Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2021, 11:28   #676
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List

Hi all,

I booked Mahindra Marazzo on April 2021 and finally after two months of waiting period and two months of lockdown, the vehicle reached the dealer. I have a small query regarding this.

As per the dealer, it is there at the dealer's common service centre for the past one week. The delivery is getting delayed because, the company needs to do stock transfer and the company officials need to do PDI before the dealer can work on fixing accessories and send the vehicle for registration. They told that the process needs 4 days. Is this the common practice across all dealers and all brands??? Someone can throw more light on this.
msa.30789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 14:13   #677
BHPian

Hi, The PDI list is not opening, neither pdf, nor excel. Can someone please forward?
Saminxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:25   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminxs View Post
Hi, The PDI list is not opening, neither pdf, nor excel. Can someone please forward?
Not able to send you via PM. Attaching here. Do let me know if that works, or else can share via email.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team-BHP PDI Checklist.pdf (431.7 KB, 2392 views)
IamNikhil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 20:52   #679

A friend of mine is buying the Kia Sonet (from the Kia dealer in Thane) and his car is scheduled to be delivered some-time next week. He has been informed that his vehicle has already reached the stock-yard in Bhiwandi, however the dealer is outright denying PDI of the vehicle and states "this is a common stock-yard for all our vehicles and we do not allow any customers to visit the area"

My friend tried to reason with him, however he has been informed that the pictures of the vehicle will be sent to him, however he will not be allowed to see his vehicle before it reaches the showroom.

I have not seen a dealer being so forceful in regards to PDI inspection. Has anyone else faced such a dilemma OR is this like a common thing?
Old 8th September 2021, 21:52   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4rayan.jagdish View Post
A friend of mine is buying the Kia Sonet (from the Kia dealer in Thane) and his car is scheduled to be delivered some-time next week. He has been informed that his vehicle has already reached the stock-yard in Bhiwandi, however the dealer is outright denying PDI of the vehicle and states "this is a common stock-yard for all our vehicles and we do not allow any customers to visit the area"

My friend tried to reason with him, however he has been informed that the pictures of the vehicle will be sent to him, however he will not be allowed to see his vehicle before it reaches the showroom.

I have not seen a dealer being so forceful in regards to PDI inspection. Has anyone else faced such a dilemma OR is this like a common thing?
There is something fishy going on here. My friend who took delivery of his Seltos was allowed a PDI. Try to pressurise him into letting you conduct the PDI. If he does not accept, try to pressurise him by threatening to cancel the booking of the car. If he doesn’t agree to this I would suggest you to cancel the booking especially considering the numerous complaints against Kia. Of course, since it is your money you could proceed with the matter but I personally wouldn’t suggest that since the dealer is this adamant.

Last edited by M A D over CARS : 8th September 2021 at 21:58.
Old 8th September 2021, 22:08   #681

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A D over CARS View Post
There is something fishy going on here. My friend who took delivery of his Seltos was allowed a PDI. Try to pressurise him into letting you conduct the PDI. If he does not accept, try to pressurise him by threatening to cancel the booking of the car. If he doesn’t agree to this I would suggest you to cancel the booking especially considering the numerous complaints against Kia. Of course, since it is your money you could proceed with the matter but I personally wouldn’t suggest that since the dealer is this adamant.

Thanks! I too find it super strange that the dealer is outright denying PDI. Despite several attempts, his request to do a PDI has been denied.

I did advice my friend to cancel the booking, but I assume that since KIA has many customers waiting on cars, they might allot the car to someone else. Moreover, he has been waiting for almost a year thanks to the semi-conductor shortage + Lockdown that led to delays after delays when it came to his car being allotted.
Old 1st October 2021, 15:33   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4rayan.jagdish View Post

I recently booked the City and as a pre condition before booking, told them that I need to do the PDI in the stockyard. They denied initially but said we'll allow it "as an exception". I don't know what's the fuss about visiting the stockyard.
Old 20th October 2021, 23:00   #683
BHPian

Need some advice here please.

I booked a VW Taigun a couple of weeks ago.
Today I got a call from the SA that it will help if I pay a 5L plus amount right away in getting allocation / delivery preferance faster (??)

All sound ok?

Do I pay full amount a few days before PDI / delivery?

What should I be looking for to ensure that this is indeed the vehicle booked by me? Any way to check that?

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th October 2021, 23:48   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Need some advice here please.

I booked a VW Taigun a couple of weeks ago.
Today I got a call from the SA that it will help if I pay a 5L plus amount right away in getting allocation / delivery preferance faster (??)
Let's be clear, no VW dealer (or any brand's dealer for that matter), can get allocate their deliveries earlier by simply paying money, unless it was an option from the factory (like the Chevrolet C8 Corvette in USA). Do not pay anything until you get to see the car for PDI. Once you're satisfied, then go ahead with the payment.

This is a good example of the side of VW Experience no one would like to see, and please be careful of this!

If the dealer still refuses, go ahead and put out the name here and all will be merry

Last edited by akash_v12 : 21st October 2021 at 00:05.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 18:24   #685
BHPian

Visited Maruti showroom 2 weeks back to check out S-Presso and I asked the sales person on PDI and he told me he can get the car to show room or I can even do PDI in stockyard which he told is in Naigoan (between Bhayander and Vasai).

I have not booked car yet but want to ask that should I do the PDI in stockyard or tell them to get in showroom? I am assuming I first get VIN and then I have to go and check the same VIN car in stockyard right?

I want to also ask what happens if I find something amiss when PDI is done, what is next step since VIN was assigned and all.
Old 28th October 2021, 23:20   #686
BHPian

Hi Bhpians
Basic question since it's been quite sometime since I have bought a new car
In case of buying a car without financing do we do any advance payment to the dealer once the car is alloted/Vin number is received? Or is all payment to be done only after PDI?
Old 29th October 2021, 01:12   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Hi Bhpians
Basic question since it's been quite sometime since I have bought a new car
In case of buying a car without financing do we do any advance payment to the dealer once the car is alloted/Vin number is received? Or is all payment to be done only after PDI?
I don't think you should make any payment apart from the booking amount you would have already paid until you do PDI.

During my recent purchase, I had made it very clear to my sales advisor that I will be doing the full payment only after I do the PDI and am satisfied with the car.

During PDI I noticed some minor issues, which I asked them to fix by the time of delivery. As they were minor, I went ahead and made the full payment.
red_nemesis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 00:23   #688
Senior - BHPian

Hello Folks,

I'll be going for the PDI at dealership stockyard tomorrow for All New Thar. I'm specifically going to look for any issues during the PDI since the VIN indicates this vehicle was built in Jun this year, its almost 4-5 months. It was in the factory all this while, it's been billed a week back and arrived to dealership recently. The reason that M&M is giving that it is because of the chip / semiconductor shortage issue that this car, especially this SKU (the configuration and the color) has taken long time.

I'd like to make sure that I thoroughly check everything I can before making the payment and sending for the registration. I'm going to carry the most recent PDI checklist that someone has shared earlier. However, please feel free to suggest if there are anything that I should be checking and concerned about in this specific case.
Thanks.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 08:39   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Or is all payment to be done only after PDI?
Full payment only after PDI.

I interacted with multiple dealers (~5-7 dealers) for 3 brands: Kia, Tata and Mahindra. Except Kia and one Mahindra dealer, all were completely okay to let me do the PDI at their stockyard before any sort of payment.

I put this as my non-negotiable requirement and said booking will be only done if they confirm that. And since there was at least one dealer allowing that, I had leverage over the others.

Today we may go for the PDI of the XUV3OO that's been allotted to us. The car hasn't arrived as per them, so waiting for their update. We haven't paid anything apart from the 11000 booking amount.

Last edited by krishnakumar : 30th October 2021 at 08:40.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 13:20   #690
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I just received a call from my Jeep advisor about the delivery of my Jeep Compass. He mentioned that the car has just been dispatched from the plant in Pune. I mentioned to him that the car would have been manufactured in October last week or November 1st week and he acknowledged. While he hasnt shared the VIN number, I think he is telling the truth here, hence have not insisted on asking for the VIN right away. He says the car will be delivered to him in about 5-6 days

He did strongly suggest that if we can clear the payment (the outstanding amount is about INR 21.5 Lac.) within the next 2-3 days, he will get the car registered with the HSRP right away as soon as it reaches the dealer stockyard. I asked for the PDI, but he said in that case, the registration will take another 1-2 days and the car delivery to us will taken an addition 2 days or so.

If I do the PDI right after the car is unloaded and hand over a DD/RTGS on spot, can the car not be taken right after that for registration? I am not worried about 2 more days of delay, but just wanted to consult this group. I guess after reading a few more comments, I will insist on doing the PDI first and immediately hand over the balance.

Lastly, when doing the PDI of my in-laws Honda CRV last year, I had missed noticing an issue (despite having the Teambhp PDI checklist in hand), but my father in law noticed a warning light on the instrument cluster and he immediately flagged it to the advisor. It was a warning light for the "Check Engine" and the car was taken to the service center right away and delivered to us later the same day with the warning light fixed. After that experience, I realized that I may easily miss an issue. How do I do the PDI more diligently?

Last edited by aayusht : 11th November 2021 at 13:23. Reason: Read a few more comments and modified my query

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks