Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2018, 22:48   #5986
BANNED

Current Daikin made in India range is very poorly designed .We bought 2 nos JTKJ 1.5Tons in March 2018 .Compared to models (Made in Thailand) which we were using made in India indoor unit blower length is approx 30per smaller ( so is the indoor unit length , coil length ) .This I believe is root cause of problem we are facing which are indoor unit is too noisy , coils are getting choked too soon, blower making funny noises, filters get choked too soon ( already had wet service in August end with jet after raising complaint with Daikin ).I would suggest if Daikin stick to Made in Thailand ones, they are the real deal .
I also have a made in Thailand unit Ftkc series (great machine ) and when I started using Jtkj series I felt robbed by Daikin .All are inverter units .

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 14th September 2018 at 22:53.
Old 14th September 2018, 23:48   #5987
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Current Daikin made in India range is very poorly designed .We bought 2 nos JTKJ 1.5Tons in March 2018 .Compared to models (Made in Thailand) which we were using made in India indoor unit blower length is approx 30per smaller ( so is the indoor unit length , coil length ) .This I believe is root cause of problem we are facing which are indoor unit is too noisy , coils are getting choked too soon, blower making funny noises, filters get choked too soon ( already had wet service in August end with jet after raising complaint with Daikin ).I would suggest if Daikin stick to Made in Thailand ones, they are the real deal .
I also have a made in Thailand unit Ftkc series (great machine ) and when I started using Jtkj series I felt robbed by Daikin .All are inverter units .

Been using a JTKM here, no issues of filter or coils getting chocked even after a year. I just vacuumed and blow air once last year. Twice this year thanks to neighboring building construction, I even then typically to this when I clean my PC, windows panes every 3 months. So I clean every device in the house that has a fan.

The FTKC has a more powerful blower, same air flow as the FTKF both use the same remote.

There are different size of Daikin indoor unit even in Thailand, Indonesia, MEA, some are even smaller then the JTKJ. So I don't believe it makes a difference if it's thailand made.

If the FTKC indoor unit is more in length, then the JTKJ has more in depth.
Old 15th September 2018, 11:43   #5988
BANNED

Well the FTKC is also 1.5tons but it's outdoor unit is nearly 50per bigger than JTKJ 1.5ton .Also a longer pitch length means air intake has larger surface area to get into cooling coil and also outdoor heat exchanger .In JTKJ by reducing the length and adding depth (they have two layers of coils one on top of other ) air path is reduced considerably .My complaint with Daikin is also how flimsy these Made in India units are in terms of rigidity .Again all comparison to my earlier Daikin Non Inverter Thailand Units and FTKC Thailand Inverter Units .May be I got a bad lot but I won't be buying Daikin India again .I never had any issues from Thailand made units for the past 12years .

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 15th September 2018 at 11:45.
Old 15th September 2018, 12:25   #5989
Senior - BHPian

The choking of coils - both indoor as well as outdoor depends on the location. Take the case of our house.
. We have two split and one window in three rooms. The outer condensers are facing South in all the three. These units never get clogged.
. Our bedroom unit (both when there was a window and now split) faces west. Wind in Delhi is normally in the East-West direction. So this unit has perennially clogging issue. At least with the new LG Inverter I go to the terrace every week and wash the condenser. You have to see the amount of dust and mud that comes out of this (same was the case with window when it was washed). In contrast the Daikin which is also on the terrace and faces south just does not accumulate the dust and the water comes out clean.

In short if the heat exchanger coils are in the path of wind then dust will accumulate much faster than if it is normal to the air flow. There fore make an effort to check the prevailing wind direction and site the units where the heat exchange coils are perpendicular to the wind flow, if you want less dust accumulation.

Last edited by Aroy : 15th September 2018 at 12:26.
Old 15th September 2018, 14:41   #5990
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Well the FTKC is also 1.5tons but it's outdoor unit is nearly 50per bigger than JTKJ 1.5ton .Also a longer pitch length means air intake has larger surface area to get into cooling coil and also outdoor heat exchanger .In JTKJ by reducing the length and adding depth (they have two layers of coils one on top of other ) air path is reduced considerably .My complaint with Daikin is also how flimsy these Made in India units are in terms of rigidity .Again all comparison to my earlier Daikin Non Inverter Thailand Units and FTKC Thailand Inverter Units .May be I got a bad lot but I won't be buying Daikin India again .I never had any issues from Thailand made units for the past 12years .

The Inverter FTKC outdoor unit has the exact same dimensions as JTKJ, if it's 50% smaller then you may have got a 1 ton outdoor unit. Please check.

Yes the Indoor unit is less longer. The coil in the indoor unit has more depth not height, since the shape of the coil is like a inverted "V", FTKC may have more exposed surface area to direct air like the top intake vent, the JTKJ may have more area towards the two tip of the inverted V coil, but I agree the FTKC still has a edge in surface area. But this is the design they choose to get the higher ISEER in JTKJ and like I said there are even smaller units in Thailand and else where.

By build you mean the plastics, I do remember seeing some really good plastic on Daikin in some lower end 3 star models (perhaps they were imported). But the plastics even in Indian made one is still much better then the competition from LG, samsung, Indian made panasonic/Hitachi and pretty much every Indian or Chinese re-badge brands.

Aroy, has made a very important point. In my case the outdoor AC has structure on all but one side and the wind has other easier paths for it to pass. I choose this area because of the less dust potential. It would also help if you have trees or plants, they are the best natural dust filter.
Old 15th September 2018, 15:24   #5991
BANNED

I just looked up the Daikin website and I have different model in FTKC not listed there .Mine was bought about 3years ago .So I understand when you say both outdoor units have equal size .I believe they have changed now .Both are 1.5ton units indoor and outdoor which is represented by 50 in the model number .Also I don't have issue of dust in outdoor units , choking is more of an issue with the indoor JTKJ. The Daikin service person who came were also complaining about how new design needs more maintenance.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 15th September 2018 at 15:26.
Old 15th September 2018, 16:29   #5992
BANNED

If the indoor unit is clogging up that frequently, I would worry about our lungs.
Get a Air Purifier, even a cheap one like the ones in the below link is much better then some expensive overpriced crap, or if you want a good looking one with real time particle count display get the Mi 2 air purifier. Changing the filter of the air purifier is a lot easier then the PIA cleaning of the Indoor unit coil fins or the service cost.

https://smartairfilters.com/in/en/pr...air-purifiers/
Old 15th September 2018, 21:38   #5993
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
If the indoor unit is clogging up that frequently, I would worry about our lungs....
https://smartairfilters.com/in/en/pr...air-purifiers/
Well I was just comparing JTKJ vs FTKC on front of requiring maintenance services .Both models are in the same house .As for air purifiers have two of Daikin MC70 which gets used during winter seasons .The amount of air containment particle they collect was a revelation when I had opened them for a service after a few months of use .
Old 16th September 2018, 17:03   #5994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I have had splits and window AC for ages. The only advantage of window AC is that if you have the same tonnage and manufacturer, you can switch a bad unit with a good one in dire case.

Thank you for the insight. From a split inverter A/C to 5 star regular window unit, finally ended up with the Voltas one I mentioned earlier. It was the only window inverter one available .Unfortunately, split wasn't feasible given a certain way of window/ balcony construction.
Old 17th September 2018, 11:16   #5995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
And, with an inverter, I don't think that the compressor is ever entirely off? So, even if one sets the temperature to higher-than-ambient, some cooling happens.
Yesterday, I set the temperature to 27 degrees, and woke up at 2 in the night, feeling cold, to see that the room temperature is now 25 degrees.

I guess some cooling always happen because it cannot turn off the compressor, and that does not seem like a good thing.
Old 17th September 2018, 11:41   #5996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Yesterday, I set the temperature to 27 degrees, and woke up at 2 in the night, feeling cold, to see that the room temperature is now 25 degrees.

I guess some cooling always happen because it cannot turn off the compressor, and that does not seem like a good thing.
One thing that we must be aware of is that the IDU senses the temperature at its inlet, so as long as the inlet is more than the set temperature it will keep the compressor chugging along. This is there for both inverter and non inverter AC.

The problem with inverter AC is that they are always on, and as the outlet temperature can be as low as 6 degrees, the room can get super cool when outside is mild. From that point of view a normal non inverter model is better.

Some (if not all inverter) models do switch the compressor off, if the inlet to IDU is way below the set temperature.

I generally check the room temperature with a desktop digital thermometer placed at one end of the room.

Last edited by Aroy : 17th September 2018 at 11:42.
Old 17th September 2018, 12:09   #5997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
One thing that we must be aware of is that the IDU senses the temperature at its inlet, so as long as the inlet is more than the set temperature it will keep the compressor chugging along.
I generally check the room temperature with a desktop digital thermometer placed at one end of the room.
I should have mentioned - Yesterday, I set the AC in follow-me mode and left the remote (it has a sensor) next to the desktop temperature/humidity meter (https://www.amazon.in/HTC-1-Humidity.../dp/B01LTHYX0U) on the bed side table. My AC/remote only displays the temperature setting, not the current temperature. Carrier Superia 4i.
Old 17th September 2018, 14:52   #5998
Distinguished - BHPian

Our local AC mechanic took away the mix'n'match that we replaced with the new Mitsubishi. He gave us 4k for it, which surprised me!
Old 20th September 2018, 12:45   #5999
BHPian

What is the service charge for DAIKIN Split AC (1.5 Ton) from authorized Daikin Service. I've a JTKM which needs service. Do they Pressure/Jet wash the IDU & ODU both.

What should be the pointers regarding this Split AC since I understand most service techs would not do a proper service as recommended by DAIKIN.

Regarding quality of this model I would say the plastic quality is not upto the mark & the overall built is flimsy compared to earlier DAIKIN which were imported.
Old 20th September 2018, 14:05   #6000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
What is the service charge for DAIKIN Split AC (1.5 Ton) from authorized Daikin Service. I've a JTKM which needs service. Do they Pressure/Jet wash the IDU & ODU both.

What should be the pointers regarding this Split AC since I understand most service techs would not do a proper service as recommended by DAIKIN.

Regarding quality of this model I would say the plastic quality is not upto the mark & the overall built is flimsy compared to earlier DAIKIN which were imported.
I doubt that any authorised service personnel do a pressure wash. I have yet to see them do a wash of the IDU heat exchanger.

We get our Daikin and Hitachi serviced by independent service technicians. They do as good a service as the authorised ones and at less than half the cost. For split AC they use a brush to clean the IDU and wash the filter and cover. For ODU they connect our garden hose to water connection and wash the unit. No pressure wash.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks