Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2019, 15:22   #6136
BHPian

Re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
And to save dear PCB from that nano second surges (rare in Delhi) I've checked Uc275/20A MOV surge protectors in Delhi - retailers have no idea about it; only FEEO brand through Amazon is available online. Will check before monsoon.
Go to an electronics spare parts shop and ask for MOV. It is a 2 legged component (Metal Oxide Varistor) that can be fitted inside the metal socket of your AC supply point. Make sure that it is fitted after a suitably rated MCB.
Old 5th April 2019, 19:25   #6137

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
As 2019 summer months are approaching, I recently started doing a search for 1.5-ton ACs. Went thru’ numerous forums starting with our very own Team BHP. Great information on this forum, thank-you all. ............... Overall, very happy with the Mitsubishi split AC purchase.
Hi,

Would you be kind enough to provide model number and the cost?

Thanks.
Old 6th April 2019, 07:43   #6138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Hi,

Would you be kind enough to provide model number and the cost?

Thanks.
The Mitsubishi Inverter 1.5 ton AC model number is: MUY-GN18VF and total cost with installation and stabilizer came to around INR 54K.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 6th April 2019, 13:05   #6139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
From what I have seen, most LG 1.5T AC with dual inverter have very minor differences. So what I did was to pick out the best deal available on Paytm.

I just purchased and installed a LG dual inverter split AC 1.5 T (5 stars 2019 model). The cost was 44,000 without installation and was purchased from a LG showroom. Standard installation charges from LG are 699 on offer which would change to 1500 soon as other companies.
The AC comes with a 3M filter. The slightly higher model came with mosquito repellant and wifi controlled with mobile. Did not need that. However the same series models (usually 4 to 5) have minor differences and minor difference in price.
Old 6th April 2019, 15:10   #6140
Distinguished - BHPian

I suppose LG is sincere, but all the entomologists I've read on the subject of sonic mosquito repellers day rust they don't work.
Old 6th April 2019, 18:16   #6141
Senior - BHPian

Need two 2 Ton Split ACs for my large L-shaped Living room and lobby. I don't need Inverter as they'd be working less than 2-3 hours everyday.

Upfront cost saving is my priority yet I want durable units. Any brand recommendations?

I've only used Daikin's so far but since these would be used rarely I don't want to splurge buying expensive units. Voltas came to my mind simply because I see a lot of them in shops & offices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
5 star Inverters:
-Daikin JTKJ35TV16U, 5.80
This is the absolute best (thus far) of all the split ACs I've experienced so far. I got this installed last year in one of the bedrooms and purchased another unit last week to install in my master bedroom.

I've been using & recommending Daikin's for the last 4-5 years and everybody in the family is all gaga about its performance. I have used their FTKP model extensively (2 of which are still going strong) and will now have 2 JTKJs in my house.
Old 6th April 2019, 19:15   #6142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post

I've been using & recommending Daikin's for the last 4-5 years
I will recommend you to go for 1.5T instead of 2T, since there is not much difference going to be in the airflow rate, and since 1.5T are aplenty, one can save a lot more. We were also in the market to buy 2Ts, but the shopkeeper told us to get 1.5T instead.

I'm using 2x1.5T Daikin Inverters (https://www.snapdeal.com/product/dai...rter-ac/680387) in our living room, which is sufficient for rapid cooling and our usage pattern is similar to your requirement.

I'd recommend Inverters over normal ones due to advantages of continuous operation, you will never feel uncomfortable, as the compressor won't go off ever, and there will be no dead time for the ACs. It's becomes important when having guests over, and creates a preferable experience.

You may refer the "AirFlow" rate for better comparison amongst the models you shortlist.

However, if you choose Voltas, this seems like a good buy. Check the Airflow rate!
https://www.tatacliq.com/voltas-2-to...00000004460882

Last edited by sharktale : 6th April 2019 at 19:20.
Old 6th April 2019, 21:32   #6143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
I will recommend you to go for 1.5T instead of 2T, since there is not much difference going to be in the airflow rate, and since 1.5T are aplenty, one can save a lot more. We were also in the market to buy 2Ts, but the shopkeeper told us to get 1.5T instead.

I'm using 2x1.5T Daikin Inverters (https://www.snapdeal.com/product/dai...rter-ac/680387) in our living room, which is sufficient for rapid cooling and our usage pattern is similar to your requirement.

I'd recommend Inverters over normal ones

For a living room it's better to have a 2T considering size and occasionally when guests are present. When more people are there, more air flow is needed.

Inverter is the way to go as difference would not be much. Some difference in price would be there between 3 star and 5 star of the same series. So a 3 star would suffice as you would not be using it overnight.
Old 7th April 2019, 10:02   #6144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Need two 2 Ton Split ACs for my large L-shaped Living room and lobby. I don't need Inverter as they'd be working less than 2-3 hours everyday.

Upfront cost saving is my priority yet I want durable units. Any brand recommendations?
First of all is you have more than 20 guests then 5-5T is the optimum for Delhi summer. I am partial to one large unit than having two or three smaller ones.

Check out 4T and 5T AC in the manufacturer's commercial section. They are build to withstand commercial duty and last much longer.

If you have false ceiling then two ceiling mounted cassettes are better than wall mounted units. If there is plenty of floor space then floor standing units are there.

https://www.daikinindia.com/product-category/cassette
https://www.lg.com/in/business/air-c...sette/inverter
Old 7th April 2019, 13:47   #6145
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks, my family and I have moved to a small apartment and require a new air-conditioner.

The bedroom size is small at around 140sqft. I have done some research and zeroed in on a Daikin aircon model from the JTKJ series. It is an inverter ac. Now I am confused whether to go in for the 1 ton model or 1.5 ton model. Does the inverter tech mean that it will consume just as much energy as the 1 ton model in this small space, or have I understood things wrongly?

Also we do plan on moving to a bigger place in a year's time. So keeping that in mind, would it be wise to buy the 1.5 ton model or stick to a 1 ton model? Also are there any other airconditioners that members would recommend I look at before going in for something from the Daikin JTKJ series?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th April 2019 at 07:48. Reason: formatting for better readability
Old 8th April 2019, 14:57   #6146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
...... I have done some research and zeroed in on a Daikin aircon model from the JTKJ series. It is an inverter ac. Now I am confused whether to go in for the 1 ton model or 1.5 ton model.
.......... So keeping that in mind, would it be wise to buy the 1.5 ton model or stick to a 1 ton model?
When it comes to large appliances, it is always better to go for a bigger unit. In this case, a 1.5 ton will cool better with less stress. An inverter AC compressor runs as per the load and at the end of the day the power consumption will tend to be lower with a 1.5 ton AC.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th April 2019 at 07:49. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 9th April 2019, 08:38   #6147
BHPian

Hi Folks, I'm looking forward to replacing my 5 year old 5 star 1.5 Ton General Split AC installed in the master bedroom with LG dual inverter 5 star AC.

Now my query is LG uses R32 whereas the existing AC uses R410a. I don't want to replace the entire piping as it is concealed. I have read that R410a is actually a mixture of R32 and R125. If I don't replace the piping while installing the new AC, will it cause any issues. Will it affect the warranty

Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 10:02   #6148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Rider View Post
Hi Folks, I'm looking forward to replacing my 5 year old 5 star 1.5 Ton General Split AC installed in the master bedroom with LG dual inverter 5 star AC.

Now my query is LG uses R32 whereas the existing AC uses R410a. I don't want to replace the entire piping as it is concealed. I have read that R410a is actually a mixture of R32 and R125. If I don't replace the piping while installing the new AC, will it cause any issues. Will it affect the warranty

Thanks
Check the High pressure and low pressure pipe diameter for both the gasses. if they are the same then you can use the existing piping. Else you will have to get it replaced. No other option.
Old 9th April 2019, 12:00   #6149
BHPian

Thanks for your reply sagarpadaki. The pipe diameter is same for both the gases.
Old 9th April 2019, 12:36   #6150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Rider View Post

Thanks
The correct answer can be given by LG themselves. Ring up the LG service and clarify the matter.

LG has both R32 as well as R410A models. The R410a models are marginally cheaper. Otherwise the refrigerant will escape into the atmosphere.

LG AC comes with about 3m of pipe, so if your existing piping is less than that then you might as well as use new pipes.

The only way to recover refrigerant is to use service mode to pump it back into the ODU and then close the valve. Once that is done there is practically no gas in the old pipe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks