Re: The Bicycles thread

Hi Poornavakra,

If you could pl let us know which Decathlon center(s) have the 'pitstop'
or how / where to check on same

Thanks,
ysjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poornavakra View Post
...Got to know that they have started a initiative called pitstop which is free and open 24 hrs a day for the cyclist to repair the cycle themselves. It seems to have many of the tools available to do a quick repair if you know how to repair .
Old 12th June 2022, 21:54   #6947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysjoy View Post
Hi Poornavakra,

If you could pl let us know which Decathlon center(s) have the 'pitstop'
or how / where to check on same

Thanks,
ysjoy
This is in Mysore Road. I heard them saying this is the first one and they have plans to do it across all other centers in Bangalore.
Poornavakra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 12:52   #6948
BHPian

Mode note: Trimming quoted post, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poornavakra View Post
Thanks everyone for the responses.
===
It seems to have many of the tools available to do a quick repair if you know how to repair .
Glad that we could be of some help. Hope you had a good time.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th June 2022 at 13:09. Reason: Trimming quoted post, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.
Old 14th June 2022, 17:43   #6949
BHPian

Went for a ride near a farmhouse past Nelamangala last weekend. Love my Montra Downtown Hybrid, was a breeze to manage on tarmac and off it.

The Bicycles thread-img20220612wa0016.jpg
Sudarshan42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 18:13   #6950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Instead why not go for puncture proof tires - Conti Gatorskins, Schwalbe Marathons, Duranos, etc. That strategy has worked wonderful for me; my Schwalbe Duranos went puncture proof for many years till end of last year when they started failing. Replaced them with Conti Gatorskin Hardshell; hoping for a similar puncture-proof experience.
Moving discussion back to this thread.

I have used Gators earlier and I agree they are puncture proof! But after riding Rene Herse's smooth rolling Bon Jon tires, I cannot go back to Gators. Besides, they are a pain to get off the rim when you eventually have a flat.
Old 14th June 2022, 18:16   #6951
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Besides, they are a pain to get off the rim when you eventually have a flat.
Agree 100%. It was a pain to put them on on the first time. Putting my Duranos instead was a breeze.

I guess I'll open the floor to get feedback on tubeless tires if anyone reading this thread has used them - hopefully you'll get some feedback eventually.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 18:37   #6952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess I'll open the floor to get feedback on tubeless tires if anyone reading this thread has used them - hopefully you'll get some feedback eventually.
Thanks.
So, my confusion is because I am hearing conflicting opinions about them. At least 3 experienced riders hvae vouched for tubeless setup. but my local bike shop doesn't seem too keen on it. I wonder if they lack the expertise to set up tubeless tires, although that should not be the case since they have been in business for a long time now.
Old 14th June 2022, 18:37   #6953
BHPian

Does anyone know of a laptop bag which can fit the frame of a bike (as opposed to hanging a laptop bag on your back)?
Old 14th June 2022, 19:02   #6954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
Does anyone know of a laptop bag which can fit the frame of a bike (as opposed to hanging a laptop bag on your back)?
Decathlon has one which fits on bike pannier, it is water resistant 15L capacity.

https://www.decathlon.in/p/8388005/s...r1_C&utm_term=

Last edited by silverado : 14th June 2022 at 19:06.
Old 15th June 2022, 09:16   #6955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Decathlon has one which fits on bike pannier, it is water resistant 15L capacity.

https://www.decathlon.in/p/8388005/s...r1_C&utm_term=
Thanks. This seems to fit on to a rear carrier? I was looking for something that fits the triangular frame in the front instead. Something that can be attached to the 3 pipes of the triangle.
Old 15th June 2022, 10:47   #6956
BHPian

Off Topic: Does anyone know what happened to our beloved doc ebonho? The last post was in Feb 2022 on another thread (Xpulse 200 4V).
carthick1000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 10:56   #6957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Off Topic: Does anyone know what happened to our beloved doc ebonho? The last post was in Feb 2022 on another thread (Xpulse 200 4V).
I dropped him a PM on whatsapp to check with him if everything is fine. I was in touch with him till last week on whatsapp & he even congratulated me on my new bike on last Saturday (11-Jun-2022). Hoping to hear from him soon. Will keep you posted.

Edit: Just now got to know that Doc has taken a sabbatical from this forum. If anyone wants to reach him for their problems/ advice etc please reply me privately and I can share with you his contact details.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 15th June 2022 at 11:26.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 11:21   #6958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
I was looking for something that fits the triangular frame in the front instead. .
If you are looking for such an arrangement i assume your laptop is 13/14inch in size, still finding something that would fit in triangle seems impossible to me. You can use the laptop case and modify it to attach to the pipes to see if this works.

Quote:
Thanks , even i have been really curious to know why he has been so silent. This is a thread where doc has been very active on almost daily basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hoping to hear from him soon. Will keep you posted.
Thats nice to know
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 11:26   #6959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Many active/senior bhpians take hiatus from the forum - this is seen multiple times, across the years. Doc was busy preparing for a big race/event IIRC. Might have taken the time off the forum to focus on it and other matters. He's active on Strava and other social forums I guess, so it's not he is unreachable; just off TBHP for a while I guess.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 11:32   #6960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many active/senior bhpians take hiatus from the forum - this is seen multiple times, across the years. Doc was busy preparing for a big race/event IIRC. Might have taken the time off the forum to focus on it and other matters. He's active on Strava and other social forums I guess, so it's not he is unreachable; just off TBHP for a while I guess.
You are right ninjatalli. He's taken a break from posting for personal reasons but is happy to help one on one should anyone want to reach out. You can send me a PM and I can share with you his contact details.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks