Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 10:05   #226
BHPian

Re: Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)

Impressed!! Sad they dont have a branch here in Chennai.

Are there any detailerz in Chennai who can bring in this satisfaction apart from 3M which costs a bomb for just a basic detailing inside out?
Old 25th October 2017, 13:48   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Can someone help me with their contact and location? Do they offer doorstep service?
This is a good place where I've been few times & they offer a great service. This is near Kaggadaspura near RMZ Millennia.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 14:42   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Impressed!! Sad they dont have a branch here in Chennai.

Are there any detailerz in Chennai who can bring in this satisfaction apart from 3M which costs a bomb for just a basic detailing inside out?

OT

Please check this out - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...n-chennai.html

Personally have used the service - extremely nicce gentleman to deal with and very very knowledgeable.
sai_ace is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 01:00   #229
Senior - BHPian

Finally got around to putting down my review of Ultimate Detailerz and Mohsin (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4286329).

Overview
For my new Superb, I decided to get ceramic coating done, and browsing team-bhp recommended detailers, zeroed in on UD after calling Mohsin, and getting by email a detailed list of packages I can avail.

Mohsin and his crew are both passionate and professional. He accomodated a slot on Saturday for my car's detailing, and I reached in the morning with helpful last 'mile' guidance.

After discussing the various packages, and possibilities, I zeroed in on the Ultimate Package with 3 year Warranty and using CQuartz-Finest Reserve ceramic coat - please see the attached picture.

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-cquartz.png
I stressed to him that I want a highest quality job with whatever time it takes, and got the feeling that he wants to do a thorough, high quality job and does not try "hardsell by discounts" approach, which is common.

This was borne out when after the wash, my new car was found to have a good amount of swirl marks on many body panels (white colour makes it hard to notice unless under white LED torch) and even on tail lamp plastic. Seems Vinayak Skoda car wash guys doing chemical (no water) wash, had messed up big time, as I hadn't washed car after delivery
[Sidenote]
When I reported to Vinayak Cars, they were apologetic, and offered to get my car detailed on their cost (but I had already got it detailed by UD when I reported to them), and promised to improve their wash process. In the end, they bore half the cost of putting Paint Protection film on the bumpers & side mirrors etc which I was going to do, and got it done through their 3M dealer. Overall, I was happy that they listened to a customer and strove to find a solution to make up for their lapses Hope they really do improve the training and process of car wash!
[/Sidenote]

Swirl Removal
Mohsin and his trained guys immediately got down to work to remove the swirl marks and prepare the car to pristine form which took some hours, but they stuck to it (getting swirls off VW/Skoda/German car paints is a tough and painstaking job as the paint is very hard). They took care to see that no surface is left with blemishes before starting the process for ceramic coating.

Detailing Process
Paint, plastic, glass, interior plastic trims, leather seats - everything was cleaned, and coated with the appropriate protection material. Of course, my car interior was more or less spic and span, having hardly seen any use, but they were thorough with their approach!

Applying Ceramic Coat
For the ceramic coat on paint, 2 coats of CQ-Finest Reserve were applied with some period in between, to allow some degree of settling. Mohsin explained that any ceramic coat is designed to be hydrophobic, and to resist dirt and stains, so it does not help to try and pile on layers and make claims of 'n' layers of coat - as the coat won't apply and stick over many layers. Bit like PPF won't stick over another PPF layer!
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0530.jpg
Baking in the Ceramic Coat
Post the application of CQ-Finest Reserve coats, each metal panel has to be baked using IR lamps at 60 degC for 10 mins at a distance of 60cm (IIRC). This allows in proper settling of the ceramic coat. It is still advisable not to wash the car/get it wet in rain for 24+ hours post all application. For a large car like Superb, it meant ~220 mins of heating as panels like bonnet, door, fenders etc required 2 iterations to cover the surface. This does not include the time to move the heating lamps and set it up etc. Due to the hours spent removing swirls, his guys worked till 9PM in the evening, and a couple of doors needed final finishing in the morning He had anyways offered me to leave my car overnight at his workshop safe from rain and moisture to help settle the coat in.
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0539.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0542.jpg
I was also given instructions on do's and don'ts when washing the car - to use pH neutral soaps/shampoos, wipe very gently with high grade microfiber towel, wash mitt etc. Bought some products for cleaning the car including water wipe towel, large microfiber towels, wash mitt, Car Pro cleaning solution etc. The main detailing technician also warned me on not wiping a dirty car, and not to put and remove car cover frequently as regular car covers will cause scratch on the A/B/C pillars and the roof edge.

Rating: 9/10
A picture is worth a thousand words...
Attachment 1700588
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-p1140365.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-p1140381.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-p1140393.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-p1140355.jpg
What can be better:
Not much frankly, but keeping up the high standard consistently and following the right process with proper trained workforce is a continuous effort, hope UD is upholding that. Also, if I have to nitpick ...

1. Approach to the workshop is over sand/earth track for last 30-50 meters, would be great to have it paved (Mohsin told me he plans to do this once a construction next door is done)

2. Mohsin is very knowledgable and committed, and gives "no nonsense", correct advice. At times though, he could be a bit terse in his replies, maybe customers ask him the same newbie queries - but this aspect could be a notch better!

3. Packages are not exactly cheap, but then having looked at what all was involved for doing up my car for the Ultimate Package, that kind of quality and attention to detail should deserve some premium!

Conclusion
My experience as of date, has been very positive. I shall update about the follow-up services, and overall how the detailing and the ceramic coat holds up in due course.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 29th November 2017 at 01:25.
lancer_rit is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 22:40   #230
BANNED

Guys, Needed a small input.
What is the actual difference between Ultimate Detailerz and Ceramic Pro ?
What accordingly is better ?
Planning to get the ceramic coating done for friend's Kodiaq.
Old 5th March 2019, 10:41   #231
BHPian

I have finally completed 1 year with my ceramic coated Skoda Rapid and it was time for the first year annual maintenance visit.

Before I dwell on the maintenance visit experience, following are my thoughts on the ceramic coat over the last one year.

The coat did help to keep the vehicle clean at all times. I only dusted the vehicle in the mornings with the jopasu duster before heading to work. I did not have to get it waxed or polished even for a single time in the last year due to the slick nature of the coat.

Details of my experience can be found at this link.

The very essence of a ceramic coating is the preparation of the vehicle and what i gathered from Mohsin is that the work is around 80% preparation and 20% product application. The charges are primarily for the effort that it takes to get the vehicle to a condition that the ceramic coat would have a lasting effect.

For my first maintenance visit, i had setup an appointment with Mohsin over phone and reached the site by 10 AM. The work started by 10.30 AM and the vehicle was delivered at 3 PM. I stuck around the entire time watching the process and trying to pick up a few tricks for DIY initiative , sometime, in the future.

The car was first thoroughly washed and decontaminated. The light swirls were removed to my satisfaction. A few heavier marks would need a stronger compounding and I have decided to get it done later, as that might involve taking off a part of the ceramic coat and re-application.

Cleaning included the exteriors, Alloys, Tyres, Interiors and the plastics.

Once the vehicle was prepped and ready, Gliss was applied. Details of Car Pro Gliss can be found here.

Gliss is basically a top coat for the Ceramic coating and helps to provide a slick and glossy finish to the vehicle. I was impressed by the end result and the ease of application of Gliss. I intend to use Gliss on my other vehicle on my own. I know that the results may not be similar due to the fact the decontamination process is difficult to follow in a DIY environment.

Overall,I would say that the Ceramic coating has held up quite well in the last one year and with the annual maintenance visits, including a full top up in 36 months, I see no reason why the coating would not last the full guaranteed 5 years. Only grouse, that i have is that it becomes very difficult in protect your vehicle with a PPF once it is ceramic coated. I hope there would be advances in PPF technology making it possible to apply it over a ceramic coat in future.

Now time for some pictures :

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1492.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1495.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1497.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1494.jpg

Superb attention to detail with two guys working on a single alloy.

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1499.jpg

Gliss being applied

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1500.jpg

The Final Result

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1496.jpg

The stock of products

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1498.jpg

Only downside of the place is the last 30 metres unpaved stretch. Nothing major but a sore point in an otherwise excellent place to pamper your vehicle.

Overall, I would certainly rate UDZ a thumping 9.5 /10
shubhu3112 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 15:49   #232

Ceramic Coating - New Honda Jazz

Hi All,

After finalizing and booking the new Honda Jazz VX, I started exploring viable options for Paint Protection of the car. After doing some research on TBHP and over the internet to understand various products like Paint Sealant, Ceramic / Nano coats and PPF decided to go ahead with Ceramic Coating.

Some of the criteria considered:
1. Durability and Maintenance
2. Cost

Normal Sealants doesn't have a very long durability and something like PPF is not viable (from cost perspective) for Honda Jazz.

Based on various threads on TBHP and reading reviews, explored couple of detailers:

1. 3M HSR for their Hypershield Offering (I understand that this is equivalent to ceramic coating)
2. Carpro CQuartz Offering from Ultimate Detailerz
3. Ceramic Coating from Feynlabs

After due consideration on cost, kind of protection offered in each package and real reviews from previous owners, decided to go ahead with Ultimate Detailerz (UD). (I heard that Feynlab is equally good for ceramic coating but
was slightly expensive)

Got in touch with Mohsin from UD to get details on package and pricing. I was planning to get it done as soon as I have the delivery of my new vehicle but got delayed by couple of weeks due to the busy schedule and a recent Wayanad trip.

As soon as we returned from the trip got in touch with Mohsin to get a saturday slot. I was informed that it will take couple of days to get entire work done.

Now some details on the package opted:

I opted for a premium plus package that includes 26 step process which includes application of following carpro products:
1. CQuartz Finest Reserve Ceramic coat on body
2. Carpro Forte Protection on Windshield
3. Carpro Fly30 Protection on all other glasses
4. CQuartz Interior Coat for Dashboard
5. Carpro Interior Protection for other interiors like door trims, Seat and other plastic body
6. Coating on Alloy Wheels

This package comes with 3 Years warranty that includes two maintenance visit within 12 months and 24 months.

Total dent on the pocket: Rs. 27500

Now to the actual process:

As soon as I reached the detailing Center Rustan (Lead detailer in UD) inspected the car thoroughly and found very few light swirl marks. Apparently these marks were gifted to me by the Honda Dealership (can happen from pre-delivery improper washing)

1. Washing & Decontamination (1.5 hours)

Post inspection, all the boys got to their work with removing iron contamination using IronX, cleaning mud deposits from allow and near disc (thanks to that trip to Wayanad!). All the chrome parts including handles, logos etc were thoroughly cleaned and decontaminated from any deposits.

After decontamination, car was given a full body wash using PH neutral car washer and washing mitt, followed by pressure wash. Car was dried using blowers followed by careful wiping using MF cloths.

2. Preparing the surface & Polish (3 hours)

Since the surface had minimal swirl marks, the team decided not to use any strong cutting compound. They used polish to correct surface using applicator pads. Here I would like to appreciate the attention to detail that Mohsin and team displayed, they kept on correcting till the last mark got removed from the surface. The entire preparation took long but it was satisfying to see Jazz getting pampered.

3. Preparing the Interiors (2 hours)

One of the guy jumped on interiors and started vacuuming and cleaning the interiors, cleaning the floor mats. My seats and ceiling didn't require a deep clean since its a 14 days old vehicle.

4. Actual Application of CarPro Ceramic Coating products (2 hours)

After preparing the surface for more than 3 hours and getting the gloss in place after polishing, Rustan carefully started applying first layer coat of Cquartz Finest Reserve to the body. (While chatting with him he told that Finest comes in 50ml bottle and a vehicle like Jazz drinks about 20-22 ml for two layers)

While he was busy in applying ceramic coat his second in command started applying Cquartz Forte on Windshield, and Fly30 on window glasses.

It took around 30 mins for first layer to settle and then they started with application of second layer of Finest Reserve. It is applied using a small pad with a cloth and wiped with high quality MF cloth after 30 seconds of application.

In the meantime interior guy started applying interior ceramic coat to dashboard. (Note that this product has a pungent odor and its advisable to be away from your dashboard for atleast 3-4 hours after application if you don't want a severe headache!)

After dashboard the protection was applied to other interiors like door trims, seats,etc.

5. Curing (45 mins)

Cquartz Finest Reserve requires a Infra Red curing where each panel is heated under an IR setup for 3-4 mins. This allows bonding of coat with the car paint surface.

Post curing once all the panels come down to normal temperature, the entire surface is wiped with high quality MF cloth and the final result is here! A good glossy finish on the surface.

Since this was a new car with minimal swirl marks the entire end to end work got done between 9.30 am to 7.00 pm. For older cars with Swirl marks correction itself can take close to 6-7 hours.

How to maintain this gloss or overall coating? (This was explained to me by none other than Mohsin)

1. Don't give your car to apartment cleaner who cleans 25+ vehicles a day with one magical cloth!
2. For normal dust on the surface, wipe it using good quality microfiber duster like Jopasu daily
3. If feel like wiping the surface, you can use any PH neutral waterless wash solution from good brand or a simply sprinkle plain water and wipe it using good MF cloth
4. If the car is too dirty (mud patches etc) give it a good gentle wash using any carwash like Meguiar's or 3M using any washing mitt.

My overall experience has been 4.5/5 for Ultimate Detailerz for the sheer quality of work they do and attention to details. UD will definitely be my default destination for all future detailing work.

Since the work got done recently, I will update this thread after couple of months with real time results.

P.S: I don't have any commercial relations / interest with Ultimate Detailerz or Carpro. Just sharing my experience as a happy customer.

Now some pictures:

Caption 1: Iron Decontamination from wheel

Caption 2: Full body wash

Caption 3&4: Preparing the surface, removing swirls and polishing

Caption 5: Applying Cquartz Finest Reserve Ceramic Coat

Caption 6: Applying Fly30 Glass Protection

Caption 7: After first layer of coating is applied

Caption 8: After the second layer

Caption 9&10: Curing under Infra Red

Caption 11-14: The final Output!
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190427_113600.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190427_113532.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190427_134258.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190427_160112.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190427_160636.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190427_164753.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190427_162800.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190427_175718.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190427_180119.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190427_181438.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190428_101145.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190428_101153.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190428_101205.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20190428_101227.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 7th July 2023 at 13:03. Reason: Typo
Sparrow is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 20:52   #233
BHPian

Re: Ceramic Coating - New Honda Jazz

Somehow feel all these ceramic coatings are wayy overpriced. We see many posts after users get these done but hardly any after 3-6 months of use. If one needs to make so much efforts in maintaining it why not get a regular long lasting polish + wax application done.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 22:33   #234
BHPian

Re: Ceramic Coating - New Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Somehow feel all these ceramic coatings are wayy overpriced. We see many posts after users get these done but hardly any after 3-6 months of use. If one needs to make so much efforts in maintaining it why not get a regular long lasting polish + wax application done.
Well you should go and see a ceramic coated vehicle which has gone through proper maintenance, it is totally worth it.
And let me tell you, photos don't do any form of justice.

On the point of cost, a good ceramic coating is only good as the preparatory (detailing) work done on the car. The same applies to Wax/Sealants too.
Usually it's the preparatory level the Detailer cuts the costs, may it be removing various defects or the contaminants in paint.
johannskaria is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 01:58   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
It is a new one next to the Renault Showroom and right opposite the Jakkur Aerodrome. There's a big billboard in front of it so you can't miss it. Mention Team-bhp and you'll probably get a discount.

Disclaimer: This outlet is a franchise run by a friend.
Quite late to quote this message but I felt it's best to give credit where its deserved.

So I recently picked up a Honda WRV and right from the showroom there were a couple of watermarks on the car. Very small and almost invisible, however I did notice them at time of delivery.

Brought them to the notice of the dealer and they did some light polishing and said it's okay. It was not okay and doubting their capabilities I told them to leave it alone.

Took delivery and came home. Parked the car in the basement and for the next two days was very busy in other works.

I had earlier talked to Moshin for getting my Pajero SFX detailed, however never got around to do it. This time however I went ahead and looked up UD branches. Fortunately the Yelahanka branch is quite near and decided to call them.

Brahmeshwara answered by call and we chatted about the services they offered. He was very soft spoken and offered all details. I decided to visit them just to check out the facility and see of something could be done about the water marks.

So I reach the place and I like it its fully covered , dust proof and very neat and clean. Brahmeshwara meets me and we inspect the car
He explains all the different types of services and I ask him if we can try something on these marks first. He obliges and he calls who I think is his supervisor. He immediately inspects the spot, measures the paint thickness using some electronic tool and proceeds to work on the marks. Few minutes later the marks are considerably reduced but not completely gone.

All this while I notice a Dark Red Hyundai i10 being worked upon. There are atleasr half a dozen people working in it. It looked like a lady getting attended to in a parlor there were people using a toothbrush to clean the bottom side of the doors. Others were poking long brushes in the alloys and gently cleaning the innards. Others still were working their magic on the plastic grill removing years of water deposits.

The scene could be compared to getting a facial, manicure and pedicure all at once. I was quite impressed with the attention to detail and the fact that the guys were working independently, meaning they were highly trained.

After all this I decided to give my car to Brahmeshwara to do the 5 step treatment and he assured me the he will do his best. The marks would also be gone most probably likely.

So I gave them the car at about 4 PM and after discussing the details a bit I left. Next day I called around noon and he confirmed that the car would he ready in about 10 minutes and I could come over. He also said that except one small mark the rest of the car was now spotless.

On reaching there I inspected the car and by jove what a shine it had. The irritating spot was gone and the whole car looked so good. It was not this new even at the showroom.

I will let the pictures do the talking.

All in all the Yelahanka UD is one great place. Dedicated people who take interest in their work, pay attention to detail, don't cut corners and listen to you.

I would highly recommend them. Both Brahmeshwara and his partner Sridhar are great guys and passionate about the work they do.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1564518232126.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1564518246293.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1564518259297.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1564518268666.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1564518278927.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1564518289874.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1564518299810.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1564518309420.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1564518320731.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1564518332066.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1564518341285.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1564518349163.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1564518357457.jpg  

Traveler is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 17:33   #236
BHPian

Went to UD to get my new Superb protected with both PPF and ceramic (yes, UD does PPF also now). I did a lot of research all over the place and my conclusion was the folks who do the application are more important than the actual PPF or the ceramic (although they have to be good too). With that in mind, I made an appointment with UD the day after I got the car and went to their shop in the morning. It is a new car, and this is how it looked after I got it back from the showroom and after a temple visit (and some rain on the way back).

Mohsin took me through all the options on offer and based on my budget and driving needs, recommended a set of options
PPF: Covering both bumpers, bonnet, ORVM, door beading and piano surfaces at the sides. The car is big and the sqft does come out to be a lot, so doing the entire car was out of my budget.
Ceramic: Took the 3 year package for the full car. Carpro professional on the outside, DLUX for alloys and plastics, all glasses protected and wax for the leather.

Mohsin's team got right to the cleaning of the car and I was surprised by how much iron sediments came out of the alloys and the body of the car. Just with a thorough cleaning, the car already looked fresher than before. They then took the car inside and clayed the entire surface. Next step, they removed swirl marks for the rest of the day. I wasn't expecting too many swirl marks, but they were there (improper washing, storing car in the sun in the yard etc) and the team took the time to remove each of the swirls with a great deal of patience.

I was not able to go back there the next day, but Mohsin sent photos of the progress with apply PPF and then the Ceramic and interior work. I was able to pick the car up the on the 3rd day afternoon once the ceramic had cured for a day (especially during this rainy season, it is important to keep thee car away from water for the first 24 hours at least and then away from chemicals for the first 7 days).

The car looked super shiny(jewellery level shine) under the lights in the studio. Outside in regular conditions, it looks very, very clean and shiny. I went over the car multiple times and got tips on how to care for the car to keep it looking good for as long as possible. Carpro gives a lifetime of 3-4 years, but with proper care, it should last longer. There was an innova which had come for the first year inspection visit and it looked *amazing* - as if it had just rolled out of the showroom. Kudos to that owner for maintaining it well and it gives me hope that my car can also look like that for many years to come.

I am not very good at maintaining cars (I did not get my earlier Creta cleaned at a wash shop or anywhere else other than the building car wash guy even once in the 5 years I had it!). The ceramic coating will hopefully let me learn how to maintain my car properly without my carelessness causing that lovely colour to go away.

In Bangalore, PPF is a must and if it was more affordable I would have gone for the full car, but this at least gives me peace of mind that minor scrapes and accidents can be remedied without an expensive paint job + something that will never look as good as the original.

In the end, the jury is out on how long the protection will last, but so far I am glad I have gotten it done. I might come back in a few years and report on how it is holding up.

Rating: 9/10

Pros: Professional service, no hard sales/upselling, very knowledgeable staff.
Cons: Becomes expensive overall, but I have found that it is better to find an expert you can trust and go with their recommendation rather than trying to cut too many corners.

Some photos
Before:
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_8867.jpg

After:
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_8903.jpg

Photos of the work:

Cleaning and preparing
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_8868.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_8878.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_8875.jpg

Day 2

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20201014-1.04.23-pm.jpeg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20201014-1.04.231-pm.jpeg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20201014-1.09.512-pm.jpeg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20201014-1.12.105-pm.jpeg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20201014-1.12.093-pm.jpeg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20201014-2.06.54-pm.jpeg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20201015-3.26.054-pm.jpeg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20201015-3.26.051-pm.jpeg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20201015-3.26.04-pm.jpeg

Getting the car back

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_8891.jpg

Parting shot:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_8907.jpg
manku is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 17:57   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
Went to UD to get my new Superb protected with both PPF and ceramic
Someone ran a fingernail over the wheel arch and put a long scratch last week. Spoke to Mohsin and he called me over to the workshop a few days ago. Ten minutes of buffing and fixing and its as good as gone! Such a relief.

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-856bb327a4eb40d087b2e2bda6ab741c.jpg
manku is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 22:04   #238
BHPian

Hey
Does anybody know, they have detailing at home? Or we have to send the car to their outlets only?
Old 14th April 2021, 11:08   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Hey
Does anybody know, they have detailing at home? Or we have to send the car to their outlets only?
It's always a good idea to call them and ask all details rather than asking here!
vishwasvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 11:44   #240
BHPian

Do these folks do Denting and Painting work? Also any idea if they have an outlet in south Bangalore? Please share the contact details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks