Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2020, 11:02   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

*Also, any idea how the Mi Body Composition scale (Rs.1999) is ?
I am using the Mi body composition scale since a couple of months. Seems ok for the price.
Not sure how accurate the measurements are but they seem quite precise.

See below some snapshots.
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img20200109wa0009.jpg

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img20200109wa0006.jpg
Old 9th January 2020, 11:15   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking for a basic, inexpensive heart rate monitor/fitness tracker (sleep tracking will be a bonus). I saw the Xiaomi Mi products online and was confused. Can someone decode/explain/compare the features of these and tell which is better/VFM ?

Mi Smart Band 4 - Rs.2299
Mi Band 3 - Rs.1599
Mi Band HRX Edition - Rs.1299

Xiaomi's Mi band series started with the Mi band, which was extremely barebones.
Then Mi band 2 came with a small display (which was a major improvement) and some other features, but it was double the cost.
Mi Band HRX is basically a low cost version of Mi Band 2 with reduced functionality. (It can be avoided, especially considering the price)
Mi Band 3 has bigger display, touch screen and more features compared to previous bands. (This is the most VFM at the moment)
Mi Band 4 has a colour display, this is the biggest improvement over Mi Band 3. (The price is high at the moment, can be avoided)

I am using Mi Band 3 for more than 1 year and very happy with it. It is light-weight, water proof and has amazing battery life. Looks decent too.

I would say, buy the Mi Band 3 and some extra straps in different colours (available online).

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 11:30   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for a basic, inexpensive heart rate monitor/fitness tracker (sleep tracking will be a bonus). I saw the Xiaomi Mi products online and was confused. Can someone decode/explain/compare the features of these and tell which is better/VFM ?

Mi Smart Band 4 - Rs.2299
Mi Band 3 - Rs.1599
Mi Band HRX Edition - Rs.1299

Mi bands 3 and 4 have similar functionality. I have used both. Band 4 has a larger and much better display. Both have a 15 to 20 day battery life if constant heart rate monitoring is not used. Both can track your sleep including deep REM sleep time. Both are quite accurate and a very good value. You can use the Mifit app to track and store your fitness history if you so desire. Between these two, I would recommend band 4 as the display can be read easily outdoors whereas it is hard to read band 3 outdoors. In addition, the display is bigger and looks better.
HRX doesn’t have a hear rate sensor. So I would recommend band 4 but if the budget is tight, band 3 is good as well.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 15:22   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for a basic, inexpensive heart rate monitor/fitness tracker (sleep tracking will be a bonus).
I am using Amazfit Bip since last 1.5 years. I am quite happy with its performance, especially the battery life and 'always on' display. You may want to consider this once before finalizing.
Old 9th January 2020, 15:30   #365
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I am using the Mi body composition scale since a couple of months. Seems ok for the price.
Thanks @vibbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I am using Mi Band 3 for more than 1 year and very happy with it. It is light-weight, water proof and has amazing battery life. Looks decent too.

I would say, buy the Mi Band 3 and some extra straps in different colours (available online).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
So I would recommend band 4 but if the budget is tight, band 3 is good as well.
Thanks @rohan_iitr & @Loborgis, I'm inclining towards getting the Band 3 which seems VFM (Band 4 has a bigger, better+color display and battery though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I am using Amazfit Bip since last 1.5 years. I am quite happy with its performance, especially the battery life and 'always on' display. You may want to consider this once before finalizing.
Thanks @kavensri, I'll skip the smart watch for now and just get the basic fitness band.
Old 9th January 2020, 21:26   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Is the step counter accurate? Does it have any 'sedentary' reminder?

They have also released a 'lite' version and is it anyway better than the 'bip' model?
Old 9th January 2020, 22:11   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is the step counter accurate? Does it have any 'sedentary' reminder?

They have also released a 'lite' version and is it anyway better than the 'bip' model?
I mainly use my smartwatch for sleep analysis and then to get the mobile notifications. It does have sedentary reminder feature. And, i use Google Fit for my 'walk' analysis.

And to answer your other query, you can see the difference between these versions at https://www.gearbest.com/blog/new-ge...s-compare-7386

Last edited by kavensri : 9th January 2020 at 22:12.
Old 10th January 2020, 00:45   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Mi bands 3 and 4 have similar functionality. I have used both. Band 4 has a larger and much better display. Both have a 15 to 20 day battery life if constant heart rate monitoring is not used. Both can track your sleep including deep REM sleep time. Both are quite accurate and a very good value. You can use the Mifit app to track and store your fitness history if you so desire. Between these two, I would recommend band 4 as the display can be read easily outdoors whereas it is hard to read band 3 outdoors. In addition, the display is bigger and looks better.
HRX doesn’t have a hear rate sensor. So I would recommend band 4 but if the budget is tight, band 3 is good as well.
Been using Band 4 for last 3 months. Few things which should sway you towards Band 4. The color display is pretty good and still battery life is almost same as Band 3. I have the heart rate monitor on all the time and still charge every 10 days.

Second is it can use your phone's GPS to accurately track your run, cycling etc. I use Strava to map my walks and cycling sessions and results match with Band 4 stats. Don't think Band 3 has this feature

Third it can be used to control music on your phone. Trust me its a very useful feature if one listens to lot of music from smartphones

Fourth is the notification from your smart phone is displayed on Band 4 and you can actually choose not to pick a call up using the Band itself. I literally operate hands free now a days. Use Bullets 2 earphones and Band 4 to receive calls directly without picking up the phone. I can reject calls directly using the band if needed s well

One needs to have a compatible app to be able to even use the Band 4. As soon as one disconnects the Band from the smartphone it stops working and asks to sync with the phone.

MiFit App doesn't record REM but only deep and light sleep. It records your sleep at night only. It doesn't record sleeping at any other time. Not sure if other apps like Notify & Fitness support these features

Last edited by nibedk : 10th January 2020 at 00:49. Reason: Correction
nibedk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 11:23   #369
BHPian

Any suggestions for a smart watch with ECG monitoring? I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to Apple watch series 5 that works with Android phones.

Heard about Amazfit Verge 2, but it's currently available only in China.

Samsung Galaxy Active 2 has ECG feature, but it seems to be disabled temporarily as they are awaiting US FDA approval.
Old 14th January 2020, 19:40   #370
BHPian

Any here with 'Fitbit Versa 2'? How does it compare against 'Amazfit GTS'?
Both are at the same price point and am looking at a basic fitness tracker which accurately records my daily step count and heart rate.

Please suggest!
Old 20th January 2020, 08:29   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mi Band 4 has a larger and much better display. Both have a 15 to 20 day battery life if constant heart rate monitoring is not used. Both can track your sleep including deep REM sleep time. Both are quite accurate and a very good value. You can use the Mifit app to track and store your fitness history if you so desire. Between these two, I would recommend band 4 as the display can be read easily outdoors whereas it is hard to read band 3 outdoors. In addition, the display is bigger and looks better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Been using Band 4 for last 3 months. Few things which should sway you towards Band 4. The color display is pretty good and still battery life is almost same as Band 3. I have the heart rate monitor on all the time and still charge every 10 days.
Since both of you have used/ are using Mi Band 4, just one quick question, does the band fit perfectly in the charger? I've seen a few reviews on Amazon saying that the band doesn't sit properly in the charging slot and pops out. An early answer would be of great help. Thanks.
Old 20th January 2020, 08:33   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Since both of you have used/ are using Mi Band 4, just one quick question, does the band fit perfectly in the charger? I've seen a few reviews on Amazon saying that the band doesn't sit properly in the charging slot and pops out. An early answer would be of great help. Thanks.
It fits quite well and will not pop out during normal usage. In any case, you will leave it stationary in one place while charging. It fits quite snug and it has never popped out or felt loose.
Old 20th January 2020, 11:47   #373
BHPian

Quote:
No issues encountered so far. It fits snugly and charges in about 75-90 minutes. But unlike a mobile it will fall off or get loose if played around with when on charge. Fit it and make sure its charging and then leave it till it fully charges the watch
Old 20th January 2020, 12:12   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Extending this comparison, have you by any chance checked/compared how these compare to the Honor Band 5i which is slotted in a similar price range? Interested to know as I was planning to buy the Honor one and then came across this thread of Mi Band.
Old 20th January 2020, 21:50   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine does slip/pop put of the charger. I use a rubber band to keep the band in place while charging.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks