Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2020, 11:19   #12631
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thank you! Bulgy means it adds to the size? From the pictures I thought it will be quite thin. Maybe cancel the order and try another one?

My S10 has this thin transparent case which came with the phone. Maybe should get something similar to that?

Attachment 1987157
Yes, but am referring this one and the URL you shared also taken me to the same.
The transparent one which is very thin and looks good. but it turns to be yellowish shade on months of usage and i personally witnessed it, even cleaned every week. Good buy though.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 2nd April 2020, 13:25   #12632
BHPian

Quote:
Got the 11 Pro 256GB yesterday. Thank you for the suggestions.
Great choice there vb-san! More importantly, good that you opted for the 256GB storage. Anything lower then 128GB is a strict NO for iPhone now.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 13:28   #12633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Yes, but am referring this one and the URL you shared also taken me to the same.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yeah its the same; send an order cancelation request to Amazon. Will see if it goes through

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Great choice there vb-san! More importantly, good that you opted for the 256GB storage. Anything lower then 128GB is a strict NO for iPhone now.
Thanks!
Yes, and with the 11 pro, the option below 256 is 64GB and that is really inadequate in the current age.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 13:52   #12634
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Though I am tempted to use the phone without an additional skin/case, it probably won’t be a good idea considering the glass back
I have this; it's transparent and rugged but yes, some dirt that seeps in is visible.

https://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Ultra-H.../dp/B07T6Y2HG7

Quote:
Anything lower then 128GB is a strict NO for iPhone now.
And I've had a 64 gb iPhone (the 6 and now 11) since 2015. I get your point though; each "Live" photo takes up significant space. My near-OCDness helps; I routinely transfer all the pictures to the laptop and delete the iPhone copies. Maybe, I'll get the iCloud 50gb subscription if things get crowded.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2020, 11:33   #12635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I have this; it's transparent and rugged but yes, some dirt that seeps in is visible.
since the back is transparent, has the back become yellow/ish over time or is it still good or you have not used it long enough to tell.

I also have a transparent case that I asked my cousin to get for me along with my phone. After two months the case has started to pale or become yellow which is the case for most plastic/TPU cases.

I bought this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I think they changed the description, it mentioned anti-yellow but now its not there.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-screenshot.jpg  

Old 4th April 2020, 15:17   #12636
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you! And with the Pro 128 was not given as an option as well. Its 64GB, 256GB and 512GB.

Quote:
Good choice and been using the same since 6 months with same spigen liquid air case.
Quote:
Canceled the liquid air case and ordered this from Amazon. Even if its not so good, at least give more time to research. With the Midnight Green colour I don't to use cases which covers the whole phone.

And happy to be back on iPhone. The last one was iPhone 7, and a brief stint with iPhone X. Initial impressions of the 11 Pro is really positive. The size is just right, and the camera is on Pixel beating levels
Old 4th April 2020, 21:33   #12637
Distinguished - BHPian

I am somehow not able to enable the CarPlay Dashboard in either of my Blaupunkt Head units that I own. All I see as the home screen is the list of apps. I am not getting that screen with music, maps side by side. Earlier I read this problem is to do with Apple maps not being installed. But now, they have enabled third party maps for the dashboard and yet it doesnt work for me. Is this a head unit limitation or something to do in the phone?
Old 5th April 2020, 06:31   #12638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I am somehow not able to enable the CarPlay Dashboard in either of my Blaupunkt Head units that I own. All I see as the home screen is the list of apps. I am not getting that screen with music, maps side by side. Earlier I read this problem is to do with Apple maps not being installed. But now, they have enabled third party maps for the dashboard and yet it doesnt work for me. Is this a head unit limitation or something to do in the phone?

This is precisely for the fact that apple maps is not installed. Even though apple has opened up the dashboard view to third party maps, Google maps etc. have not yet been updated to take advantage of the dashboard view. Install apple maps and wait for google maps and other mapping services to be updated.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 09:27   #12639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
This is precisely for the fact that apple maps is not installed. Even though apple has opened up the dashboard view to third party maps, Google maps etc. have not yet been updated to take advantage of the dashboard view. Install apple maps and wait for google maps and other mapping services to be updated.
Thanks for this info. I installed apple maps and it worked to enable the dashboard view. Yes initially I wondered why I couldn't change the map shown on the dashboard but what you say is logical, ie the map providers must now work on the software update. Will stick to Apple maps for a while since I am bored of not having a good dashboard screen.
Old 9th April 2020, 14:38   #12640
BHPian

Hi there, i am an iphone 6s user and i am totally satisfied with my phone except the battery capacity and the 16gb storage. I got the phone in 2015 just after my class 10th board exams as a gift from my parents, as of today its still pretty fast and fluid anyhow due to my longing for a bigger storage and better battery life i decided to give a shot to my mum's old Redmi note 5 that has 64 gigs onboard and a micro-sd support. Mom had only used the device for about an year until she upgraded the iphone xr.

I was quite happy initially with the redmi with its massive battery that made it through the day even with all day usage in the covid-lockdown . Things started turning upside down when the phone started lagging with usual basic apps and even the keyboard would lag. The camera left me very disappointed as well.

Another thing that really irritated me were the ads, they would pop even in the homescreen, sms app. It was a very rough experience to me and then something happened that really pissed me off- clicking on any link in mail or on chrome would open in mi browser whilst chrome was my default browser.

I simply packed the phone back and got back to the 6s, phew what a relief. surprising how a 2015 flagship still so far ahead of a 2018-19 mid-class phone. Now the question is how long will the 6s survive? looking forward to get a 7 plus as that fits my budget right but going by the trend at which apple stops its software support (ex: iphone 4s and 5, iphone 5s and 6) is it worth buying the 7 plus or should i wait longer?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th April 2020 at 15:00. Reason: line spacing for better readability
Old 9th April 2020, 15:55   #12641
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshift99 View Post
I simply packed the phone back and got back to the 6s, phew what a relief. surprising how a 2015 flagship still so far ahead of a 2018-19 mid-class phone. Now the question is how long will the 6s survive? looking forward to get a 7 plus as that fits my budget right but going by the trend at which apple stops its software support (ex: iphone 4s and 5, iphone 5s and 6) is it worth buying the 7 plus or should i wait longer?
Its hard to move from iOS to Android. I struggled when I did the switch initially, but then the last move was to Pixel 2 and that was quite seamless (and the switch back was also easy).

I don't know how much the iPhones cost in India, For you to stay iOS, the best option will be an iPhone XR or 11 with 64B.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 16:04   #12642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I moved from a 6 to 6s and later to 8 plus. The 6s is still performing superb in spite of a single crack across the screen and also a battery that needs replacement. I use it as a second phone when I travel abroad and cant appreciate its form factor in comparison to my 8 plus. Recently I fell down and the 8 plus was in my hand. The result was that the phone got bent and screen had internal damage. I thought of all the options, and decided to get a replacement phone of the same type. My other option was to get the 11 or XR but to be honest, the 8 plus is suiting my needs perfectly with a very good camera and a long lasting battery. The only logical upgrade would have been the 11 pro. Considering the 1L price tag, I ditched the idea.

I would suggest you to get the 7 or better the 8 unless you feel there is something lacking in the phone that you need. Personally I guess phones especially Apple have reached their limits of impressing the customer when it comes to ease of regular use. The android guys on the other hand are anyway adding memory, processor cores, RAM, more cameras and so on. But for me, I need a no non sense phone that gets the basic right - Where the 8 plus works well except for its bulky nature. If only they offered a twin camera setup in the smaller form factor, i would have just brought the IP8
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 18:43   #12643
BHPian

Quote:
is it worth buying the 7 plus or should i wait longer?
Wait for some time. Apple is coming out with a new phone (9 or SE2), might be as soon as this month. Ballpark cost is 400 USD and will undoubtedly have better hardware than 7 plus, though screen size might be a dampener for few.
warrioraks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 21:02   #12644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is it worth buying the 7 plus or should i wait longer?
I would suggest waiting for the iPhone 9 or SE2 or SE whatever they are going to call it.

I believe it’s going to be launched in 2 sizes, 4.7 inches and 5.4 inches. Even if you compare with the 8 Plus which has a screen size of 5.5 inches, getting the latest hardware and software with a 5.4 inch screen should not be a compromise at all. It could be perfect for your needs with rumoured starting price tag of around USD 400.

https://www.gadgetsnow.com/slideshow...t/75057978.cms

Cheers
Old 11th April 2020, 09:08   #12645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Good choice and been using the same since 6 months with same spigen liquid air case.
Quote:
This one is not bad; will see how long it will hold up without decoloration. Doesn't add any bulk to the phone and shows the colour nicely.

Slightly raised to protect the screen
The iPhone Thread-db66a1607f174b448fd36d1854d30bdb.jpg

Clear back
The iPhone Thread-9f69418717d046078b606fac87a4d774.jpg

And slightly protruding edges around the camera bazooka!
The iPhone Thread-bb8fdeff179343a1a3c62e1ec9675ed6.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks