Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 03:28   #3691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Saw C550 in croma yesterday and was for 66k so with negotiation might had come down.
IMO it lookedreally good if someone wants a 50 inch screen.
ezone.bigbazaar.com has it for 61K. Check if it can be delivered to ur city?
Old 12th July 2010, 08:44   #3692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Its a good TV but its last years model.
Will suggest you to get Samsung C450 which is the 2010model and replacement of B450.
Am also considering the same and trying to find a good deal in ncr.

If your distance is less than 10 feet Hd ready will do for you.
Samsung C450 does not have the fetures as the B450 and seems to be a tuned down version. The Full HD is available at 50 inches only and is priced too much at 85k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
No that is not true. DishTV and SunTV are providing full HD content, but on few channels only. I mean, not all channels transmit full HD content, some do which will have "HD" mentioned specifically. Like Discovery (HD).
Yes, but its said that until the transmission happens on 1080p then it cannot be called as HD telecast. Currently, all the HD telecast is on 1080i or lesser and do not qualify it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
ezone.bigbazaar.com has it for 61K. Check if it can be delivered to ur city?
What is the screensize being discussed here and hope this is a LCD tv? In the samsung site, the c550 variants are available upto 46 inches only and priced at about 93K

Last edited by ikoneer : 12th July 2010 at 08:47.
Old 12th July 2010, 13:52   #3693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post

What is the screensize being discussed here and hope this is a LCD tv? In the samsung site, the c550 variants are available upto 46 inches only and priced at about 93K
I think he is talking about C550 Plasma . Some places quote it for 70k , in Delhi i think it is around 65-68k . I am kinda stuck in a situation in which i dont know what to buy cause for the budget that i have ,it can be a good 40-42 inch lcd or a 50 inch Plasma . Budget is around 67k . Have to fix it in the house lobby . So dont know which of these would be the best bet . If you have any suggestions then please help me out with it .
Thanks .
Old 12th July 2010, 14:27   #3694
BHPian

i wonder what all the hype about flat TV is about? Whatever little i have seen of regular cable TV in flat wide screen TV , it looks ghastly.
I will NOT get swayed by those HD videos they show in TV showrooms. They are from blue-ray/DVD sources anyway.

I will wait for broadcaster to become fully HD before buying a HD flat widescreen TV. Today its a waste of money.
Old 12th July 2010, 14:35   #3695
Senior - BHPian

@WindRide, Watch digital content (cable or dish). Its really good. Anything that has DVD like quality and resolution looks great on big flat TVs.
Old 12th July 2010, 14:46   #3696
BHPian

If your lobby can take a 50' Plasma, get it. The extra 8 inches will make a big difference. I have a Samsung 42' plasma and am very satisfied.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:41   #3697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
If your lobby can take a 50' Plasma, get it. The extra 8 inches will make a big difference. I have a Samsung 42' plasma and am very satisfied.
Yeah it can fit in very easily . But what i wanted to know was that is the burn-in thing fixed in plasma screens 2010 models OR do i have to use break in slides and use the plasma with caution for the first 100 or so hours ? . 50" screen was surely making a lot of difference . This is the only reason why i want to go for Plasma .
Old 12th July 2010, 16:44   #3698
BHPian

There is no burn-in procedure for modern plasmas as long as you use it normally. The problem comes only if you see ONE photo for long periods of time (~10 minutes plus).

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:52   #3699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC.CUSTOMS View Post
I think he is talking about C550 Plasma .So dont know which of these would be the best bet . If you have any suggestions then please help me out with it .
Thanks .
oh ok. The lcd also has the same serial hence the confusion. My first choice is plasma as i feel the picture quality to be much better esp sports and movies. I want to go for 42 but Samsung does not have full hd in 42 plasma so only c550 option.

will 8-10 ft of viewing distance be sufficient for 50 inch?
They say plasma does not long view distance, is it true?

My choice in lcd is la40c630 @69k it has 200 motion rate and bdwise, the 5 series have only 50 motion rate.
I may finalise any of these.

Why dont you look at panasonic they have better features and good vfm?

@proxim, whhat is the model that you have and the price pleasw?
Old 12th July 2010, 17:10   #3700
BHPian

Quote:
oh ok. The lcd also has the same serial hence the confusion. My first choice is plasma as i feel the picture quality to be much better esp sports and movies. I want to go for 42 but Samsung does not have full hd in 42 plasma so only c550 option.

will 8-10 ft of viewing distance be sufficient for 50 inch?
They say plasma does not long view distance, is it true?

My choice in lcd is la40c630 @69k it has 200 motion rate and bdwise, the 5 series have only 50 motion rate.
I may finalise any of these.

Why dont you look at panasonic they have better features and good vfm?
Yeah true that the picture quality is pretty good . I 'think' Full HD is 1080p and HD ready a bit less than that(maybe 720) . I saw the LG PJ350 50" plasma screen (2010 series) and it was good . And the price was around 57k(which might get less to some extent as well) . The quality and features(HDMI ports and USB port)was also good considering the price .But then i heard about SAMSUNG which gives better quality at a slightly higher price .
Oh and for plasma screens the OPTIMUM VIEWING distance is around 8-10ft . At that distance you get the best quality of picture . I think if you go a bit far than that the quality doesnt deteriorate . However when you are too close the viewing quality is surely affected . I heard Panasonic plasmas are a bit expensive . However shall see them as well cause i heard good reviews about them .
Old 13th July 2010, 09:23   #3701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Features would include the below (lifted from the manual):

-> IPS pannel - distortion free viewing
-> 1,50,000:1 Dynamic contrast ratio
-> 200 hz trumotion
-> 2 ms response time
-> Advanced - Power Savings features
-> Vivid colors which makes HD viewing a true experience
-> DIVx/xvid/Jpeg/asf/avi/mp4 playback from USB
-> 3 HDMI ports
-> Full HD Playback
-> 5.1 Theatre surround - 8/9 mini speakers - 700 w output

Butbased on my experience, good features would include:

-> awsome viewing experience with Vivid color scheme. Good power savings feature and IPS pannel which was first introduced by LG. Overall the LCD TV is VFM. I got mine from Croma (T.Nagar - Usman Road) for 58k with free TATA Sky SD connection. I had also opted for Bajaj allianz interest free EMI payback scheme.

Now with TATA Sky HD, NAT Geo/Discovery channels are a must to watch.
Hi,
I was interested in LG 42 LH 60 YR, specs wise its awesome.
I saw a demo of it and here are some observations /questions

1) The primary content i would see on this is SD and sometimes HD(via HDMI PC connectivity). But i am thinking of getting a relatively future ready set with all bells n whistles, that's why looking at this. Am i doing a right thing ? or should i settle with a HD Ready set ?

Some Observations/Questions w.r.t demo that i had.

1) blu-ray content was awesome (ultra smooth picture with no blurriness)

2) Could not check a standard Set-top box signal( note : NOT HD)
Has anybody seen how it looks?( sharpness, motion smoothness?)

3) The demo guy played a standard 680x288 res. Divx thru USB. I found that picture was blurry and bit jerky in this case(atleast from a distance of 2-3 feet). But whatever, i thought the 200Hz thing would kick in and smoothen out everything.

4) I intend to use my Nintendo Wii with this. Wii has a SD output and not a HD output. How will it look on this 42"?

5) I have heard that this set doesn't not play HD Divx, only SD resolution files can be played back. Is that true ?
Also i have heard that the Samsung equivalents can playback more formats(MKV?) and at high resolutions as well. Is it true?
Old 13th July 2010, 13:26   #3702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC.CUSTOMS View Post
The quality and features(HDMI ports and USB port)was also good considering the price. But then i heard about SAMSUNG which gives better quality at a slightly higher price heard Panasonic plasmas are a bit expensive
I went to the OMR, samsung plaza yesterday and luckily they had the c550 model on display. It was quite huge but unfortunately they were not able to play any HD content for me. Looking at regular channels was like watching normal tv, nothing great.

I also looked at the LCD 6 series 40 inches and it was very impressive.

From a layman's eyes, plasma picture looks very dull compared to LCD's bright picture. My wifey insists that we go for LCD and i want to go for plasma. We actually do not need a 50 inch tv as well, but i am somehow hooked to plasma. Though i do not really get the advantage.

Somebody please convince me why plasma is much better than LCD wrt to viewing.

I also found LG's plasma to be good as well. The picture quality was comparable to samsung.

Please check the panasonic, they are not very expensive, the 42inch averages between 60-70k based on the spec and they are also giving very good discounts.

Myth or reality
1. This salesguy in ezone said that, after some time of viewing plasma tv it will cause irritation to eyes and especially bad for children.
2. The heat generated will be very high that it can be felt in the room.
3. Plasma cannot be seen during day time on open lighting, the pictures will not be visible and best viewed at night time only.

Please clarify. Though it sound silly just want to get it thrashed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Hi,
I was interested in LG 42 LH 60 YR, specs wise its awesome.
I saw a demo of it and here are some observations /questions
I did not like the picture quality of this model and the sound quality is very good.
samsung USB can play variety of formats and lg is quite limited in this aspect.

Last edited by ikoneer : 13th July 2010 at 13:29. Reason: Added Plasma queries
Old 13th July 2010, 14:03   #3703
Senior - BHPian

Never ever believe a salesman. He will sell TV's that give him the biggest margins. Today he'll plug for a LG and six months later for Samsung. Plus if he meets his targets they get bonuses, foreign trips etc...

Nonsense. We all watch our Panasonic for very long times. Nonsense with the heat generation. My PS3 generates more heat than the Plasma ever would and my TV is in the hall and I have no problem with lighting. Yes with diffused lighting the TV looks even better.. but that's got nothing to do with clarity of picture, just brightness and contrast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Hi,

4) I intend to use my Nintendo Wii with this. Wii has a SD output and not a HD output. How will it look on this 42"?
I have a Wii with SD output connected to my Plasma 42". Have no problem whatsoever. I've only played the Wii Sports and don't see any problem at all. Picture quality is good and clear.

Last edited by csentil : 13th July 2010 at 14:07.
Old 13th July 2010, 14:37   #3704
BHPian

I am looking for a 50" plasma TV for my home. I was quoted 55k for LG 50PJ650 (any good? HD?), or are there any other options I could look for?...Max budget 60k!

Thanks.
Old 13th July 2010, 14:40   #3705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2. The heat generated will be very high that it can be felt in the room.
I have read above point in couple of tV review from international websites,
but really I dont think how the heat from a tv will affect the surroundings.
But the fact is that Plasma Tvs consume lot of electricity- more the bigger size, larger the power cosumption.

I am also in look out for 42/46' Tv (but I prefer for LCD) and after visiting many websites and reviews (inlcuding this forum), as of now shortlisted following:

LG 42LH60YR - Power consumption 210W - MRP RS.69,990/-

LG 42LD650 - Power consumptino 200W - MRP Rs.81,990/-

KLV 46 EX400 - Power consumption 195W - MRP Rs.88,900/-
KLV 42 EX600 - Power consumption 87 W -MRP Rs.93,900/-
(LED)

The shop fellow is willing to give discount around Rs.4000/4500.

LG42LH60YR- has very good sound output (700w pmpo), however my preference is to go for a home theatre so I am not highly considering the tv sound output instead want to have more VFM and advanced features!

Most Viewed