Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2018, 15:05   #8521
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Thank you very much in advance.
I am looking for feedback on Vu 39 inch FHD TV that is for sale in Flipkart.
Will be waiting for your inputs here .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Glad to know that the TV is able to play 1TB hard disk. The Vu TV which I am using is a secondary TV for my room (Living room has a LG). The sound quality is just about okay. I did not face any issues or difficulty in understanding dialogues etc.
Checked the TV at my friends place. Picture Quality is way above average. Bezel is very thin and that adds to the good looks. Sound Quality is strictly average(comparing with Sony/LG which I already have). Movie dialogues are not as clear as you would expect. Maybe I ll get used to it after sometime

For the price its on sale, its definitely a VFM option. So I went ahead and ordered it for 19k.(after 10% cashback, its around 17k). Impossible to find a better TV for 17k . I ordered a movable wall mount separately and got it installed.

Talking about HDD, I have partitioned my HDD into 2. The TV detected only the first/main partition. 1080p videos played without any hiccups. Hooked up my laptop and played some 4k videos on youtube. They look damn good on this TV. It looks as if its a 4k TV.

Overall, I m happy with the purchase. Will order a Android Box from gearbest/aliexpress. For people looking at TV <20k, this one tops the list
Old 1st February 2018, 00:09   #8522
BHPian

My samsung led uaes 6220 from 2013 doesnt connect to wifi anymore. It detects the ssid but doesnt connect fully thru (be it secured or unsecured) but returns to the prevs screen in few secs. What could it be?has the internal wifi adapter gone kaput?does it make sense to repair it or else (risk being it may again fail) or get a chromecast/alike to have the wifi experience?? Pls suggest
Old 1st February 2018, 00:29   #8523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
My samsung led uaes 6220 from 2013 doesnt connect to wifi anymore.
has there been change to your router or network settings etc recently? I suggest you reset the TV and create a fresh SSID on your router and try once. I would also try with a borrowed router or a new one before trying to debug on the TV side.
Old 1st February 2018, 11:55   #8524
BHPian

Quote:
My samsung led uaes 6220 from 2013 doesnt connect to wifi anymore....
Check if the network has moved from 2.4 Ghz to 5 Ghz. I had the same problem with Playstation 3. It got resolved when I set network to be both 2.4/5.
Old 3rd February 2018, 11:09   #8525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
has there been change to your router or network settings etc recently? I suggest you reset the TV and create a fresh SSID on your router and try once. I would also try with a borrowed router or a new one before trying to debug on the TV side.
Thank you.
Yes the tv reset to factory settings was tried last week.
Also, since we got a new BB connection with new router, that route also tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
Check if the network has moved from 2.4 Ghz to 5 Ghz. I had the same problem with Playstation 3. It got resolved when I set network to be both 2.4/5.
Thank you. Yes i had not noticed any change in this, all are 2.4 (using wifi inspector app in pc/mobile)

Infact, now i can notice the tv searches for wifi and find none, so doesnt even go to next step, so i guess it means the internal adapter itself is not working
Old 3rd February 2018, 11:31   #8526
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the tv reset to factory settings was tried last week.
Did you try with the ethernet port on the TV? You can setup a repeater and take an ethernet cable from it to your TV and use its wired capabilities.
Old 5th February 2018, 17:46   #8527
BANNED

I'm having gigs of ripped movies lying in an external HDD.

Does all the new age TVs plays MKV or MP4 files flawlessly? (I had mixed experiences in the past!)
Old 5th February 2018, 18:19   #8528
BHPian

Recently bought a Sanyo 49 inch 4k hdr smart TV from amazon. Was Initially sceptic about the brand but later on came to know that sanyo is owned by Panasonic, have a 10 year old lcd from Panasonic which I still use to game and it performs flawlessly. Bit the bullet and bought it for 46 thousand as opposed to above a lakh from a comparative Sony one.

I am mighty impressed by the picture quality, sound and features. Reads hdd's effortlessly, plays 4k seamlessly and cast screen works very well.

Totally satisfied by sanyo service personnel as well, it's shared between Panasonic and them and the promptness and knowledge of the service and installation folk was excellent.

Now I don't understand why Sony and Samsung charge such a big premium for tv's.
Old 5th February 2018, 19:37   #8529
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I'm having gigs of ripped movies lying in an external HDD.

Does all the new age TVs plays MKV or MP4 files flawlessly? (I had mixed experiences in the past!)
Most tvs play all files except h265 hevc, other formats are not a problem.
Old 9th February 2018, 10:44   #8530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Did you try with the ethernet port on the TV? You can setup a repeater and take an ethernet cable from it to your TV and use its wired capabilities.
Thank you!
yes, as a workaround, i was at times using the ethernet cable itself. So while installing the router itself, I had sought extra cable length till tv, but with a room to cross and no concealed cabling arrangement in place, it is not a very 'convenient' thing to do always, you know.
Old 9th February 2018, 12:20   #8531
BHPian

Quote:
it is not a very 'convenient' thing to do always, you know.
You may have looked at this. My cousin uses it to transcend two rooms. You can repeat the signal and also draw ethernet if needed.
Old 13th February 2018, 12:48   #8532
BHPian

Looking to buy a TV, preferably > 43 inches with great contrast ratio. Budget is a constraint and should be limited within 35k. Suggestions?
Old 13th February 2018, 12:50   #8533
BHPian

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/tv/news/xia...teaser-1812007

Xiaomi's first product announcement of 2018 for India is scheduled to take place on February 14 in New Delhi. While the company hasn't officially revealed any of the products that are set to arrive, the Chinese phone maker and its online partner, Flipkart, have sent out their fair share of hints. While the Redmi Note 5 has already been hinted at for launch on that date, the latest product page from Flipkart and a teaser video from Xiaomi point towards the launch of the first ever Mi TV in India - quite possibly, the latest Mi TV 4.

A teaser page went live on Flipkart earlier this week that details features of an upcoming product from Xiaomi. It can be deduced that this will be the Xiaomi Mi TV 4, as it is Xiaomi's only product to sport a "Slim 4.9mm body." This variant was showcased by the company at CES 2017, and could become its first smart TV to launch outside of China. However, there are no details around which model - 49-inch, 55-inch, or 65-inch - will be launched for the Indian market.
Old 14th February 2018, 14:40   #8534
BHPian

Xiaomi Mi TV 4 55-inch launched at 39,999/-
Worth?
Old 14th February 2018, 14:58   #8535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Xiaomi Mi TV 4 55-inch launched at 39,999/-
Worth?
I would buy it if I was in the market for a tv. I have a number of Xiaomi devices for home automation, security, energy saving etc and they are amazing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks