Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 21:33   #151
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care, HSR Layout, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
The anti-rust coating acts like a sealant. The material is a like a rubber coating which covers the under-body and almost covers all the gaps from the bottom(atleast to some extent). This behaves like a NVH item. Because of this there will be reduction in the outside noise entering the cabin.
At the time when I did the under chassis coating, there were 2 products offered. One with 3 yr warranty which has very less or no sound deadening property. The other product had 5 year warranty (basically different chemical composition) and had sound deadening property.

I chose the one with 3 yr warranty and there is no significant difference in the NVH.
Old 7th June 2011, 21:33   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind splitter View Post
@nkrishnap, I suppose you got wind shield tinted, am I right? how is the cooling, any notable difference? how is the driving at night?
Yes the front windshield got the CR70 sunfilm. The glare from the headlights seemed a bit less. The affect on the cooling is still not evident as the weather in Bangalore has turned quite pleasant. Will update on the same when it actually affects the cooling.
Old 8th June 2011, 00:48   #153
Senior - BHPian

Do they do it on relatively older cars? say 2 yrs older cars and really really old vehicles - say a 45 year old Jeep?
Old 8th June 2011, 08:55   #154
BHPian

Hi All,
Got the anti-rust coating done from 3M car care yesterday. I have posted the pics and other details, under my ownership report.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...scorpio-5.html
aviorp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 12:55   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Yes the front windshield got the CR70 sunfilm. The glare from the headlights seemed a bit less. The affect on the cooling is still not evident as the weather in Bangalore has turned quite pleasant. Will update on the same when it actually affects the cooling.
How much did you pay for it ?
Old 8th June 2011, 13:07   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

@rk_sans: it costs 7.5K for Punto. Not sure for other cars.
Old 8th June 2011, 21:10   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Wind shield tinting cost is same for all the cars in 3M unlike vkool where in price varies depending on car (wind shield size).
Old 8th June 2011, 22:23   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Do they do it on relatively older cars? say 2 yrs older cars and really really old vehicles - say a 45 year old Jeep?
If you are asking about underchassis coating, then Yes. They can do it on any car.
Old 18th June 2011, 05:49   #159
BHPian

Quote:
nkrishnap, is this just for the front windshield for punto (CR70) or did you had sides too done along with it.

7.5k for CR70 seems to be too much, where as I see that members from Chennai and Hyd are getting it done for 5.5k.

Can you please confirm on the same.
Old 18th June 2011, 08:31   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
7.5k for CR70 seems to be too much, where as I see that members from Chennai and Hyd are getting it done for 5.5k.
Its not possible to get CR70 (for front windshield) for 5.5k. It costs 6.5k and I paid the same when I got it done for my car 3 months back.
Old 18th June 2011, 22:58   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
nkrishnap, is this just for the front windshield for punto (CR70) or did you had sides too done along with it.

Can you please confirm on the same.
The 7.5K is just for the front windshield. I guess if the rates are different bcoz of the different sizes of the windshields of various cars.
Old 19th June 2011, 18:47   #162
BHPian

Just back from 3M car care, after having a Power wash done on my 1 month old i20. They did a really good job, it costed me 895/- including foam wash, waxing, engine detailing, interior dry vacuum cleaning and interior detailing.

The job was carried out very neatly, without any leftovers. Good value for money (at least for me), as the car was too dirty after returning from a 3 day trip to coorg, in the monsoon showers. Now the car is looking as if it was just delivered from the showroom.

Also got the under body coated (got it done 2 weeks ago, at the same place) checked up for any peel off's / scratches , but there were none.
rishie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2011, 20:10   #163
BHPian

Quote:
The 7.5K is just for the front windshield. I guess if the rates are different bcoz of the different sizes of the windshields of various cars.
When I got CR70 on my i10 from a distributor in Bangalore, they told they charge same for all cars, because the film comes in one size. This was 2 years back; may be 3M has introduced new sizes now, which makes sense considering different sizes of windshields (compare a Scorpio and a Civic, for e.g.) The price too seems to have increased. I paid 6.5k then and heard some of the shops were giving for 5.5k at that time.
Old 24th June 2011, 21:07   #164
BHPian

Ok I have read enough, time for action!

My Santro needs a cleaning badly, both inside and outside. I can’t explain how badly and you would not want to know. That’s going to be my first BIG try at this 3M place tomorrow.

I am afraid of one thing though, a few months back, I had got a pressure wash done from a local service center and the guy there had sprayed pressurized water all over the engine compartment had damaged the LPG Injectors Emulator, the engine was misfiring and Hyundai Service Center guys goofed up further and I had to shell out 1k to get it all fixed. I hope these guys take better care when they clean the engine compartment…

I have been roasting inside the car without sun film for the last 6 months thanks to RTO Inspector at KA03 who made me remove the Llumar sun film stating terrorist threat when I went in for endorsing my LPG retro fitment. Sun film will be a later project may be after a month, as I need to go back to RTO this month for transfer of the car to my name from company lease.

When the sun film was removed it left the glue behind on the windows and I had to live with sticky windows for a couple of days and various trials of cleaning it, water, hot water, paint thinner all did not work, brute force worked but left really bad & deep scratches. Finally CIF was tried, it worked and had the glue removed.

A future project three for Santro is underbody coating as I plan to keep this 3 year old Santro for few a more years.

As I booked my Scorpio today and decided not to take any additional detailing work from the dealer except the regular basics like foot mat…, of course after reading a lot on the forum and decided to go with some professional place like this – so tomorrow has another agenda - checking this place out!
Old 1st July 2011, 11:32   #165
BHPian

I went to HSR Layout 3M on last saturday, not sure if it was a busy day or its just that they now have too much business now, I was not impressed with the responce I got, no one was available to explain what is available and the cost. And when I finally did get someone to talk after I called Siddu looking up the phone number on the forum, the person was only interested in selling me whatever costed most!

Now to the contrast, I visited the 3M place in Sanjay Nagar, the response was very good, they were almost closing but the Mahender the representative there stayed back to expalin and even asked few of the staff to stay to show a demo. (may be its just that they are new), I hope they continue the service. I left with out the demo as it was quite late.

When I reached there next day, I was first given a demo of two different external & internal process...

As I am travelling to Kerla this week end and the car was very dirty, just got the foam wash done, will go back for more once back.

I was quite impressed with their facility the equipment they use, however work quality was just 'good' not 'impressive'.

This was the state of my car:
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-1.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-2.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-4.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-5.jpg

Here 3M folks in action:
Name:  6.jpg
Views: 4292
Size:  120.5 KB
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-7.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-8.jpg

That is what they use to clean the underbody!
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-9.jpg

This is what was left on the floor
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-10.jpg

Their Facility:
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-11.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-12.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-13.jpg
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-14.jpg

Finally a clean car after a very long time:
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-15.jpg

Last edited by ajitkumarlb : 1st July 2011 at 11:51. Reason: Images reordered

Most Viewed