Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2018, 11:48   #6016
BANNED

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Returned, and called up the vendor. I am wondering whether we are unlucky, both Daikin and Panasonic showing leaks. Or is it that the dealerships/installers are still to master the higher pressures of R40x units.
Old 1st November 2018, 11:26   #6017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Returned, and called up the vendor. I am wondering whether we are unlucky, both Daikin and Panasonic showing leaks. Or is it that the dealerships/installers are still to master the higher pressures of R40x units.
If the leaks are in joints, then it is installation problem. If some where else - condenser or an undetectable micro leak, then the fault lies in machine.

One thing that has been stressed by both my acquaintances in commercial refrigeration and by high end installers is that high pressure gas especially R410- Diakin, LG, General etc, require piping and joints that are sturdier that used in the older AC's. The diameter is a bit more and the wall thickness is around twice as much. Further the end points for joints between the pipe and the AC are beefier. Then there is the quality of flaring tools and the experience of the installer. All these add up to much more expensive installation, but you get excellent workmanship and peace of mind.

One thing to note is that some gasses present in sewers and storm water drains, corrode the AC piping within a couple of years. This is especially so in areas like Mayur Vihar where a large drains runs within 100m of the housing colonies. The only recourse in such case is to source an AC that is doubly protected against atmospheric corrosion. I believe Daikin has a range of machines specifically designed for such case.

https://www.daikinindia.com/products...ti-corrosion-1

and here is a commercial response to corrosion
http://www.acbachao.com/
Old 1st November 2018, 11:51   #6018
BANNED

@ARoy; In fact the high pressure lines on R40x are having a lower diameter, possibly as the higher pressure allows it. As for copper tubes all have 1000psi plus ratings, the narrower ones have higher ratings.
Old 1st November 2018, 12:02   #6019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ARoy; In fact the high pressure lines on R40x are having a lower diameter, possibly as the higher pressure allows it. As for copper tubes all have 1000psi plus ratings, the narrower ones have higher ratings.
Daikin recommended pipes are of larger diameter. The quality of pipe also matters. The technicians from professional services group advised against using Chinese or local Copper Pipes, but to stick to Malaysian imports. It seems the others have either QA problems or are made purposely that way - slight deviation in diameter and usually thinner. Most important they are made of copper that is brittle and can have manufacturing micro cracks. None of these problems are there with Malaysian imports.
Old 3rd November 2018, 09:03   #6020
BANNED

Yesterday, I had a visit from the company technician. He confirmed the leakage and I really want the unit to be replaced, so have approached the vendor. Let is see how it goes.
Old 3rd November 2018, 09:32   #6021
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Does anyone have contacts in the upper levels of Panasonic in the service area?
Try sending a mail with the complete history to:

service.head@in.panasonic.com

Got it from here.
Old 3rd November 2018, 11:46   #6022
BANNED

Thanks Gannu_1. I may use the link. Just waiting for the dealer response.
Old 15th November 2018, 20:37   #6023
BHPian

I am looking to buy a inverter AC for home in 1.5 ton capacity. Blue Star and Voltas seems good with hundred percent copper, any recommendations in terms of build quality, durability and service? Would like to avoid O General for the high initial cost!
Old 16th November 2018, 10:50   #6024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDragon3 View Post
I am looking to buy a inverter AC for home in 1.5 ton capacity. Blue Star and Voltas seems good with hundred percent copper, any recommendations in terms of build quality, durability and service? Would like to avoid O General for the high initial cost!
You can get LG 5 star Inverter. The USP is
. No stabilizer required
. 15K Extended AMC for 4 years takes care of everything including electronics and gas. Apart from that you get two service free.

The AMC alone is worth the expense as practically no other manufacturer takes care of the electronics and gas.
Old 16th November 2018, 11:23   #6025
BANNED

Quote:
Yesterday, I had a visit from the company technician. He confirmed the leakage and I really want the unit to be replaced, so have approached the vendor. Let is see how it goes.
Panasonic claim to have found a leak on the inside of the connector. The unit is back and installed. However, they do not have R410 so filling and testing are impossible.
Old 16th November 2018, 15:49   #6026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
You can get LG 5 star Inverter. The USP is
. No stabilizer required
. 15K Extended AMC for 4 years takes care of everything including electronics and gas. Apart from that you get two service free.

The AMC alone is worth the expense as practically no other manufacturer takes care of the electronics and gas.
Your views on Blue Star as well? and how does it fare with LG?
Old 17th November 2018, 12:14   #6027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDragon3 View Post
Your views on Blue Star as well? and how does it fare with LG?
With the complexity of current AC, they will always require a lot of care and maintenance. With electronics failing due to the power quality, it is imperative to acquire appliances with a good warranty/AMC backed up by excellent service.

I have Hitachi, Daikin and now LG AC. The quality of service and the reasonable AMC schemes of LG are way ahead of the other two brands. In fact for both Hitachi and Daikin I find the the local AC mechanics do a much better job at less than half the price compared to the manufacturer's representatives (they are normally third party authorised to carry out repairs by the manufacturer).

In contrast LG has service controlled tightly and their AMC is all inclusive. I have had 6 years extended AMC for my washing machine and now inverter AC for 5 years. No hassles till date.

Blue Star and Voltas are big players in the Industrial Sector, but their consumer AC are nothing to speak of, and the service network patchy. So I would stay away from them, unless you get a comprehensive AMC ;Gas, MB etc; from them.
Old 17th November 2018, 16:02   #6028
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Daikin recommended pipes are of larger diameter. The quality of pipe also matters. The technicians from professional services group advised against using Chinese or local Copper Pipes, but to stick to Malaysian imports. It seems the others have either QA problems or are made purposely that way - slight deviation in diameter and usually thinner. Most important they are made of copper that is brittle and can have manufacturing micro cracks. None of these problems are there with Malaysian imports.
Daikin recommends a smaller diameter for the high pressure side and a higher diameter for the suction. When I bought my first R40x unit the Daikin kit had a bigger diameter pipe on the discharge side so the installer had to braze in smaller tubes at either end. The suction was the same.
Old 22nd November 2018, 08:07   #6029
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, am seriously fed up with the shoddy quality of new Daikin air-cons.

What is a good brand to switch to? Which are the top 2 - 3 brands in the split a/c market today in terms of quality?

Thanks!
Old 22nd November 2018, 08:28   #6030
BHPian

Re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Try O Generals? They are supposedly very good and the most popular in middle eastern markets and work well in desert like heat. Also, I've had my Hitachis for 8 years and they have held up very good through many inter state and local moves. So I can vouch for the Hitachis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks