Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2015, 00:32   #601
Senior - BHPian

Tata Sky has been a horrid experience for me this time.

Even after repeated messages to 5616161, I wasn't called back.

Tried calling them, got through the IVR & waited for 24 Minutes just to be hung up!

Online Chat with the CC had a waiting line of 95! Took almost 40 mins to connect, the rep wasn't very sharp & took quite some time to understand a basic issue.

Not much was achieved.

This happened over 4 days & I too was sick of calling & tweeting them.

Luckily I tagged one of my friend at TATA & somehow they sent a guy to my place.

Sadly this was a rather audacious guy ( he could be stressed out too, anyway ).

He 'charged' me 250 for 'activation' after adjusting the dish (done in 3 minutes flat).

The bloke also broke a cable clip & took Rs.75/- for that (could hardly cost 5-10 bucks).

Littered the cut wire & clip though the bin was just 3' away. Picked & dumped it myself but this guy shows no regret.

Anyway, thought it's better to pay & get done than let my TS account balance erode simply waiting for TS.

Swore to choose my friendly neighbourhood cable guy as soon as the TS balance is exhausted.

Tata Sky is still to reply!

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 27th April 2015 at 00:36.
Old 27th April 2015, 00:33   #602
MSC
BHPian

re: The Tata Sky Thread

I have faced 2 problems in Tata Sky services.
1. First is the commonest , which is faced by almost every one using Set Top Boxes. And that is poor reception in bad weather conditions . Just a 15 to 30 minute shower is enough to disrupt the services for 45 odd minutes.
2. Second time , Despite having sufficient balance , all channels started showing up error message that I have not subscribed to that specific channel. I used the old tested technique of restarting and switching off a while. And the trouble disappeared on its own , without even a call to customer care services.

Last edited by MSC : 27th April 2015 at 00:34. Reason: Spelling error
Old 7th May 2015, 10:53   #603
BHPian

TATA Sky..Do you face any problems?

Tata Sky call centre new numbers

The Tata Sky Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1430976189.080753.jpg

Last edited by driving_smartly : 7th May 2015 at 10:54.
Old 7th May 2015, 11:43   #604
Senior - BHPian

For some strange reason TS is asking me to pay the monthly subscription charges by their annoying screen prompt, when the same has been cleared one week back, within due date. Anybody else facing same problems?
Old 11th May 2015, 07:32   #605
BHPian

I have the TataSky HD+ STB since 2010. Its HDD would always make a slight grinding noise but would only happy 2-3 times a year. Since the last 2 days the frequency has increased. Questions -
> What are my options?
> What would be the cost for repairing or replacing my HDD
> In case of a repair - Is there a way to save my recorded data on the HDD to the new HDD
> What should I be prepared for so that TataSky does not get me into spending more than the required amount
Old 11th May 2015, 10:09   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly OT.
Saw a message today and checked on Tatasky, all channels are free to view from 10th May to 30th May. I have not subscribed to Star World premier or Ten sports but i can see all of them right now.
Old 11th May 2015, 10:43   #607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
I have the TataSky HD+ STB since 2010. Its HDD would always make a -----snip-------epared for so that TataSky does not get me into spending more than the required amount
You can't replace, repair, or save data from, the hdd.
The replacement will be free of charge. The guys will replace the box.
Old 11th May 2015, 15:42   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
You can't replace, repair, or save data from, the hdd.
The replacement will be free of charge. The guys will replace the box.

Tatasky helpline mentioned that the box is only covered under warranty for the first year including the HDD. After that there is a cost involved which I will have to pay. Otherwise there are no visiting charges
Old 7th October 2015, 16:35   #609
Distinguished - BHPian

TATA Sky has gone ahead and increased their HD access fee again, now it has gone up to Rs175.
For a combination of English movie+ English entertainment + News+ Knowledge (Discovery, Nat Geo etc) with HD access,now per month charge is ~ Rs 560. Some two years back it was around Rs 400 for same set of channels.

Any other DTH provider who has better rates for the same?
Old 7th October 2015, 16:49   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
TATA Sky has gone ahead and increased their HD access fee again, now it has gone up to Rs175.
For a combination of English movie+ English entertainment + News+ Knowledge (Discovery, Nat Geo etc) with HD access,now per month charge is ~ Rs 560. Some two years back it was around Rs 400 for same set of channels.

+1

The Annual Mega South HD pack which was 6000/- 3 years ago is now 7900/-
IIRC, 2 years ago it was 6500/- and last year it was 6900/-
So it has gone up from 500/month to 650/month

Above that, the 'specials' category is another 600/- per year. I've not subscribed to this category till now.

Although last week I subscribed to the pack, slowly its not feeling worth the amount.
If there is some other provider who is providing a better pack, I want to shift next year
Old 7th October 2015, 18:57   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Yes, I am also looking at options. It is irritating when they keep hiking their rates every year. I want DTH for only sports channels. Please advise if there is some other DTH operator providing sports only option.
Old 8th October 2015, 15:14   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
+1

The Annual Mega South HD pack which was 6000/- 3 years ago is now 7900/-
IIRC, 2 years ago it was 6500/- and last year it was 6900/-
So it has gone up from 500/month to 650/month

Above that, the 'specials' category is another 600/- per year. I've not subscribed to this category till now.

Although last week I subscribed to the pack, slowly its not feeling worth the amount.
If there is some other provider who is providing a better pack, I want to shift next year
Yes from 6k it has shot to 7.9k and this is so frustrating. Last night subscribed for the topper channel by paying 720 for the year. With the investment on TS since 6 to 7 years now, i sometimes feel is it worth moving to another DTH provider?
Old 9th October 2015, 09:40   #613
BHPian

Has the video quality dropped? I find the quality of the video horrible. Maybe after they moved to Digital box?
Old 9th October 2015, 09:48   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Yes from 6k it has shot to 7.9k and this is so frustrating. Last night subscribed for the topper channel by paying 720 for the year. With the investment on TS since 6 to 7 years now, i sometimes feel is it worth moving to another DTH provider?
It's getting pretty expensive now. I was waiting for my mega hd to expire, to go to alacarte. The rep was trying to convince me that "sir, it is so convenient to buy mega hd, there is no headache of adding removing. What is the point of annual pack if you have to go and pay for the new addons everytime? Idiotic.
I told him, I have a lot of free time. So if you can convince me about any other convenience, I'll consider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Has the video quality dropped? I find the quality of the video horrible. Maybe after they moved to Digital box?
Theyve recently shifted around and exchanged the HD number with SD numbers. Eg: Mtunes hd was 666, sd was 665, now its the other way. See if that is what the issue is.
Again, WHY?
Old 9th October 2015, 15:52   #615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
It's getting pretty expensive now. I was waiting for my mega hd to expire, to go to alacarte.
Problem with this.
If you drop Mega HD, you have to pay 2k extra for HD access.
I took Grand sports, and it says 34 HD channels, but if i want to SEE them, another 2k. So basically, that comes to 7500 again, which is the mega hd fees.
Geez, these guys are ridiculous!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks