Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2013, 09:05   #6361
BHPian

I was hoping atleast they will bring back the soft decline of calls from lock screen in 7.0.2 . It is still not back and I don't understand why they would scrap a recently launched convenient feature. Dint they do any regression testing at all ? Is this what you call " bad apple" lol… ?
Old 2nd October 2013, 10:34   #6362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
I was hoping atleast they will bring back the soft decline of calls from lock screen in 7.0.2 . It is still not back and I don't understand why they would scrap a recently launched convenient feature. Dint they do any regression testing at all ? Is this what you call " bad apple" lol… ?
How do you mean soft decline? Do you mean responding with a message?
Old 2nd October 2013, 11:10   #6363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Nope IronH4WK, in the previous version there was a soft button on screen for declining calls. Forgot the older version features so easily :( ?
Old 2nd October 2013, 11:22   #6364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope IronH4WK, in the previous version there was a soft button on screen for declining calls. Forgot the older version features so easily :( ?
Not able to recollect. I don't remember a soft button on the screen post iOS 6 update. There was Answer/ Decline/ Remind Me Later/ Respond with Message. Do you have a picture of it?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 2nd October 2013 at 11:30.
Old 2nd October 2013, 12:46   #6365
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Me too upgraded to 7.0.2. But now unable to find a button to reject calls (without sending SMS). Can some one please guide me...?

Last edited by RajeshK : 2nd October 2013 at 13:09.
Old 2nd October 2013, 13:14   #6366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Me too upgraded to 7.0.2. But now unable to find a button to reject calls (without sending SMS). Can some one please guide me...?
Just use the remind me later option or press the volume buttons to mute the ring.
Old 2nd October 2013, 14:04   #6367
BHPian

Quote:
Also, you can double tap the power button on top of the phone to reject calls.
Old 2nd October 2013, 22:49   #6368
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Quote:
The soft decline button appears when the screen is unlocked. However when the screen is locked, you don't see it. Single-click the power button to silence the ring and double-click to outright reject the call.

AFAIK, it's the same as iOS 6, there's no change. It looks like it is a feature.

When the screen is locked, there cannot be an active button without unlocking the screen (there could be an accidental rejection if the screen gets touched in the pocket). So they merged the process of unlocking and answering the call and move the option to reject to the power button.
Old 2nd October 2013, 23:02   #6369
Senior - BHPian

Got my hands on an iPhone 5C. Feels heavier, overall its a repackaged 5.

Comes in the matching background color as mentioned in Keynote.

Plastic feels strong & sturdy
Old 3rd October 2013, 01:45   #6370
BHPian

Finally managed to upgrade to 7.02.

Like iOS 7.0, I upgraded to 7.02 from within the phone itself. The entire process flowed without any error messages, the restart happened and what do I see, the version is still 7.0. Repeated this 3 times with the same result. It would go through the entire process with no errors, but not actually upgrade. So today tried it though iTunes, same process flowed and the phone this time successfully upgraded to 7.02.

Anyone else faced this?

Also, my phone activates the Do not disturb feature on its own. In the beginning I assumed that its getting clicked while using the control panel, so yesterday decided not to use the control panel at all. I was right, the do not disturb feature was on when I unlocked the phone after a prolonged period of the phone being in the locked state. :(

MaSh

Last edited by mashmash : 3rd October 2013 at 01:49.
Old 3rd October 2013, 01:56   #6371
BHPian

@mashmash the best way to update your iOS is restoring your device using iTunes and setting up as new device post restore. Choosing the update option either directly through phone or through iTunes is known to create lots of issues and yes before you restore back up all your data.
Old 3rd October 2013, 02:12   #6372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
@mashmash the best way to update your iOS is restoring your device using iTunes and setting up as new device post restore. Choosing the update option either directly through phone or through iTunes is known to create lots of issues and yes before you restore back up all your data.
I have never faced any issues updating from within the phone. Even the update to iOS 7.0 was from within the phone and it was done successfully in one shot.

The phone gets regularly backed up when connected to iTunes everyday during office hours when my calendar and other stuff is synced. Updates and new app installation happen at night.

Just hope this was a one off and the mystery behind the DND getting activated is resolved for good.

MaSh

Last edited by mashmash : 3rd October 2013 at 02:15.
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:26   #6373
BHPian

Guys I updated my dads Iphone 5 to IOS 7. Since few days the phone becomes hot and its battery drains. Like today in the morning at around 8 the battery was 100%. Right now when I took out the phone from my pocket it was hot and battery 60%. What could be the issue? It seems to have happened after I updated the phone.
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:30   #6374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I updated my dads Iphone 5 to IOS 7. Since few days the phone becomes hot and its battery drains. Like today in the morning at around 8 the battery was 100%. Right now when I took out the phone from my pocket it was hot and battery 60%. What could be the issue? It seems to have happened after I updated the phone.
No such problems here,please check if any applications that access GPS are running in the back ground.
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:45   #6375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Try restoring and re-installing the OS, also see if any app is running in background and draining battery off.

Most Viewed