Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2017, 14:21   #5431
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I didn't understand this While I can google things, but does it need to be cleaned? Any other pointers..?

If it is indeed a filter it would most certainly need to be cleaned. I'm not sure about how that is done.
Old 6th July 2017, 14:43   #5432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Hello Guys,

We are planning to get two 1.5 T A/C for our house. Since we already have two 1.5T LG A/C's, our choice narrowed to LG only. Our major concern is servicing, nearest service center is 40Kms away and our experience with LG has been good so far. So should I go with LG or any other brand? Like Panasonic, Daikin etc.

LG 1.5T 5star - LG-LSA5UR5A
LG LSA5UR5A Split AC - Ensure best air conditioning features like Jet Cool, Chaos Mode and Anti Bacteria Filter. - LG Electronics IN
On tuesday, it started showing CH-10 error. The blower is not working at all. Raised a complaint the same day and the technician came today and checked the air conditioner. Need a main board replacement, it will cost 2200 INR. Will replace it within a week.

Since the AC is out of warranty, had to pay for the inspection.

Inspection charge 250, GST 45, paid 295.
Old 15th July 2017, 03:47   #5433
Distinguished - BHPian

The Ongoing Saga of my Bedroom AC...

The 2nd-hand Daikin is settling in quite nicely, and almost all of the weird oily smell has gone.

It seems to be very a well-built, chunky unit. It is very quiet. it works very well, and only the cheapo-chinese-fake remote is a pain in the neck. Do I miss having an inverter AC? Certainly, absolutely. It is pretty good as far as it goes, but nothing like the fine climate control of an inverter machine.

So, when I can afford it...

But that will be some time, given that there is a shopping list of other stuff. And, by the look ofo it's build quality, I think that this Daikin is going to be somewhere in our house for a few years!
Old 18th July 2017, 13:48   #5434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
On tuesday, it started showing CH-10 error. The blower is not working at all. Raised a complaint the same day and the technician came today and checked the air conditioner. Need a main board replacement, it will cost 2200 INR. Will replace it within a week.
It wasn't the board that was faulty, it was the blower motor. It took another week to get the motor and now the ac is running fine. 1567 + 254 for the motor.
Old 19th July 2017, 20:18   #5435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
No vacuum pump ran. When I asked, the answer was since it already comes pre-filled with refrigerant, they don't run the vacuum.
ACs come pre filled with refrigerant. That is not the reason for vacuuming. Vacuuming is done to remove any debris, moisture and to some amount also helps in checking for leaks.

Whenever an Air Conditioner pipes are exposed to atmosphere always get vacuuming done. As it was raining it might have introduced more humidity into the system.

These days almost all installers (in my experience) try and avoid vacuuming. I had to tell them if they want my money they have to go my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Guys, have a sharp 2T inverter ac which has been working just fine all these years. it is one of those models which comes with a power consumption digital display.

Recently the display is acting weird and 0 has become 8. Imagine my shock when i got up at night to see a display of 8.2KW!

Is it something i should be worried about?
If everything is same i.e. electricity consumption, cooling efficency etc. then it's most probably an LCD issue. Try pressing the digit and see it fixes it.

Last edited by Eddy : 19th July 2017 at 20:59. Reason: Merged
Old 19th July 2017, 20:47   #5436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
What is this 3M unit inside the filter, it sits after I take the filter out to clean it.
Looks like a 3M multi / micro protection filter. If possible use a vacuum to clean it. Keep it dry. If you can get a replacement try to replace it after every season.
Old 19th July 2017, 21:22   #5437
Senior - BHPian

The Sharp gremlins are back :( Moms room AC was giving some error (timer light blinking) and not cooling (compressor was off). Our AC repair guy has come and taken the boards from both internal and external units for checking.
Old 20th July 2017, 03:49   #5438
Distinguished - BHPian

It's just sad seeing our Sharp machine sitting in our backyard scrap yard. Hoping our mechanic will take it away. For free even.

Good luck with your fix.
Old 20th July 2017, 22:23   #5439
Senior - BHPian

If the repair is too expensive it might be time to start cannibalising the other two less frequently used ones to keep the bedroom ACs running and replace those with cheapo 3 star units
Old 20th July 2017, 22:34   #5440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
If the repair is too expensive it might be time to start cannibalising the other two less frequently used ones to keep the bedroom ACs running and replace those with cheapo 3 star units
From all that I have been able to gather from this thread inverter ACs are nothing but a glorified hoax (in India, at least)!! I do not question the comfort levels they offer; I merely question the economics of it!! And most of here are not at the level where the economics does not matter to us! All said and done, 'comfort' has to have a price tag that can be justified.
Old 20th July 2017, 22:34   #5441
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, unless, of course, you get the same fault on more than one.

I was surprised to see how large the main control unit is. There are chips, probably proprietary, but maybe some component-level repair could be done.
Old 21st July 2017, 15:33   #5442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
From all that I have been able to gather from this thread inverter ACs are nothing but a glorified hoax (in India, at least)!! I do not question the comfort levels they offer; I merely question the economics of it!! And most of here are not at the level where the economics does not matter to us! All said and done, 'comfort' has to have a price tag that can be justified.
The major advantage of Inverter AC is their flow of cold air at a constant temperature. In normal AC the air is chilled when the compressor is on and warm when off. In a way Inverter AC gives the same comfort as the central chilled water plants used in large Hotels and Establishments.
Old 21st July 2017, 21:51   #5443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The major advantage of Inverter AC is their flow of cold air at a constant temperature.
I thought it was continuously variable, according to the speed at which the compressor is running, which is variable rather than fixed-on/off as in non-inverter models?
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:30   #5444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I thought it was continuously variable, according to the speed at which the compressor is running, which is variable rather than fixed-on/off as in non-inverter models?
The air flow depends on the fan settings of the IDU. The temperature on the speed of compressor in the ODU.

Technically the amount of refrigerant flow, hence the heat extraction capacity is controlled by the compressor. After stabilizing the temperature in the room the heat extraction by the gas balances the thermal load in the room, hence constant temperature. As and when the thermal load in the room changes, the compressor compensates by changing the amount of gas flowing.

In a chilled water system the water temperature is more or less constant and the IDU controls the amount of cold water that extracts the heat so you get constant teperature.
Old 22nd July 2017, 18:12   #5445
Distinguished - BHPian

Aroy, that post, subject to my technical limitations, makes sense to me, and is how I thought it worked, as per the second of your quoted statements:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The major advantage of Inverter AC is their flow of cold air at a constant temperature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The temperature on the speed of compressor in the ODU.
But you seem to be contradicting your earlier post. Or am I confused?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks