Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2023, 21:42   #10381
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
How would you rate it after using it for a while. I am scouting for new TVs and this looks like a good one.
Very happy with the TV - only positives so far.
I would recommend you go for the latest L series and the Sony X90L Model.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 21:58   #10382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Thanks. I went and checked it out today. While the display looked great, I couldn’t really judge the audio quality because of the ambient noise in the showroom. How has your audio experience been?
Old 24th October 2023, 23:50   #10383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot View Post
Recently purchased Sony X82L 65 inch TV. Have been trying to install Disney + Hotstar app but no luck so far. It shows me "Disney + Hotstar" app but when I try to install, it takes me to either Disney or Hotstar and says not supported in your region(India). Anyone who has faced similar issue or Disney + Hotstar app in Sony google TV?
Your hotstar issue got resolved?

Do give a small review about the tv as it's been some days you got it. I am considering same model in 55 inches for my living room.
Old 25th October 2023, 09:35   #10384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Your hotstar issue got resolved?

Do give a small review about the tv as it's been some days you got it. I am considering same model in 55 inches for my living room.
Yes the hotstar and other such apps(Jiocinema) issue got resolved. Strange issue and strange resolution. When I had logged in to the google account for the first time, I had used my gmail id which was originally created 15 years back. Each time I would download Disney+Hotstar, it would take me to either Disney + or Hotstar and it wouldn't work. I really scratched my head and thought of logging to a new id. So I created a fresh gmail id and logged in. Voila, all apps worked.

TV Reviews - Pictures are great. 4K, HDR and Dolby Atmos is next level. Watching just a movie and finding so many details in each scene is a great feeling. I have a 65 inch one and just love it. This one doesn't have an OLED as I felt that was too much (3.8 lakhs for 65 inch TV). I haven't tested TV sound much as I have used my Bose Soundbar 900 + Bass Module 700 with this. Since this TV has eARC, Bose setup works even better(my earlier TV just had HD and no eARC). Atmos content and 5.1 sounds like a theater. Sony 65 inch + Bose rocks!!
4WheelPilot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 11:29   #10385
Team-BHP Support

Looking at a 65 inch TV to replace my old Sony Bravia 40inch LCD from 2006.

I was thinking to go for an OLED vs LED just for being future proof.

Any recommendations on 65 inch OLED?
Old 25th October 2023, 12:43   #10386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Looking at a 65 inch TV to replace my old Sony Bravia 40inch LCD from 2006.

I was thinking to go for an OLED vs LED just for being future proof.

Any recommendations on 65 inch OLED?
Two of them.
LG G3.
Sony A80L

If you wish to save some money then last year's LG C2 is a very good option.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 19:29   #10387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Thanks. I went and checked it out today. While the display looked great, I couldn’t really judge the audio quality because of the ambient noise in the showroom. How has your audio experience been?
I use a Samsung Soundbar HW-Q800A for the audio and hence not very familiar with TV sound and how it compares with other TVs. Would strongly recommend going for a Soundbar as well to improve the TV watching experience.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 09:35   #10388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Two of them.
LG G3.
Sony A80L

If you wish to save some money then last year's LG C2 is a very good option.
Thanks. I didn't pick the C2 since the panel is older tech and has the usual problem of OLED in bright room.

The new G3 doesn't have this problem.

Got a quote for G3 for 2.1L as of now. Still negotiating to see if I can get better.
Old 30th October 2023, 11:57   #10389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I recently purchased the Sony X90L since Sony is providing 3 years warranty as part of the festive offer and local store was offering good discounts.

IMO its one of the best VFM high end TVs out there. Since its a FALD it goes really bright and the picture upscaling and quality is amazing.

Google TV OS is user friendly compared to Tizen or web OS.

Audio Quality is nothing to boast about, since I am using a sound bar didn't use it as a parameter to make a decision.
vikramhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 02:12   #10390
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a good 32 inch LED SMART HD TV with maximum warranty.

Can anyone here recommend VU as a reliable TV to buy. I am sick and tired of failing Samsung's so would rather not buy their TV's ever again.

I have also seen TCL, VW and other brands and am totally confused.

My budget is about 15k but willing to increase to 25k for a 43 inch TV instead if it has better specs, picture and sound.

Regards,
SS
Old 16th December 2023, 02:29   #10391
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
I am sick and tired of failing Samsung's so would rather not buy their TV's ever again.
In my opinion, no LED TV is robust & long lasting like the old CRT TVs. A good number of LED TVs start giving problems between 3-5 years. I have seen this also with the "good" consumer appliance brands like LG, Samsung etc.

So I think there is no point in paying the extra premium. It's better to buy any cheaper TV whose picture quality seems decent to you & replace it with another cheap one when it starts giving problems.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 12:36   #10392
BHPian

Seeking guidance on TV purchase since it has been a while that I have had a TV (no kidding )

My last TV purchase was many years back - Samsung 40 inch, non smart. After running well for 3-4 years it just conked off suddenly and required panel change (out of warranty). Was never the same after that and the display just went away again after 2 years and then I finally decided to sell it off since the usage was very low.

Now kids are growing and to keep them off the mobile phones, thinking of getting a good Smart TV. Want them to view it from a distance as opposed to a handset in hand for 1-2 hours (hard to keep them off, but trying to reduce it as much as possible).

Viewing distance can be upto 20 feet from the TV Mount. Space can accommodate at best a 55inch. Looking for any good recommendation between 40 to 55 inch - focus on VFM.

Personally would want to do some gaming in future with either a PS or XBox sometime in 1-2 years (such procrastination is my regular habit ). Did some casual search and found these options:

1) Acer V Series 4K QLED
2) Samsung Crystal 4K Neo Series LED
3) LG Ultra HD Smart LED
4) Hisense Tornado 3.0 LED with 120Hz refresh rate

Budget is ideally under 40K but can stretch a little. Hopping to pick in any upcoming sale (New Year?)

All above are 55 inch options but open to a good VFM deal in lower size too.

Any suggestions from Sony? It seems to be on pricier side compared to others but I guess all other companies have same Panel/hardware except Sony. Is that understanding correct?

Parents may want to watch new or some devotional channels at times but those channels don't have high quality content. So will a 55inch create issues there? Is a 40inch better suited in such case?

For kids, I would play high quality educational videos (either via USB or via HDMI through a laptop or via streaming) at times so looking for good quality and decent sound experience.

Can connect a 2.1 external Phillips system to it if needed for better sound.

Refresh rate of 120Hz seems to be uncommon in this price bracket. Will a lower refresh rate create issues later when I actually do gaming (thought that may or may not happen soon).

Want to have something that can go on for 8-10 years at-least. Last one was a disappointing experience though.

Welcome suggestions!!!

Quote:
I am considering same model in 55 inches for my living room.
How did your purchase go? What TV did you pick?

Last edited by sunilch : 18th December 2023 at 12:40.
Old 18th December 2023, 13:24   #10393
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
My last TV purchase was many years back - Samsung 40 inch, non smart. After running well for 3-4 years it just conked off suddenly and required panel change (out of warranty).
Exactly what I said above
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post5680914 (The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.)

All LED TVs, even the good brands, seem to give problems in 3-5 years - best to buy a cheap one & replace it with another cheap one when the problems start.

I spent 4K to 7K every year from the 4th year till the 7th year with my LG LED before I stopped using it.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 14:12   #10394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Can connect a 2.1 external Phillips system to it if needed for better sound.

Refresh rate of 120Hz seems to be uncommon in this price bracket. Will a lower refresh rate create issues later when I actually do gaming (thought that may or may not happen soon).
A 2.1 sound system could be connected to TV using an AUX cable. If the sound system has 2 input ports, then we need a 2:1 adapter because usually the TV will have only one port for AUX output. These are available in any electrical shop for Rs. 100 or less.

About 120 Hz requirement for games - this is largely a gimmick, because there are very few systems (PC; certainly not PS5 and Series X consoles) that are capable of running a game at 120 fps (at 4k or even 2k). For the handful of games that do support 120 fps output at native TV resolution (which is usually 4k for models north of 43 inches), nothing of value would be lost if they are played at 60, because smooth gameplay depends on persistent framerates not maximum.

Neither PS5 nor Series X, nor their planned "Pro/ Slim" versions in future, have enough CPU power to consistently render a AAA game at 120 fps (high refresh rate is a CPU thing, high resolution is a GPU thing). For perspective, Starfield, a AAA game launched 3 years after Series X and PS5, runs capped at 30 fps only. For more technical details, DigitalFoundry channel on Youtube is referred.

Getting a game to run at 60 fps locked itself is a big deal, leave apart 120. So 120 Hz need not be given that much importance at least for current generation consoles.

Last edited by mayukh42 : 18th December 2023 at 14:14.
mayukh42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:18   #10395
FNM
BHPian

Quote:
Two of them.
LG G3.
Sony A80L
Does the A80L really compare with the G3? I’m also in the market for a 65” top end TV. Would prefer a 77” actually, but 77” prices are Double that of a 65” (of any brand) so I guess I’ll have to settle for a 65”. I’ve been able to have a good demo of the G3, but not the A80L, so asking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks