Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2014, 23:38   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalor

It was about 6 months back I had gotten C-Quartz treatment done on my blue Vento. Heres the report

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3234826

Now I've been a happy customer of Mohsin's. All I do to take care of my car is just almost daily jopasu duster wiping and every sunday 15 min spray and wipe session with Ultima Waterless Wash. It leaves such a deep gloss and slick surface.

So it was no less a pleasant surprise when last week Mohsin contacted me and offered a complimentary "reload" service! Time was promptly fixed for a 2 hour slot for this week. Reached his "new" workshop that is opposite DARE facility in Kaggadaspura area. The first step was an inspection how good the CQuartz surface treatment was holding up. Let me have some pictures do the talking.

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0287.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0288.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0289.jpg

Pretty impressive I must say. Remember this is after almost 6 months with no polishing or waxing or any sealants!

Mohsin explained the process to me. They started with washing and de-ironating the paint and the alloys. Bonded iron impurities are hard to remove and a special agent "IRON-X" is used to remove them. It leaves a pinkish/purplish color, very evident on the alloys

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0290.jpg

The engine compartment was also dressed

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0291.jpg

Next they cleaned the glass and clayed the paint surface

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0292.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0293.jpg

Finally the reload agent was appllied. Result was a gleaming, shining, better than new looking car

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0294.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0295.jpg

Must say I was really very happy with the quality of their work. It is said good things do not come free in this world but sometimes you do see exceptions to this. Thanks a lot Mohsin and to your team as well.
joslicx is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 19:39   #167
BHPian

Re: Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
It was about 6 months back I had gotten C-Quartz treatment done on my blue Vento. Heres the report

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3234826

Now I've been a happy customer of Mohsin's. All I do to take care of my car is just almost daily jopasu duster wiping and every sunday 15 min spray and wipe session with Ultima Waterless Wash. It leaves such a deep gloss and slick surface.

So it was no less a pleasant surprise when last week Mohsin contacted me and offered a complimentary "reload" service!
Looks just awesome. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, I thought that once you get the C-Quartz treatment (which is same as nano treatment I believe), is a reload actually required within 6 months? I would assume that the DIY things that you were doing would have been good enough for maybe 1-1.5 years to retain the same shine or am I wrong?
Old 22nd February 2014, 21:10   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Looks just awesome. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, I thought that once you get the C-Quartz treatment (which is same as nano treatment I believe), is a reload actually required within 6 months? I would assume that the DIY things that you were doing would have been good enough for maybe 1-1.5 years to retain the same shine or am I wrong?
Well Mohsin is the expert to comment on that but the basic idea is that cq is pretty new for Indian conditions so he wanted to check how well it is holding up! shine you can get with wax but it's the basic nano treatment that's important to check. I guess he was pretty happy is holding very well.
Old 25th February 2014, 12:01   #169
BHPian

I had met Mohsin of UD in the past regarding maintaining my wife's A-Star and I was introduced to Ultima Waterless wash then.

When my cousin brother bought a new Skoda Rapid, he wanted to protect the paint since his car travels to Kolar regularly. The first thought that came to my mind was UD. We contacted Mohsin and he explained a few options over the phone and asked us to first come over and have a look at what he could offer. We reached his facility at Kaggadaspura and were pleasantly surprised. The facility is a simple setup with no fancy bells and whistles donning the studio, but what blew us away is the availability of detailing products, some brands that we have not heard of at all. Mohsin was kind enough to give us a quick tour of his facility and explain in brief which is what. He’s the authorised detailer for CarPro products and has been personally trained and certified by Scholls Asia! We also happened to see his car which had the C-Quartz Finest on it. We went back home that day and did a bit of google search and looked up videos on youtube on what C-Quartz Finest is and how well it protects a car. We found out on the CarPro website that C-Quartz Finest is sold only through authorized CarPro Detailers with a 2 years warranty program. More information on C-Quartz Finest information is up there on www.cqfinest.com and its one of the most premium nano ceramic coatings in the world. In India currently UD is the only detailer to offer Finest. After our little research online we felt that this has got to be the coating we want to go for and we contacted Mohsin and requested for an appointment. However he was busy for the week and we could not get a convenient slot. On a special request he agreed to accommodate our car for a service in the night since the car would travel to Kolar the next day.

The car was thouroughly inspected by Mohsin and though it was a brand new car (4 days old from delivery) Mohsin managed to spot a few blemishes and imperfections in the paint at certain spots, great! Being a brand new car it hardly had any swirls, just minor swirls. The usage of Scholls S3 Gold & S40 was suggested as Mohsin wanted to give the best possible service. We were told that this would be the first customer car to carry the C-Quartz Finest in India!

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0366.jpg

The car was given a wash with Iron-X Snow Foam followed by a generous mist of Iron-X. There was not much bleeding evident and then the car was rinsed and dried with a plush drying towel.

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0367.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0368.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0370.jpg

The claying process involved the usage of Ultima Elastrofoam and the car was thoroughly clayed. Post this Mohsin inspected the car again.

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0371.jpg

The compounding was done using Scholls S3 Gold or S40 where required. Each panel was thouroughly compounded and inspected against light.

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0375.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0379.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0380.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0381.jpg

This was followed by an Eraser wipedown. We did not understand the purpose of Eraser wipedown initially but Mohsin explained that it removes the polish oils and traces of compound stuck on the paint to better enhance the bonding factor of the nano coating.

By this time we were feeling sleepy and decided to leave and come the next day. Mohsin applied the C-Quartz Finest next morning. Unfortunately, due to work reasons, I could not make it to collect the car the next day and my cousin went on his own. I missed the opportunity to click pictures of the car with the coating on, the car is presently in Kolar but I’ll get to do a photoshoot soon once its back and probably that would show how the coating is holding up at the moment.

Post compounding

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0401.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0402.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0403.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0404.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0407.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0408.jpg

My cousin was given tips on maintainence and he bought the following products – Jopasu Duster, Ultima waterless wash, Ultima Shampoo Gel, a couple of MFs. What also came with the coating was a warranty card and a complimentary CarPro keychain. The experience with UD was great and we’d go back to them in the future.

What we liked
• Prompt & Professional service
• Attention to detail
• No marketing push from Mohsin
• We were allowed to witness the process and ask questions
• Mohsin provided us with a lot of knowledge on detailing and tips to how to maintain the car with minimal effort

What we did not like
• Nothing in particular

More pics
Scholls charts
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0378.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0383.jpg

The finest
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0385.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0405.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0406.jpg

Scholls ammunition
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0397.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0396.jpg
alstonlobo is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 15:42   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
We also happened to see his car which had the C-Quartz Finest on it. We went back home that day and did a bit of google search and looked up videos on Youtube on what C-Quartz Finest is and how well it protects a car. We found out on the CarPro website that C-Quartz Finest is sold only through authorized CarPro Detailers with a 2 years warranty program.
Looking forward for detailed review on C-Quartz Finest treatment.

Are both of these treatments same or is the C-Quartz Finest (with 2 year warranty) different than the C-Quartz done on Vento?

I believe the one with 2 year warranty would be a much more premium/expensive treatment.

The only thing that comes to my mind when I think about getting the premium treatments done is that in Bangalore (may be most of India cities), its very easy to get minor dents/scratches and I'm very finicky about the same and would get it fixed/re-painted at the service center. Post this, I would lose the treatment/coating on that part of body and would again have to go in for new treatment.
Old 27th February 2014, 17:01   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Looking forward for detailed review on C-Quartz Finest treatment.

Are both of these treatments same or is the C-Quartz Finest (with 2 year warranty) different than the C-Quartz done on Vento?

I believe the one with 2 year warranty would be a much more premium/expensive treatment.

The only thing that comes to my mind when I think about getting the premium treatments done is that in Bangalore (may be most of India cities), its very easy to get minor dents/scratches and I'm very finicky about the same and would get it fixed/re-painted at the service center. Post this, I would lose the treatment/coating on that part of body and would again have to go in for new treatment.
C-Quartz Finest is a premium coating and comes with 2 coats. You can check this on the CQ-Finest website.

Regarding detailing a single panel post re-painting or tinkering, I think its possible and you can contact Mohsin for more info as I'm not sure about the pricing and procedure. Contact details are on the first page of this thread.
Old 18th March 2014, 00:19   #172
BHPian

This is a long pending report. I was supposed to do it immediately post visiting Mohsin (2 weeks back) but, unfortunately I couldn't do it due to various reasons.

After reading innumerable positive reviews, I decided to take the plunge and called up Mohsin one Saturday and he promptly invited me to his place to witness the complete process. He was operating on a silver jetta belonging to one more fellow T-BHPian. I dropped-in and had a detailed interaction with Mohsin and as pointed out by many of us, he was very accommodative and he answered all our silliest queries (Including queries from my wife who accompanied me). Then we fixed up an appointment for the following Tuesday and left his place.

He inspected my car thoroughly and suggested me to go for CQuartz coating instead of regular polish plus sealant job since I mentioned about my inability (read Laziness) to spend time cleaning/washing the car on regular basis. He also promised that the coating will last at least for 1 year with 1 revival job after 6 months.

The concept of water-less wash was very attractive any day. It gave me some satisfaction in terms of going green and saving water.

The wait for the Tuesday seemed pretty long! Finally the day arrived and I reached his place by 8.30 am against 9 am appointment

Mohsin reached soon and we got started. . .

The car getting cleaned:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-cleaning1.jpg

The doctor at work. . .Mohsin checking paint depth at various points to identify which polish goes where. The depth of the paint will decide which strength of the polish is required where.

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-checking-paint-deapth1.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-checking-paint-deapth2.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-checking-paint-deapth3.jpg

The body and the alloy wheels were sprayed with Iron-X product which removes contamination:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-contamination-cleaner-ironx1.jpg

Stronger the purple color, more is the contamination:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-iron-x-result1.jpg

Then it was time for Claying to remove dirt and grime which is invisible from all the body panels and glasses:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-claying1.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-claying2.jpg

Time to inspect the swirls and claying results:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-checking-claying-results.jpg

Then it was polishing/compound time. The polish is determined based in the paint depth. Lesser cutting polish for thinner paint areas:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-polish1.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-polishing1_compounding1.jpg

Similarly, deeper cutting polish for rougher paint areas (Areas where paint depth is more. In case of my car, the paint depth varied from 93 microns to 145 microns!)

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-polish2.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-polishing2_compounding2.jpg

Then, it was time for paint cleaner which takes out all the oil out of polish and gives the paint a glossier look:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-paint-cleanser_gloss-enhancer.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-paint-cleanser_gloss-enhancer_application.jpg

Final clean-up before applying the CQuartz coating:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-removing-polish-oils.jpg

Finally the ceramic coating time!!

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-cquartz-application.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-cquartz-application1.jpg

The end result:

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-finished.jpg

The trust worthy LOGO. Mohsin was so cute in asking if he can paste that logo :-)

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-logo.jpg

Overall, it was a wonderful experience. Mohsin and his staff is very professional and nothing could escape the keen eyes of Mohsin. He even repeated couple of steps performed by his staff. Simply amazing! Keep it up Mohsin and thanks for everything.

Finally, he explained me the activities that I need to do to keep the life of the paint and the coating extended and when I got confused, he even listed all the activities, duration and the schedule on a paper for my reference. Though it was a long and tiring day, it was time well spent.

I also ended up buying many products from Mohsin at very reasonable price and he gifted couple of products as well. He even did the interiors free of cost!!

I have recommended his services to many of my friends and colleagues and hope they also end up being happy customers of his.

Last edited by whitesquall : 18th March 2014 at 00:23.
whitesquall is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 15:34   #173
BHPian

I recently took reigns of my White Unicorn: 2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic. Ownership Report Here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-unicorn.html

I had been following this thread for a while and was totally convinced to go to Ultimate Detailerz once I get my car. I called up Mohsin and he was very kind to explain at length the various options I have and based on my requirements/budget, I decided to go for the CQuartz Treatment. Once I got my car, I booked a slot to get the treatment done. As the temperature has been rising in Bangalore as well and it is recommended to not apply the coating in high temperature, I had to leave the car overnight for the complete treatment. I was pretty inquisitive about the entire process and so stayed there for a while to experience the treatments.

Mohsin will explain each and every step in detail and in process would give so many helpful tips to maintain you car in sparkling condition. The way he will go over the treatments and also monitor his boys shows how passionate he is. He’ll keep on checking how each sub treatment has been going by looking at various angles to ensure not an inch is left out. He keeps a good stock of various items as well which will help you DIY to take care of car paint. Based on your budget and requirements, he would give recommendations on what all products to use. It was an insightful experience and I feel so much more knowledgeable and the mistakes I used to commit on my earlier car.

Though mine was a 1 week old car, I could still feel the difference in finish and texture once the treatment was completed. Overall an excellent experience and I’m sure I’ll go to him again when needed in future.

Now, little bit on the quartz treatment which is divided into multiple steps:

My car all set to undergo treatment.
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1.jpg

My Unicorn getting a nice shampoo wash
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-2.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-3.jpg

Now the Iron Decontamination process using IRON-X on body and alloys
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-4.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-5.jpg

Notice the purple color on alloys. Seen more on front wheels due to disc brakes. This is on 1 week old car
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-6.jpg

Post this Rinsing and Drying is done

Now Claying process.
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-7.jpg

Mohsin checking on paint depth using instrument and also looking closely at the finish of treatment

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-8.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-9.jpg

Based on analysis done by Mohsin and this chart, he'll pick the right polish. He has the entire range with him due to which he is able to give the right treatment needed for each car
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-11_0.jpg

All set to polish and polishing process in action
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-11.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-12.jpg

Process to remove polish oils with product called Eraser
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-10.jpg

The heart of the treatment. The CQuartz treatment. This cannot be applied at high temperatures and so I had to leave my car overnight.
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-13.jpg

The final step that was done next day. Reload: It's a silica spray that is sprayed on body and cleaned/buffed with MF cloth
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-14.jpg

My sparkling White Unicorn is all ready
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-car1.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-car2.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-car3.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-car4.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-car5.jpg
neel911 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 16:25   #174
BHPian

A very good friend of mine has a Black Fluidic Elantra. He had got 3M protection done a long time back (when he got his car). The car is washed by his driver and not much care was taken during the same.

When I saw his car, I was so shocked. The car was full of swirls and looked as if it's a very old one. I shared with him the treatments done by Ultimate Detailerz and he was pretty surprised with the effects after I showed him some pictures. I told him, if you want to get a new showroom kind of finish, you got to go to Ultimate Detailerz. I recommended him the c-qaurtz treatment. By the way, my 2014 Honda City also underwent the same treatment: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3403249.

He called up Mohsin and fixed an appointment. When Mohsin saw his car, he was shocked . The car had very bad swirls all over. Lot of sections were re-painted due to few accidents over time. My friend finally gave his car and he kept on asking me, will it look like a new car again?

The results were astounding. He is not a team bhp member and requested me to post the pictures on his behalf. The car looks stunning and feels as if it's just out of delivery.

I'll let pictures do talking for rest of the part:

Before Pictures (have limted here) :
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1492370_756557081043509_4933620508079361047_o.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1492428_756557061043511_6684087432852985705_o.jpg

After Pictures:
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-891953_756559747709909_2880055721097074366_o.png
Attachment 1235009
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img20140327wa0007.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-903903_756559551043262_1785436740875775979_o.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-914019_756559534376597_8992491667308762004_o.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-1263012_756559741043243_7867776908174889308_o.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-10170758_756559657709918_9212359793078799773_n.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-980567_756559567709927_7092828116945447953_o.jpg  

Last edited by neel911 : 27th April 2014 at 16:32.
neel911 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 09:21   #175
BHPian

Its been over 2 years now almost that i have been with Ultimate Detailerz (UD). From the early days (then both Nirmal and Mohsin) to now when the owner Mohsin has been officially trained by Scholls Concepts i have had my car detailed using the Annual Package they offer( 4 times in a year). My recent experience was actually really awesome, and i wanted to share this you all who can see a nice quality experience what you can probably get for your cars.

Though both Nirmal and Mohsin have been really good friends of mine, I was in a bit of a crisis when I had to choose between the two. It was a difficult one, and I don't think that I made a wrong choice!

In the past i had got my car detailed at my place, which was a little tricky with low lighting and also severe space constraints. Now that UD has a place, which is pretty spacious and quite a peaceful setting, i was happy to leave my car for its regular treatment and have it collected back later As usual, Mohsin who welcomes you with a smile, took the car and explained me what all will they do (I usually forget the tech stuff, but this time I made a note of it). I was surprised to see Engine Bay detailing added to it and overjoyed to know that as part of the Annual Package now I get interiors done too, for which I earlier used to pay TATA quite a bit!! My interiors really needed a proper clean up and with interiors in the AMC in place, I was surprised and happy.

They do not take more than a car per day , which means your ride can get the proper and adequate attention it needs( a wonderful feeling for any owner who wants a proper work!). I saw that he has now upgraded his tools, and products. Leading names have been added and proportionate to that, the price of services has not! ( some names are well known worldwide like Scholls, Car Pro, Ultima- banners that i saw in their center)

After work i had to get my car back and boy was i surprised when i saw it! The surface was clearly glossier, lower swirls and slick like butter. I was told 2 coats of paint sealant were put and not one!

This is a vast difference now- i am paying the same amount but now getting more value for my money, totally different from what the market offers! I am glad to be with them as the expertise Mohsin has to offer is better, quality of work better and so are the products and the end result. Overall i am getting more value for my money now and glad to have my car in proper hands. For the price i pay for the annual package, the experience is unbeatable.

Some pics:
First few are BEFORE and then AFTER the work was done. Even door insides cleaned thoroughly and the joy was the engine bay!

PS: I am NOT marketing for Mohsin or UD, this is just my user experience! As a customer who was really satisfied, I thought I should post it here .
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0076-1024x768.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0083-1024x768.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0084-1024x768.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0085-1024x768.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0089-768x1024.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0104-768x1024.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0105-1024x768.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0106-1024x768.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0108-1024x768.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0111-1024x768.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0114-1024x768.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0115-1024x768.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0120-1024x768.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_0121-1024x768.jpg  

bantejas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 16:49   #176
BHPian

Have to admit, I am floored by the level of expertise of the folks at Ultimate Detailierz. All the cars, especially the dark colored ones really looked like mirrors in the photos.

I own a purple XUV which is 1.5 yrs old and was badly looking for some one to bring back the sexy purple look back. The dusty conditions where I live in bangalore and the lack of proper space to wash the car has turned the opulent purple to some turbulent purplish brown shade. Though I wash with the limited options atleast once in a week or 2 as well as polish once in a month, for some reason I just could not get back the purple beauty I fell in love with. The polishing does bring some shine, but I was never satisfied. Also due to lack of proper washing facilities I had tried the car washing guys in my apartment for a month. Or even take the car to automatic wash next to my place when the car got real dirty. And all this is has resulted in swirl marks. Plus some minor scratches.

During this 1.5 yrs, I had tried some professional polishers - 2 in kerala and once with Anant cars bangalore during a free checkup camp. But alas all turned out to be just a momentary satisfaction for a week maximum. And all 3 were doing it as business and not for the car. Something a car lover like me found hard to digest. So I was planning to go to 3M for their full body package when one of the BHPians suggested Ultimate Detailerz and Keystone.

Understood from their respective websites UD is run by Mohasin and Keystone by Nirmal. Both experts after seeing their works and dedication here. And from the testimonials, I also saw their love for the cars. Decision making was difficult. Finally, thinking to go ahead with UD as it would be difficult to provide power and water at my apartment.

So mkh, I am travelling right now and will be back in bangalore by 1st week of june. Can I get an appointment some day in June. Will call and fix a date.

FundaG

Last edited by fundagenie : 21st May 2014 at 16:57.
Old 21st May 2014, 20:10   #177
Senior - BHPian

marvelous job! This is how should be done. Analise the paint condition, select right correction procedure. Get best market products and do it properly. Not the usual way of one product for all problems kind of approach.
kutlee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 17:48   #178
BHPian

Detailing - Training for Expertise!

Hey everyone, recently (about a month ago!!!) couple of friends and I travelled to Bangy from Pune to meet the ‘Guru’ of detailing. There was a lot of email to and fro, before we finally decided to drive down to get one of our own cars detailed by him. A very long drive later, we made it there about 9 PM on the Saturday. Couldn’t sleep well that night, waiting for the session, to get answers for some questions and overall just learn from the guru. He called us about 30 minutes before the scheduled time to let us know where to come.

First up – we met him at his home office, which is a nice society!. Spotted a TBhp stickered Black Swift in the parking as well. He met us, as impeccably dressed as the work he does. We spent a good 35-45 minutes discussing with him about what we are going to do today. He had come prepared with an agenda, a tip sheet and a training manual – the works! A Detailer believes in the details, doesn’t he? Ok Ok…enough of the prologue.

The Guru here was None other than Ultimate Detailerz – Mohsin. He asked us a lot of questions, and you could see that he was trying to gauge the level of understanding we have of the process. We, by the way, were three friends, including a lady - probably the first lady pro-detailer in India.
So we moved to his ‘new’ facility, which by the way is full of products of almost every brand out there. The ubiquitous Megs. Dura, Poorboys, the BMW of detailing – Menzerna and then the McLaren of detailing – Scholls Concepts! I was literally drooling over the products he has there. All neatly stacked out on racks.

We were taken through the wash process. Simple 2 bucket wash with Ultima Waterless Wash (UWW). He had three very knowledgeable people working with him. This was also the time when I saw first-hand the power of a waffle weave towel! – It was freaking amazing the way it dried the car in a few minutes.

Then guru walked us through the paint evaluation process. He used a PTG (Paint Thickness Gauge) and it is a nice tool to have in a professional detailer’s arsenal - now on our shopping list as well. The paint thickness of the Vista was pretty good and it has a lot of clear coat to work with. So no problems there.

Then there was a session with a proper whiteboard approach to types of paint defects, explanation on what are polishes, compounds, waxes, etc. For me, it was not new knowledge, but the explanation certainly helped the others to clear their doubts.

This is where we also got introduced to ElastroFoam – and does it work wonders. Easily, the best ‘claying’ product I have used. Drop it – no problem, just rinse and continue. The Surface is pretty well cleaned and the plastic bag test – passed or shall I say aced. Me for one, I highly recommend this product, already ordered a few for ourselves as well.

Then, we moved on to machine polishing. For me, I work regularly with elbow grease. Use the DW443 as well for corrections but a bit skeptical about using the rotary. He then asked his team to explain the steps they were doing and we also got a lot of hands on polishing experience. I for one gained a lot of confidence with the rotary – it was then I realized that I did know how to use it but just lacked the confidence to do it. For the others, it was a great time learning the nuances of machine polishing. Mohsin is a Flex guy (and I probably heard him saying the word Rupes) The 3401 VRG is a beast when it comes to polishing. With about 4 hours or so of hands on practice, we were done polishing the car.

We used the Scholls Concepts products and they are a treat to work with. No powdering, break down gradually, offer precise levels of cut and you can just vary the aggression by switching pads. The M105/205 is left in the dust (pun intended) by these excellent products which very soon are going to be a part of my arsenal as well. The Spider pad which we used has amazing cut and is perfectly suited for heavy correction but can also be used for jewelling! You just need to change the compound.

Post correction, a wipe down, followed by Four Star UPP – this is a product which I will highly recommend for anyone looking for a slick, deep gloss. It blew my mind. The pictures below won’t do perfect justice (taken from the IPhone) but seriously it has to be seen to be believed.

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_3864.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_3870.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_3872.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_3873.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_3877.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_3878.jpg

Overall it was a weekend well spent, and though it was tiring, the senses were abuzz with all the new knowledge we gained and the improvements we made to our skills, we felt that Ultimate Detailerz has a professional detailing training academy for budding detailers and gives a chance to learn detailing while actually getting a car detailed. Hopefully the knowledge will help us when we detail cars!

Last edited by torquecurve : 15th June 2014 at 17:54.
torquecurve is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 22:00   #179
BHPian

Awesome job Mohsin! Seeing this thread after long time. And believe me that I am missing Bangalore more than even now
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 11:46   #180
BHPian

My XUV went for C-Quartz protection.. and here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-pic1.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-pic2.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-pic3.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-pic4.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-pic5.jpg  

Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks