Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2009, 05:10   #226
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Ever noticed the JetDry Rinse bottle when you went to shop for supplies in the neighbourhood grocery store? That's your "shine".
Ok - got it. Never used except once when I got a small bottle free with the Detergent. You don't need it except for glasses.
Old 28th January 2009, 09:28   #227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
@ Ajmat, which model of IFB do you have? There are 2 Zephyr and Neptune. One costs 22K and the 26K. .
I have the Neptune and it is pretty good. Bought it from Cromawho delivered it. IFB installed it and supplied the detergents. I think they have an on-line ordering system.

regds

ajit
Old 28th January 2009, 10:11   #228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I have the Neptune and it is pretty good. Bought it from Cromawho delivered it. IFB installed it and supplied the detergents. I think they have an on-line ordering system.
ajit
What's the difference between the 2 IFB models?

Also moving on to another cleaning equipment -
I saw this on rediff shopping. Any idea how this works & how well this
works. Any other good mopping/cleaning equipment?
Old 28th January 2009, 10:38   #229
Team-BHP Support

Solved the problem of dancing IFB washing machine

I had mentioned here that my IFB washing machine used to dance all around the house during the spin operation. Through some observation and trial, i was finally able to stop it from engaging in its jig.

The main issue was the apparent lack of friction with the tiles on which it was standing. I placed two floor mats under the machine, and placed a 20 litre water can on the mat which is in the opposite direction of the movement. Without the water can, it danced around with the mats. The weight from the water can ended the stint.

All's well that ends well. cheers:
Old 28th January 2009, 11:05   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I placed two floor mats under the machine, and placed a 20 litre water can on the mat which is in the opposite direction of the movement. Without the water can, it danced around with the mats.
What ever you say dude. In past 5 years, i have used 3 different ifb washing-machines. None did any thing like you described.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:07   #231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
What ever you say dude. In past 5 years, i have used 3 different ifb washing-machines. None did any thing like you described.
I thought mine was a unique specimen, till many others on the forum also mentioned similar experiences.

Check out the responses a few pages back.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:37   #232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I don't understand what this sentence means?
What's shine?
What's dozer?
The typical dishwasher in Europe (and also in India) needs three things:

1. Detergent
2. Salt for the water softener regeneration
3. Shine or Rinse Aid; This is used in very small amounts (1-3ml per wash) in the final rinse. the purpose is to eliminate/minimise drying marks. As far as I know this is some form of detergent (like Teepol) to lower the surface tension and hence the tendency of water to stick and then leave marks.

As for the washing machine moving all over it sounds like a bad dis-balance. Most systems use a concrete block as a counterbalance. May be this is not Ok or a piece fell off somewhere. Occasional isbalance does happen esp. when you have a heavy single item. I have been using front loaders for 20+ years!

Last edited by sgiitk : 28th January 2009 at 11:40.
Old 28th January 2009, 14:22   #233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The typical dishwasher in Europe (and also in India) needs three things:
I am curious as to why the salt thingy is needed in Europe & India but not in the USA. If I recall correctly, I have used 5 separate dishwashers in the US (for varying amounts of time 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 4 years), but never added salt in any of them.
Old 28th January 2009, 14:45   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
gkrishn : What ever you say dude. In past 5 years, i have used 3 different ifb washing-machines. None did any thing like you described.
Lucky you ! But 3 machines in 5 years - isnt that a change a little too quick ?

Old 28th January 2009, 15:20   #235
BANNED

I guess in the US either the water is soter or they do not worry about scaling. One other possibility is that the average US buyer does not expect his dishwasher to last for say 10 years, as the European does. In any case if the water is soft you can probably forget the salt.
Old 28th January 2009, 17:54   #236
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I guess in the US either the water is soter or they do not worry about scaling. One other possibility is that the average US buyer does not expect his dishwasher to last for say 10 years, as the European does. In any case if the water is soft you can probably forget the salt.
Or I assume they have a softening plant for the whole apartment complex in
case the water is hard.

Most of the old buildings in Bombay & Pune get Municapal Corporation water which is soft? Does any one with Municipal Corporation Water use this salt in Bombay/Pune?

I know that my homes in both Bombay & Pune have soft water.
Old 28th January 2009, 18:15   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
But 3 machines in 5 years - isnt that a change a little too quick ?
2 of them was when i was bachelor mode. Current one is brought after i got married. Actually when in bachelor mode, the intial 2 samples used to go thru lot of abuse. First owner left the appartment and took the first sample with him. It is still going strong with out any issue. Same is the case with 2nd and 3rd samples. Pretty much no issue with machine.
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:00   #238
BANNED

Looking to buy a hand vacuum cleaner. Something like this - 800W Vacuum Cleaner with 6 Attachments gifts in india at rediff shopping.
Anyone know which brand is good (has good suction) & reliable & how much it costs.
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:38   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Microwave Oven - power loss ?

Have a higher end Panasonic Microwave Oven. Of late, it needs more time to do the heating - even half a glass of water needs a full minute on high power.

Any ideas ? Have cleaned the cabin, but no avail.
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:45   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Looking to buy a hand vacuum cleaner. Something like this - 800W Vacuum Cleaner with 6 Attachments gifts in india at rediff shopping.
Anyone know which brand is good (has good suction) & reliable & how much it costs.
Bought Eureka hand vaccum for 1800 or something and I am very happy with it. Works good for both house and car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks