Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2023, 18:34   #10366
Team-BHP Support

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Mod Note: You may find more information on the Budget TV thread,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...tv-thread.html (The Budget / Frugal TV thread)
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 22:26   #10367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post

I haven't fixed a budget but since the use isn't extensive, I definitely am not looking for very high budgets ones.

I saw a couple of TCL models at the store for around 50k that looked decent. But most Sony/LG/Samsung ones are relatively very expensive. Also read in this thread about how the reliability cannot be really guaranteed. Would appreciate your guidance for this dear members. Thanks in advance.
I am assuming you won't like to spend more than 50k-60k on this TV. I will recommend getting the Sony X74L. In recent sale it was selling for 53.5k after discount and right now it's around 57k on Amazon after card discount.

As this will be your primary TV do not get into Hisense, One plus, VU and even TCL territory. Stick with LG, Samsung and Sony. Sony has best PQ as no one else can match their color reproduction. That's why they are usually a little expensive than LG and Samsung. I am listing 3 models from each brand which may suit your needs -

Sony- X74L 55 inch.
LG - Nano73SQA.
Samsung- crystal ismart 4k.

My preference will be Sony, LG and then Samsung.

If you can spend 67k then Sony X80k is an absolutely great buy. It also has Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos along with Sony Triluminous pro display.

Also if you can wait till middle of September the Big billion day sale and Amazon sale will come which offers great deals every year. I am also waiting for that sale to get Sony X80k for our lobby.

Last edited by harry10 : 24th July 2023 at 22:30.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 23:21   #10368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
I had bought a TCL full hd led 49 inch TV in Jan'17. It's still working fine without a single issue in it's 7th year. My usage also have been almost daily over this period.
That's reassuring! Thanks for sharing this info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
  1. Get a good soundbar + Fire stick (or Apple TV*)
  2. Decent is subjective .. for News . Occasional movies almost any TV will work. Most TVs will use Hardware from LG/Samsung, so models will have similar Quality within a price range
  3. Get 5 year warranty for Reliability , there is not other Option. All brands use same hardware .. so reliability is a matter of luck

Apple TV : Nothing beats Apple TV for Music. For almost all Indian music, lossless audio is available. It costs around 100 Rs per month + cost of Apple TV. For most users, it does not matter. For you, it might since you might want to focus on instruments in isolation.
Makes sense. Thanks for your input. I was told LG supplies panels for higher end and TCL for lower end. In many shops as I checked, Panasonic seems to be just a rebadged unit of TC or so. The models I checked looked almost the same.

And personally, I use both Spotify and Apple Music but I think my parents don't use these and rely more on Youtube. Lossless audio is brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Couple of points from my side:
1. Check how news channels play on a 55” TV. I had bought a 65” TV once (returned after few days) and news channels were basically pixelated videos since most news channels were not in HD.

2. For all purposes, get a budget 55” TV with local dimming, IPS or VA panel and a soundbar.

3. Most Android TVs get terribly slow with time. Better to opt for a Fire TV Stick 4K max during sale (routine prices are high).

4. Recommended brands:

4.1 HiSense (service is average or below average),
4.2 VU (reliability reports are based on their HiSense TVs that they sold till 2020 before HiSense entered India, now they get TVs manufactured by Foxxcon but where do the supplies come from? Also their TVs dont have local dimming as per specs),
4.3OnePlus (most people give good reviews) or 4.4 Xiaomi: jack of all trades TV.

Some brands such as Motorola, Thomson, Kodak etc are merely labels and the TVs are manufactured by local Indian companies by licensing their brand name.
Thank you for your points.

1. In some of the TVs, news channels did look blurred and funny though I thought it was to do with the signal/ network connection.
2. Didn't know about local dimming. Will check it out.
4. I checked reviews and as you mentioned, many older Vu users have great things to say but the newer models had an average rating about the product but great about the service attitude. Checked out a couple of One plus models and didn't like the PQ. TCL & Vu looked better amongst all I felt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
I bought a 50 inch TCL Google TV last week. TCL has launched some new models lately. With cashbacks and discounts, I got a pretty good deal. My usage is about 2 hours a day in evenings after work. Samsungs and Sonys were turning out to be very expensive. I am pretty happy with the picture quality and sound. Bought it with a 4 year warranty.

You can check VU GloLED series. It comes with 104 watt built=in sub-woofer. I was thinking of VU but they dont have retail stores. You can only buy online. Electronic items like TV's, I prefer check in person before buying.
Thank you! Congrats on your purchase. TCL seems to be a good, balanced option overall. I'd been to Lulu store in Trivandrum and when checking out multiple options of similar priced TVs, TCL did seem to be quite good. Reviews have been good too. I'm still in two minds about Vu but here, I see them in many retail stores as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Mod Note: You may find more information on the Budget TV thread,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...tv-thread.html (The Budget / Frugal TV thread)
Thanks Eddy. That was very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I am assuming you won't like to spend more than 50k-60k on this TV. I will recommend getting the Sony X74L. In recent sale it was selling for 53.5k after discount and right now it's around 57k on Amazon after card discount.

As this will be your primary TV do not get into Hisense, One plus, VU and even TCL territory. Stick with LG, Samsung and Sony. Sony has best PQ as no one else can match their color reproduction. That's why they are usually a little expensive than LG and Samsung. I am listing 3 models from each brand which may suit your needs -

Sony- X74L 55 inch.
LG - Nano73SQA.
Samsung- crystal ismart 4k.

My preference will be Sony, LG and then Samsung.

If you can spend 67k then Sony X80k is an absolutely great buy. It also has Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos along with Sony Triluminous pro display.

Also if you can wait till middle of September the Big billion day sale and Amazon sale will come which offers great deals every year. I am also waiting for that sale to get Sony X80k for our lobby.
This is an amazing way to put things. Thank you! I did check the models you mentioned and they have extremely positive user reviews unlike many other models. I have shared these details with my father too. Will update here soon as to what we narrow down to.

On the models front, options are:

1. TCL 55P635 - at 36k, it seems to be a great buy.
2. LG 55UQ7550 - around 45k
3. Vu Masterpiece GloLED
4. Adding in the Sony Options mentioned above

Grateful for all the support. Will update the progress.
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 03:54   #10369
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Fire TV stick just needs one HDMI slot and a power outlet for plugging the adapter. You can use them with any non smart or smart TV
Yes, that's my point - I was replying to your comment that "Android TVs get slower with time". That would be the case with any OS & with any OS it won't matter if you are using an external device.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 05:25   #10370
BHPian

One of my friends suggested me this TV. I have a non curtainable French window facing my TV so there is glare making it impossible to view the TV during daytime. https://amzn.to/3rxSOl5
Missed the prime day deal where it retailed for about 65k without card offers and now waiting to pick a 65" during their next big sale. Is it a good buy at around 60 - 65k?

Last edited by smrtdvl : 25th July 2023 at 05:26.
Old 25th July 2023, 08:31   #10371
Senior - BHPian

mi is running ads that 'something big is coming' in August. Are 85 inch TVs on their way?
Old 25th July 2023, 10:29   #10372
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
One of my friends suggested me this TV. I have a non curtainable French window facing my TV so there is glare making it impossible to view the TV during daytime. https://amzn.to/3rxSOl5
Missed the prime day deal where it retailed for about 65k without card offers and now waiting to pick a 65" during their next big sale. Is it a good buy at around 60 - 65k?
You definitely need an IPS panel for a brightly lit room. Not sure about the Acer but these look like a better deal-

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-Bravia-in...57&sr=1-3&th=1

https://www.amazon.in/LG-inches-Ultr...1zcF9hdGY&th=1

https://www.amazon.in/LG-inches-Ultr...95&sr=1-3&th=1

Have seen the Sony being sold for 70k.
Old 25th July 2023, 13:24   #10373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post

On the models front, options are:

1. TCL 55P635 - at 36k, it seems to be a great buy.
2. LG 55UQ7550 - around 45k
3. Vu Masterpiece GloLED
4. Adding in the Sony Options mentioned above

Grateful for all the support. Will update the progress.
TCL 55P635 is an old model. Latest is P635 Pro which I got. Its just released this July. Compared to my usage I found TCL to be value for money. Google TV is way better than Android TV.
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 23:38   #10374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
TCL 55P635 is an old model. Latest is P635 Pro which I got. Its just released this July. Compared to my usage I found TCL to be value for money. Google TV is way better than Android TV.
Hi how's the TCL holding up? Getting a 65" model for 46k after card offers so thinking of getting it. Will be used for watching movies & cricket only. TIA
Old 3rd October 2023, 12:25   #10375
BHPian

I had purchased SAMSUNG 55" 4K ismart TV on 16th September 2023 through Flipkart with Bank discount and exchanging of old TV. First two days what we have observed issues with this TV, when we were watching Live cricket on HOTstar and Jio Cinema
(TizenOS) keep crashing at random, stop loading of other apps, we had to switch it off manually and even remote doesn't work when TV app freezes. Technical support engineer visited and done factory reset. Now current problem is TV turns into blue screen but sound works. I have escalated to Samsung support team and i was told that they will arrange refund as soon as passible !!

Do you have any idea whether they pay total amount as per market price what is mentioned in Samsung Store ?

As per flipkart bill, the seller clearly mentioned MRP and total bank discount and old TV exchange amount.
Old 3rd October 2023, 13:17   #10376
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
Do you have any idea whether they pay total amount as per market price what is mentioned in Samsung Store ?
In such cases, they'll typically refund the net amount you've paid. So, for a 1 lakh TV, if you ended up paying 80k (after exchange and discounts), you'll get 80k. Not the MRP. Most likely, they'll ask for a copy of the bill and a cancelled cheque to set up a bank transfer.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 09:18   #10377
BHPian

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a television most probably for the upcoming Flipkart / Amazon sale. The last and the current TV at home home is a 32" SONY Bravia 'V' series purchased in 2008! Back then SONY Bravia had launched these new LCD series and had cost me some 55k INR.

I've connected the Mi TV 4k Box to this TV and does a pretty well job of streaming all the necessary OTT stuff.

There's nothing wrong with the TV to say; but it's just the itch now to upgrade to something newer and better; also in terms of the screen size. Having said that, given my viewing distance and the area to mount the TV, I can go max upto 43" in screen size.

Like I mentioned, the last TV I purchased was 15 years ago, so needless to say that I'm completely out of sync with the latest tech here. Hence, requesting your suggestions and inputs to help me pick a good TV.

Requirments if I may,
- Latest screen along the likes of LED , 4k or whatever that this latest for now.
- Smart TV capable of running everything on the OTT, YouTube, etc. or whatever latest software tech that is currently.
- Good design, slim bezels, etc. (subjective though)
- Good Sound. Not quite a necessity as I am planning to connect a soundbar.
- Preferred brands - SONY, Samsung. I know these brands make good TV's; no idea about the rest, if they do.

Also, would be it advisable to exchange my current TV for the new one? There's absolutely no issues iwht my current TV for now.
Old 5th October 2023, 13:48   #10378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a television most probably for the upcoming Flipkart / Amazon sale.
I purchased four Samsung Crystal TVs over the past two years. So far so good. You can take a look - purchased in sizes 55,58 and 65.
Old 9th October 2023, 16:50   #10379
BHPian

Recently purchased Sony X82L 65 inch TV. Have been trying to install Disney + Hotstar app but no luck so far. It shows me "Disney + Hotstar" app but when I try to install, it takes me to either Disney or Hotstar and says not supported in your region(India). Anyone who has faced similar issue or Disney + Hotstar app in Sony google TV?
Old 24th October 2023, 18:32   #10380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am happy with the Sony XR-65X90K. Got it at low price during the Diwali Sale in BLR. Refer my earlier post here > (The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.).
How would you rate it after using it for a while. I am scouting for new TVs and this looks like a good one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks