me on that. I am now confident I should be getting my 550 soon. Thanks for the help and reply.
Old 27th February 2012, 09:16   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Thanks Jerrycan, I have mailed you my requirements can you help me on that. I am now confident I should be getting my 550 soon. Thanks for the help and reply.
You can get a vehicle with a good body line, But the Condition of the engine, I am not sure. I will make some arrangement for you to Inspect the vehicles before the next Auction. Inspect the vehicle, we will decide on the lot and the Bidding Price.
Jerrycan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 11:02   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrycan View Post
The price when i Last saw was around 1.5L for the lot of 2 vehicles. It would have increased to a much higher bid before the Close of the Auction. My guess is around 4L per vehicle after restoration and Registration.+/- 25K
Mate - thanks for the info, I am kind of looking at the un-restored vehicle, which I heard would be available at a price of 60 k, i.e out of the auction the petrol version.
Old 27th February 2012, 14:24   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Mate - thanks for the info, I am kind of looking at the un-restored vehicle, which I heard would be available at a price of 60 k, i.e out of the auction the petrol version.
Last time when i Bid for Jonga, the prices where around 1.45L + statutory Levies. I stopped bidding at 1.25L.This is the Auction price for an 1985 Petrol Army Jonga. The Body was in a fairly good shape. No parts Missing. Taxes are another 15% over the Bid, miscellaneous expenses around 8-10K depending on the Depot, and then transportation charges will be around10K to coimbatore, registration charges around 25K.This is the landing price for an unrestored vehicle.

Next time when there is one on Auction, i will send you the bid Details.
Old 27th February 2012, 21:09   #471
BHPian

Congratulations Jerrycan, you too are a Bhpian now.

I am still hunting for that elusive MPFI: any updates on the Gypsy auctions?

I may have found an MSTC registered member here in my home state. Hopefully by this weekend I will know for sure. Also, will you be able to tell what the average price of an auction MPFI is?
Old 27th February 2012, 21:47   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHyde View Post
Congratulations Jerrycan, you too are a Bhpian now.

I am still hunting for that elusive MPFI: any updates on the Gypsy auctions?

I may have found an MSTC registered member here in my home state. Hopefully by this weekend I will know for sure. Also, will you be able to tell what the average price of an auction MPFI is?
Hey Thanks,
Check this Auction Catalogue, http://www.mstcindia.co.in/TenderEnt...m_Details.aspx, Lot No 1368 has 2 MPFI Gypsies. If you can make up your mind, we'll bid. The average price is around 1.25L +levies

Last edited by Jerrycan : 27th February 2012 at 21:48. Reason: Forgot to insert a Link
Old 28th February 2012, 01:19   #473
BHPian

Jerrycan, the link is not working, could you please re-post or edit the existing link?
Old 28th February 2012, 10:01   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrycan View Post
Last time when i Bid for Jonga, the prices where around 1.45L + statutory Levies. I stopped bidding at 1.25L.This is the Auction price for an 1985 Petrol Army Jonga. The Body was in a fairly good shape. No parts Missing. Taxes are another 15% over the Bid, miscellaneous expenses around 8-10K depending on the Depot, and then transportation charges will be around10K to coimbatore, registration charges around 25K.This is the landing price for an unrestored vehicle.

Next time when there is one on Auction, i will send you the bid Details.
Jerrycan how do I get the math right? If I understand it right this Jonga One vehicle would have cost you nearly 1.80 + Levies?

I was in Chennai the last few months, so I had a chance of speaking to few dealers there and from them I understood that Jongas would be available at 60 - 80/- max per petrol and Civilian diesel would cost around 1.8 lakhs.

Please do let me know when there is a auction, I will see if I can pitch in, Thanks mate.
Twinn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 23:30   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Jerrycan, the link is not working, could you please re-post or edit the existing link?
Check this Attachment Auction Catalog Report.pdf

Quote:
Jerrycan how do I get the math right? If I understand it right this Jonga One vehicle would have cost you nearly 1.80 + Levies?

I was in Chennai the last few months, so I had a chance of speaking to few dealers there and from them I understood that Jongas would be available at 60 - 80/- max per petrol and Civilian diesel would cost around 1.8 lakhs.

Please do let me know when there is a auction, I will see if I can pitch in, Thanks mate.
The Jonga would have cost me1.8 L + Registration charges, had i continued to bid.
There are some dealers who seem to know many other channels for picking up Army Vehicles, other than thru MSTC Auctions. But once the vehicle is listed on an Auction, The price depends on the kind of Bidders and how desperate they are for the Particular Vehicle.
Old 4th March 2012, 18:24   #476
BHPian

Any updates on MPFI Jerrycan? Please keep us posted on MPFI.
Old 10th March 2012, 14:13   #477

I too am interested in buying an MPFI gypsy. count me in.
Old 12th March 2012, 01:03   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Any updates on MPFI Jerrycan? Please keep us posted on MPFI.
Please check this attachment. There are 2 MPFI GYPSIES in one lot. If The Two of you can pool in, we may bid for this Gypsy
mpfi.pdf

For those looking for an NGCS 550 check this Attachment
ngcs.pdf

Regards
Jerrycan

Last edited by Jerrycan : 12th March 2012 at 01:05. Reason: Forgot the Attachment
Old 12th March 2012, 02:06   #479
BHPian

@ jerrycan none of the attachments are opening , please check and repost . Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 08:03   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
@ jerrycan none of the attachments are opening , please check and repost . Thanks
Hey Fortuner71,
Both the attachments are in PDF format and are opening fine. please check again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks