Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 21:35   #3556
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
I too am confused and want to buy a dash cam in the upcoming sale with budget for 10k. Also, if I want to use it in the 12V socket, do I need to visit any accessory shop? Kindly note: I have done no DIY stuff in my car yet.
One more thing, if I use it in 12V charging socket, is there any issue of battery drain? My car is Nissan Kicks.

Thanks.
The current draw in a dash-cam when in use is not much and you can safely use it from the 12V socket. No need to visit any accessory shop. The 12V power should automatically turn off with the ignition so even if the dashcam has a parasitic draw, it will not discharge your battery.
rachitagarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 15:20   #3557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooming Flower View Post
Would you please check and confirm the following facts since you brought this camera quite earlier?

1. As I see the P icon on your dashcam display, I assume you hard-wired it with the ACC fuse for parking surveillance mode. Can you record buffered parking video or timelapse video (1 FPS) with this camera now? With the upgraded firmware (mine is 1.0.6ww while the latest international firmware is 1.0.10ww), it's confirmed they removed the ability. And I see in various online forums, this happened with A500S only as 70mai changed the chipset from premium Huawei to cheaper Novatek one. Earlier version of this camera (A500) had the buffered parking video option. Currently, with the hardwire kit installed I find the camera saying entering parking mode after 5 mins when I turn off the ignition and video gets recorded only when there is a huge thud on or near the car to trigger the G sensor of the dashcam. They even stopped supporting parking mode without using their official hardwire kit. But after finding this reality, I feel the parking mode in A500S is just a gimmick now.

2. Can you record 16:9 video with the front cam? I found no option for this. Older 4:3 format is an eyesore on the modern TVs.

3. Is there any way to remove the obtrusive 70mai logo from the videos? I own several dashcams since 2015 and none of them was without the option to remove the logo/watermark. I don't want to advertise 70mai with every clip I record!

1. Yes, I have hard-wired it for parking surveillance. The buffered/timelapse parking surveillance is no more available on this model. They have clearly mentioned that in the Amazon product listing. The surveillance is impact-based now. It'll record for 30 seconds after an impact (you can select, low, medium, and high-sensitivity). I actually wanted only impact-based recording, as the 24hrs recording might drain the battery. It's not completely useless; I could identify a cat that made paw prints on my car

2. 16:9 is not possible with the front cam. Back cam records in 16:9 I think. It's wider.

3. I don't think the 70mai logo can be removed. I think there's an option to turn off the time stamp, speed, geo coordinates, etc (not very sure, need to check this).
Old 1st October 2021, 19:52   #3558
BHPian

I used to have a Blaupunkt dash cam some 5 years back and used a hardwiring kit (DIY). Camera died a year back or so. Looking for a new camera for the Alcazar.
Wanted capacitor based and found the below on Amazon

1. Blueskysea B1W - Rs 5499 /- & hardwire kit additional
2. DDPAI Mini with upgraded Night Recording with Hardwire Kit - Rs 4499/-
3. 70mai Smart Dash Cam 1S Rs 4199/- & hardwire kit additional
So waiting if any discounts with the amazon sale.

I have seen the review here for the B1W m DDPAI and 70mai, so both look good.

Question to user, how is the app for these , in play store reviews there is mention of malware for DDPAI.
How has the app experience been with the users?
Old 5th October 2021, 13:19   #3559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
After delaying the purchase for almost an year, I finally went ahead and got a Made In India dash cam .

Company - Safe Cams. A Pune based company.

Model- Y3S. It has dual camera and comes with hard wire kit. You also get a 64 gb memory card. Also, it comes with capacitor based battery.

Warranty- 1 year. It needs to be registered online.

How to view/download video?- they have partnered with Kacam app to download it via WIFI and watch live preview.

Cost - ₹13500. I got it from Carax, Baner. They are the official supplier for Safe Cams.

Installation- Quite straight-forward. The wires goes into fuse to draw current. No cutting,etc.

Worth it? - I am satisfied with the buy. Lets hope it ages well. As of now the clip size is 1 mt with no option to change. They will provide an update in Kacam soon to set it to either 1,3 or 5 mts.
Thank you for the detailed review.
I am considering getting the same model, Y3S, probably from the same dealer (Carax).
How has been your experience over the past 6 months? Any battery issues?
Did Kacam update to allow for longer clips?

Also a couple of questions:
1. Does it have passive recording full time, or impact based like the competitors?
2. Does it have any time-lapse like options in the app/camera?
3. How is the low light performance?
Old 5th October 2021, 18:06   #3560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Any battery issues?Did Kacam update to allow for longer clips?
Also a couple of questions:
1. Does it have passive recording full time, or impact based like the competitors?
2. Does it have any time-lapse like options in the app/camera?
3. How is the low light performance?
Hey Ashish, my experience is positive till now. No battery issues. Car when not used even for a week at stretch starts with first crank.

For your queries,
1. Kacam still doesn’t allow for longer duration videos.
2. It does have impact based recording.
3. No time lapse setting option in app. We will have to use some 3rd party app for that.
4. Low light performance is nice. I can find and upload a clip, if needed.
abhi_tjet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 13:50   #3561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Thanks for your advice. I am not sure about wiring and will probably stick to front cam only. Will wait for recommendations from others. I checked the last few pages but still confused.
I am thinking of buying the DDPAI Mola N3 with GPS. My XUV500 W11 AT has a front USB port and no cigarette lighter socket. The Nexdigitron customer service executive said I need a 2.1A socket at least. Does anyone have any idea if this socket is 2.1A? I checked with Mahindra customer care and then service center service manager. He's going to get back to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuk View Post
A) Per my understanding, DDPAI has models that support both front and rear cam. You may check other models as well.

B) A dashcam without a small screen is not an issue as it connects with the mobile phone and offers better flexibility and touch-based UI.

C) You may try to fit the dashcam at the back of the rear-view mirror. However, it may depend on the car and its model as well as the dashcam size etc for the necessary space. For this specific dashcam (DDPAI MOLA N3), it may be okay.

Regards,

~/KB
I came across your post while searching for the Mola N3 on team-bhp. I am planning to buy this same modes for my XUV500 and use it without hard wiring through front USB socket. Where exactly is the GPS data stored? The Nexdigitron support person said this is independent of the card and once you connect the mobile app to the camera, the route information is transferred to the app, with GPS and speed. Can this route information be transferred to PC or does it stay in the app only? I also want to use it for security as well as for road trips. Do you still recommend this model or any other one?

Last edited by jesrani : 6th October 2021 at 13:57. Reason: Added quote to another post
Old 6th October 2021, 16:23   #3562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post

1. Blueskysea B1W - Rs 5499 /- & hardwire kit additional

Question to user, how is the app for these ,...
I've been using the Blueskysea B1W for around 3 years now and am pretty happy with it. You can see some samples here. (Which State has the best Highways in India?)

The app is basic but does it's job. It is a little buggy at times and needs to be reconnected to the camera.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 12:29   #3563
BHPian

I want to Install Dashcam for my macan 2020, after going through pages I could not find review of 70mai 4k dual channel, found some reviews on amazon which are not good
can you guys recommend me good dual channel dash cam and how to keep the warranty intact?
Old 8th October 2021, 18:36   #3564
BHPian

I just got the Nippon Dash cam from Amazon. I paid around Rs 5K for it. I already have a 70mai cam at the front. I want to install the Nippon at the rear of the car.

I don’t want to support Chinese as much as I can.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-5cef6e4c464b4f70a7b5dcd309ffdd29.jpeg

Some screenshots from Amazon

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-27a73679e2d54d57be27e4111120988c.jpeg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-b335a51083e4455cad89b91be2c7e8b6.jpeg

Last edited by amvj : 8th October 2021 at 18:46.
Old 9th October 2021, 10:03   #3565
BHPian

Hi guys, so I got myself a ddpai Mola N3 during amazon's great indian sale and installation and cable routing through roof liner and passenger side A-pillar was a breeze. Now the problem is how to connect with it since phone wifi is already occupied by wireless Android Auto? I tried disconnecting android auto from the car and switching wifi to dashcam's on the phone but android auto relentlessly keeps prompting to re-connect to car wifi and not letting anything to be done with the dashcam Has anyone else faced this problem? Any solutions, short of disabling wireless android auto on the phone everytime I want to connect to dashcam?
Old 9th October 2021, 10:20   #3566
Senior - BHPian

Hi, this was just delivered to me. I was told this is the best by actual users. What are the negative reviews you came across? Should I return this? Viofo has been excellent for three years now and so has Blaupunkt, you may try these brands (Both are still working, but I wanted 4K)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
I want to Install Dashcam for my macan 2020, after going through pages I could not find review of 70mai 4k dual channel, found some reviews on amazon which are not good can you guys recommend me good dual channel dash cam and how to keep the warranty intact?
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_8750.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 9th October 2021 at 10:23.
Old 9th October 2021, 10:30   #3567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hi, this was just delivered to me. I was told this is the best by actual users. What are the negative reviews you came across? Should I return this? Viofo has been excellent for three years now and so has Blaupunkt, you may try these brands (Both are still working, but I wanted 4K)
I just saw random reviews on amazon india about disconnection, same thing with me I wanted 4k and this is the only dash cam found, can you post some reviews from actual users
or anyone in Teambhp using this please respond
Old 9th October 2021, 10:37   #3568
Senior - BHPian

Disconnection, as in - it stops working is it? Just called my friends who are using this and they say "camera heats up a bit (Feels warm to the touch). But no other issue as such, please go ahead"
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
I just saw random reviews on amazon india about disconnection, same thing with me I wanted 4k and this is the only dash cam found, can you post some reviews from actual users or anyone in Teambhp using this please respond

Last edited by Sebring : 9th October 2021 at 10:39.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 21:58   #3569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Thank you for the detailed review.
Hi ashishk29, I had their earlier model SC01 from Safe cams which was an excellent product from their stable and the clip duration is 1,3,5 mins. Also, they did come with GPS and an optional 128 GB card and thus the loop time is more. No idea why they discontinued it.
I read this nice review by BHPian Chhanda Das on Y3S which should clear your doubts if any.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-my-creta.html (DIY Install & Review | Y3S Dual Dashcam in my Creta)

Last edited by Aditya : 10th October 2021 at 05:23. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Organic Chlorin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 11:07   #3570
BHPian

Guys, I'm looking to buy Transend Drivepro 230, but it's not available on Amazon. Found it on Tanotis. Is this a genuine site, I've never ordered anything from there.

https://www.tanotis.com/products/tra...b-microsd-card

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks