Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2014, 18:07   #6751
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
How much is iphone 5s nowadays withbill & in grey market ?
Any scheme for cashbacks ?
thanks
I think there is a Citibank 10% cash back offer till 31st March - check website of Apple/Citibank to confirm the same.
Old 8th March 2014, 19:47   #6752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post

I think there is a Citibank 10% cash back offer till 31st March - check website of Apple/Citibank to confirm the same.
The is an offer on Hdfc for genpact employees as well.
10% off, and 2500 cashback.
So, if you know someone.... Carry on.
Old 10th March 2014, 20:52   #6753
BHPian

My first foray into IOS after being an android supporter and to an extent a critic of IOS, has been pleasant to say the least. I was using a 512MB android phone, which is still going strong albeit with a lot of lag an crashes, and my shift to IOS was purely based on my requirements of consistency in getting emails which my IOS friend said was seamless.

After more than 2 months of use, I'll say that my 5c is smooth, no lags as yet, inspite of more than double the apps I had on my android phone and heavy usage to say the least. Emails have been perfect without any delays or other glitches. FB, Twitter, Whatsapp and other social apps which are constantly connected and keep updating content, etc.

The phone feels good to hold, never fell from my hands till now (touchwood), got a back cover, which is black in color and good to grip. I can go on and on about this phone as I'm truly enjoying the experience, a lag free experience that I didn't have in my previous android phone for 2 years. If it's your first foray into IOS, I wouldn't mind recommending a 5c. It's more than one can ask for.
Old 10th March 2014, 23:43   #6754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
My first foray into IOS after being an android supporter and to an extent a critic of IOS, has been pleasant to say the least. I was using a 512MB android phone, which is still going strong albeit with a lot of lag an crashes, and my shift to IOS was purely based on my requirements of consistency in getting emails which my IOS friend said was seamless.

After more than 2 months of use, I'll say that my 5c is smooth, no lags as yet, inspite of more than double the apps I had on my android phone and heavy usage to say the least. Emails have been perfect without any delays or other glitches. FB, Twitter, Whatsapp and other social apps which are constantly connected and keep updating content, etc.

The phone feels good to hold, never fell from my hands till now (touchwood), got a back cover, which is black in color and good to grip. I can go on and on about this phone as I'm truly enjoying the experience, a lag free experience that I didn't have in my previous android phone for 2 years. If it's your first foray into IOS, I wouldn't mind recommending a 5c. It's more than one can ask for.
Agreed - All one wants is that the USD falls and Apple reduces their crazy premium (100 USD jump leads to 10000 INR jump in prices). My boss bought a 5S after his iPhone4 for this very reason. Over 3.5 years, the Apple premium was worth it for him. Of course, he is really careful with his phone.
Old 10th March 2014, 23:45   #6755
BHPian

iPhone 4 and 4S are considerably faster with iOS 7.1.
Old 11th March 2014, 10:38   #6756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
iPhone 4 and 4S are considerably faster with iOS 7.1.
Yep!! And definitely more stable. I was sick of the 'white screen of death', the constant crashes to homescreen and the random reboots on my 5. This and the Touch ID improvements are more welcome than their CarPlay updates just now.
Old 12th March 2014, 11:07   #6757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
My first foray into IOS after being an android supporter and to an extent a critic of IOS,...
I'm truly enjoying the experience, a lag free experience that I didn't have in my previous android phone...
Was in the same 'boat' of using Android and open systems and all that. But the performance issue with my S3 was a put off. Have a iPhone 5 & also a 4S and the experience is wonderful, to say the least.

And now with iOS 7.1, the UI is even better. 4S also got updated. Can't ask for more.
Old 12th March 2014, 16:35   #6758
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Checked it but that offer is avail on mrp of 53500.
how some people got for 48k so ?
Old 12th March 2014, 17:08   #6759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Checked it but that offer is avail on mrp of 53500.
how some people got for 48k so ?
depending on the colour, you might get it cheaper on Flipkart. currently the black/gray is around 48K on flippy.

when buying from an outlet the cash back offer on Citibank cards will be paid back in 2-3months. this is what i've been told by the folks at Sangeetha. maybe one has to call Citibank to find out how this works.
Old 12th March 2014, 22:09   #6760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
...And now with iOS 7.1, the UI is even better. 4S also got updated. Can't ask for more.
Yup! The updates are the best part of ios. You don't have to wait for it to reach your phone and doesn't depend on the manufacturer and the make, like the Android phones.

Fortunately, like some users have experienced, I never faced the white screen problem on my 5c, in the past 2+ months of use. So the 7.1 update probably won't affect me much unless there is a noticeable increase in performance. Since my phone was already performing smoothly I didn't notice much different before and after the 7.1 update.
Old 13th March 2014, 00:50   #6761

I'd bought the iPhone 5s 16GB a few weeks back - in India at around 53k (exchanged my year old screen-broken Lumia for a surprising 4K, thanks to the apple store).

I personally feel this is the best apple product I've used - I also own the MacBook Pro, iPad 4, and iPod touch. The amount of time I spend on my laptop is reduced considerably - I now use my laptop for work, iPad for movies, iPod for songs, and iPhone for everything else (browsing, facebook, team-bhp, mails).

I wouldn't recommend purchasing it from anywhere outside India. True Apple products have an international warranty but it's a pain to get that enforced here (sorry apple fans, I'm also one - but need to accept this). Even if you're lucky with the warranty, I see there are some network/service provider issues.

I totally love the latest update (iOS 7.1). The button feature is cool and gives a rich look. Also, the sensitivity of the Touch ID has improved, and the HDR feature in 5S's camera is automatically enabled. The keyboard has become better with a brighter interface - the space between keys has increased.

Lastly, I wish Honda City's (all new '14) iPhone integrity feature can be extended to effect carplay.
Old 13th March 2014, 12:36   #6762
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even if you're lucky with the warranty, I see there are some network/service provider issues

That's not correct , I have used almost all of iphone's always bought from Canada / USA . There has never been any network issue . Can you elaborate
Old 13th March 2014, 22:44   #6763
Senior - BHPian

Updated my iPhone 5 to 7.1 today, feels a little quicker.
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the significant changes in the general interface? I see some changes during a call, but I'm unable to figure out the updates pertaining to accessibility.
Old 14th March 2014, 12:30   #6764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

That's not correct , I have used almost all of iphone's always bought from Canada / USA . There has never been any network issue . Can you elaborate

I haven't faced the issue personally. But when I went to an Apple store in Bangalore to enquire about the iPhone (that's when the gold colour was in craze and out of stock for weeks), the staff there advised me not to purchase it from abroad, and one of them said he'd seen people coming back with network issues in such cases. So I didn't want to risk it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Updated my iPhone 5 to 7.1 today, feels a little quicker.
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the significant changes in the general interface? I see some changes during a call, but I'm unable to figure out the updates pertaining to accessibility.

The calendar interface has become better (you can view daily events), also the button shapes and the keyboard's clarity - these are the things I felt most. Anyways, I just saw this -

http://bgr.com/2014/03/13/ios-7-1-features-top-5/

Hope it helps.
Old 15th March 2014, 17:27   #6765
Senior - BHPian

IOS 7.1 still does not give us the option to cancel an incoming call. The only option I have is to message the caller which is not possible if the call is from a landline or I can set a reminder option for that call. Why can't Apple just give us a simple reject option?

Most Viewed