Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2014, 17:21   #196
BHPian

Re: Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Orange peel effect arises due to contaminated surfaces, poorly prepared panel before painting and lastly if the paint applied is less than required ( thinner layer)
orange peel has nothing to do with the thickness of the base coat. Primarily it has to do with the curing process of the clear coat and the pressure at which the clear is sprayed.
HimuraKenshin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 18:19   #197
BHPian

Re: Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalor

Had a good experience at Ultimate Detailerz myself. Definitely recommend Mohsin and Team for any detailing requirement.
Old 30th November 2014, 18:18   #198
Senior - BHPian

It's been a while since I detailed my car and some amount of carelessness ensured loads of swirls and defects on the paint. Even though the car looked great for a naked eye, loads of defects were present if closely observed.

This is how the car looked for a naked eye before detailing, lots of shine and just detailed look:
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-100_7807.jpg

Most of them will think what's wrong with the above pic. But it looked like this on a closer inspection:
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img20141129wa0028.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, most of them may not worry about such defects and will be fine with the nice shiny looks as shown in the first pic. But for detailing maniacs, such defects cause sleepless nights . These defects spoil the shiny looks in the long run, therefore it should be corrected at the earliest.

Initially I thought of correcting the swirls by hand using the Meguiars Ultimate Compound which I had acquired earlier this year but later thought that correcting these defects by hand would be like fighting a losing battle. Therefore decided to take the car to some professional detailer. I didn't want someone to just hide the defects with a glaze but do a proper correction. Since I had seen lots of good work by Ultimate Detailerz in this thread, decided to take the car there.

The work was started in the morning and it was 7 in the evening by the time it was completed. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-100_7854.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-100_7872.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-100_7888.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-100_7842.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-100_7885.jpg

Engine bay detailed:
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-100_8187.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-100_8180.jpg

Defects resolved after detailing:
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img20141129wa0030.jpg

The Sonus Ion nano coating was applied as the LSP. At the end of the day, I was a happy customer with a big smile on the face. Great work by Mohsin and team .

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 30th November 2014 at 18:38.
guyfrmblr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 13:58   #199
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics taken in camera

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_2253.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_2259.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_2260.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_2262.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_2265.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_2275.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_2288.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_2290.jpg
guyfrmblr is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 17:01   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
This is one of the best maintained cars I have seen ever. All the credit goes to you for taking care of it so well. Oh man, I forgot that this car has crossed 1,00,000 kms mark.
JoseVijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 18:55   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very well maintained for a 1L kms run car. Even the pic before detailing looks very good like you mentioned with shine and reflection.

What detailing did you opt for?
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 19:09   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
What detailing did you opt for?
The car had tons of swirls and scratches therefore I basically wanted paint correction. Mohsin inspected the condition of the paint and appropriately corrected the defects using compounds. Prior to compounds, the surface was decontaminated and clayed. Then the polish and sealant was applied.
guyfrmblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 08:07   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Loss of words man. Simply great, the car looks pristine in the snaps. I guess a lot of hard work must have gone into the detailing part to give the car this look. What was the detailing a day affair or a couple of visits to get the look? Also how do you plan to retain the gloss? Whats the hole in the pocket??
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 10:04   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I guess a lot of hard work must have gone into the detailing part to give the car this look. What was the detailing a day affair or a couple of visits to get the look?
It was a single day affair. The work started at 10 AM and got completed at around 7 PM. The important thing I liked about the helpers there is that they just do their work with great dedication throughout the day instead of just chatting around which we witness at most of the places.

Quote:
Also how do you plan to retain the gloss?
I have been maintaining the gloss with Poorboys Blackhole, Fourstar UPP, Scholls W6 and Poorboys Natty Blue Paste wax combination complemented by Ultima Waterless Wash for quick detailing. I'll be using the same combination going forward too. Maintaining the gloss won't be an issue but maintaining the paint defect free is going to be a big challenge

Quote:
Whats the hole in the pocket??
I was charged around 5K for this amount of detailing. They calculate the rates based on the extent of detailing we require.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 09:49   #205
BHPian

Re: Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)

Finally I found an excuse to drive down to Bangalore I do not have a covered parking and trying to properly maintain it is leaving with sleeplessness. I'd rather head over here, give the car a complete make-over and then try maintaining it with a waterless wash.
Old 2nd August 2015, 14:36   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimuraKenshin View Post
orange peel has nothing to do with the thickness of the base coat. Primarily it has to do with the curing process of the clear coat and the pressure at which the clear is sprayed.
Lot of cars (mine being 2014 Honda City) comes with orange peel effect all over. I'm not sure if this can be completely removed as part of the detailing. Due to this, you do not get the same clear reflection you would normally get.
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:13   #207
Team-BHP Support

Re: Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)

any pointers to someone in Delhi / Gurgaon or Chandigarh for C-Quartz application
Old 23rd August 2015, 21:07   #208
BHPian

Today I took a friend of mine to get his car special UD treatment and we were in for a pleasant surprise! UD had launched few offers today itself and we got benefited inadvertently!!

UD is offering 20% discount on Paint protection packages with coating (Their premium offering)! Along with it, customers are offered multiple free follow up visits and more. The details are already available on their FB page.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation or any commercial interest in UD. I am just a common customer. . . .

Now the review! I am really not a good writer, I will keep it short and let the pictures speak for themselves.

BEFORE pictures:

The plastic parts and the swirls:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1587-600x800.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1582-600x800.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1586-800x697.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1588-800x770.jpg

AFTER pictures:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1596-800x600.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1599-800x555.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1603.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1608-800x673.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1610-800x659.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_1612.jpg

After the splendid work as usual, it was time for customary Mohsin's gyaan session with my friend! He explained to-do and not-to-do things to the paint, demonstrated water beading effect, cleared all the doubts/queries raised by my friend patiently.

My friend was immensely satisfied and requested me to post this review on his behalf. He mentioned and I quote: "I never knew my car was so beautiful! It feels newer than the time I bought it!!".

After the work, I was so jealous of my friend's car and was cursing FIAT for not offering PUNTO sports variant in BLACK! My next car will surely be black

-Whitesquall
whitesquall is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 00:15   #209
BHPian

Long Story short,
Was referred to Ultimate Detailerz by one of my friend Mr. Mohith saradhy after he hearing me visiting 3M store every 5 months to get the paint treatment done.This is also after making sure my driver is trained using Microfiber( had thought him 3 years back only) and using great quality shampoo made for car paint only.I Had visited UD in Feb 2015 Itself and had got the normal sealant(equivalent to ones offered in 3M) but since my car was exposed to various climates at various places, 9 months everything was worn off. The point to be noted here is that I had paid a lot less compared to 3M and already got a equivalent lifespan of 3M . In October, I visited UD for a better solution and chose the C quartz treatment. Left the car in the capable hands of Mr.Mohsin and his team. Two days later( I told them to take their time since I was not free to collect the car next day),I came back to collect the car and Mr.Mohsin requested for a small photo session since he was training some prospective detailers so they would know how the end result looks in a picture as they had seen the car in bare eyes.
No work on photos done except for masking the plates.
The car was shining but had swirls and it had lost that "flash" red. I had only the swirl picture of before. Now it has returned back to glory.
The best part of UD according to me is that you are charged not as per a package you select but it depends on what size,condition your car is and what sort of protection you want for the same.
Bunch of Enthusiastic Chaps I must say.
Cons:
1. cant go back and you want that superb finish always.
2. Extremely far from the place where I reside so it takes a good 2 hours to reach from one place to another.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20150207_142517-759x1024.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc01801-1024x683-951x608.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc01805-1024x683-1024x599.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc01809-1024x683-933x607.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_8707-1024x576.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_8709-1024x576.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_8711-1024x576.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_9069-1024x576.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_9078-1024x576.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_9072-1024x681.jpg  

psuraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 15:12   #210
BHPian

Had been to Ultimate Detailerz over the long weekend to get 'glass coating' + plastics protection done for my new grand i10. Came out very impressed. Full marks to Mohsin and his team - although I've been to his place a couple of times in the past, I am still amazed at the high quality of work that comes out here. So, the steps followed for 'glass' coating (or C-Quartz Finest treatment to be more accurate) + CarPro DLUX plastics coating were
1. Wash the car with shampoo + Ultima Waterless Wash
2. Alloys cleaned with Iron-X
3. Claying - using Carpro block - this was when we 'discovered' the paint thinner contamination on the doors by 3M guys (link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3893022). Very annoyed at this.
4. CarPro Essence applied with rotary for paint prep
5. C-Quartz Finest coating for the 'glass' coating on all painted parts
6. CarPro DLUX on all exterior plastics (roof rails, front bumper, plastic cladding on the doors and the underside of the mirrors)
7. Interior plastics coated using CarPro Perl

Despite the distance (it's about 22 kilometers from my place to UD), I would say it was worth all the pain going through messy traffic and back + the money spent. Also received tips from Mohsin on how to maintain the car post application.

Kudos to Mohsin's team for the patience and the eye for detail that they maintain on every car that comes in. A few pics my 'chhota car' and that of an Audi which was getting detailed - this should be my next car

Let the pictures do the talking - do excuse lack of minute details since these are from my mobile camera.

Disclaimer: I neither work for, nor am associated with in any way nor have commercial interest in Ultimate Detailerz and / or their businesses nor in the businesses competing with Ultimate Detailerz. This is just my opinion as a mango detailing enthusiast.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-alloys-cleaned-ironx.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-carpro-claying-.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-polish-using-carpro-essence.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-cquartz-getting-applied.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-post-cquartz-good-enough-eat-2.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-post-cquartz-good-enough-3.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-post-cquartz-good-enough-1.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-post-plastics-protection-dlux-cquartz.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-audi-gets-mohsin-treatment.jpg  

turboturtle is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks