Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 20:12   #91
BHPian

Re: Exterior Detailing at your doorstep : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)

Hi Guys,
Got the exterior detailing done for my Black Scorp. Following are some of the positives and negatives :

Positives :

1. Flexibility in prices : The gentleman who I spoke to was Nirmal. I met him to get a quote and he quickly explained, what is required for my scorp, after a visual examination. Unlike 3M, they can provide various solutions and he suggests, what is best suited.

2. Very professional : He was helpful in providing the required detailing and explained the thorough process, every now and then. In addition, he carried out 80% of the job single handedly.

3. Punctual : He provided a slot this morning and was right on time.

Negatives :

Since it takes me atleast a couple of hours to wash and wax the car, I know how hard it is carry out this job alone and I'm sure, he must have drained all his enery after 4 hours. So, my only suggestion is to have more people on your side, so it makes it easier for you and for the customer.

Pics

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dscn9495optimized.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dscn9507optimized.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dscn9500optimized.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dscn9501optimized.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dscn9502optimized.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dscn9504optimized.jpg

Outstanding work Nirmal. I would definitely get this done again in the future.

Regards
Avinash
Old 20th June 2011, 09:10   #92
BANNED

We called up Team UD for an appointment for Sunday, they were booked, a friend is very very eager to get a protection on his new ANHC. I requested them to adjust a slot but very professional folks- they refused. During the conversation i asked jokingly what could be so important that cannot take this request and guess whats the answer i got( after asking a few more times)- a Ferrari!!!! Wish could get the owner to post a feedback here with pics- any chance of that mkh and nirmal? Amazing guys, doing a super car!!!
Old 4th July 2011, 15:26   #93
Senior - BHPian

(Cross posting from my ownership thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-active-2.html )
This weekend I decided to unleash some lavish TLC on Jai. The T.Wine color suits the car well, and I thought it will be nice to gift him a polish session to make the beauty of the color really stand out. When it comes to detailing, the first name came across my mind was that of our resident detailing experts - Team UD. Called up Mohsin and he graciously agreed that he can come to my home on Sunday morning.

Came Sunday morning and Mohsin turned up as promised. By 8.30, he started working on Jai. After taking a look at his paint, Mohsin advised me that we can go for a protective coat polish - First he started cleaning Jai with the water less wash solution and then applied buffed the whole body and finished the task with a coat of glaze. He took really good care of Jai - it was pure pleasure watching him work his magic slowly and by the time he was finished, Jai was totally transformed - he was looking all shiny and dashing!

I will let the snaps talk.

Before the work started:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_2068.jpg

On the delivery day

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_1064.jpg

And this is how he looks now!

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_2092.jpg

The plastics never looked so good!

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_2105.jpg

Reflections

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_2108.jpg

Poser:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_2093.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_2104.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_2096.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_2122.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_2106.jpg

I have acquired a Jopasu duster and the water less wash solution and micro fiber from him. He was very educative and showed me how to properly take car of Jai so that he will stay in his dazzling best.

What I like about them:

Professional
Very knowledgeable
Friendly and easily approachable

I was hoping that I will get a chance to meet both Mohsin and Nirmal, but that was not to be - Nirmal was busy at some other place.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 20:05   #94
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
(Cross posting from my ownership thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-active-2.html )

I have acquired a Jopasu duster and the water less wash solution and micro fiber from him. He was very educative and showed me how to properly take car of Jai so that he will stay in his dazzling best.

What I like about them:

Professional
Very knowledgeable
Friendly and easily approachable

I was hoping that I will get a chance to meet both Mohsin and Nirmal, but that was not to be - Nirmal was busy at some other place.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I had no idea on the name you have given your ride- very nice indeed! The colour is really dazzling, and when treated properly, its a joy! BTW just a small note- its sealant that was applied in the last step of the process.
Keep it sparkling and shiny!
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 22:16   #95
BHPian

Re: Ultimate Detailerz- Professional Surface Treatment and Protection At your Doorste

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Thanks for the feedback friends, your encouragement will go a long way in helping us deliver the best.
Excellent job !

You have 1 more FAN & Admirer and Potential Customer in me.

This is the kind of professional behaviour that has made you a name by itself.

Do let me know if you ever intend to drop down to Mumbai.

Keep up the good work.
Old 5th July 2011, 12:46   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Super pics! This colour is really a treat if kept well. Best part is these guys have no standard dialogues like the other vendors who just want the money. Really nice name i agree that you have given your ride! The waterless wash will help you a lot post those highway rides that i assume you must be doing seeing your number plate
Sunrise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 18:37   #97
BHPian

Nice pics of the punto!
Me and a friend had a MOST amazing experience a couple of weeks back. We had called UD and asked to pick up a duster and micro and a couple of more items. They happened to be in the SAME building where my friend works and i decided to join in when they said they are working on a car in that building basement( was curious to see which one)
We went to the parking lot to meet them and WHAT DO WE SEE?? A Gleaming RED beauty- Ferrari!!! Man the car was dazzling, as it is the red on that italian hottie is too hard to resist and then to top it up it was just out of the experts hands. We clicked away to glory(only a few pics), missed my SLR big time though. We did stay a little away so that the owner does not take offense. It was a major experience guys- nothing can beat the sight of this car and that too if detailed by experts. These guys are getting better i can see- congrats folks and keep it up. I am just posting these for all fellow fans to benefit, mods- i hope this is ok.
PS: We did learn a few things again on taking care of our own rides and did pick up useful DIY stuff- i got myself a wash mitt too!!
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-16062011679.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-16062011681.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-16062011688.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-16062011689.jpg  

hemantbsutar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 11:08   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantbsutar View Post
Nice pics of the punto!
Me and a friend had a MOST amazing experience a couple of weeks back. ....
Wow! Must have been a sight i can imagine, lucky you! BTW which wash mitt did you buy- the meguiars? How is it? I got an old one, thinking if i should replace it.
Old 1st August 2011, 00:43   #99
Senior - BHPian

Flashback to about two weeks ago. I was heading out to get some grub after waking up late on a typical Saturday morning. I was surprised to see a bit of equipment around my neighbour's Swift Dzire. Then I saw (whom I later came to know to be) Nirmal.

On a hunch went over to chat with him and confirmed that he indeed was part of UCD. I was super excited to know that they also were active in my area of Bangalore, which is a bit out of the way - or so I thought. Immediately took his number and got an informal quote for my 2008 Chevy Spark - Black. It needed work, due to the combined efforts of Bangalore traffic and our friendly neighbourhood car "cleaner". The were swirls on every external panel, and scratches too.

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011138.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011142.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011139.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011143.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011141.jpg

Armed with Nirmal's number and the quote, I approached the Home Ministry. My suggestion was promptly shot down. Being a bit short in the pocket, I capitulated, and did not confirm to Nirmal the "sometime this week" that I'd previously promised.

Jump to Friday, July 29 - Salary!! I sent Nirmal a message (who remembered me!) and we confirmed early Monday as D-Day. Came home and told the Home Ministry again and there was a mini-war. I finally had to say that I was paying for it and if it didn't turn out good, then I would quietly listen when being told "I told you so" as many times as the HM felt was necessary to drive the point home.

Change in Programme:

I'd planned to get the car washed on Sunday in preparation for the Monday morning polish, but on Saturday evening Nirmal called and told me that a slot had opened up on Sunday morning. I don't really plan things for the morning, so was glad to oblige. Plan fixed for Monday morning. Didn't tell HM :P

Set the alarm (Sunday, understandable) and woke up early (again Sunday) and got ready. Left home after quickly informing HM and then realised that the car was filthy! Called Nirmal up & asked if I should get it washed, but he (very kindly) told me not to bother and that he'd take care of it.

Was (earlier) quite surprised to know that Mohsin actually lives very close to where I stay, so made for the place. When I reached, they were already working on a Ford Fusion (a few months old). I met Nirmal and Mohsin, and also Ashok.

Process:

Nirmal washed the car with Amway Car Wash (low suds & anti-static, I believe) and rinsed it off - much to my discomfort, because I was a little overwhelmed at someone washing my car while dressed in Nikes and Levis

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011145.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011140.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011136.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011137.jpg

Then he got rid of all the dust with the use of clay (first time I've seen it done)

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011144.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011146.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011147.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011163.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011180.jpg

They then started the polishing work (Nirmal - Bonnet & Ashok - Roof with the 105 cutting polish and Mohsin polishing the surfaces, and using the IPA (I think?) to get rid of excess compound that collects in the crevices)

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011148.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011152.jpg

It was like watching magic. Before my eyes the car transformed from a matte-finish (slightly exaggerated) to glass like reflection (NOT exaggerated!)

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011158.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011159.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011188.jpg

Once all the polishing was over, the car was then given a clear preserving polish coat and left for a bit (Can see the slight whorls of the coat in these pics)

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011191.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011193.jpg

After which it was polished again with the Micro fibre (what else) cloths to a wonderful shine

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011155.jpg

Since I will be changing the tyres soon, I asked that they not polish them, but they did still clean the hub-caps. Once all that was done, time to take the car out for a photo session. Cloudy day, so you can't really see the fantastic shine. Also I only had my phone to take pics with

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011184.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011185.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011197.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011198.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011199.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011203.jpg

I'll let the pics speak for themselves. The car looks as it did when new, and even the HM was impressed. Very impressed.

I picked up a bottle of ONR as well, and asked for a quote for the 3D floor mats for which UCD are now dealers. Superb mats, and I'm sold. Unfortunately HM has vetoed the plan. Will wait for next month

PROS: Guaranteed personal service, superb results, friendly and free tips and tricks to maintain the car as new. They also have an AMC package

CONS: None

Sparky's got her wink back

Click image for larger version

Name:	31072011203.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	586636
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-31072011204.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 2nd August 2011 at 14:05. Reason: Merging both your posts
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:50   #100
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

PROS: Guaranteed personal service, superb results, friendly and free tips and tricks to maintain the car as new. They also have an AMC package

CONS: None

Sparky's got her wink back

Attachment 586636
Superb write up- amazing as to how you have captured so many details. Pics are good indeed considering it was a phone camera. Thanks for the appreciation and feedback, the car really looks great as the chevy black is very nice indeed- keep it that way
mkh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:20   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Superb write up- amazing as to how you have captured so many details. Pics are good indeed considering it was a phone camera. Thanks for the appreciation and feedback, the car really looks great as the chevy black is very nice indeed- keep it that way

What happened to Chennai Visit mkh & Nirmal ?
I have sent you a PM too.
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:20   #102
BHPian

Thanks for the appreciation, very detailed review indeed !

All the best to keep Sparky sparkling !
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:17   #103
BANNED

@VeluM- Great write up indeed, very rarely seen such a proper write up and step by step pics. The car must be looking awesome indeed! Good luck on keeping it sparkling Great work indeed by UD, this thread is really nice indeed to visit.
Sunrise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 12:47   #104
BHPian

What was the size of the brush you guy use to clean the wheels? planning to buy it soon.

Also, after the ONR wash, the major panels are now cleaned. However there are few tiny areas to be specifically cleaned (ex: near the logo, fog lights etc). Can i use ONR to clean these areas ? I was planning to put ONR in a spray bottle and using MF cloth wipe em off. Can u help me with the dilution ratio?
Old 7th August 2011, 13:07   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
What was the size of the brush you guy use to clean the wheels? planning to buy it soon.

Also, after the ONR wash, the major panels are now cleaned. However there are few tiny areas to be specifically cleaned (ex: near the logo, fog lights etc). Can i use ONR to clean these areas ? I was planning to put ONR in a spray bottle and using MF cloth wipe em off. Can u help me with the dilution ratio?
If I am not mistaken, to use ONR as a Quick Detailer, you need to mix 8 fl. oz. of ONR to a gallon of water.

Some details here.

Last edited by SumitB : 7th August 2011 at 13:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks