Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2016, 07:21   #9451
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
That's more out of the powers of consumer laws in the country, rather than Apple's benevolence. Personally, i don't think it would be a brand new phone, as it would always be boxed.
Possible; my reference is with some of the other consumer giants here – say Samsung. My S7 Egde glass cracked recently and they quoted 3-5 working days for fixing it. Couple of years back we had an issue with a brand new Note (just 3 days old), and they wanted to repair the motherboard instead of replacing the unit.

Regarding the brand new phone – I wouldn’t know. It looked all new to me
I asked why the packaging is different and she said 6s 16GB is not in sale now, and Apple ship replacement units in a different package (without charger, headphones etc.).
Old 11th October 2016, 07:29   #9452
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Possible; my reference is with some of the other consumer giants here – say Samsung. My S7 Egde glass cracked recently and they quoted 3-5 working days for fixing it. Couple of years back we had an issue with a brand new Note (just 3 days old), and they wanted to repair the motherboard instead of replacing the unit.

Regarding the brand new phone – I wouldn’t know. It looked all new to me
I asked why the packaging is different and she said 6s 16GB is not in sale now, and Apple ship replacement units in a different package (without charger, headphones etc.).
I agree with your points on comparing with other manufacturers.

As for the phones which are swapped over as replacements, these are indeed refurbished/remanufactured units. I used to work in Apple Care (Aus/NZ and Singapore) for some time, and we had instructions to use the term 'remanufactured' rather than refurbished whencommunicating with customers.

Anyway, hopefully you don't have any more troubles with the replaced unit. What's the warranty duration they've provided?
Old 11th October 2016, 08:01   #9453
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
As for the phones which are swapped over as replacements, these are indeed refurbished/remanufactured units. I used to work in Apple Care (Aus/NZ and Singapore) for some time, and we had instructions to use the term 'remanufactured' rather than refurbished whencommunicating with customers.

Anyway, hopefully you don't have any more troubles with the replaced unit. What's the warranty duration they've provided?
Thanks… That’s good to know
Warranty is aligned to the original purchase – that will be until May 2017. But by early next year we will complete one year contract on this line, and probably will trade-in this for the 7 or 7 plus.
Old 11th October 2016, 08:41   #9454
Distinguished - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Picture clicked by me from the iPhone 7+

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1476155272.715634.jpg

Old 11th October 2016, 21:36   #9455
BHPian

hey guys
any idea where to get a genuine leather case for the iphone 7?
I checked out the brand vorson on the amazon app,any reviews/experiences?
the apple leather case @3900/- is a pretty expensive option
Old 11th October 2016, 22:59   #9456
BHPian

Can someone tell me how's the performance of iPhone 5s on ios10? I'm still on ios9 and am hesitating to update incase it gets slow. Any experiences regarding the same will be appreciable!
Old 11th October 2016, 23:30   #9457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Can someone tell me how's the performance of iPhone 5s on ios10?
my daughters got it on her 16gb 5s and says it is fine. She is not a heavy user apart from whatsapp and a few linguistic apps though.
Old 11th October 2016, 23:32   #9458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone tell me how's the performance of iPhone 5s on ios10? I'm still on ios9 and am hesitating to update incase it gets slow. Any experiences regarding the same will be appreciable!
Its working absolutely fine in my Iphone 5. No lag or any kind of issues. Its better than IOS 9. Get the updated 10.0.2.

Edit : Am looking for a back cover for Iphone 6S which should be delivered to me shortly.
Has any one tried the Ferrari back covers or any idea how they are? I mean some thing like this- https://www.flipkart.com/ferrari-bac...CEHA9CVVDCSZHA

Last edited by Samba : 11th October 2016 at 23:41.
Old 12th October 2016, 00:02   #9459
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Its working absolutely fine in my Iphone 5. No lag or any kind of issues. Its better than IOS 9. Get the updated 10.0.2.

Edit : Am looking for a back cover for Iphone 6S which should be delivered to me shortly.
Has any one tried the Ferrari back covers or any idea how they are? I mean some thing like this- https://www.flipkart.com/ferrari-bac...CEHA9CVVDCSZHA

Ive used one of those. They look real classy, but started loosing its sheen sooner than id like.
Color started fading off after 3-4 months.

Last edited by kkkkkaran : 12th October 2016 at 00:08.
Old 12th October 2016, 00:30   #9460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Ive used one of those. They look real classy, but started loosing its sheen sooner than id like.
Color started fading off after 3-4 months.
Ah okay, thanks for the prompt reply. I was about to order one online but will refrain now. I will go to any store and buy a branded one from there like Capdase or Spigen.
Old 12th October 2016, 00:56   #9461
BHPian

Quote:
No worries. 5S runs ios 10 just fine.
I was also skeptical after my earlier experience with iphone 4 which became too slow to my liking once I did a major update. Took the plunge and all is well still with my 5S.
Old 12th October 2016, 07:22   #9462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
hey guys
any idea where to get a genuine leather case for the iphone 7?
I checked out the brand vorson on the amazon app,any reviews/experiences?
the apple leather case @3900/- is a pretty expensive option

They are available at the Apple Store albeit expensive, try out the stuff cool website. I've ordered the case mate tough mag cover for my phone. I had it for the 5s and 2 Xperia Z' at home at they work well with the protection and age well too! Here's a picture of it. Isn't too bulky and the grip is superb. Also you can be carefree if it has a nice fall. Choose the colour you want have the black

http://www.stuffcool.com/collections...-iphone-7-gold

Attachment 1565281

Attachment 1565282

Please merge moderators, it keeps giving an error on uploads.

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1476237304.989409.jpg
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1476237317.422836.jpg

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th October 2016 at 12:49.
Old 12th October 2016, 14:35   #9463
BHPian

iPhone 7 Case LEATHER SHELL Back Cover Case For Apple iPhone 7 (4.7") https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01LXDS4PV/..._3XF.xbF24PDBF
Im planning to order this
will give you a review upon reciept
thank you for the feedback
Old 12th October 2016, 15:28   #9464
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
iPhone 7 Case LEATHER SHELL Back Cover Case For Apple iPhone 7 (4.7")
Careful with these, if you are drop prone like me. Ones with open edges have a tendency to pop out during drops and damage the phone. For protection i would suggest you try Spigen Armor series, it sleek and offers excellent protection as tested Something like this, though i paid only 900 bucks 2 weeks back.
Old 12th October 2016, 15:44   #9465
BHPian

I am thinking of getting iphone 6 plus 128gb version. My usage is heavy internet browsing, whatsapp, face book, lots of music listening, watching videos, and no games at all except chess or scrabble.

Is 1 GB RAM enough for my usage?

In my budget I can either get 6 plus 128 gb or 6s plus 16 gb. So choice is more storage vs more RAM. Please recommend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks