Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2013, 18:12   #1111
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I did that. Nokia Music is showing only my music and settings in my phone still. The version is 3.10.822.0
Faced same Issue. There was some issue with my nokia account. called them Up Y;day, raised a ticket by calling at 30303838 and today my Music is working . Even i can download music as well . See Below

Name:  wp_ss_20130820_00021.png
Views: 527
Size:  67.1 KBName:  wp_ss_20130820_00031.png
Views: 512
Size:  149.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikacin View Post
Do we need to download certain app for making the FM radio functional now?
Per se nokia Support guys , you should get radio Option under "music+video" tab. Incase you are not getting the option there, Amber update hasn't installed successfully . you might need to reinstall it. Again no idea how to reinstall it and guy was un aware I guess "when i asked him how to reinstall.

Per se Him, There is no specific App for FM radio .
Old 20th August 2013, 18:33   #1112
BHPian

I have had the Lumia 520 for about 4 months now and am absolutely satisfied. The one feature I am missing is the front camera, which i used regularly on my earlier Android when abroad. Now, have to do with the voice only option. The ease of use and the fast interface are absolute gems when compared with my earlier phone.
Old 20th August 2013, 19:17   #1113
Team-BHP Support

Guys, does whatsapp work well with Nokia Windows phones, especially 520 ?

I may pick one up for my dad, and whatsapp is the only app he is likely to use apart from facebook.
Old 20th August 2013, 19:28   #1114
Team-BHP Support

Eddy,

Whatsapp works fine on WP8. You'll need to clean it up periodically though or it may start to lag.

Got the amber update this morning. Works like a charm.
Old 20th August 2013, 19:30   #1115
BHPian

So, we have Amber update available now for 820

Looks like they were in hurry to release the update and misspelled "Available"

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/...-asia-pacific/
Old 20th August 2013, 20:02   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, does whatsapp work well with Nokia Windows phones, especially 520 ?.
Hi eddy ,

I too Use 520 and it works pretty well . NO Issues seen so far with both what;s App and Facebook App .

IMO Biggest Benefit with Windows is that Popular Apps don;t crash as they are tested pretty well by MS and Nokia before release . Moreover Nokia Support is excellent wrt to Lumia's .

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Got the amber update this morning. Works like a charm.
Suhaas ,

Do you see the Option of FM radio in your lumia ? .
If you could post a screen shot Please .

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 20th August 2013 at 20:05. Reason: quoting suhaas
Old 20th August 2013, 20:12   #1117
BHPian

Did some looking around on my phone in settings and voila! have discovered some new features post Amber update.

The glance screen is a nice addition. moreover, there is an option of "peek" where if you hover your hand over the phone, it will show you the glance scree. Tried it, works like a charm. Apart from that, there is an addition of double tap function that will wake up the phone from sleep mode, although it is supposed to be consuming more power.

The Data sense app too is a nice app to monitor your data consumption status on a periodic basis, especially for a person like me who has post paid plan.

Finally found the FM radio too in the Music and Videos section.

Hats off to Nokia for this much needed Amber update.
Old 21st August 2013, 07:09   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Have you signed into the Nokia Music account? I think the mix radio is enabled only when one is signed in atleast once.
Yes, I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Faced same Issue. There was some issue with my nokia account. called them Up Y;day, raised a ticket by calling at 30303838 and today my Music is working . Even i can download music as well . See Below
Awesome! Will try that. Is the number +91 (citycode) 30303838 ?
Old 22nd August 2013, 18:47   #1119
BHPian

Hi All,

Can you suggest a good handsfree (wired) set for my Nokia Lumia 800. The stock ones provided aren't great in terms of music clarity and bass. They mesh covering (if i mentioned it clearly) as fallen off and the music quality has fallen down.

I am looking for a good handsfree set which can provide nice bass and music clarity. Please advise.
Old 23rd August 2013, 01:24   #1120
Team-BHP Support

Whats the verdict on Nokia Lumia 520
Normally for myself I would prefer Android, but for the user in question turn by turn navigation without data is a big requirement.
Nokia Here maps are the only thing which allow this.

Another requirement is ability to use skype for voice calls. I was told there were some issues which got fixed.

Some feedback please?
Also how is the voice quality and battery life?
Old 23rd August 2013, 01:36   #1121
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Suhaas

Do you see the Option of FM radio in your lumia ? .
If you could post a screen shot Please .
Yup the FM radio option seems to be there, although I don't use it. I use the TuneIn radio app instead as I'm quite picky with music.

I can't seem to be able to post pictures from my WP8 on Team-BHP though. :(
Old 23rd August 2013, 06:24   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Whats the verdict on Nokia Lumia 520
Normally for myself I would prefer Android, but for the user in question turn by turn navigation without data is a big requirement.
Nokia Here maps are the only thing which allow this.

Another requirement is ability to use skype for voice calls. I was told there were some issues which got fixed.

Some feedback please?
Also how is the voice quality and battery life?
I would suggest the Lumia 620 than 520 since navigation is a primary requirement. Its also better built, comes with more features and the has a much much better screen in terms of quality.
Old 23rd August 2013, 09:07   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Is the number +91 (citycode) 30303838 ?
most probably yes. I tried by dialling same number with delhi and noida STD codes and it worked .
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Another requirement is ability to use skype for voice calls. I was told there were some issues which got fixed.Some feedback please?Also how is the voice quality and battery life?
HI Tanveer ,

Normal Usage , battery easily last One and a Half day & i have What's Up always running in background, Mail synch every 30 min( 3 mails accounts) and 2 hours calls. As for Skype goes, I Use it on my 520 and it has worked perfectly so far specially on Wifi . On 2 G Skype calls are a Bit not up to mark specially if you are moving . On stand still , it's Manageable with some lag in voice . Most probably due to slow 2G connection .
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I can't seem to be able to post pictures from my WP8 on Team-BHP though. :(
Thanks Suhaas. I usually copy Pictures to my laptop before uploading them to world wide web . Not sure why you are unable to do so. did you changed browser . try with U C browser .
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:03   #1124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I would suggest the Lumia 620 than 520 since navigation is a primary requirement. Its also better built, comes with more features and the has a much much better screen in terms of quality.
That would reach 12000 territory, and for that price I can get a nice android. I am looking at 7000-8000 bracket. The android phones in that category are slow to use. However, Xolo A500S seems nice, and it will probably be a decision between the lumia and that. Lumia has here maps, which is great advantage

Quote:
most probably yes. I tried by dialling same number with delhi and noida STD codes and it worked .

HI Tanveer ,

Normal Usage , battery easily last One and a Half day & i have What's Up always running in background, Mail synch every 30 min( 3 mails accounts) and 2 hours calls. As for Skype goes, I Use it on my 520 and it has worked perfectly so far specially on Wifi . On 2 G Skype calls are a Bit not up to mark specially if you are moving . On stand still , it's Manageable with some lag in voice . Most probably due to slow 2G connection .

Thanks Suhaas. I usually copy Pictures to my laptop before uploading them to world wide web . Not sure why you are unable to do so. did you changed browser . try with U C browser .
Thanks for your feedback. For a budget phone this seems very nice.
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:32   #1125
BHPian

@tsk1979. Why don't you try the Huawei ascend y300? It retails at Rs 7890 on flipkart. Huawei is quite an old player and should be reliable. Found decent reviews for the phone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks