Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2017, 16:05   #10021
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good place to get an iPhone 6 display replaced in Delhi-NCR or Chandigarh ?

My iPhone 6 dropped and the screen is broken. Someone i know had done an aftermarket replacement but the touch quality was not the same and it stopped working within a month, even though it cost Rs. 7000.

Please share your inputs on any tried and tested outlets in these cities or should i just get it done from an Apple service center? Any idea on the costs if i get it done from an authorized service center ?

Thank you
Old 21st April 2017, 19:55   #10022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations on a good place to get an iPhone 6 display replaced in Delhi-NCR or Chandigarh ?

My iPhone 6 dropped and the screen is broken. Someone i know had done an aftermarket replacement but the touch quality was not the same and it stopped working within a month, even though it cost Rs. 7000.

Please share your inputs on any tried and tested outlets in these cities or should i just get it done from an Apple service center? Any idea on the costs if i get it done from an authorized service center ?

Thank you
I don't think the authorized service centre will replace your display. They will ask for a certain amount and replace your complete phone. As far as I know, Apple authorised service centres are against replacing parts.
Old 21st April 2017, 20:22   #10023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitj92 View Post
I don't think the authorized service centre will replace your display. They will ask for a certain amount and replace your complete phone. As far as I know, Apple authorised service centres are against replacing parts.

Nowadays they are replacing the display for iPhones.
Old 21st April 2017, 20:36   #10024
Team-BHP Support

Funny things happening with the iPhones in my family.

My 6 purchased in the US could not tolerate 0-5 deg C temperatures in Zurich and switched off every time it was used outdoors. Turned on when I was indoors.

My wife's 5s purchased in India continued to work without a problem.

But.. her phone switched off in 37deg C and 75% humidity in Manipal last week! Same thing happened when we were in Konkan a couple of weeks back.

My friend had told me how his 4s switched off during peak Delhi summer but our phones have taken it to the next level!
Old 21st April 2017, 23:53   #10025
BANNED

Quote:

Thank you
I have recommended repair places or services to some of my friends and many worked for 3-4 months but then went kaput. I would suggest checking out apple service itself first.
Old 22nd April 2017, 00:05   #10026
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you

About 4 years back I got my 4s screen replaced for around Rs 3000 in Gurgaon - south point mall. The name of the shop was - Delhi Electronics. It is bang opposite to the Apple service center. It's been working flawlessly since the repair and now serves as a gaming phone for my kid.
Old 22nd April 2017, 01:35   #10027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Funny things happening with the iPhones in my family.

My 6 purchased in the US could not tolerate 0-5 deg C temperatures in Zurich and switched off every time it was used outdoors. Turned on when I was indoors.

My wife's 5s purchased in India continued to work without a problem.

But.. her phone switched off in 37deg C and 75% humidity in Manipal last week! Same thing happened when we were in Konkan a couple of weeks back.

My friend had told me how his 4s switched off during peak Delhi summer but our phones have taken it to the next level!
My 5S gets switched off here in Sweden for temp below 0 deg. Just need to limit the exposure of the metal body to the cold, works a bit better with the case.

I mean it works, for Sweden rally I missed a lot of video because my phone got switched off. It turn back on once I keep it in my pocket for sometime. The worst case was when I was using the phone to navigate in the city, it got switched off twice and because of that I was late to a meeting having started 15 minutes early.

Last edited by ecenandu : 22nd April 2017 at 01:37.
Old 22nd April 2017, 02:01   #10028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you
Search this thread. I recommend Zion. Lots of other guys in NCR offer pickup/drop service but I don't trust such folks.

Urbanclap has some certified iPhone repair folks offering at home replacements. tried that?
Old 22nd April 2017, 02:03   #10029
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you

Here's what I did when my 5s display went kaput. I went to a shop who told me he'd charge me 5k for a new display that's 99% original, whatever that meant. What I told him to do in turn was to switch my display with another 5s that was recently sold to him and to put they 99% original display on that phone he was going to sell. Like this I know I had an original display and this was 2.5 years ago. That phone still functions brilliantly and is being used by my sister now that I got the iPhone 7. Check such dealers that repair and sell second hand phones, request them to do such a thing!
Old 22nd April 2017, 08:42   #10030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Here's what I did when my 5s display went kaput. I went to a shop who told me he'd charge me 5k for a new display that's 99% original, whatever that meant. What I told him to do in turn was to switch my display with another 5s that was recently sold to him and to put they 99% original display on that phone he was going to sell. Like this I know I had an original display and this was 2.5 years ago. That phone still functions brilliantly and is being used by my sister now that I got the iPhone 7. Check such dealers that repair and sell second hand phones, request them to do such a thing!
Excellent insight. Also reaffirms my recommendation to never buy any used mobile phones from a dealer!

Quote:

Thank you
Official dealer charged some 13k for screen replacement back in aug 16. 90 day warranty for the same.
Old 22nd April 2017, 08:49   #10031
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Excellent insight. Also reaffirms my recommendation to never buy any used mobile phones from a dealer!
+1

I want the best and don't want to be scammed, others de damned! *We Indians are like this only.*

I wouldn't even trust a used phone (or any other commodity) from a non-known source.
Old 22nd April 2017, 11:49   #10032
BHPian

Bought an iPhone 7 128GB Rose Gold for my Mom from Paytm last evening. Rs 58000 less 7500 cashback. 6S 128 GB was cheaper by 1000, so went for the 7. Seems to be the best price available as of now.
A year and a half ago, I bought my 64GB 6s for more than this.:-)
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:38   #10033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you
iService is pretty good here in Bangalore. AFAIK they have a branch in Delhi as well. They give a warranty and will repair any issues free of charge within the warranty period. My colleague had his iPhone 6 screen repaired and he is happy with it

Last edited by pganapathy : 22nd April 2017 at 12:40.
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:47   #10034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
My 5S gets switched off here in Sweden for temp below 0 deg. Just need to limit the exposure of the metal body to the cold, works a bit better with the case.
It happened with me when I was on the ferry to Ellis Island. My guess here was that it becomes too cold for the current to flow through the battery. I plugged in my power bank and the phone didn't switch off till the power bank remained plugged in.
Old 22nd April 2017, 13:26   #10035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
How would you know that the screen he put in, is not non-original to begin with?

Technically you paid good money for a 2 year old screen. Interesting tradeoff.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks