Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2020, 14:27   #13441
BHPian

Re: Android to iPhone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Could any help me out here? I need to copy contents from an android phone(RN4) onto iPhone 11. Please advise!
I was recently in a similar situation as yours, after upgrading from a Oneplus 5 to a 12 Pro Max. Move to IOS app can help you transfer photos, SMS and contacts from the old phone. WhatsApp chats, on the other hand are not that simple, and they need to figure out a way to transfer chats from Android to IOS and vice versa, rather than us relying on 3rd party softwares.

Gave up trying to retrieve old messages and just setup everything as new again. You can save important chats on GDrive by exporting them as txt files on the old phone before transferring the SIM to the new one.
TheDarkKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 16:26   #13442
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

It was me who used the dr.fone software to transfer my whatsapp chats from android to iPhone. My chats were very important so that is why purchased the software. That being said, if your chats aren’t that important, starting fresh would be ideal but if they are, this software seems to work perfect and a simple youtube search for ‘how to transfer whatsapp chats from android to iphone using drfone’ should be enough to figure out how to use it. Anybody that’s skeptical about the software, I can guarantee it works perfectly, and not only it transfer the chats, but also all the media in whatsapp.
pranavmichael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 17:00   #13443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Moving WhatsApp messages, it's not straightforward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I have actually given up on trying to move whatsapp data from android to Iphone or vice versa. Its an absolute pain and has always been. There are so many small points that you need to follow to get this done successfully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Agreed. A few of them had posted on this thread their experiences of moving WhatsApp chats from Android to iOS and that they had paid for a certain app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
WhatsApp chats, on the other hand are not that simple, and they need to figure out a way to transfer chats from Android to IOS and vice versa, rather than us relying on 3rd party softwares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavmichael View Post
It was me who used the dr.fone software to transfer my whatsapp chats from android to iPhone.
Purely of academic interest as I am a steady Android guy but why are WhatsApp migrations so difficult from Android to iOS? I thought one can easily back up the source Android phone on Google Drive and simply restore on the destination iPhone.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 17:13   #13444
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Purely of academic interest as I am a steady Android guy but why are WhatsApp migrations so difficult from Android to iOS? I thought one can easily back up the source Android phone on Google Drive and simply restore on the destination iPhone.
iOS backs up and restores to iCloud whereas Android does the same to google drive.
Can't have it any other way. Hence the issue, and the only way out seems to be the dr.fone app
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 17:17   #13445
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Not difficult, but,

Delete all messages which are not important, especially group or large messages, make a fresh back-up and restore it at a time where you expect zero incoming WhatsApp messages.

From an iOS device, its very easy to shift everything [to an iOS], but it becomes a bit difficult once platforms are different.

This is just my experience and no rule or such.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 11:23   #13446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
... My 6s battery was replaced on Oct 2nd,2020 and its still 100%. I use my old nokia’s(6.1plus) 5W charging adapter along with a locally acquired cable to recharge...

My usage is not too heavy wrt videos so it lasts me around 15-16 hours. I am on iOS14.2
Update: Due to annual shutdown at office, had holidays for last couple of weeks and eventually mobile usage went up. Turns out this new battery doesn’t really last too long with proper usage. I spent good amount of time watching videos and battery needed a recharge twice a day now. Lasts me 5-6 hours with heavy usage, 9-10 hours with moderate usage.

Battery health though remains at 100%. It completed 3 months today. Am still ok with it considering its a 4-5 year old phone

Last edited by SoumenD : 2nd January 2021 at 11:25.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 11:39   #13447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavmichael View Post
It was me who used the dr.fone software to transfer my whatsapp chats from android to iPhone. My chats were very important so that is why purchased the software. Anybody that’s skeptical about the software, I can guarantee it works perfectly, and not only it transfer the chats, but also all the media in whatsapp.
I second the recommendation. I just used it last month to move Whatsapp from Pixel 2 XL to iPhone 11 with no hassles. This combined with the Apple's "Move to iOS" & Google Photos had me switched to iOS in about 1/2 a day.
car_addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 14:58   #13448
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Due to annual shutdown at office, had holidays for last couple of weeks and eventually mobile usage went up. Turns out this new battery doesn’t really last too long with proper usage. I spent good amount of time watching videos and battery needed a recharge twice a day now. Lasts me 5-6 hours with heavy usage, 9-10 hours with moderate usage.

Battery health though remains at 100%. It completed 3 months today. Am still ok with it considering its a 4-5 year old phone
I assume by ‘usage time’ you mean the the time between two charge cycles. Well, in that case 5-6 hours for a heavy usage is great I feel as I too get the same with my IP7 replaced battery.
My SOT in the battery section shows an average of 4.5 hrs.

With my kinda moderate usage I charge the phone to a 90-95 % in the morning, which drops to around 20% by say 7-8 pm.

The only concern for me is the Battery health, which now stands at 97% after 1.5 months of battery replacement.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 15:03   #13449
BHPian

What happens if you guys enable low power mode always? Internet browsing and gaming all seems to work fine.(i have been trying it out for a couple of days)

My battery health is at 80% now after 2+ years of moderate usage, might have to look for replacement soon. Any ballpark figure on the cost involved?
Old 2nd January 2021, 15:17   #13450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I assume by ‘usage time’ you mean the the time between two charge cycles. Well, in that case 5-6 hours for a heavy usage is great I feel as I too get the same with my IP7 replaced battery.
My SOT in the battery section shows an average of 4.5 hrs.
My SOT stands at 7hrs since last two weeks. Yeah I meant cycles between two recharge cycles.

Quote:

The only concern for me is the Battery health, which now stands at 97% after 1.5 months of battery replacement.
This definitely is due to the fast chargers you used. I stick to 5W chargers and probably that’s why the health is 100% after 3 months. Suggest you switch to stock charger ASAP
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 17:42   #13451
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This definitely is due to the fast chargers you used. I stick to 5W chargers and probably that’s why the health is 100% after 3 months.
Does the fast charger really degrade the battery that fast? My 6s doesn't support fast charging, yet my battery health is down to 93% now with new battery installed in June! Most likely iOS 14 could be the reason.
Old 2nd January 2021, 17:52   #13452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Does the fast charger really degrade the battery that fast? My 6s doesn't support fast charging, yet my battery health is down to 93% now with new battery installed in June! Most likely iOS 14 could be the reason.
I am on iOS 14 since the battery got installed. Currently on 14.2 , so don’t think that can be the reason. Since fast charger directly powers the battery am guessing that can be the reason for ashvek3141‘s case.

I can see 14.3 is available but not in a hurry to update as current one is working fine. 14.1 I faced issues with audio, which got sorted on updating to 14.2 . Will wait some more time before updating to iOS 14.3

Last edited by SoumenD : 2nd January 2021 at 17:57.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 19:04   #13453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
My battery health is at 80% now after 2+ years of moderate usage, might have to look for replacement soon. Any ballpark figure on the cost involved?
Depends on which phone you use. IP 6 / 6s & 7 will cost you 3500/- INR @ an authorized Apple SC.

Quote:
My SOT stands at 7hrs since last two weeks. Yeah I meant cycles between two recharge cycles.
Woah! That is some seriously good SOT for a 4 year old 6s. I guess it depends more on the kinda apps you use.
My top 3 apps are Insta, Whatsapp & Youtube. Hence, my SOT might be lower.

Quote:
This definitely is due to the fast chargers you used. I stick to 5W chargers and probably that’s why the health is 100% after 3 months. Suggest you switch to stock charger ASAP
As a matter of fact I have already switched to the stock 5W charger and the battery health has depleted by 2% since then!

Quote:
I can see 14.3 is available but not in a hurry to update as current one is working fine. 14.1 I faced issues with audio, which got sorted on updating to 14.2 . Will wait some more time before updating to iOS 14.3
I updated to iOS 14.3 this morning on reading some positive reviews on the net, but unfortunately my battery is draining faster than usual.
This update was supposed to be improving the ‘battery drain’ issue of the previous update. But looks like it has made it even worse.

I would recommend you to skip this one.

Mods: Sorry for the back to back post.

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd January 2021 at 06:27. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the EDIT / Multi-QUOTE function within 30 minutes of posting.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 19:25   #13454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I updated to iOS 14.3 this morning on reading some positive reviews on the net, but unfortunately my battery is draining faster than usual.
This update was supposed to be improving the ‘battery drain’ issue of the previous update. But looks like it has made it even worse.

I would recommend you to skip this one.
Thanks for the first hand review. Am not updating unless there’s any notable issue with current iOS 14.2

Even my usage is mostly YouTube(40% time),WhatsApp, LinkedIn & google chrome(20% each), rest OTTs casted on TV. Let’s see how long the battery holds the 100% status. Btw have you enabled battery charging optimization? I don’t know if it helps but it says helps ageing so I have enabled it.
The iPhone Thread-79bce5529ed64549bb1a210e9f367c9f.jpeg
Old 2nd January 2021, 19:59   #13455
BHPian

Quote:
Even my usage is mostly YouTube(40% time),WhatsApp, LinkedIn & google chrome(20% each), rest OTTs casted on TV. Let’s see how long the battery holds the 100% status. Btw have you enabled battery charging optimization? I don’t know if it helps but it says helps ageing so I have enabled it.
Yes, it’s ON always. Even if you turn it OFF, the phone automatically turns it ON next time you plug it to a charger.

Seems like the internal hardware of my phone has degraded to; as I have been charging my earlier battery only via the Mi Powerbank which puts out 15W. That is the only reason that comes to my mind with regards to the not-so-good performance of my new battery.
As in, even though the battery is brand new, the other vital internals have lost their sheen is what I am guessing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks