Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2011, 23:07   #2071
Team-BHP Support

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Totally changed what I am buying.

Now getting 2x2.2t Daikin Inverters - 57k each (good price? I think should be a bit lower)

And an E series 1.5t - 29k
Old 19th June 2011, 06:44   #2072
BHPian

Akshay, I got the 2.2T Daikin Inverter FTKD71F (cooling only) for 53.5/- incl taxes + 1K installation charges + copper piping of appx 10-12 meters @650/m. This is Chennai price though. Must point out that I have taken total 5 Daikins from the same dealer in the last 4-6 weeks and promised to taken another 2 next month.
Old 19th June 2011, 09:32   #2073
BANNED

@sanjayc; Thanks for the info. Do Daikin still insist that power only comes in from the outdoor module, or are they open to power being sent out (if required) and then comes back into the room?
Old 19th June 2011, 13:21   #2074
BHPian

Can i please get the contact information of the dealer of Daikin aircons?

Thanks
Old 19th June 2011, 13:24   #2075
BHPian

Hello Team,

Out of the curiosity, today I looked inside our both 5 year old LG 1.5 ton window Ac and to my surprise its having Toshiba compressor.But when I recently went to the market while I wanted to purchase the Ac for our drawing room, the dealer told me that LG uses compressor of some Helgee company.

I think this is the main reason why the LG lost its position in the AC market
and now struggling hard to lure the customers based on the advertisements and promotions.Since the Ac in my parents room is not cooling properly hence after watching the name of Toshiba, my confidence has good a much needed boost in this AC since the gold fins at the outer side are still in very good condition along with the internal side fins.I have called the customer care to send their engineer to look in to the matter asap since now I dont want to
invest another 20-25 thousand in this Ac business.

It would be of great help if the team members currently using the LG Ac can tell which compressor is being used in their Ac be it window or split.

Regards,
Lalit Tyagi
Old 19th June 2011, 19:53   #2076
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Akshay, I got the 2.2T Daikin Inverter FTKD71F (cooling only) for 53.5/- incl taxes + 1K installation charges + copper piping of appx 10-12 meters @650/m. This is Chennai price though. Must point out that I have taken total 5 Daikins from the same dealer in the last 4-6 weeks and promised to taken another 2 next month.
In that case my dealer better match those prices. Can you post the name of your dealer? Thank you very much. We are paying this chap more than 1l for the installation + piping (lots) and all for 7 ACs in the house, so he better give me the best prices.

Hows the AC btw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoguy4u View Post
Can i please get the contact information of the dealer of Daikin aircons?

Thanks
Well my dealers name is Aslam and his no is 9819374746. Don't hesitate to give me as a reference.
Old 19th June 2011, 21:30   #2077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post
Hello Team,

Out of the curiosity, today I looked inside our both 5 year old LG 1.5 ton window Ac and to my surprise its having Toshiba compressor.But when I recently went to the market while I wanted to purchase the Ac for our drawing room, the dealer told me that LG uses compressor of some Helgee company.

I think this is the main reason why the LG lost its position in the AC market
and now struggling hard to lure the customers based on the advertisements and promotions.Since the Ac in my parents room is not cooling properly hence after watching the name of Toshiba, my confidence has good a much needed boost in this AC since the gold fins at the outer side are still in very good condition along with the internal side fins.I have called the customer care to send their engineer to look in to the matter asap since now I dont want to
invest another 20-25 thousand in this Ac business.

It would be of great help if the team members currently using the LG Ac can tell which compressor is being used in their Ac be it window or split.

Regards,
Lalit Tyagi
Well our 10+ year old LG A/C is using TECUMSEH Compressor and GE fan motor, just my 2 cents.
Old 19th June 2011, 22:58   #2078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Well our 10+ year old LG A/C is using TECUMSEH Compressor and GE fan motor, just my 2 cents.
10 years ago the number of compressor manufacturers were minuscule, one could literally count them on finger tips. A lot of manufacturers including Hitachi used Tecumseh compressors. We need to look at what LG is offering currently in our price conscious market. Interestingly in the US market where LG is considered to be a premium brand they offer machines with Danfoss compressors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Well my dealers name is Aslam and his no is 9819374746. Don't hesitate to give me as a reference.
Is this Aslam an employee/owner of an authorised dealership or simply an individual. The reason I ask this is that unless you buy directly from an authorised Daikin dealer and have the machines installed by them, your machines will not be covered by the manufacturer for warranty. A via dealer or a sub dealer's bill etc just does not cut it. In case of a warranty claim you must have copy(ies) of the work order(s) issued by the authorised dealer to its technicians specifically mentioning the details on the purchaser, location and each machines serial numbers etc. along with work details.

Last edited by khoj : 19th June 2011 at 23:20.
Old 20th June 2011, 00:09   #2079
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Is this Aslam an employee/owner of an authorised dealership or simply an individual. The reason I ask this is that unless you buy directly from an authorised Daikin dealer and have the machines installed by them, your machines will not be covered by the manufacturer for warranty. A via dealer or a sub dealer's bill etc just does not cut it. In case of a warranty claim you must have copy(ies) of the work order(s) issued by the authorised dealer to its technicians specifically mentioning the details on the purchaser, location and each machines serial numbers etc. along with work details.
Oh hes a proper dealer. Claims hes been distributing Daikin for over 7 years. Proprietor of a company called Emmar Comfort Systems.
Old 20th June 2011, 07:29   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@sanjayc; Thanks for the info. Do Daikin still insist that power only comes in from the outdoor module, or are they open to power being sent out (if required) and then comes back into the room?
Sir...completely lost here? What exactly does this mean? As far as I can see, power cable from inside the room is going inside the IDU first.

Quote:
In that case my dealer better match those prices. Can you post the name of your dealer? Thank you very much. We are paying this chap more than 1l for the installation + piping (lots) and all for 7 ACs in the house, so he better give me the best prices.

Hows the AC btw?
Aadarsh Aircon, Chennai (listed on Daikin website). Both 2.2T is installed in my office. Working great.
BTW, I forgot to mention that I have not taken any stabilizer..does your cost include stabilizer as well? This dealer was quoting 1.2K for 4KVA & 1.5K for 5KVA stabilizer.

Last edited by sanjayc : 20th June 2011 at 07:30.
Old 20th June 2011, 09:49   #2081
BANNED

Quote:
Sir...completely lost here? What exactly does this mean? As far as I can see, power cable from inside the room is going inside the IDU first.
Fine, then they have changed the design. In the past they (the only ones to do so) insisted on the power first goes to the compressor unit, and throught that to the inside unit. Maybe they realised that Stabilisers do not like to be put out in the open!
Old 20th June 2011, 11:41   #2082
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Aadarsh Aircon, Chennai (listed on Daikin website). Both 2.2T is installed in my office. Working great.
BTW, I forgot to mention that I have not taken any stabilizer..does your cost include stabilizer as well? This dealer was quoting 1.2K for 4KVA & 1.5K for 5KVA stabilizer.
Nope in Bombay we don't need stabilizers. I spoke to Franks dealer too, hes offering them for 55k. Possibly the price is higher in Mumbai due to octroi.
Old 20th June 2011, 12:26   #2083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Fine, then they have changed the design. In the past they (the only ones to do so) insisted on the power first goes to the compressor unit, and throught that to the inside unit. Maybe they realised that Stabilisers do not like to be put out in the open!
Sir, the design remains the same only the routing has changed..

Quote:
..for aesthetic reasons, the power cable is now routed from behind the IDU to the ODU from where an internal circuit brings it back in the required form and rating for the IDU fan motor, flaps and led display etc.

Quote:
Oh hes a proper dealer. Claims hes been distributing Daikin for over 7 years. Proprietor of a company called Emmar Comfort Systems.
Did not mean to intrude but with 7 units double checked and while Emmar is an authorised dealer, the owner however is another person.

Emmar Comfort Systems
G-13, T.J.Road,Bussa Udyog Bhavan,Sewri (West)
66156262/66156671
Owner Mr.Rathod Manoj J
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 12:29   #2084
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

Did not mean to intrude but with 7 units double checked and while Emmar is an authorised dealer, the owner however is another person.

Emmar Comfort Systems
G-13, T.J.Road,Bussa Udyog Bhavan,Sewri (West)
66156262/66156671
Owner Mr.Rathod Manoj J
Not at all. Thanks for taking the effort to help. I have been receiving all my email quotes from Mr. Rathod himself, but have been communicating with Aslam. On the quotes both their names are mentioned hence I assumed him to be an owner too.

http://www.emmarcomfortsystems.com/aboutus.html This is their website it seems.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 20th June 2011 at 12:30.
Old 20th June 2011, 16:55   #2085
Team-BHP Support

Also one more thing. DO NOT buy Samsung ACs. Ever.

I've had their top of the line 1.5t for 2 years now. The condensor has been changed twice and today again it stopped cooling. I think the compressor has conked off this time.

Advice everyone here to not touch Samsung or any of these brands for ACs. Surprisingly with TVs I would buy only Samsung.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks