Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2022, 23:55   #10216
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sony A95K vs LG G2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Thank you.
I have got Sony 65A95K finally and just got it installed today. It has amazing picture quality I'd say.
I always thought LG is on top of the list when it comes to customer care. Also, since it's the only manufacturer of WOLED, thought they would easily be able to support customer issues.
I've just started to set things up with Sony A95K now, I'm using my NVidia shield pro for now and going to setup my AVR and speakers soon. I'll share more details with the overall experience soon.
Our experiences with LG customer support was always top notch abroad but sadly it's very lacking in India. We ended up buying a whole lot of things from LG for our new house too because of our experiences abroad and it was only later we realised that India is apparently not a priority for them. Our new refrigerator from LG also stopped working after a year and had to have its compressor replaced. Mind you these are not budget products bought in a clearance sale either but rather all top of the line products. Fingers crossed nothing happens to them.

Other than that, I'm very happy with the TV. Picture quality is great for both movies and games and they keep releasing software updates regularly.
Old 20th October 2022, 10:25   #10217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.
I have got Sony 65A95K finally and just got it installed today. It has amazing picture quality I'd say.
I always thought LG is on top of the list when it comes to customer care. Also, since it's the only manufacturer of WOLED, thought they would easily be able to support customer issues.
I've just started to set things up with Sony A95K now, I'm using my NVidia shield pro for now and going to setup my AVR and speakers soon. I'll share more details with the overall experience soon.
How much did this work out to finally?
Old 20th October 2022, 11:51   #10218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Has anyone had a look at the LG A2 model?

https://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-oled65a2psa
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/a2-oled

What do you guys think? 1.5 or less for the 65 OLED seems interesting for a pure YouTube/streaming services viewer.
I have seen many getting A series just for the purpose of pure display, It's got two major things to consider, less brightness so have to be watching in dim lit room and refresh rate when compared to B series.
I think there is no major diff in terms of cost with B series, look at that and see if it compares well with the kind of budget difference between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
Why not check out the C2 which is almost similar to the G2 and cheaper too? RTINGS says the difference between the two is minor. In my opinion, the C2 makes more sense than the G2. Regarding the Sony A95K, it's a new QD-OLED Panel by Samsung and is untested:
https://Youtu.be/kFvU8Rk7mwo
But if you want a TV with the best color out there and have no problem with its price, Go for it.
Right, I was looking at the G2 over C2 since the price difference came down to nearly none, I'd have gone for G2 either way since it seems to have heatsink and may be better assurance on longevity over C2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
How much did this work out to finally?
I've got this for 2.45L after the cashback. If I close the EMI/loan earlier, let me see if it fetches me further discounts on interest that I save!!
I'm part of couple groups who are planning to execute a group buy. We have brought the 65G2 all the way down under 1.7L Please message me if you want to get that as part of that group, you can get B2/G2 the size you want as part of that deal, at least see what's the quote for the model/size you are looking at.
Ketan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 12:00   #10219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I've got this for 2.45L after the cashback. If I close the EMI/loan earlier, let me see if it fetches me further discounts on interest that I save!!
I'm part of couple groups who are planning to execute a group buy. We have brought the 65G2 all the way down under 1.7L Please message me if you want to get that as part of that group, you can get B2/G2 the size you want as part of that deal, at least see what's the quote for the model/size you are looking at.

That is insane value! I had to pay around 2.5L for my 65inch LG CX which is a step down from a G series.
Old 20th October 2022, 12:06   #10220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Kindly please as I would like to participate in this group buy for under 1.7L for the 65G2! It is pretty good value then!

I will also DM you now.

Many many thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 23:31   #10221
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Purchased the Sony Bravia XR-X90K 65 Inch TV @ less than 1.2 L after Cashback of 7,500 on Credit Card. Looks like good deals running in offline shops for all TVs currently.

Delivery / installation should happen tomorrow
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 15:11   #10222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Purchased the Sony Bravia XR-X90K 65 Inch TV @ less than 1.2 L after Cashback of 7,500 on Credit Card.

Delivery / installation should happen tomorrow

That's a pretty good deal. Prices on premium TVs are very competitive this year, especially considering the dollar appreciation. Manufacturers are really trying to bring in the volumes.
AdhikR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 17:49   #10223
mxx
BHPian

How good are the Hisense QLED TVs?

Last edited by mxx : 24th October 2022 at 17:54. Reason: correction
Old 28th October 2022, 23:16   #10224
BHPian

I just bought a Samsung 55” BU8000 UHD for ₹50666 after bank instant cash back. I believe this would have been 2k cheaper had I bought on Diwali days. Though the sales person was pitching more for Sony X75k I was somehow not inclined towards it as I felt the picture quality is more bright in samsung tv’s. This is the new 2022 model and comes with the 6.5 Tizen OS which is better than 2021 models.
Hope samsung is upto its mark and standards of world’s no1 for its sales in TV’s.
Old 1st November 2022, 22:26   #10225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
I just bought a Samsung 55” BU8000 UHD
Just checked the spec of BU8000. Refresh rate is 50Hz while that of most models in same range from other companies is 60Hz. Is there any visible difference due to this
Old 1st November 2022, 23:12   #10226
BHPian

I have a 42" Panasonic 3D plasma TV (UT50D series) 10 yrs old. About two years back, I noticed a thin straight vertical line right in center of screen, but its not bothering much in most scenes, so ignoring.
However in last few months a bigger issue cropped-up : right part of screen (4-7 inches area) occasionally flickers with different thickness of colored vertical bars - flickers for few seconds and goes away, repeats every few minutes randomly. At some instances, it doesn't occur even for 15-20 minutes of watching, but in most cases flickering occurs (at varied intensity) every few minutes.
Overall the TV is working fine, last year connected Mi Box 4K for all our watching over subscribed apps (disconnected TataSky).

Any idea on the problem / repair guideline and cost estimates ?

thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 21:56   #10227
BHPian

My 10 year old 32 inch Sony full HD LCD TV retired from service today and 43 inch LG UQ8040 took charge. 4K videos from YouTube is really good to watch in the new one. But the regular TV channels from STB had better clarity in the old one even though the colours were a bit dull
Old 5th November 2022, 13:35   #10228
BHPian

Hi All, I use a Sony 55-inch 4K TV (KD-55X7002F). Purchased in Nov/Dec 2018 for approx. INR 85K. Now 4 years old.
Suddenly the display was not working. I got the red light blinking - 6 times.

1. I called up Sony service. The technician visited my place and opened the TV and said the backlight panel is gone. His solution was to replace the entire panel which will cost around 32K approx (or) exchange this TV for a new Sony TV.
2. I also called for a third-party technician. He visited and gave the same problem. The backlight panel is gone. He advised changing the entire backlight panel only which will cost around 20-25K.

Kindly advise on the following
1. Is it worth servicing/repairing the TV?
2. If yes, is the cost of replacing and servicing correct/justified?
3. Is the quality of TVs in India even after spending such a high cost? Is there a better option that comes more reliable and long-lasting even if it is a bit expensive?

I appreciate your suggestions, advises, and recommendations. Thank you.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 21:08   #10229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Hi All, I use a Sony 55-inch 4K TV (KD-55X7002F). Purchased in Nov/Dec 2018 for approx. INR 85K. Now 4 years old.
Suddenly the display was not working. I got the red light blinking - 6 times.

1. I called up Sony service. The technician visited my place and opened the TV and said the backlight panel is gone. His solution was to replace the entire panel which will cost around 32K approx (or) exchange this TV for a new Sony TV.
2. I also called for a third-party technician. He visited and gave the same problem. The backlight panel is gone. He advised changing the entire backlight panel only which will cost around 20-25K.

Kindly advise on the following
1. Is it worth servicing/repairing the TV?
2. If yes, is the cost of replacing and servicing correct/justified?
3. Is the quality of TVs in India even after spending such a high cost? Is there a better option that comes more reliable and long-lasting even if it is a bit expensive?

I appreciate your suggestions, advises, and recommendations. Thank you.
Even after such expensive repairs I suppose you will get only 3 months warranty on only the parts replaced. You will be exposed to the risk of other parts failing.
My call would be to replace it with a new TV.
BTW I had the misfortune of suffering such multiple failures of several 'Made in Japan' Panasonic & Hitachi TVs. Not a single TV lasted 3 year.
And then I bought a cheap Infocus TV which was working after 3 years and then I exchanged it with a TCL TV and also bought an Iffalcon TV. Both these TVs are also working fine after 3 years.
neeraj0272 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 15:02   #10230
Senior - BHPian

^^ Besides humidity and condensation, a lot of failure of sensitive electronics appear to happen due poor quality power supply. It is a good idea to have a spike, surge, and voltage protector. There are plugs available online for the purpose. They should be quicker to react to power supply changes than poorly made ppwer strips and also take care of voltage fluctuation. Voltage stabalizers aren't quick enough. As a safeguard, they would disconnect power when needed for a few seconds after an event.

Recommended.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks