Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2022, 18:09   #10261
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

My friend is going to Thailand next month. I have heard TVs bought in Thailand will work out cheaper even after paying custom duty.
I am planning to ask him to get me a 75+ inch QLED. Will this really work out cheaper than buying in India? Are there any pitfalls that I need to aware of?
Old 18th November 2022, 18:45   #10262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I too have the same issue and called urban Company. Mechanic has come and assessed the TV and as expected, it's backlight panel issue which needs to be changed and cost is a max 15K. Panel will be from Sony OEM and has to be ordered and replaced and a year warranty will be provided.
As my TV is of almost 10 years W850 series 55 inches and bought around 1.6L. so 15K is a profitable investment, instead going for new TV, to give second life to beloved TV.
So i have asked him to take it their place to fix it. seems it takes 2-3 days to procure OEM panel.
Wait starts and believe, it turns to be good and some more years without issues.
Issue has been fixed for the price of 17K. but now it's display is back but with some yellow tint. all TV messages which used to pure white is of yellowish color.
service member has informed that it will be reduced gradually. other way is to find the white sheet in the display has to be changed. but it's unlikely to get a new one. it could be available from scrap if we are lucky.
Anyone face this kind of issue after fixing backlit panel or any fixation for this issue?
Old 20th November 2022, 20:10   #10263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by casnov View Post
My friend is going to Thailand next month. I have heard TVs bought in Thailand will work out cheaper even after paying custom duty.
I am planning to ask him to get me a 75+ inch QLED. Will this really work out cheaper than buying in India? Are there any pitfalls that I need to aware of?
Yes, TVs in Thailand incredibly cheap for certain models. However, how will this huge TV be shipped? It won’t be possible to bring it in as checked baggage and the customs duties would be high. So I don’t think it is a very good idea.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 11:55   #10264
Senior - BHPian

Dont make that mistake. These guys only look out for Gold and TV. (I often joke that they might ignore Kalashnikovs, but not gold and TV). My Sony cost 70K, and custom duty was 30K. Those days, TVs beyond 55 inches were not put on the plane, had to be cargoed. Travelled to Chennai Customs to get it released.
Quote:
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 12:02   #10265
BHPian

Quote:
I am assuming that you are thinking to get Sony, LG or Samsung as other brands are comparatively reasonably priced. My take would be to opt for a brand like Panasonic, Mi, Vu, TCL or Hisense and buy from any retail shop in India or online. TVs these days are not built to last so the one or two yr warranty would be important. Secondly with bezel less TVs being the norm their shipping from Thailand can be a gamble as they are getting fragile with each new iteration.
Old 13th December 2022, 14:27   #10266
BHPian

Hi all

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this query, but I have not seen any other thread for this query

I have a Sony Bravia smart TV (2016) model. Having ditched the cable, I use it primarily to watch OTT content with Netflix, Hotstar, Prime, Apple TV as the primary content. However, there are a few serials (West Wing, MASH, LA Law) that I don't find in any of these service providers and therefore have managed to download them on my hard disk.
The hard disk is connected to the TV through the USB port which has been provided and I use VLC player to view these serials. The serials are folderized by Series name/Season/Episode. The issue is as follows

I stop or pause an episode while playing and then I switch off VLC player or i move to another app. After some time, when I switch back to the VLC player, the player does not remember where I left off and I have to start the episode from the beginning and fast forward. Similarly, VLC does not retain the history of what I have played and what i have not. Lastly, I need to browse back to the root directory and then start to go to the particular serial directory and search for the episode to play it

Is there a way in which I can avoid the above with VLC retaining playing history, position etc even when the TV gets switched off? If not, is there any other app that can used? I have tried Kodi and it has the same issue

Any help would be much appreciated
Old 15th December 2022, 19:52   #10267
BHPian

Folks, my Sony Bravia 55" Android TV (2020) model keeps getting disconnected from the Wifi at odd intervals. Makes watching live OTT content a big in the gluteus.

Anyone else facing the same issue or has any ideas on how to correct this?
Old 15th December 2022, 21:48   #10268
Senior - BHPian

I have an year old Samsung 50" QLED TV. Facing one weird issue with volume. Last couple of days, I am unable to control volume using the remote, keeps giving error on screen about function not available. Little bit Google search suggested to reset the smart hub which solves the issue but only temporarily. Has anyone else faced this issue and what is permanent fix?
Old 18th January 2023, 10:33   #10269
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.mi.com/in/mi-qled-tv-75/

I bought this mi 75 inch tv last year for my office conference room and been very happy with its size and picture quality.

Thinking about getting another one but open to other brands too.
However for a similar price I can’t find anything with as good specs. If any options, please suggest.

Lastly, since this tv has been around for sometime, is Mi going to release a newer version anytime soon?

Last edited by Sahil : 18th January 2023 at 10:34.
Old 18th January 2023, 11:05   #10270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
https://www.mi.com/in/mi-qled-tv-75/

I bought this mi 75 inch tv last year for my office conference room and been very happy with its size and picture quality.

Thinking about getting another one but open to other brands too.
However for a similar price I can’t find anything with as good specs. If any options, please suggest.
You can check out the VU 75 inch QLED. VU TV's have great PQ and and offer super value for money (75 inch QLED Android TV at 99k)
Ref. - https://www.amazon.in/inches-Premium.../dp/B09V7SZMTJ
Old 20th January 2023, 17:24   #10271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Folks, my Sony Bravia 55" Android TV (2020) model keeps getting disconnected from the Wifi at odd intervals. Makes watching live OTT content a big in the gluteus.

Anyone else facing the same issue or has any ideas on how to correct this?
I faced this issue with my LG 43" LED TV. The Wi-Fi often got disconnected and sometimes there was an error that Wi-Fi is turned off while there is no option to turn it off.

I referred to YouTube and some videos suggested unplugging the wire from Wi-Fi module, clean the jacks and put back. I did it on my own after lot's of thoughts and surprisingly the Wi-Fi issue got resolved.

If you are lucky and there is no major hardware issue then it might be some carbon or moisture that needs to be cleaned.
Old 23rd January 2023, 16:58   #10272
BHPian

Looking to upgrade from my Vu 43 inch led tv. Any reviews on LG A2 48 inch? It is available for 70k on Amazon.
Old 26th January 2023, 20:04   #10273
BHPian

Is there any way to sideload 3rd party applications on LG WebOs? With this OS, the app store is rather limited in terms of the number of apps available.

Last edited by revvharder : 26th January 2023 at 20:05.
Old 27th January 2023, 13:26   #10274
Senior - BHPian

Wow, that sold out pretty fast. Did you manage to buy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
Looking to upgrade from my Vu 43 inch led tv. Any reviews on LG A2 48 inch? It is available for 70k on Amazon.
Old 30th January 2023, 13:07   #10275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Wow, that sold out pretty fast. Did you manage to buy?
It was easily available throughout the Republic Day sale. I just wasn’t sure on the brightness of the panel. I need to check it offline first.
cryptarchy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks