Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2010, 18:52   #1666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I think that my IFB is 5kg and it can take 10 shirts, 2 pants, 10 underwear and a towel. Or 4 double bedsheets and 4 pillow cases. This is when the drum is 3/4 full.
Are you saying, 10 shirts + 2 pants + 10 underwear & a towel in one go? Then, I'm sorry my friend, the machine does wash at the cost of quality. Try any appliance outlet, for a 5Kg machine the recommended load is about 12-14 clothes. Highest being 8 Kg machine with 20-22 clothes.
Old 27th November 2010, 21:37   #1667
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, we bought already --- and have still not christened the washing machine!

It is true that the more space the washing has to move in the better the wash will be, but this is one of those if-it-works-for-you things, and if Aroy is happy with his washing, then fair enough.
Old 29th November 2010, 12:21   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Guys, please share your experiences about Panasonic refrigerators ?

Looking at one in the 300 ~ 350 Litres capacity range.

No prices are mentioned on the website, will be going to check out the models at the brand store soon !

Would appreciate anyone of you sharing your experience of using a Panasonic refrigerator !
I have recently bought a Panasonic 300 lts Bottom Freezer refrigerator. Cost me around Rs. 21K in Hyd @ Reliance Digital store. No problems so far and I really like the practicality of not having to bend down for the more frequent uses of a refrigerator.

On the upside, I also found out that a bottom freezer refrigerator consumes upto 20% less electricity per year compared to a regular refrigerator.
Old 29th November 2010, 12:55   #1669
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It is a 7kg machine. I went to shop thinking that even 5kg would be more than enough for a household of two, but when I saw the size of the drum, it looked tiny.
5 kg is not even sufficient for a single person unless you are doing laundry every other day. I have a 6.5 kg machine for a family of 2 - it's exactly the right size for me. 7 would be too much & 6 would be a little too less.
Old 29th November 2010, 17:33   #1670
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, we just did our first wash.

To be honest, I knew the installation guy hadn't levelled it properly (why can't these people carry a spirit level? Hardly an expensive or sophisticated too!) and I had to stop it jumping around with a bit of emergency mid-wash levelling. By the time it came to spin (800 only) it was stable. Phew!

Will do the job properly before the next wash (at the moment it slopes down from front to back). Then I will out a piece of black stuff under each foot and fine tune it.

I do not know what the black stuff is! Our engineers put it underneath our water pump to prevent vibration. It is not rubbery, in fact it is quite brittle, but it has some give.
Old 29th November 2010, 17:42   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, we just did our first wash.
Congrats Sir

Quote:
To be honest, I knew...emergency mid-wash levelling.
Obviously; you should stand by their side & probe questions; trust me, as customers, we should gain more knowledge than these guys without which we will be taken for a ride; for sure.

Quote:
By the time it came to spin (800 only) it was stable. Phew!
But @Thad sir, it should be stable even at lower RPM's

Quote:
Will do the job properly...stuff under each foot and fine tune it.
You mean the levelling device right? That comes with an adjustable screw. Yes & the WM should be levelled in such a way that the front is higher than the rear end.

Quote:
I do not know what the black stuff is!...it has some give.
I'm confused; some pics are appreciated.
Old 29th November 2010, 18:15   #1672
Distinguished - BHPian

It would just look like a black square in a photo. It is sheet material, about 2mm thick, a bit like linoleum ("lino," if you have come across that stuff: was it ever used in India?).

I'll have to ask somewhat it is called.
Quote:
Yes & the WM should be levelled in such a way that the front is higher than the rear end.
Should it? Every washing machine I ever had was suppossed to be dead level all around. This one was delivered higher at the front, though.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 29th November 2010 at 18:17.
Old 29th November 2010, 21:24   #1673
BHPian

guys, help me finalize on a chimney...we are bengalis and cook non veg daily(fish).

looking at 1000m3 suction capacity
3 mode operation preferable(i.e 500/750/1000 or similar)
metal blowers(reliability & lower sound than plastics). I have heard faber uses plastic fans
ofcourse good service

Please let me know of models that would suit my requirements.
Old 29th November 2010, 23:13   #1674
BHPian

Team! I need a new Food processor. Chop grate slice endlessly. Have 3 of the normal mixer grinders, I just need a good, heavy duty food processor! ( since the last one kicked the bucket, I have been forced to cry for the onions, Not that I don't like to cook or chop, these days my eyes are getting extra sensitive and i tend to cry lol! Guys! This is more than 4X4! Help! it just has to be reliable and should be able to take abuse, workload! Does not have to be a known brand or look pretty! Just has to get the job done!
Old 30th November 2010, 01:46   #1675
Distinguished - BHPian

Have you got a chimney?

I find that, when I chop onions by the chimney, it draws away most of the fumes and there are just about no tears. This is the first time I've had a chimney in a house: wish I'd known about it years ago!

Otherwise, it sounds like you need something commercial, rather than light-weight plastic stuff.
Old 30th November 2010, 01:54   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Our approx. 3 year old Onida tv conked out again last week. several lines started appearing across the screen. Service guy came on Sat. Said he would fix it at home itself, but after about 2 hours of tinkering, he pleaded inability to do so and said he needs to take the PCB to the service center. He came today with the repaired PCB and left. After he left, we discovered that the tv flickers more and also the screen switches itself off and on every few minutes!!

Overall, it has been a pretty disapointing experience with Onida. The only good thing is they replaced the whole tv with a new boxed set when it developed an issue when it was in warranty and the service guy apparently screwed it beyond repair. After that, the replacement set needed its power switch replaced twice or thrice in two years!! Not a cheap affair as they charge Rs. 450 to set foot in your house and Rs. 250 for the really cheap quality switch.

Service however was prompt this time. Filled in the online service request form at midnight and the service guy was home the next day in the afternoon.

What happened to Onida? They used to make pretty good and long lasting sets in the past. No more Onida products for me.

Last edited by Raccoon : 30th November 2010 at 01:55.
Old 30th November 2010, 02:27   #1677
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I find that, when I chop onions by the chimney, it draws away most of the fumes and there are just about no tears. This is the first time I've had a chimney in a house: wish I'd known about it years ago!
Somewhat off-topic, but i have a different solution to this issue.

Before chopping the onions, i wash it in water. This way, i find my eyes do not have tears coming on chopping. However, wifey says this is not a solution, and the reason my eyes do not water is because i am wearing lenses.

Others can try out, and let me know.
Old 30th November 2010, 07:47   #1678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Service however was prompt...the next day in the afternoon.
That's good to hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
What happened to Onida? They used to make pretty good and long lasting sets in the past. No more Onida products for me.
I guess they're now manufacturing more with Indian components to save cost.

So @Racoon, what happened finally? I guess the problem still exists on your TV isn't it? If you'd like to give a shot to some top guy, PM me your mail ID & I'll send the contact across to you.

Here's my experience...
Problem - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2097893-post.html
Resolution - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2096047-post.html
Old 30th November 2010, 08:49   #1679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
guys, help me finalize on a chimney...we are bengalis and cook non veg daily(fish).

looking at 1000m3 suction capacity
3 mode operation preferable(i.e 500/750/1000 or similar)
metal blowers(reliability & lower sound than plastics). I have heard faber uses plastic fans
ofcourse good service

Please let me know of models that would suit my requirements.
You could check Faber, Glen, Kaff, Inalsa, Prestige brands of Chimneys. Visit any Vijay Sales outlet to get a comparison of the type you are looking for.

BTW are you thinking of just a plain chimney or the one with the duct.

Check this link for more details.
Electric Chimneys - Compare and Buy Electric Chimneys at Low Price Online in India
Old 30th November 2010, 09:25   #1680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not know what the black stuff is! Our engineers put it underneath our water pump to prevent vibration. It is not rubbery, in fact it is quite brittle, but it has some give.
Can you pls post a pic of the black stuff ?
It has to be rubber IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
You mean the levelling device right? That comes with an adjustable screw. Yes & the WM should be levelled in such a way that the front is higher than the rear end.
Why would you do that ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks