Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 18:25   #3646
Senior - BHPian

Do this LG 42 LH60YR has got PIP feature and what is the power consumption?
Presume model LG42 LH 70 YR is fitted with the PIP feature!
Old 8th July 2010, 07:40   #3647
BHPian

42" LCD @ B'lore.

I am in the market for 42"/46" LCD TV. Please suggest some good models and the best place to purchase in b'lore.

Last edited by JMaruru : 8th July 2010 at 07:49.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:19   #3648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Thank for your guidance. A number of other people have also recommended it to me. Must be good.

Can you quote its major specifications, the price you paid for it and the place/source you bought it from.

P.S - And BTW which are the other models that you shortlisted before you bought this one?
Features would include the below (lifted from the manual):

-> IPS pannel - distortion free viewing
-> 1,50,000:1 Dynamic contrast ratio
-> 200 hz trumotion
-> 2 ms response time
-> Advanced - Power Savings features
-> Vivid colors which makes HD viewing a true experience
-> DIVx/xvid/Jpeg/asf/avi/mp4 playback from USB
-> 3 HDMI ports
-> Full HD Playback
-> 5.1 Theatre surround - 8/9 mini speakers - 700 w output

Butbased on my experience, good features would include:

-> awsome viewing experience with Vivid color scheme. Good power savings feature and IPS pannel which was first introduced by LG. Overall the LCD TV is VFM. I got mine from Croma (T.Nagar - Usman Road) for 58k with free TATA Sky SD connection. I had also opted for Bajaj allianz interest free EMI payback scheme.

Now with TATA Sky HD, NAT Geo/Discovery channels are a must to watch.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:37   #3649
Senior - BHPian

The biggest issue with LG is not the panel but the electronics. Barring the LH90 and the new infinias, their image processing engine and associated motion handling is rubbish. They always had excellent panels but their electronics was subpar. Its slowly changing though. Their 2010 tvs are supposed to be excellent.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:36   #3650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I got mine from Croma (T.Nagar - Usman Road) for 58k with free TATA Sky SD connection.
Does it have PIP?

Can you name a few other similar models, from your research that is, too. I want to carry out a comparative study.

P.S - BTW my mind is almost 90% made up in favour of LH 60 YR.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:21   #3651
BHPian

Recently (June 2nd week) Bought LG Jazz atom 26LU11UR for 23K From devi enterprise, Jayanagar. Super pictures, feature. Sound clarity is too good. Tested 26" using different file formats, finally concluded this has best feature. Devi wanted to give 32" Heir for 25K, but when you actually see the clarity, LG is way a head.
Old 8th July 2010, 17:21   #3652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Does it have PIP?

Can you name a few other similar models, from your research that is, too. I want to carry out a comparative study.

P.S - BTW my mind is almost 90% made up in favour of LH 60 YR.
I dont think it has PIP. Also have a look at C series Samsung. But the 42 incher is kinda 10k more expensive than the LG Jazz series. Also try LH 30 / LH 20 series. They are good but arent feature packed when compared to LH 60.
Old 8th July 2010, 18:10   #3653
Senior - BHPian

Is buying HDMI cables from ebay advised as i can see a few low cost ones there.
Also what must be the ideal length of cable and how many are required?
Old 8th July 2010, 18:18   #3654
Senior - BHPian

if you buy any item from ebay, select from the 'Powersellers' (it will be marked there against the sellers name/nickname with special marking) as they always sell genuine products.
ebay will give the Powerseller status only to the first class sellers who enjoy 100% satisfactory report from buyers.!
Old 8th July 2010, 22:28   #3655
Senior - BHPian

Any info about latest price for samsung C450 and panasonic X20?
Old 8th July 2010, 22:32   #3656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The biggest issue with LG is not the panel but the electronics. Barring the LH90 and the new infinias, their image processing engine and associated motion handling is rubbish. They always had excellent panels but their electronics was subpar. Its slowly changing though. Their 2010 tvs are supposed to be excellent.
Don't know if this is related, but when I enquired about catalogue for LG LCDs, Croma and Pai salesmen indicated that they will receive the new ones (catalogue and new models) by mid-July. Anyone else heard so? Any ideas about the impending launches?
Old 9th July 2010, 01:04   #3657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I am in the market for 42"/46" LCD TV. Please suggest some good models and the best place to purchase in b'lore.

I heard that Sony Bravia is a good option in this category, as they come along with LED backlit panel and lots of bells and whistles. Pl. advise.
Old 9th July 2010, 08:08   #3658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Is buying HDMI cables from ebay advised as i can see a few low cost ones there.
Also what must be the ideal length of cable and how many are required?
Q.Length of the HDMI cable?
Would depend on the distance from your DVD/Blu Ray player to your TV input source.
Best is take the exact measurement and add a few feet extra just in case you need to shift it in future, then go for the closest available size meeting your measured requirement.

Q.How many are required?
Again would depend on how many players you wish to connect.
If you have a DVD player you can even use the Component Video input, not much difference between the 2 for a 42" screen and below.
Old 9th July 2010, 09:56   #3659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I heard that Sony Bravia is a good option in this category, as they come along with LED backlit panel and lots of bells and whistles. Pl. advise.
+
with LED backlit, the power consumption will be very low.
I have been checking the details of Sony Bravia KLV-40EX600 and power consumption is only 87 w in operation and this set has got PIP feature
(and many more). whereas other normal lcds consumes more than 150w (LG42LH70YR consume 200w?).
I too are looking for a similar lcd and have been waiting to see some good suggestions in this thread
Old 9th July 2010, 10:36   #3660
BHPian

Hi guys, need some help choosing a monitor for my Desktop in the bedroom....Now i am looking for something which would ideally double up as a normal TV as well soo that i can watch (my fav channels as and when i want without disturbing my folks in the TV room)....

Now i was all set to buy the revolutionary LG Monitor/TV - M237WA for 16k.....But then i stumbled upon a LG 26" LED TV - 26LE5300 which is primarily a TV but also has PC input..... I was amazed by it and i can get it for 26k........

Now the question that arises is..........will the LED TV work properly with my desktop........I know it will do a great job to satisfy my TV needs....But what i want to know is that is it a compromise in any way over a proper computer LCD monitor when it comes to working off my desktop???

Secondly i have a pretty hi-end machine with Geforce9800 graphics card with HDMI port....can i connect this to the LED monitor's HDMI port??? will that work?? or will i have to connect it the normal way through DVI cable??? Which would be better???

I know my above questions might sound a bit naive.....but then i am a noob when it comes to electronics

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 9th July 2010 at 10:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks