Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 12:38   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
I had a new clear visor for my LS2 helmet .Wanted to install a sunfilm to that .Visited 3M if they can install it .But they bluntly said they cannot do anything apart from cars .
Well it could have taken hardly 30 minutes for them do that or least thing they could have done is at least tried it . Well I wanted to take my car to them ,I have to look some where else now.The attitude was totally negative . Well bikers are always treated like this .If I had pulled on with a BMW ,their approach would have been totally different.
Its not the negative attitude of the Center. If the center is not supposed to offer anything for the two wheelers, then how can one expect any service for two wheelers or helmets. Its not the question of coming in a BMW or whatever. Its their business policy of 3M not to offer anything for the two wheelers, so one needs to understand that.

Even I had requested if the CR 70 can be put of the LS2 Visor, however, it was politely declined as its not their business. Completely respect and moved on.

No offsense mate, just thought you went a bit overboard.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 18th April 2012 at 12:43.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 12:45   #272
Team-BHP Support

How would they even charge it. Its like going to a ready made shop and asking for a pant piece. Best to use a smaller installer who would gladly use some of the wasted bits and paste it for you and charge you also.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 14:01   #273
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha relax guys I am not complaining they did not do it .But they atleast did not try it . Everyone does normal business ,but doing something more or value add is what makes them stand out from rest of them . The attitude ,can do ,why not ,lets try was lacking .

There are many instances I have seen or read where bullets are being washed or serviced in honda or bajaj service stations . Or toyota car being taken care in maruti showroom .This is beyond what they were supposed to do .we have had several instances like this on the forum itself.

I even told them ,I was even ok with the visor being damaged in process . But no ! .My mistake going to them .

Last edited by black12rr : 18th April 2012 at 14:04.
Old 18th April 2012, 14:23   #274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ha ha relax guys I am not complaining they did not do it .But they atleast did not try it . Everyone does normal business ,but doing something more or value add is what makes them stand out from rest of them . The attitude ,can do ,why not ,lets try was lacking .
I even told them ,I was even ok with the visor being damaged in process . But no ! .My mistake going to them .
Was this the HSR layout shop itself?

I agree maybe they could have tried with some left over film from some other car and charge nominal fitting charges or FoC since it's not really beneficial.

But I'm pretty sure this does not warrant a negative review of them.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 18th April 2012 at 14:25.
Old 18th April 2012, 14:23   #275
BHPian

Quote:
I had a new clear visor for my LS2 helmet .Wanted to install a sunfilm to that .Visited 3M if they can install it .But they bluntly said they cannot do anything apart from cars .
Well it could have taken hardly 30 minutes for them do that or least thing they could have done is at least tried it . Well I wanted to take my car to them ,I have to look some where else now.The attitude was totally negative . Well bikers are always treated like this .If I had pulled on with a BMW ,their approach would have been totally different.
They are a professional car detailing shop. Sticking sun films to Helmet visors is not part of their product catalog, reviewing them negatively against something they refused to do/sell simply because it's not as per their policy is not right IMO.

Consider this, if a building contractor approaches them for sun film installation, they will bluntly refuse too, simply because it's not part of their offering, whether they come in a Mercedes or a Hero Atlas cycle, the customer experience provided is the same!

No Offense meant, you should really understand the boundaries within which these franchisees operate. If they agreed to do your sun visor and 3M came to know of it, am sure they would've been pulled up!

Last edited by raamki : 18th April 2012 at 14:33. Reason: Typo
raamki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 15:02   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Was this the HSR layout shop itself?

I agree maybe they could have tried with some left over film from some other car and charge nominal fitting charges or FoC since it's not really beneficial.

But I'm pretty sure this does not warrant a negative review of them.
You are putting words in my mouth .This was feedback ,not a review .I expected as you mentioned ,they would have left overs or cut pieces which I can use .I even asked ,if they can give it to me ( i can pay ) ,I can get it done from outside .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
How would they even charge it
How much do you think 12 " X 6" film cost,that too a waste/leftovers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I
No offsense mate, just thought you went a bit overboard.
Level of exceptions need not be same .

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
No Offense meant, you should really understand the boundaries within which these franchisees operate. If they agreed to do your sun visor and 3M came to know of it, am sure they would've been pulled up!
Please read my earlier comment .Yes 3M would have canceled their outlet .Over and out .

Last edited by black12rr : 18th April 2012 at 15:16.
Old 18th April 2012, 15:24   #277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You are putting words in my mouth .This was feedback ,not a review .I expected as you mentioned ,they would have left overs or cut pieces which I can use .I even asked ,if they can give it to me ( i can pay ) ,I can get it done from outside .
I was just mentioning what you said, that is negative attitude which is like you being unsatisfied hence a negative feedback.

Anyways, If you want to try Garware Icecool shield 70% VLT for LS2 do PM me. I have loads of film left over.
Old 18th April 2012, 15:27   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr
Well bikers are always treated like this .If I had pulled on with a BMW ,their approach would have been totally different.
I got the a good treatment when I went there with my Indica for interior cleaning and later with my Linea for sunfilms. I dont think they would be in business if they treat only rich customers well, as most cars are hatchbacks and makes up most of the volume.

Helmet visor is a critical part that impacts visibility. Suggest you keep it stock.
Old 20th April 2012, 17:35   #279
Senior - BHPian

I went again today on my monthly visit and got the BigFoot washed and brushed up.
As usual a good job done and well worth the 500 odd bucks spent.

I rinse my car with water and SONAX or other Car shampoo typically once a week or ten days but ever since I bought the Yeti, I have been happy to go once a month to 3M to get it thoroughly cleaned from top to toe, inside and outside. A quick administration of that lovely leather polish on the seats and the dashboard polish on the rest of the bits with a smattering of elbow grease makes the interiors look spanking new, feel good and smell good too.

They are good blokes there in my opinion. Take care of my vehicle well.

I met another chap there today with a Mato Brown 4x2 Yeti - he had come for something else. First time Im seeing a Yeti there other than mine.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 20th April 2012 at 17:37.
shankar.balan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 21:46   #280
BHPian

I made a visit to the 3m HSR layout center and my experience was great. As many people has already mentioned in this thread I found the staff extremely co operative, knowledgable and passionate about work. There was a very old Santro undergoing body care when I was there and I was really impressed by the way they were taking care of each part. Windscreen and side glasses were properly masked during the scrubbing process. Although the pricing is high compared to local shops the output was awesome. My visit was for inquiring about sunfilm. CR70 seemed to be very good for the sunny days at Bangalore but I wouldn't likely go for any windscreen film. Price was one reason and I personally feel that Rapid's windscreen doesn't let too much of heat inside probably due to the angle at which it is fitted and the (smaller) size. I decided to go for CS50 on the sides and back. Although CR's would perform better is highly priced and was not within my budget. I chose CS50 because it is not too dark but would give some shade. I had dark films (guess it was cs30/35) on my swift and I have many times faced trouble driving the car in night on ghat roads where road is narrow and turns are sharper. I had to keep the windows open many times during such drives. Reversing the car during night was also a big issue.
rajni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 09:01   #281
BHPian

I finally went for CS35 which was not that dark as I was thinking. I have to be careful not to pull the window up/down for three days to insure the stickers don't move. Experience with the staff on the second day was still better. Pradeep who assisted me from the beginning was extremely friendly. They even rubbed off a small scratch on the left ORVM free of cost, without me asking. The scratched area looks better now. If I was not living in another part of Bangalore could have visited the shop frequently for washing.
rajni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 16:25   #282
Senior - BHPian

There is a 3M Car Care shop coming up in Marathahalli (Before Yashomathi hospital while going to Whitefield from Marathahalli bridge). I am happy as it is very close to my apartment.
Old 5th May 2012, 16:31   #283
BHPian

Is it already open or still coming up? With the recent issues regarding sun film I am surprised to hear they are coming with a new shop.
Old 6th May 2012, 10:43   #284
BHPian

Siddhu. If you are checking this thread please let us know if there is any movement against the ban on sunfilm by manufacturers.
Old 7th May 2012, 16:24   #285
BHPian

I gave my car to 3M HSR layout for exterior and interior detailing. As a background, about a year back my then brand new car was keyed all over by vandals and this post has the details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2261994

Don't remember the exact name of the exterior program, but it cost ~3200+taxes for detailing and waxing. Since my car's beige interiors had got a little dirty, went in for a basic interior package also (~1200+taxes)

What I liked
- fantastic job on the interiors. It looks absolutely brand new, great job by the 3M team. Every small stain has disappeared. I spotted a couple of small ones after detailing which were promptly removed
- good job on the exteriors. They were able to buff out most of the scratches so things don't look that bad anymore. The deeper scratches have also faded. Overall the car looks spanking new from 2-3 feet away
- quick turnaround. They were done with interior + exterior work in about 2.5 hrs on a Sunday evening which is fantastic
- The supervisor Pradeep was quite friendly and helpful

What I didn't like
- the pricing. Cost me about 4900 in total for exterior+interior detailing. Would have cost about half of this at a local body shop I reckon

Will try and post some pictures soon
guha_2001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks