Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 22:19   #6391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Also, my phone activates the Do not disturb feature on its own. In the beginning I assumed that its getting clicked while using the control panel, so yesterday decided not to use the control panel at all. I was right, the do not disturb feature was on when I unlocked the phone after a prolonged period of the phone being in the locked state. :( MaSh
Mystery resolved. Do not disturb had a scheduled activation. 10:00pm to 7:00am. Not sure if I set it or it's a default setting.

MaSh
Old 4th October 2013, 22:39   #6392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 7 just after its release. After the upgrade, I am facing a problem. While the screen is locked, sometimes the screen becomes unresponsive. Only the slide touches to open the Control center and Notification center work. Even I cannot close the Control center. The solution has been restart. The problem was coming up occasionally but yesterday I faced it thrice in a day which had me perturbed. Has anyone else faced it? I did Google around and there have been reports of such problems when the phones were charged using particular 3-pin chargers. But we in India have 2-pin chargers and also I have faced this problem even when the phone was not connected to a charger.
I had faced this issue couple of times while my iPhone 5 was on iOS7 whilst post updating to iOS 7.0.2 I haven't faced this issue. Also it is too early for me to comment now because it's less than a week my phone is on 7.0.2 hence will keep you posted if it happens one more time.
Old 5th October 2013, 22:01   #6393
BHPian

Apple reportedly making a push in Indian retail stores
http://www.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-576...retail-stores/
Old 8th October 2013, 16:05   #6394
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

iPhone 6 to have 4.8 inch screen:

http://www.firstpost.com/tech/apple-...t-1159357.html
Old 8th October 2013, 16:45   #6395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Last week purchased the iphone 5 32gb and upgraded to IOS 7.0.2.

Now I have to restart the phone every day to be able to use it, if I dont restart in the morning my phone is unreacable to anyone who is trying to dial me and I cant make any outgoing call either.

Wife's phone is not having any such issues though it runs on the same upgraded version of IOS.

Out network parner is the same aswell, not sure whats wrong here is it the phone or something else. Have logged a call with the operator and they say from their end there isnt any issue in the network but still they will check and will get back in 24 hrs.

Apple store has suggested to bring the phone to their service center to have look at it.

Anyone else facing this issue with iphone 5 IOS 7.0.2 upgrade.

This isnt a pleasant experience after buying such an expensive piece of equipment.
OK So the experience of owing up an Apple iphone is continuing in a horrid and harrasing way.

Sat went with me struggling to get a replacement of the phone from the store in CP where I had bough it a week back. Keep in mind this is the second purchase from the store within a span of 2 weeks, my wife's iphone 16gb was bought from the same place.

The service manager was not at all cutomer centric and even suggested to use his blackberry for 2 days so that he can diagnose the phone problems at his end. I mean Apple store rep pushing another brand to the customer, God help Apple with such brand ambassodors.

The store is listed as a premium reseller at Apple India site and I believe is the sole premuim reseller in Connaught Place area.

Anyways the service manager suggested to restore the phone and was confident that the phone will be working flawlessly, I had to agree since there wasnt any other choice I had at that time as I was breaking my head against a wall.

The phone was restored, the phone was working and then next day as it is again it hanged and I was not able to call or recieve any calls. Rebooted the device, same issue, took the sim out and booted again, it works.

So much so for an Apple experience within a week, I even went to Vodafone store and got the nano sim changed twice suspecting it might be a problem in the sim. But nopes, the phone still hangs everyday anytime as it has a mind of its own.

Ahh and I forgot to add the phone box states the manufacture date of Dec 2012, not sure what is the policy of keeping stock in the Apple store but pushing a 6 months old stock to a customer is not what I would expect from a premium brand like Apple.

I had to wait for 45 mins to use the phone for the first time as there was no charge on the phone, it was dead.
Imagine Apple being soo anal about customer experience and user friendly approach - how can they miss on this part? A customer who has purchased a 50K + phone finds out that he cant use the phone right away since the phone has no charge and he has to wait for 1 hr to get it charged and actually use it. Somehow I believe this shouldnt be like this, all the other phone's I have puchased till date come with atleast a minimum charge of 30% so that you can switch on the phone and use it - The first expeience itself was not right I will say.

Finally today I spoke with Apple Care and now things are looking a bit brighter, they were firstly very shocked to hear about my experience over past week with one of their stores and they way I got treated.

They have accepted to replace the phone, however the 32gb phone is not in stock so I will have to wait till it comes back in stock - Friday is waht they are targetting.

All in all if I had pumped in less money on 16gb phone I would have got the replacement instantly as they are ones which are selling like hot cakes, since I pumped in more money in a premium product for a 32gb version iphone 5 I ought to wait for the replacement to arrive. I find it utter ridiculous and am still waiting when I can use my phone truely and soo called Apple expeience shines on me in a good way.

Last edited by invincible7 : 8th October 2013 at 16:57.
Old 9th October 2013, 18:52   #6396
BHPian

For those that are interested in the release date of the Iphone 5C and 5S. its coming out on the 1st

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/09/a...ch-20-markets/
Old 9th October 2013, 20:51   #6397
PPS
Senior - BHPian

iPhone 5s & 5c launching in India on 1st November.

http://tech2.in.com/news/smartphones...ember-1/917016
Old 9th October 2013, 21:17   #6398
Team-BHP Support

http://www.iclarified.com/34581/appl...n-october-25th Yup Nov 1st its coming to India, key factor would be the price point! Hope they keep it at respectable level and not increase another 5k citing exchange rate
Old 9th October 2013, 21:57   #6399
BHPian

I sincerely wish the iPhone 5s 16GB version comes within 50k. Last time around, the iPhone 5 32GB was around 52k, as far as I remember.

If it's not within 50k, then it is going to be a tough battle with all the senses, trying to justify buying a phone worth more than half a freaking lakh!
I guess I can owe all my frustration to the weak status of the INR
Old 9th October 2013, 22:47   #6400
BHPian

First unconfirmed iPhone pricing rumour in India, releasing Nov 1st:

iPhone 5s 16GB at 45K INR
iPhone 5c 16GB at 35K INR

Not bad pricing at all considering the weak rupee..
Old 9th October 2013, 23:11   #6401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
First unconfirmed iPhone pricing rumour in India, releasing Nov 1st:

iPhone 5s 16GB at 45K INR
iPhone 5c 16GB at 35K INR

Not bad pricing at all considering the weak rupee..
I hear 55k and 38k for the 16 GB
Old 10th October 2013, 14:16   #6402
BHPian

The 5C should be in the 35k range as thats what it is selling for on ebay, which is US imported/smuggled stuff. Usually the closer we get to an official launch, the nearer the smuggled prices get to the billed ones. So it should be an indicator. If the 5C is around 35k, then the 5S should be in the 42-45k range, which will be really good. If its more than 50, then I think its way overpriced.
Old 10th October 2013, 15:46   #6403
BHPian

As per Apple USA, the prices for contract free iPhone 5s models are as follows:

16GB - US$ 649 = INR 40238
32GB - US$ 749 = INR 46438
64GB - US$ 849 = INR 52638

Based on these prices, and assuming INR to be at 62 for 1 US$, I think the retail price for our market will be at least 10-12k higher.
There goes my plan of getting a new 5s as a replacement for the ageing 4 . Thanks so much, useless Indian government.
Old 10th October 2013, 18:52   #6404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
As per Apple USA, the prices for contract free iPhone 5s models are as follows:

16GB - US$ 649 = INR 40238
32GB - US$ 749 = INR 46438
64GB - US$ 849 = INR 52638

Based on these prices, and assuming INR to be at 62 for 1 US$, I think the retail price for our market will be at least 10-12k higher.
There goes my plan of getting a new 5s as a replacement for the ageing 4 . Thanks so much, useless Indian government.
Add about $50-60 for the final price of them since they do not include tax till you enter your zip code online
Old 10th October 2013, 19:31   #6405
Team-BHP Support

Picked 2 of these yesterday here in Calgary , silver & new Black , Gold are still in short supplies . I feel new Black with a fresh side aluminium colour looks better & different than the others .

Not much measurable difference in speed of regular things over 5 but the Finger Print scanner is really a breeze , no more typing long passwords , just place thumb and you are good .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks