Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2019, 17:24   #7471
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
2. Due to frequent power cuts, we are forced to keep the fridge door shut as much as possible to keep the cooling inside.

3. I would now like to buy an Inverter fridge which can run off the above mentioned Inverter during power cuts so we don't have to worry about defrosting and food going bad. A friend of mine in Goa is doing this with an LG fridge. I plan to buy a Samsung. The sticker on the door of the fridge I plan to buy is attached.
Look for LG 'Smart Inverter' range of fridges. They are designed to run on inverter during power cuts. The below are the search results for the same on LG website

https://www.lg.com/in/search.lg?search=smart+inverter

Last edited by Sheel : 30th December 2019 at 07:42. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 18th December 2019, 19:13   #7472
BHPian

Hi Aroy, Carboy & Sagarpadaki,

Many thanks for your prompt responses. Much appreciated.
I have decided to go ahead and buy the fridge. Will need to do some additional wiring work first to connect the inverter to the fridge socket.. I'll keep you guys updated.
Regards,
SS
Old 27th December 2019, 10:49   #7473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Hi, sorry I should have clarified. I'm dealing with Panasonic's technical dental lineup. The consumer products such as water flosser are still handled by the normal channels. So depending on where you purchased it you would have to get it through Amazon US for something
Finally got the spare nozzles from AliExpress.
I have another question about Panasonic dental products, the answer to which may be known to you: Does an ultrasonic water jet have any advantages over a normal jet in cleaning teeth? Do professional dental water jets use ultrasonic water jets? (I have no idea what the term "ultrasonic" means in this context). Thanks in advance.
Old 27th December 2019, 14:21   #7474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Finally got the spare nozzles from AliExpress.
I have another question about Panasonic dental products, the answer to which may be known to you: Does an ultrasonic water jet have any advantages over a normal jet in cleaning teeth? Do professional dental water jets use ultrasonic water jets? (I have no idea what the term "ultrasonic" means in this context). Thanks in advance.
Hi, I don't think water jets can be ultrasonic because the water would have to be squirted out in very high frequency pulses. This is achievable in a water bath but I'm not sure how effective it will be in a spray format. Philips does have an ultrasonic water flosses but other than a short sharp burst of water it doesn't seem ultrasonic to me.
Ultrasonic would basically mean something that is vibrating at a frequency higher than audible sound - 20000Hz just like ultraviolet light is of a higher than visible wavelength.

You do get Ultrasonic toothbrushes though which are more effective than the rotating type electric toothbrushes.
Old 27th December 2019, 22:51   #7475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Hi, I don't think water jets can be ultrasonic because the water would have to be squirted out ...
Thanks Mortis. I should have mentioned that I was actually referring to the Panasonic Ultrasonic water flosser (EW 1511W) that I came across when I was looking for the replacement nozzles. I was intrigued by the word "ultrasonic" attached to model name without any further explanation. I guess I can shelve it as "something from the marketing department".

Last edited by mvadg : 27th December 2019 at 22:54.
Old 27th December 2019, 23:08   #7476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The AC starts with less than 2 amps and slowly over next ten minutes increases the current till it reaches a maximum of 10 amps. I the refrigerator is rated at 3 amps.
Here is a copy paste from LG T432FPZU (437L) refrigerator.
Shouldn't starting current and running current of a fridge be much lower than a room AC? Few reasons why I think it will be less:
1. Fridge enclosed volume is much less than a room.
2. Fridge enclosure is well insulated and airtight. In case of a room there are are gaps where hot air can come.
3. In a fridge there is no heat gain except when the door is open. In a room there are window panes through which there is substantial heat gain, there is body heat from human occupants, and electrical appliances which generate heat.

So even though a fridge cools to a much lower temperature I believe it will takes much less energy to cool it compared to a room. Just my opinion.
Old 28th December 2019, 08:49   #7477
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I have measured the starting current of my Inverter 2T AC, and I think a refrigerator will follow the same pattern.

I don't think this is true. As I have said in a different comment, the inverter guy checked my fridge many years back. The starting requirements for a fridge is very high & then it goes down once it is started.
Old 28th December 2019, 19:17   #7478
BHPian

My brother got a retriever pup a couple of months ago. He has started shedding like crazy. While the vet's suggested shampoo is followed, there is a need for a vacuum cleaner. So if any of you who have heavy-shedding pet in your house, what vacuum would you recommend?

I have a Eureka forbes tiny which is very inadequate. And I saw the demo of Dyson vacuum cleaner, but that's very expensive. Please pass on your suggestions.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th December 2019 at 11:12. Reason: Fixed typo.
Old 28th December 2019, 21:45   #7479
Distinguished - BHPian

Dogs shed (moult) (as in more than a few hairs a day) when the weather gets warmer: currently, the climate is cool. But you mention a vet, so I guess a vet was consulted.

I am not for bathing dogs at all. Yes, I know some people are, but my mother never bathed her dogs, and she lived to be 90. ...Which is quite a few dogs. Oh, and the dogs were very healthy.

The only exception was when the dog had anointed itself in something disgusting. Just brush the dog. Most dogs like it, and it gets the fur before it covers everything else up. Put the fur from the dog brush out for nesting birds to use, if the season is appropriate. There's a pair of New-Year Nesters (Sunbirds) busy outside our kitchen window, so maybe every season is appropriate for somebody!
Old 29th December 2019, 21:18   #7480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Shouldn't starting current and running current of a fridge be much lower than a room AC?

So even though a fridge cools to a much lower temperature I believe it will takes much less energy to cool it compared to a room. Just my opinion.

A typical domestic refrigerator uses a compressor rated around 100 -120 VA while a 1.5 T AC compressor is rated around 1500 - 2500 VA. That should give you a rough idea about the size and capacity.

An inverter compressor for the refrigerator doesn't cause a steep starting current like that of a conventional compressor. Typically you are looking at 5 A starting current for the non -inverter compressor and about 0.36 A for the inverter compressor (actual figures measured).

This is the reason why many 800 VA inverters/UPS intended for the lighting will trip when asked to start a conventional refrigerator whilst not affected much with an inverter refrigerator.
Old 30th December 2019, 07:47   #7481
Team-BHP Support

My sister's house in Sonipat Sector - 35 has very hard water. This results in corroding of heating tubes in the geyser. Any recommendations? They are presently using AO Smith.

On the topic of AO Smith, geyser of my parent's bathroom was replaced thrice and still water leakage / heating issue persisted. Changed it to Crompton [AO Smith ASC suggested this] and it is fine.
Old 30th December 2019, 08:08   #7482
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
My sister's house in Sonipat Sector - 35 has very hard water.
I think you can consider getting a water softener installed at the sump/tank that stores water so that it is softened before it is supplied to any of the rooms/appliances in the house. From what I know, maintenance is easy, just needs salt to be topped up regularly.
Old 30th December 2019, 08:11   #7483
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think you can consider getting a water softener installed at the sump/tank that stores water so that it is softened before it is supplied to any of the rooms/appliances in the house. From what I know, maintenance is easy, just needs salt to be topped up regularly.
I am a non-metro, non-apartment person, so a bit clueless. How can it be fitted in an apartment? The society [perhaps] is not ready to fit a water softener.
Old 30th December 2019, 08:28   #7484
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I am a non-metro, non-apartment person, so a bit clueless. How can it be fitted in an apartment? The society [perhaps] is not ready to fit a water softener.
Oops, I'm in a similar situation as you are (living in an independent house) and do not have any idea how this could be done for just one flat in an apartment building!

Last edited by NPV : 30th December 2019 at 08:30.
Old 30th December 2019, 10:21   #7485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
My brother got a retriever pup a couple of months ago. He has started shedding like crazy.

Please pass on your suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Dogs shed (moult) (as in more than a few hairs a day) when the weather gets warmer:
I am not for bathing dogs at all. Yes, I know some people are, but my mother never bathed her dogs, and she lived to be 90. ...Which is quite a few dogs. Oh, and the dogs were very healthy.
Many hairy breeds like Retriever and German Shepherds shed plenty of hair normally depending upon the weather. Their skin secretes oil which coats the hair and protects them. Bathing them too often can impair this process and might increase the frequency of shedding.

You can do one thing - fill a spray bottle with water mixed with 2 tablespoon of Savlon and 2 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar and spray on the body taking care to avoid eyes and the inside of ears. Leave it to dry. Do this every three days.
If the dog has skin problem which might aggravate the shedding, consult a vet. It will cause foul smell as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks