Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2011, 17:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Exterior Detailing at your doorstep : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)

brilliant stuff. the scorpio looks better than the showroom vehicle.
I am calling you today for my wife's i20. that car is cleaned regularly by the apartment cleaning guys (sadly I do not have time) and is now completely covered with swirl marks.
Old 18th February 2011, 09:45   #32
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Brilliant work !! Kudos to the guys who did this !!

There is a car spa that I have been meaning to visit since God knows when but never got down to it. Now I am totally re-motivated.

BTW what does the exterior & interior detailing cost, as a package & seperately ??

Cheers
Thanks for the words of appreciation. We only do exterior detailing and its in bangalore, if i understand correctly, you are in Gurgaon?

Last edited by mkh : 18th February 2011 at 09:46.
Old 18th February 2011, 10:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Thanks for the words of appreciation. We only do exterior detailing and its in bangalore, if i understand correctly, you are in Gurgaon?

Ya I am in Gurgaon, just want to know what the detailing costs - for a comparison if nothing else.

Brilliant work nonetheless !!

Cheers
Old 18th February 2011, 12:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

spoke to mkh last evening on the way back home. booked my i20 for April

had to meet him this morning and confirm and discuss on the process that he plans to do, but unfortunately mkh could not make it.
maybe next time we will plan well in advance and meet up.
Old 19th February 2011, 01:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Last Sunday was a memorable day for my 2 yr old grey i20. mhk laid his hands on it by 8 am and by 2 pm, I had a gleaming new i20 back in my hands.

The passion with which he tirelessly worked on it, panel by panel. With megatonnes of patience and eye for detail.

At 2:30 pm I had a car which looked just out of the paint shop. I had half a mind to put up a "Wet paint - do not touch" board all around.

Such is the finesse with which it was worked upon! Never thought my car could get the original sheen. Now I am driving it as if I own a brand new car.

Great Job Ultimate detailerz! You are ULTIMATE indeed. A few pics should speak for themselves.

EDIT: Also met a couple of interesting fellow T-bhpians - Dhuli.....
and Sanjay (I guess)
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20110213_008.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20110214_001.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20110214_002.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20110214_003.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20110214_004.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20110214_005.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20110214_006.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20110214_007.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20110214_008.jpg  

Last edited by Shubz : 19th February 2011 at 02:22.
Old 20th February 2011, 00:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

mkh, i am definitely going to set up an appointment with you. Over the past few months, I have just not got the time to detail my cars. I plan for every weekend, but it gets pushed and never happens. I buy more and more cleaning aids, but they are still waiting to be applied

But anyway, good work and happy to know you are around
Old 20th February 2011, 00:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

Some of the best polishing work I've ever seen Need to make it a point to visit Bangalore and get the car detailed
Old 20th February 2011, 19:19   #38
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to all for the words of appreciation
@Godfather- will coordinate another time to synch up for sure this week.
@Bottle- Polishing is one of the steps in a surface treatment, which is a multi step process to clear the surface of contaminants and then swirl removal etc.

Last edited by mkh : 20th February 2011 at 19:25.
Old 20th February 2011, 19:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

The word "polishing" does not do justice to what mkh does to the car. Polishing can be done by anybody, including the neighborhood wash-wala. What these guys do is - similar to what treatment a lady gets when she visits a spa or a parlor! The folks who have seen mkh work on the car will vouch for it. He is immersed in it and if you are trying to keep up a conversation with him during his work, it is like distracting him. A couple of t-bhpians who had visited while mkh was neck deep in detailing my car, they and me all felt we were invisible to mkh. That is the kind of dedication and care with which the car was handled!
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Good job. Mkh, how do we make the areas around the decals look better? Can we use some sort of special brush, pads to cover the narrow gaps between letters? I always find it difficult to get this covered and consequrntly looks a bit odd after the work.
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:08   #41
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Good job. Mkh, how do we make the areas around the decals look better? Can we use some sort of special brush, pads to cover the narrow gaps between letters? I always find it difficult to get this covered and consequrntly looks a bit odd after the work.
Thanks for the appreciation
The salt deposits inside the lettering can be removed a little, not completely. However residue clean up is possible and a must post treatment, that was done but the salt deposits is what we see in the pic. We do remove some of it using IPA or hand rubbing. Best way is to replace the emblem totally, something that international detailers do.
Old 23rd February 2011, 16:31   #42
BHPian

AT LAST!! Now that i have qualified to a full time BHPIAN from being a NEWBIE i can finally go on record to express my sincere thanks to Nirmal who has done such a wonderful job of detailing my Swift. Here is how it happened
  • Desperate that i was for a good place that could " shine " ( OH BOY!! how wrong i was to use this word i found out later ") my car, i searched the BHP directory and forum and got hold of Nirmal's number
  • Called up Nirmal and during my conversation confirmed to him that i was a novice when it came to detailing
  • Nirmal confirmed the appointment for 13th and was there along with his associate Ashok
  • Nirmal started off by giving a low down on what he was about to do to my car and he showed me the assortment of treatment products that he had in the boot of his car
  • They spread out their wares in the garage had a look around car and declared that it needed a wash first
  • So the car was washed down with plain water and then cleaned with two buckets of water one with Sonax shampoo and the other plain water. here's the logic. When u dip in the microfibre or mit with the shamppo water and clean the body, it will get dirty and then dipping it again into the shampoo water is going to dirty the shampoo water. Hence, dip the dirty cloth/mit into the other bucket having clean water. I'am sure 7 out of 10 people do not do this or know this
  • Once done, they sprayed a claying lubricant and used two types of clay to basically remove all the contaminants like tree sap, road tar, oil spots etc. Thw white clay was for the softer contaminants that would come off easily and the black one for the harder to remove stuff
  • Now came the part of applying the MEGUAIR's 105 compound which is called COMPOUNDING. This was done by applying the compound onto the polishing machine by FLEX which incidentally is used by the top detailers in the US. What it actually does is it goes about applying the compound in an elliptical path rather than a circular one which ensures that the surface is swirl free. They took about an hour or so in turns to do this.
  • Then came the application of the All In One( AIO ) polish to " shine " the car literally.
  • By now i was thinking that everything was done and then Nirmal fished out a small bottle of WOLFGANG sealant which would again be applied by the machine. So, again they started off applying the sealant, but with a lower pressure being applied than the earlier process.
  • After allowing the sealant to dry for 10 minutes, the final shining/polishing was accomplished with the microfibre
  • AND LO!! the car was better than show room finish
During all the stages, i observed that they were very thorough,methodical and had an air of confidence about them that is seldom seen.
The whole process lasted about 6 hours and this was the 4 step treatment i had opted for. I wonder how much time they would have taken had i opted for the signature treatment which incidentally is recommended only if the usage is not much and the attention is paid to individual panels according to Nirmal. Had he done this treatment, i would have left my car at home and travelled to work by bus for fear of spoiling the finish of the car.

Here are a few pics of my car and one of them has a picture of Nirmal toiling away.

Strengths : Thorough, Knowledgeable and just simply professional
Weaknesses :After reading the review do you still think they have any

BOTTOM LINE: Would i recommend these people to others. I would without batting an eyelid.

Disclaimer: I have no business interests in Ultimate Detailerz and i'am in no way associated with them

My sincere thanks to the team-Bhp moderators for having thought up the concept of the directory
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-13022011116.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-13022011117.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-14022011118.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-14022011119.jpg  

prats is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2011, 10:15   #43
BHPian

Hi Prashanth !

A big Thank you from our team for the feedback and kind words !
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2011, 10:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Man! the cars are almost invisible on the surface with mirror like reflection. I was thinking about modifying my black Vento booking. Now I know how you can keep it looking great.
Just for curiosity, is it safe on the clear coat if done repeatedly?

Last edited by srishiva : 25th February 2011 at 10:47.
Old 25th February 2011, 11:44   #45
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Man! the cars are almost invisible on the surface with mirror like reflection. I was thinking about modifying my black Vento booking. Now I know how you can keep it looking great.
Just for curiosity, is it safe on the clear coat if done repeatedly?
Hi, Thanks again for the appreciation
The application of any compound does remove a micro layer of paint, but its very safe to do once in 6-8 months at the most and if done should be with clear coat safe certified compounds. It also depends on what level of compounding is done. Its not needed to do a lot of compounding anyways if we follow simple steps to maintain the finish.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks