Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2013, 12:23   #6376
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

My iPhone 4's external speaker is giving me problems these days. The volume is too low and soft. I am certain that its a hardware issue.

Any idea, where can I get it repaired in Gurgaon/Delhi? Which is a preferred and reliable repair center?
Old 3rd October 2013, 12:24   #6377
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I updated my dads Iphone 5 to IOS 7. Since few days the phone becomes hot and its battery drains. Like today in the morning at around 8 the battery was 100%. Right now when I took out the phone from my pocket it was hot and battery 60%. What could be the issue? It seems to have happened after I updated the phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Try restoring and re-installing the OS, also see if any app is running in background and draining battery off.
I would suggest to restore device as new, and then do not restore your backup. Use the device as factory fresh for a day or two, and see if the issue persists. If no, then restore backup. If yes, hardware issue, speak to Apple.
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:07   #6378
Distinguished - BHPian

I upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 7 just after its release. After the upgrade, I am facing a problem. While the screen is locked, sometimes the screen becomes unresponsive. Only the slide touches to open the Control center and Notification center work. Even I cannot close the Control center. The solution has been restart. The problem was coming up occasionally but yesterday I faced it thrice in a day which had me perturbed. Has anyone else faced it?

I did Google around and there have been reports of such problems when the phones were charged using particular 3-pin chargers. But we in India have 2-pin chargers and also I have faced this problem even when the phone was not connected to a charger.
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:25   #6379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I would suggest to restore device as new, and then do not restore your backup. Use the device as factory fresh for a day or two, and see if the issue persists. If no, then restore backup. If yes, hardware issue, speak to Apple.

Thanks but why is the phone becoming hot. It is not warm but hot. Earlier it never happened.
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:25   #6380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 7 just after its release. After the upgrade, I am facing a problem. While the screen is locked, sometimes the screen becomes unresponsive. Only the slide touches to open the Control center and Notification center work.
The same issue was faced by my wife a few days ago on her 32 GB white Iphone5 on ios 7.0.2.
This happened when the phone was off the charger and not charging. Restarting solved the problem, however I haven't heard her complain again or maybe she has restarted herself again, which I will check and revert.

In general, I have noticed that swipe to answer incoming calls when phone is locked is a bit less responsive than on ios6. I hope apple sorts these bugs out early. I'm on a 16 GB Ip5 on ios 7.0.2 and my screen has never frozen.
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:44   #6381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Thanks but why is the phone becoming hot. It is not warm but hot. Earlier it never happened.
The phone becomes hot when there is high internet usage or when you play games. This problem was there before the upgrade too. May be the heat is more prominently felt because of the metal body.

As suggested above, do check out for resource consuming apps which may be running in the background and close them if unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
The same issue was faced by my wife a few days ago on her 32 GB white Iphone5 on ios 7.0.2.
I also have the white 32GB one. I upgraded to iOS 7.0.2 now. Lets see if it solves the problem. Do update if your problem persists.
Old 3rd October 2013, 17:37   #6382
BHPian

Guys just wanted to tell one more thing. This issue was not present when I updated the phone. Infact after update the battery life seemed to have improved. The issue has started maybe since last 2 days.
Old 4th October 2013, 10:40   #6383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
My iPhone 4's external speaker is giving me problems these days. The volume is too low and soft. I am certain that its a hardware issue.

Any idea, where can I get it repaired in Gurgaon/Delhi? Which is a preferred and reliable repair center?
Need inputs on this query!
Old 4th October 2013, 12:12   #6384
Senior - BHPian

i'm seriously contemplating reverting to 6.1.3. 7 and the subsequent 7.02 is killing my iPhone 4. although 90% of the installed apps work fine (although laggy), apps like RR3, which used to work on 6.1.3, now have problems on iOS 7. in between screen changes, i can go for a tea break!

oh btw, the phone is sorta laggy on the whole
Old 4th October 2013, 13:24   #6385
BHPian

Can I owe this to the ios 7 upgrade? ->
Skype wifi calls' volume is too low! I had to press it to the ear like "anything" to hear "something".
Added- I connected the apple earphones..and voila! nothing can be heard..

+
agree to the above. My i4 lags big time during some non-critical activities..like opening up new browser sessions, opening time for some particular apps etc. (including fb) Else i feel ios7 quite snapper otherwise though.
Swipe to answer a call doesnt feel respnsive half the times!
Volume has come down a 'little' bit during normal calls too
General memory requirements has gone up (as observed thru Battery doctor)
Old 4th October 2013, 16:46   #6386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i'm seriously contemplating reverting to 6.1.3. 7 and the subsequent 7.02 is killing my iPhone 4. although 90% of the installed apps work fine (although laggy), apps like RR3, which used to work on 6.1.3, now have problems on iOS 7. in between screen changes, i can go for a tea break!

oh btw, the phone is sorta laggy on the whole
There is no way you can revert to a previous iOS version, so you can pretty much rule out that option once you have upgraded - atleast not through direct means.

Also, over a period of time you have newer apps developed from iOS7 upwards, which wont be compatible with your phone. In addition, at some point if you need to restore your phone for some software issue, it comes back to the latest software version which currently is 7.0.2.

I have heard of iPhone 4 being affected with lags post the upgrade, and the solution for the same is to backup and then restore phone using iTunes as new, and then restoring backup.
Old 4th October 2013, 16:58   #6387
BHPian

Last week purchased the iphone 5 32gb and upgraded to IOS 7.0.2.

Now I have to restart the phone every day to be able to use it, if I dont restart in the morning my phone is unreacable to anyone who is trying to dial me and I cant make any outgoing call either.

Wife's phone is not having any such issues though it runs on the same upgraded version of IOS.

Out network parner is the same aswell, not sure whats wrong here is it the phone or something else. Have logged a call with the operator and they say from their end there isnt any issue in the network but still they will check and will get back in 24 hrs.

Apple store has suggested to bring the phone to their service center to have look at it.

Anyone else facing this issue with iphone 5 IOS 7.0.2 upgrade.

This isnt a pleasant experience after buying such an expensive piece of equipment.
Old 4th October 2013, 18:00   #6388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Last week purchased the iphone 5 32gb and upgraded to IOS 7.0.2.
Now I have to restart the phone every day to be able to use it, if I dont restart in the morning my phone is unreacable to anyone who is trying to dial me and I cant make any outgoing call either.
This issue surfaced only after upgrading to 7.0.2?
Otherwise, probably an unfortunate case of receiving a defective piece. It’s quite harrowing when something like this happen to a brand new purchase.
Old 4th October 2013, 18:08   #6389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
This issue surfaced only after upgrading to 7.0.2?
Otherwise, probably an unfortunate case of receiving a defective piece. It’s quite harrowing when something like this happen to a brand new purchase.
Well to be honest, I got the phone on Saturday and the first thing I did was upgrade it to IOS 7.0.2 as it was the latest software update available from Apple. My wife's phone was already running on IOS 7.0.2 with no issues whatsoever for over a week.

I am not sure whether its the software as my other friends who are using iphone 5 and running IOS 7.0.2 arent facing this issue as I am.

Can be the phone, but I find it hard to believe that a new phone from a premium brand can be having such issues, if its like this then not sure what to say here.
Old 4th October 2013, 18:24   #6390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
I am not sure whether its the software as my other friends who are using iphone 5 and running IOS 7.0.2 arent facing this issue as I am.
Can be the phone, but I find it hard to believe that a new phone from a premium brand can be having such issues, if its like this then not sure what to say here.
It could be an issue with the piece you got. My iPad mini is on 7.0.2 and no issues whatsoever. Take the phone immediately to Apple Service Centre, and they should be replacing your phone with a new one.

I agree that its quite irritating, but unfortunately does happen with occasionally with all these brands (not just Apple). I had an HTC Windows Phone replaced in the first week due to a malfunctioning camera flash, and a couple of years back, my iPhone 4 was replaced under warranty due to an inconsistent Home button. Recently my wife’s Samsung Note 2 had WiFi trouble in the first week, and Samsung had to do a motherboard replacement and some other updates (their strange policy does not allow to do a 1-1 replacement, even in the first week of purchase). In comparison I find Apple products and support quite reliable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks