Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2022, 15:26   #736
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
Can you also have a close look at your Bonnet? Once I got it home, it looked like there was a bigger gap between the bonnet and the side walls. Although everything looks aligned & in-line, I am not sure if this large gap (my finger almost fit in) is normal for the UC ?
See photos attached and compare with yours. The gap is not as big as it seems.

BTW regards to doors. It closes normally. I just checked. Can you upload a video of yours closing the doors.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-20220826_151300.jpg  

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-20220826_151305.jpg  

Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 13:40   #737
BHPian

Is there a way to decode VIN for Mercedes CKD cars? Not many sites out there can decode it and the only one that can is indicating that the YoM (Year Of Manufacturing?) is 21/1 (Jan 21) which is very wild for a brand new car.
Old 21st September 2022, 14:00   #738

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
Is there a way to decode VIN for Mercedes CKD cars? Not many sites out there can decode it and the only one that can is indicating that the YoM (Year Of Manufacturing?) is 21/1 (Jan 21) which is very wild for a brand new car.
Hi .. I am in the same boat , unable to verify VIN of the merc CKD I have booked . I also got a YOM of 21/2 which is again not possible .
Old 21st September 2022, 15:39   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus3737 View Post
Hi .. I am in the same boat , unable to verify VIN of the merc CKD I have booked . I also got a YOM of 21/2 which is again not possible .
I thought of reaching out to you directly but looks like you don't have DM facility and haven't enabled email messages. There's something called "Form 22" which should have this info. I am going to ask that from my dealer. Let's see.

PS: Are you able to squeeze out any discounts for your purchase?
Old 21st September 2022, 17:35   #740

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
I thought of reaching out to you directly but looks like you don't have DM facility and haven't enabled email messages. There's something called "Form 22" which should have this info. I am going to ask that from my dealer. Let's see.

PS: Are you able to squeeze out any discounts for your purchase?
Hi I have activated email msgs now , U can send a email now , I can’t find a way to send you .
magnus3737 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 12:08   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Cross-posting.

Folks seeing posts of dealerships rejecting requests for PDI. Is this allowed? Or do we have laws or avenues to contest this ( for sure this is not ethical)
Posting regarding PDI experience from Tafe Skoda St Marks road Bangalore - very seamless and straightforward experience. SA/Manager were very professional with PDI, they gave me options of going to Stockyard or bringing vehicle to Showroom. I went to the Stockyard and was connected with a senior Manager who assisted. However since their stockyard was full, there was very little space for doing a proper PDI. Dealership was polite and offered to get the car over to the showroom next day and they let me take my own time to do a proper PDI. One small issue in the car that I noticed many days later after payment , the SA handled it well, and is taking necessary steps.
Old 18th October 2022, 16:06   #742
BHPian

Went for a PDI for our Candy White Style 1.5 DSG.
I was armed with the TBHP PDI checklist and Wildon's VIN Decoder, and MY OH MY, I could not stop smiling with glee as our Kushaq rolled in before us.
It passed the checklist with flying colors, except for a couple of things:
1) Using the VIN Decoder, i figured the car was manufactured in Jun 2022, but the sticker on the car wrote May 2022. Is this, coupled with the fact that it is a 3-4 month old manufacturing, a point of concern?
2) The front passenger door was squeaking a bit, which the the SA said was because the car was just washed? does that reason make sense? If yes, why only the FL door?
3) A metal rubbing noise when suddenly braking at crawling speeds. No such noise when slowing the car to stop when driving at normal speeds. Reason given was that the brakes are new and this would go away once they were settled in, but IMO it felt like this was suspension noise.
4)After the TD, was checking the engine bay and pavement for any leaks when noticed a little bit of water dripping down from about the middle of the vehicle. SA told that this was water from the AC unit.
Old 27th October 2022, 17:11   #743

Need urgent help. I have booked Skoda Kushaq and will make full payment from my account (no loan). I have paid refundable booking amount already. The dealer is requesting me to make full payment when the car has not yet arrived at his yard. He is saying I can do full check up before the car is sent for RTO registration. Should I insist upon checking the vehicle before making the full payment or is it ok to make the full payment now and do the check up before the car is sent for registration? Please share your advice. Thanks.
Old 30th October 2022, 08:46   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt View Post
I have paid refundable booking amount already. The dealer is requesting me to make full payment when the car has not yet arrived at his yard
Do not pay any other amount unless done with proper physical inspection (follow PDI checklist). Once payment is released, you have to keep the car even if it has any issue or damage. Read this thread again, so many BHPians warned
India2022 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 10:50   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Need urgent help. I have booked Skoda Kushaq and will make full payment from my account (no loan). I have paid refundable booking amount already. The dealer is requesting me to make full payment when the car has not yet arrived at his yard.
Not advisable. Once you make the full payment, the dealer will be less worried about ensuring your delivery experience and any issues found during PDI. We too booked a Kushaq and the full payment was done only after the PDI.
StigsIndianCuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 15:26   #746

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigsIndianCuz View Post
Not advisable. Once you make the full payment, the dealer will be less worried about ensuring your delivery experience and any issues found during PDI. We too booked a Kushaq and the full payment was done only after the PDI.
Looks like I should have waited. The dealer mentioned that there are only a few units are available and asked me to do full payment. After reading this thread, I secured a commitment on email from him that if before registration, the car is not up to my satisfaction, the complete amount is refundable.

Today, I got a message from someone from the dealership team (not the sales executive) saying that my preferred vehicle is not available and there is a price hike. From what I know, the price hike is to come into effect from 1st Nov. The full amount was debited from my account today (31st Oct). So today they should invoice the car and I should get the current price, right?

There might a real be shortage of cars but the whole process is making me nervous. I have still not received VIN details and the sales executive is saying I will get it today. I am in two minds now if I should just cancel the deal. But not sure how cancelling that will play out.

Can someone please advise me about how I can handle this?
Old 31st October 2022, 16:21   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like I should have waited. The dealer mentioned that there are only a few units are available and asked me to do full payment. After reading this thread, I secured a commitment on email from him that if before registration, the car is not up to my satisfaction, the complete amount is refundable.

Can someone please advise me about how I can handle this?
Registration would require you to sign some documents and also share some KYC documents. DO NOT SIGN ANY NOR HANDOVER ANY documents at this stage till you get VIN details and till you do your PDI thereafter.

You have paid full amount ok. But you can still get this back if PDI is not satisfactory.
Old 31st October 2022, 17:56   #748
BHPian

Quote:

There might a real be shortage of cars but the whole process is making me nervous.
I don't know about shortage. When i went to take delivery of our kushaq i took a ride around the dealer compound and around the back i could see maybe 50 or so brand new, Candy White Kushaqs. Different trims, but still i was shocked.
Old 3rd November 2022, 11:09   #749

Hello everyone,

I booked TATA Nexon XZ+ (HS) Petrol Manual on 31st October 2022. SA allotted the vehicle on the same day sharing the chassis and engine number over email. I requested PDI before the final payment, and he agreed. The dealer is KHT Motors, Whitefield. I am worried about the inspection as this is my first car purchase. I would like to be vigilant, but another expert hand would be helpful. If anyone around Whitefield is willing to help me in the PDI, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

P.S. The PDI date is not yet confirmed by the SA.
Old 5th November 2022, 11:31   #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogg_23 View Post
Hello everyone,

I booked TATA Nexon XZ+ (HS) Petrol Manual on 31st October 2022. SA allotted the vehicle on the same day sharing the chassis and engine number over email. I requested PDI before the final payment, and he agreed. The dealer is KHT Motors, Whitefield. I am worried about the inspection as this is my first car purchase. I would like to be vigilant, but another expert hand would be helpful. If anyone around Whitefield is willing to help me in the PDI, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

P.S. The PDI date is not yet confirmed by the SA.
The loan is approved by SBI. Before we sign the final documents in the bank, we would like to do PDI and confirm if the Nexon is in good condition. I have created an extensive list of checkpoints to do PDI. I will share the list here. I informed the loan approval details to the SA, and he allotted 7th Nov (Monday) at 11.30 AM for PDI. If anyone in the neighborhood of Whitefield is willing to help me in PDI, please send me a personal message. I will post my findings on Monday once the PDI is done.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDI checklist.pdf (89.5 KB, 843 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks