Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2010, 22:56   #3616
Senior - BHPian

How much are you planning to spend and what size do you want?
Old 27th June 2010, 06:25   #3617
BHPian

anybody have any good experiences with the panny V20D stuff which has just been launched
VIERA Plasma TV | Digital AV | Panasonic India

I am not quite sure if this is the 2010 line-up cos that is certainly not what they are called outside india.
Old 27th June 2010, 07:56   #3618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC.CUSTOMS View Post
Thanks man i shall surely check them out . If there are any more models you want me to check please let me know .
Thanks
What is your original budget. Check out LG42xx. The picture hue and contrast are wonderful. Also check out Samsung C series *slightly expensive* but do compare LG & Samsung to find which suites you.

Last edited by MutantX : 27th June 2010 at 07:59.
Old 27th June 2010, 17:16   #3619
BHPian

Not sure if this is posted before. Thought I'd share:

Display Myths Shattered: How Monitor & HDTV Companies Cook Their Specs - Page 1 | Maximum PC

Quote:
Not only are displays getting more complicated and harder to understand, but the competition between manufacturers has gotten so brutal that marketing gimmicks—ploys that exploit the average consumer’s technical ignorance—are playing an increasing role in driving sales. The goal of this article is to point out and explain some of the most important myths, misconceptions, and misunderstandings about display technology. Much of what you’re going to read is like the classic tale of The Emperor’s New Clothes. What you’ve been told about the latest and greatest thing really isn’t there, or better, or meaningful, or even visible.
Old 29th June 2010, 12:15   #3620

Extended warranty on LCD TV

Dear All,
I searched but could not find any thread on this. If something is there, I request moderators to shift this Thread appropriately.

I purchased Samsung LCD (32 inch) last week from Reliance Digital (Cunningham road, Bangalore) and the installation person informed me that store is offering 3 years extended warranty at the cost of Rs 3000. The original cost he was telling around Rs 10000, which I am skeptical. However can anyone advise is it worth to take extended warranty on LCD? Installation person informed me that this warranty will cover al services, parts charges in next 3 years. At presently I am not using any voltage stabilizer, do I need to use one?

Please advise
Regards,
Arvind
Old 29th June 2010, 21:11   #3621
BANNED

Hi Arvind,
I've just purchased an LG Jazz 32 inch couple of weeks ago and I was also offered a similiar option for extended warranty which I did not go for. My take - the normal life of these LCD's is proclaimed to be 60000 hours, which effectively means around 6 years 9 months, hence I have reason to believe that such things would not rquire any maintainence for the first 3-4 years of it's life, hence there is no point in spending the extra money on the warranty.
Cheers!
RD
Old 29th June 2010, 21:21   #3622
Team-BHP Support

Did he give you in writing what all is covered (and excluded) from the extended warranty ?
Old 30th June 2010, 00:38   #3623
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Hi Arvind,
I've just purchased an LG Jazz 32 inch couple of weeks ago and I was also offered a similiar option for extended warranty which I did not go for. My take - the normal life of these LCD's is proclaimed to be 60000 hours, which effectively means around 6 years 9 months, hence I have reason to believe that such things would not rquire any maintainence for the first 3-4 years of it's life, hence there is no point in spending the extra money on the warranty.
Cheers!
RD

What is per year rate quoted to you by LG?

Recently i got 42" LED which comes with 1 Yr Warrenty. Extended warrenty option was given to me by LG at rate of Rs 7000/- per year. up to 3 years max.

I am not sure if its really required?
Old 30th June 2010, 01:47   #3624
BANNED

Hey bro, mine is a 32'' LCD and the rate quoted was Rs 2000/- per year, though I refused the extended warranty whereas your's is a 42'' LED, hence the steep difference in the warranty rates too....
Cheers!
RD
Old 30th June 2010, 08:31   #3625
BHPian

On the question of extended warranty my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post1726789 is pertinent.

We are very happy with the LG TV and see no reason why we should change to any other TV till its lifetime.

By December before the one year warranty expires I intend to extend it by the maximum number of years possible then.

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 30th June 2010 at 08:43.
Old 30th June 2010, 09:15   #3626

Guys, I have checked with Reliance digital and they inform that it is comprehensive warranty including all service charges & replacement of parts including LCD panel. What about the use of voltage stabilizer. Is it required.
Old 30th June 2010, 11:15   #3627
BHPian

GOT 32" SAMSUNG Full HD LCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Checked Samsung Plasma and LCD.

-- LCD --> 32" --> Full HD --> 50 Hz --> 39,000 (Can come down)
Any pros / Cons on these models guys ??

Thanx

KALINGA
Hi All,

Just bought the Samsung 32" LCD, C530 model. It is a full HD model.
i got that lcd at 33k at vijaya sales in pune.

One doubt, is voltage stabilizer required for LCD ?
How these LCD take the voltage fluctuation ?

Plese help !!!!

I am using my current SONy home theater on this TV. Will go for a YAMAHA A/V receiver with tower speakar very soon. Vijaya sales also have them and they are offerring me at 39k. this is a tentetive price.

Is it a good price for that home theater (YAMAHA)??

Thanx
KALINGA

Last edited by KALINGA : 30th June 2010 at 11:16.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:59   #3628
BHPian

I was also in a dilemma , whether to purchase a Voltage stabilizer for my LCD. I had enquired with some folks at office , and most of them recommended having one. When you purchase an LCD worth 60k , i dont mind investing 2k for a stabilizer which may protect your investment.

The Vguard Crystal is available for 1600/- at SP Road..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM_DRIVE View Post
Dear All,
I searched but could not find any thread on this. If something is there, I request moderators to shift this Thread appropriately.

I purchased Samsung LCD (32 inch) last week from Reliance Digital (Cunningham road, Bangalore) and the installation person informed me that store is offering 3 years extended warranty at the cost of Rs 3000. The original cost he was telling around Rs 10000, which I am skeptical. However can anyone advise is it worth to take extended warranty on LCD? Installation person informed me that this warranty will cover al services, parts charges in next 3 years. At presently I am not using any voltage stabilizer, do I need to use one?

Please advise
Regards,
Arvind
Old 1st July 2010, 22:11   #3629
BHPian

Hi ,
my budget is around 50-65k so let me know what would be the best deal and VFM t.v which i can get in the mentioned range . How much do 42" sets cost ?
Thanks
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:10   #3630
Senior - BHPian

One basic doubt. Is there any difference between the HDMI input slot of LCD monitor vs LCD TV?

Are they compatible?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks