Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2013, 19:33   #6481
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Hawk, have you tried the restore as new phone, and then the restore backup?
Also, you can try this option :

Backup data to itunes, then go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase all content and settings. Then setup as new iPhone, connect to iTunes and do a restore from backup.

Have been told this should help improve the performance, Do try and let me know.
yes Benny, twice. doesn't help.

lemme give you and example, RR3 is a very memory intensive game, but used to play properly on iOS 6.1.3 (albeit lesser graphics). in iOS 7, the car stutters and some part of the game play it moves frame by frame literally! other things like Messaging, Mail, App Store, Safari etc. take their own time to load and take a few seconds before i can interact with them.

when the OS itself is resource hungry, what will the apps get to use on a single core 800Mhz processor and 512MB RAM!

another issue i'm experiencing is that the touch sensitivity is messed up on the lock screen. from the lock screen, getting the Camera is a task in itself. i swipe and swipe, but the screen doesn't roll up! i've given up on this

if i take it to the Apple service center will they restore iOS 6.1.3 for me? even if i'm willing to pay for it?
Old 22nd October 2013, 20:00   #6482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

another issue i'm experiencing is that the touch sensitivity is messed up on the lock screen. from the lock screen, getting the Camera is a task in itself. i swipe and swipe, but the screen doesn't roll up! i've given up on this

if i take it to the Apple service center will they restore iOS 6.1.3 for me? even if i'm willing to pay for it?
Even I am facing touch sensitivity problems, the only difference is that I have an iPhone 5 . Sometimes I have to swipe the screen 7-8 times to receive a call. Similarly multiple taps are required to launch an app/use the control centre. These happen so randomly that I am sure I won't be able to reproduce it in the service center.

Apart from this, the problem of phone hanging in the locked screen continues as well.
Old 22nd October 2013, 20:08   #6483
Senior - BHPian

a new problem has cropped up from the past couple of days. in the Updates section of App Store, the apps show up for which updates are available. in iOS 6.1.3 (and before) the updates used to complete and when the next time you open App Store, those apps don't show up.

however, i see that for the past couple of days (even if i force close App Store and restart) the apps that have been updated still show in the updates list - instead of Update, there is Open button next to them.

what gives?
Old 22nd October 2013, 20:26   #6484
Distinguished - BHPian

This is normal in the new iTunes because I have been seeing this right from the beginning. All my previous updates and also new software installs are shown with an "Open" option by it.
Old 22nd October 2013, 21:40   #6485
BHPian

Yes this is a feature, and I actually like it. It gives a history of recent updates that is handy. Moreover the available updates now also show the size of the update which also is nice to have.

I use the control center much and this will be the only feature that I will miss if I have an opportunity to downgrade, due to these issues like no swipe response for attending a call, lengthier launch time for some apps etc which I too am tired of. I also feel the new ring tones, or the sound as such in general for speaker has come down
Old 22nd October 2013, 22:30   #6486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
This is normal in the new iTunes because I have been seeing this right from the beginning. All my previous updates and also new software installs are shown with an "Open" option by it.
this started showing up only after i disabled Updates under Settings > Itunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads.
Old 22nd October 2013, 22:54   #6487
Distinguished - BHPian

Even I have also disabled the same but I don't remember if this appeared before or after I disabled it.
Old 22nd October 2013, 23:18   #6488
BHPian

I have os7 on iphone 5. At home I am having to add my wifi network manually every time in spite of ask to join networks not being engaged

Any suggestions on what I need to do
Old 22nd October 2013, 23:31   #6489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
I have os7 on iphone 5. At home I am having to add my wifi network manually every time in spite of ask to join networks not being engaged Any suggestions on what I need to do
That's news! Is this a unsecured network you're using? Also, did you use this network when setting up your phone?

I've a Linksys router modem running WPA2 and my phone doesn't seem to have a problem joining it; switch on the wi-fi and it joins automatically.

I don't have problem with home network, but in office network it would always ask for the password in iOS 6.1.3, which I found annoying. In iOS 7 however I found that it still asks me, but saves the password (I don't have to type it again) so I've to just click Proceed to join the network.
Old 23rd October 2013, 01:22   #6490
Senior - BHPian

Received a mail from Blackberry announcing the launch of BBM for the iOS and Android platforms complete with download, install and setup instructions. Anyone tried it yet.
Old 23rd October 2013, 01:28   #6491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
I have os7 on iphone 5. At home I am having to add my wifi network manually every time in spite of ask to join networks not being engaged

Any suggestions on what I need to do
Do you have a lot of devices that use your router?

I had this problem when i had many devices connected. You can reset the router and connect the Iphone first to the WiFi. that solved my issue
Old 23rd October 2013, 01:30   #6492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't think they would do that for you, since the iOS6 is no longer officially supported by Apple. :( Looks like the iPhone 4 is the one which has not taken too well to the upgrade.

Quote:
a new problem has cropped up from the past couple of days. in the Updates section of App Store, the apps show up for which updates are available. in iOS 6.1.3 (and before) the updates used to complete and when the next time you open App Store, those apps don't show up.

however, i see that for the past couple of days (even if i force close App Store and restart) the apps that have been updated still show in the updates list - instead of Update, there is Open button next to them.

what gives?
This is expected behavior, i am told. It shows you a list of all updates installed and available for updates.
Old 23rd October 2013, 07:09   #6493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
Do you have a lot of devices that use your router? I had this problem when i had many devices connected. You can reset the router and connect the Iphone first to the WiFi. that solved my issue
I don't think that's the problem. I have 2 iPhones, 2 laptops, 1 desktop, 1 printer, 1 Apple TV and a Bravia connecting to my router and I've never faced issues with automatic connectivity.

Was is connecting automatically earlier with iOS 6?
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:31   #6494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Received a mail from Blackberry announcing the launch of BBM for the iOS and Android platforms complete with download, install and setup instructions. Anyone tried it yet.
I m using BBM for the past whole month now.
The app is smooth on my 4s. Rather i found it much better than what's app in terms of the delivery speed of the messages & the over all interface & feel of the app.
Till now no issues at all.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-image1307620507.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2013, 11:09   #6495
Senior - BHPian

can it be? iOS 7 made using MS Word? maybe that's why it goes kaput, ja?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks