Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2017, 22:53   #256
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The Headphones Thread

Anybody got any experience with MI headphones. I remember hearing a lot of good words about silver bullets but could not find them anywhere. Looking at Mi's website, they have lots of budget option. any feedback will be appreciated.

I am keen on below

http://www.mi.com/in/headphonesprohd/specs/
Old 19th May 2017, 16:24   #257
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone!

I'm considering purchasing a new headphone and have gone through the reviews of the following:

1. Audio Technica ANC 9
2. Bose QC 35
3. Senheisser PXC 550

Can someone share their experience on these products? Are there any better products for the similar cost range? How about the service levels?
Old 24th May 2017, 15:27   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm considering purchasing a new headphone and have gone through the reviews of the following:

1. Audio Technica ANC 9
2. Bose QC 35
3. Senheisser PXC 550

Can someone share their experience on these products? Are there any better products for the similar cost range? How about the service levels?
I have NO experience of the above headphones, BUT the following Sony MDR-1000X is getting very good reviews (especially against the Bose QC35):

http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/he...ones/mdr-1000x

Might I suggest you include the Sony in your quest.
Old 24th May 2017, 15:33   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Anybody got any experience with MI headphones. I remember hearing a lot of good words about silver bullets but could not find them anywhere. Looking at Mi's website, they have lots of budget option. any feedback will be appreciated.

I am keen on below

http://www.mi.com/in/headphonesprohd/specs/
In the same range look at the soundmagic brand, has consistently been ranked best buy in its price range.
Available from amazon etc.
Old 24th May 2017, 16:39   #260
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good pair of non in-ear earphones.

These are hard to find nowadays as most manufacturers are going for in ear designs.I find these quite uncomfortable.

Primary usage is music from all genres. Nothing bass heavy, Medium Bass but feedback over a range of treble tone is what I am looking for.

Budget upto 2K.
Old 24th May 2017, 18:12   #261
BHPian

I bought a Behringer HPM1000 last month and is quite happy with it.

Moderate bass, but clear mids and highs. Noise insulation is good considering it is over the ear design. Insulation is good enough to block the noise of low dB like fans, ambient noise indoors etc. for outdoors look for other options. And another big thing that made me opt for this headphone was because of its sturdy build and 3 years warranty. The fit and finish of the newer ones which is available now is a bit less than the earlier ones made in Germany, sound is same though. Fiddling with the EQ can help you get more bass without jarring or loss of highs, it is quite flexible. It also comes with 3.5mm to 3/4" adapter.

Check the Senheisser HD 202 also. Again, not the heavy bass type but comfortable listening without fatigue.

Both are within your budget at around Rs. 1700.

I bought my pair from headphonezone.com , it took some time to arrive (almost a week) but packing was good and they have a wide range of options and a lot of info too.

PS : Keep Sony out of the list. Sony used to be in my good books, but nowadays even genuine ones fail in a short period of usage. Two pairs I bought last year failed in a matter of months without extensive or rough usage.

Last edited by --gKrish-- : 24th May 2017 at 18:14.
Old 25th May 2017, 12:32   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
I bought a Behringer HPM1000 last month and is quite happy with it.

Moderate bass, but clear mids and highs. Noise insulation is good considering it is over the ear design. Insulation is good enough to block the noise of low dB like fans, ambient noise indoors etc. for outdoors look for other options. And another big thing that made me opt for this headphone was because of its sturdy build and 3 years warranty. The fit and finish of the newer ones which is available now is a bit less than the earlier ones made in Germany, sound is same though. Fiddling with the EQ can help you get more bass without jarring or loss of highs, it is quite flexible. It also comes with 3.5mm to 3/4" adapter.

Check the Senheisser HD 202 also. Again, not the heavy bass type but comfortable listening without fatigue.

Both are within your budget at around Rs. 1700.

I bought my pair from headphonezone.com , it took some time to arrive (almost a week) but packing was good and they have a wide range of options and a lot of info too.

PS : Keep Sony out of the list. Sony used to be in my good books, but nowadays even genuine ones fail in a short period of usage. Two pairs I bought last year failed in a matter of months without extensive or rough usage.
I'd purchased the Sennheisser PXC550 and found its a joke! Other than the fancy looks, build quality and features its practically useless. The noise cancellation only cancels the low frequencies leaving the mid or higher frequency range of the noise to be audible. So its as good as not being there at all. The sound quality is somewhat like the beats headset, quite compressed, just like what you'd hear from a stereo with the 30-60Hz and 10Khz at full with every other band at minimum.

I returned it the very next day! I have an Audio Technica M50x which sounds way off better though its only around 10K!
Old 25th May 2017, 12:35   #263
BHPian

Quote:
I'd purchased the Sennheisser PXC550 and found its a joke! Other than the fancy looks, build quality and features its practically useless. The noise cancellation only cancels the low frequencies leaving the mid or higher frequency range of the noise to be audible. So its as good as not being there at all. The sound quality is somewhat like the beats headset, quite compressed, just like what you'd hear from a stereo with the 30-60Hz and 10Khz at full with every other band at minimum.

I returned it the very next day! I have an Audio Technica M50x which sounds way off better though its only around 10K!

When it comes to noise cancelling, the best for me has been the bose quiet comfort line.
I don't own one, just borrowed from friends, but they are absolutely amazing! The Bose QC35 should be pretty close to the PXC550 in price.
Old 25th May 2017, 13:26   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
When it comes to noise cancelling, the best for me has been the bose quiet comfort line.
I don't own one, just borrowed from friends, but they are absolutely amazing! The Bose QC35 should be pretty close to the PXC550 in price.

Oh No! As I mentioned in my previous post, the PXC550 is a pure joke - unless I got a counterfeit piece, though I was able to authenticate on the manufacturer's website.

I found the BOSE ANC to be quite promising.
Old 25th May 2017, 14:32   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Bose does seem to have the best name in noise cancellation.

But could it be that you are expecting too much? It only really works for fairly continuous noises like engine sound.
Old 25th May 2017, 18:52   #266
BHPian

Quote:
But for 2K budget I dont think any ANC would be availabe. And no questions about the cancelling capability of Bose, I admit it. But Senheissers do not lose the mids like you said. I've used them for monitoring VSTs with superior DAW worth more than a million and it never felt like a weak link and they reproduce even faint nuances much better than the hyped ones like beats. But I do not know much about how they sound outside the studio. Thats why I said, they can only insulate and not cancel and that too only fan noise Beats in my opinion is only expensive and no way near similar priced professional headphones. If extending the budget is an option, bose is quite worth the price.
Old 25th May 2017, 21:53   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
But for 2K budget I dont think any ANC would be availabe.
2K budget? It costs 30K INR! If it were just 2K, I would simply use it till it gets spoiled, without complaining!
Old 28th May 2017, 10:44   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
When it comes to noise cancelling, the best for me has been the bose quiet comfort line. .....
Any experience if these can handle loudspeaker noise from nearby playfield with lots of religious gurus loudly 'chanting' sermons, Gita, bhajans etc. throughout year.

i seriously need them for my kid studying for entrance exams. Will prefer in-ear buds. How about QuietControl™ 30 wireless headphones ?

I called local Bose store and they had no clue about if it can cancel loud-speaker noise.
Old 28th May 2017, 10:56   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Any experience if these can handle loudspeaker noise from nearby playfield with lots of religious gurus loudly 'chanting' sermons, Gita, bhajans etc. throughout year.

i seriously need them for my kid studying for entrance exams. Will prefer in-ear buds. How about QuietControl™ 30 wireless headphones ?

I called local Bose store and they had no clue about if it can cancel loud-speaker noise.

The QC30 is the worst, among the entire bose quiet comfort range. The wired QC20 is actually better.
Since I dont own one, i cannot test under similar circumstances, but i dont think it will cancel so much noise.
If the bose store has them on display, play similar sounds on the speakers there, and test the headphones.
Theyd be happy to let you audition, if you seem like a keen buyer and not a window shopper.
Old 28th May 2017, 20:55   #270
BHPian

Hi Friends.

I have a problem. Need your help to solve it.

I have Audio Technica M20x earphones. Now I have bought Fiio Q1 DAC + AMP to have better listening experience from my phone. Though Fiio Q1 is for desktops & laptops, I learned from various forum that it can also be used with mobiles having Android versions 4.xx and above. My main purpose is for using with my mobile.

Now the problem. My mobile is Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 5.0.1. I have downloaded and installed Hiby music to have my out put through USB.

I tried connecting my mobile with USB OTG adapter + USB to Micro USB cable (provided with Fiio Q1) and Headphones. Music was played through Hiby music.

Music was not going out through USB. Its either playing through phone speaker or through my 3.5 mm jack (if i connect my headphones). I have tried the following also in my phone.

settings>my device>accessories> "tick" audio out out mode (use external speakers when docked) - No positive result

settings>more>developer options>"tick" usb debugging - No positive result

settings>more>developer options>"tick" use Nuplayer - No positive result

settings>more>developer options>"tick" prevent USB audio routing - No positive result.

I have run out of options on what to do. Need your help on making this work with mobile.

Fiio Q1 is working beautifully with my laptop though. I can discern the difference between playing directly through the laptop and through Q1.

Waiting to have same experience thru mobile.

Thanks in advance

Barath

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks