Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2022, 07:02   #6976
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

I got a ST30 for myself and a ST20 for my wife. I was able to make a more informed choice thanks to all the information in this thread and this forum. We went all over the place in terms of budget before deciding on decathlon and these two models.

We aim to use these cycles to get into a more fitness oriented lifestyle, and maybe use them for commuting. Both of us are seriously out of shape and middle aged.
hajaar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 06:53   #6977
Senior - BHPian

Wow bikes are in high demand and supply is really low. Not helped by the fact that I am looking for something specific and increasingly rare. My requirements are simple. A carbon frame road bike, not older than 2019, with rim brakes and atleast Shimano Ultegra or its SRAM equivalent. My first choice, Canyon Ultimate CF SL was supposed to be available for 11 July, but now they are saying August 15. My next choice was the Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1, which was available at a local retailer, got sold the morning Canyon pushed their availability date. So, I found a decent deal for the same bike on Proscloset, which was a 2020 model and $800 cheaper too. I decided to wait a day for some reason and that bike was gone too! I've been checking Facebook, CraigsList and EBay but nothing meets my criteria.

I've given up on hunting and decided to wait till either the Canyon or the Giant are back in stock.
amitoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 22:31   #6978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Wow bikes are in high demand and supply is really low. I've been checking Facebook, CraigsList and EBay but nothing meets my criteria.

I've given up on hunting and decided to wait till either the Canyon or the Giant are back in stock.
When I was checking bikes (from India) at US retailers I faced same problem. I was first hooked onto Canyon hybrid which was out of stock and it got pushed when I was about to pay. In retrospect that worked out well! Same with Giant and Trek. So I scavenged CL and OfferUp and found a few. Of course my requirements weren’t that narrow but search turned out to be more difficult than I thought.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 13:19   #6979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
my new bike on last Saturday (11-Jun-2022).
BTW, I tried to see your post introducing the bike, quick review, the damages etc., but don't seem to find it. Rather there are quite a few posts on rides that you did using it. Care to share the details on the bike?
Old 12th July 2022, 14:02   #6980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
So I scavenged CL and OfferUp and found a few. Of course my requirements weren’t that narrow but search turned out to be more difficult than I thought.
I've been checking out FB, CL and Ebay as well, but it's impossible to find one in my size (6'2" with 35" inner leg length)

And on top of it, my Diverge's front tire has been losing air slowly. There is no puncture on the tube, changed the tube regardless, took it to the local bike shop as well, and yet, it is losing air. The mechanic did show me some dry rot setting in on the tire but nothing that would cause air to leak ever so slowly.
Old 12th July 2022, 14:16   #6981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I've been checking out FB, CL and Ebay as well, but it's impossible to find one in my size (6'2" with 35" inner leg length)
How far do you look for feasible options? In the past, I have gone to neighboring cities (upwards of ~100 miles) to get good used options. More than once I have found the option I want through this route (across India & US).
Old 12th July 2022, 14:50   #6982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
BTW, I tried to see your post introducing the bike, quick review, the damages etc., but don't seem to find it. Rather there are quite a few posts on rides that you did using it. Care to share the details on the bike?
Sure Shipnil. Actually I didn't post my bike's details on this thread but posted it on the thread "Re: Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!". Quoting myself from that thread below, where you get the details about pricing and initial impressions of the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
On a side note, last weekend I picked up my new Scott Addict 30 bike from Pedal Drive in Pimple Saudagar. Cycle price quoted was 2.3 lacs, got it for 2.25 lacs + a bunch of accessories (free of charge). I am still keeping my current Marin Farifax SC1 for group rides, weekly errands etc. The Scott will be mainly used for solo & ghat rides. Many thanks to our fellow TBHP member, Dr. Ebonho for answering my stupid queries very patiently and helping me choose the right bike for me.

This Scott is Carbon frame & fork, weighing at 8.6 kilos. Everything is Shimano 105 (groupset, crank, brakes etc). Brakes are hydraulic discs, with great stopping power. Tires are Shwalbe One 700 X 32C. Seat post, stem & other components are Syncross. Sharing below few pics of the pooja & my first long ride on it today morning.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 14:35   #6983
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, looking for a battery kit for a Montra. Does anyone have info on this ?

note: conversion into e-bike. Is it possible ?

TIA

Last edited by condor : 13th July 2022 at 14:37.
Old 13th July 2022, 15:14   #6984
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Yes it is possible.
But expensive.
There is a chap with a big bike shop in HSR 19th Main Road. Padmavathi International. Bipin. You can reach him on +91 96865 54438. He stocks lots of different bikes in his shop.
And he also does conversions to e bikes.
Its an expensive game though. He last quoted about 25-30K for conversion including all the materials and modifications and labour and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, looking for a battery kit for a Montra. Does anyone have info on this ?

TIA
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 15:59   #6985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's as feasible as converting our ICE cars to EVs. Not worth even putting effort in this direction.
Old 13th July 2022, 16:06   #6986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes it is possible.
But expensive. There is a chap with a big bike shop in HSR 19th Main Road. Padmavathi International. Bipin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
It's as feasible as converting our ICE cars to EVs. Not worth even putting effort in this direction.
Thanks, Shankar & Ninja.
Query was on behalf of my BiL. Shankar, will speak to him and pass on the response.
Old 13th July 2022, 20:49   #6987
BHPian

What will be a good 1x upgrade on a triban 100 flatbar? I'm looking to increase spread of gear ratios, especially the climbing gears. Don't feel the need to upgrade the crank and fd. Kindly advice.
Old 14th July 2022, 04:08   #6988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
How far do you look for feasible options? In the past, I have gone to neighboring cities (upwards of ~100 miles) to get good used options. More than once I have found the option I want through this route (across India & US).
Done that but nothing in my size.
I've given up and going to wait for Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8 to be back in stock.
Old 14th July 2022, 12:36   #6989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Its an expensive game though. He last quoted about 25-30K for conversion including all the materials and modifications and labour and all.
THanks, Shankar

Spoke to Bipin. 45k for conversion. Rear hub replacement, 10Ah battery, hub-motor and pedal-assist are the components. 1 week for the work.
Old 14th July 2022, 13:44   #6990
BHPian

Quote:
THanks, Shankar

Spoke to Bipin. 45k for conversion. Rear hub replacement, 10Ah battery, hub-motor and pedal-assist are the components. 1 week for the work.
Why will one go through all this trouble when you can get off the shelf electrics without any price compromise ?

https://www.herolectro.com/
https://www.outdoors91.com/electric-bicycle-meraki

and many more that come with factory warranty and more so the components will be an exact match.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks